What is your match day plan for Sunday?

I've rewatched the rocky films and the first two godfather films in the last couple of months, otherwise that sounds like a great plan :D

Just a normal Sunday for me, then watch the match. Then either celebrate or go into a media blackout for a few days/weeks/months. Might even go to local bonfire if England win (ok...not that far).

I've not had a chance to watch a knockout game in a pub due to having to self-isolate. So my plan is to pitch up very early at a pub that doesn't require bookings, eat lunch, and then drink until kick-off, before hopefully setting off for central London to frolic.

I don't know. It still hasn't sunk in that it's England in the final :D 

Pre tournament I told my Irish GF, in attempt to get her to support England, I'd propose to her if England won. She moved in last year and I didn't wanna negative orgones bringing me down while watching the games.

So she's got onboard and supported them and it's been fun watching with her. And obviously I wont have to propose coz 'lads, it's England'. Win win.... I thought. 

Since Indian & Bangladeshi immigrants came over in the 60s and 70s, opened restaurants for their homesick brothers and sisters, then the rest of the country clocked that their food was bloody amazing. 

Some nutter then puts illuminus red food dye in a curry sauce and a national dish is born :D

26 minutes ago, Orzelek said:

Since when is a curry a English dish? :D 

At least the Italians have enough great food to stick to their own cuisine before the game :D 

Scoatish! Think this user name was random nonsense? 

28 minutes ago, Orzelek said:

Since when is a curry a English dish? :D 

At least the Italians have enough great food to stick to their own cuisine before the game :D 

Fun fact: I am probably the only British person who absolutely hates curry.

No plans. I will have to watch it in the Front Room.

9 minutes ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

Ah yeah. Remember the story was it came from Scotland. Well Wiki suggests so as a possibilty. Seems plausible...

"On a typical dark, wet Glasgow night, a bus driver coming off shift came in and ordered a chicken curry. He sent it back to the waiter saying it's dry. At the time, Dad had an ulcer and was enjoying a plate of tomato soup. So he said why not put some tomato soup into the curry with some spices. They sent it back to the table and the bus driver absolutely loved it. He and his friends came back again and again and we put it on the menu"

1 minute ago, skybluedave said:

Ah yeah. Remember the story was it came from Scotland. Well Wiki suggests so as a possibilty. Seems plausible...

"On a typical dark, wet Glasgow night, a bus driver coming off shift came in and ordered a chicken curry. He sent it back to the waiter saying it's dry. At the time, Dad had an ulcer and was enjoying a plate of tomato soup. So he said why not put some tomato soup into the curry with some spices. They sent it back to the table and the bus driver absolutely loved it. He and his friends came back again and again and we put it on the menu"

Boaby Carlisle is being sounded out for the film.

12 minutes ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

I've heard the Glasgow story before on a episode of QI.

But choosing a Scottish dish is even weirder :p :D 

15 minutes ago, oche balboa said:

Got to have a fat curry on Sunday before the game, But having said that i will be too nervous to eat

Aside from the 2018 World Cup Semi its the most nervous i've been since following the Albion in the 90s

I'm actually thinking of doing the same, usually have Madras but may upgrade to my first ever VINDERLOOOOO!

Then spend the rest of the evening asking myself why i did that.

It's my birthday on Sunday, so I'll be enjoying a morning visit to feed the ducks and geese, which has become a beloved pastime since lockdown last year.

Other than that I don't have any real plans, though I may watch the men's Wimbledon final in the afternoon despite having watched probably a total of one hours tennis during the whole tournament. Might watch a film. 

Gym, pub lunch, Wimbledon Final, then watch the build up at home from about 19.00. Going to have some nice nibbles and a few drinks but don't want to start drinking too early and fall asleep :/  

Have gardening to do during day (exciting) and as it involves digging up a lot of grass I'll probably end up crippled with backache the rest of the day. Will have the radio on listening to the build up and then move on to some football songs.

Then it'll be a shower and the vodka comes out, songs get louder, back pain goes (nice one alcohol), Indian gets ordered. Eat that, songs get even louder, wife tells me to turn it down (probably) before sitting down for the game.

Spend most of match screaming and swearing at the TV whilst also explaining to the wife why I'm doing that as she looks at me like I'm speaking a different language.

Match finishes, football has come home and everyone is happy.

The end.

I'll be in San Francisco to watch it, but I haven't decided yet if I'm going to watch it in an Italian bar or English pub. The English fans tend to be quite a bit more obnoxious and there's a greater chance of being hit with pints of beer flying through the air (plastic cups thankfully), so I'm leaning towards an Italian bar in North Beach.

Family fry-up in the morning, then laze around until around 11am.  Going out for a walk over lunch with picnic and early afternoon with the missus and kids as if I sit at home I'll just go insane.  Get back around 3ish, begin to catch some build up, do some LDR work.  Sort the kids tea out, watch Mike Bassett of something.  Start watching build up from 6pm, beers open, kids staying up, have some food.  All watch the match at 8pm.  Try to get the kids to bed after the match, celebrate or commiserate for an hour or two.  Go into work Monday morning and pretend to teach. 

Enjoy it all people, no matter what you are doing, who you are with, and wherever you go.

It's coming home (I hope!).

Edited by Rebs

On 09/07/2021 at 18:02, Readingfanman said:

Pub booked for 2PM, train at 1PM.

Head to Wembley for 6, 6:30PM.

Home anytime between 1AM and 6AM dependant upon result...

Are you actually at the game or are you just hanging around Wembley??

4 hours ago, skybluedave said:

Make sure you book a pub. I gave up trying to find a booking for the quarter finals so can imagine what final will be like.

I got somewhere last minute. Literally nothing else anywhere it’s so full.

5 hours ago, RTHerringbone said:

London does tend to be a bit busy. It's something to do with nine million people I think.

Probably. I’m used to the small city of Preston :D

I've woken up with a hangover, weird old day this is, nervous for a team I don't generally support but I think as has been said, this England team seems to represent the England that I grew up in more than any of those in the past, representing the cities and the multicultural society of England more so than any before.

I know it has it's detractors but I do sincerely hope England win, I've seen more people than ever following them, from every background, its been quite nice that it's been two fingers up to the usual lot from this team and showing the real England. 

Whatever happens today I think Gareth and the squad should take massive pride in what they've done to a country as a whole. A proper bringing together this has been, hopefully, history will show it as victory as well.