Match 50: England vs Denmark - 8pm (bst) ITV1 LIVE FROM WEMBLEY !!!!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Unknown Hacker said:

You mean the questionable red for Laurent Blanc? The Frenchman?

REFEREE ALWAYS FAVOUR HOME TEAMS!!!

Not sure how the referee hurt Croatia, but maybe he should have sent Thuram off for playing like a striker.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Marc Albrighton said:

Tbf to EUH he usually just posts all game about anything negative for England and usually Kane and then has the decency to make himself scarce if we come out on top.

I hate Kane but I mean there’s plenty of my criticism to go around. I’d say Rice gets the brunt of it more than others :D

Most of my clients are English so I’m just hoping they’re too hungover to bother me tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

That was so easy for them nobody remembers Platini or anything

9 goals in 5 matches is mad :D

5 minutes ago, Marc Albrighton said:

Tbf to EUH he usually just posts all game about anything negative for England and usually Kane and then has the decency to make himself scarce if we come out on top.

Or any other team apart from the one with a bird on the crest tbf. Like all season long. Can't tell if it's an act.

1 minute ago, georginho_juventusygr said:

Looking at the replay, yeah, I think you could argue for a dive. But Sterling's knee was also hit. It's one of those penalty moments where you're angry it shouldn't be given, but where you also understand why it can be given.

Denmark were just too passive after Damsgaard scored. They should have brought the game to England's half.

Their manager made a huge mistake making that triple substitution. Taking Dolberg and Darmsgaard out felt like a bad idea. Should have used Cornelius instead of Poulsen as well, in retrospect obviously. Losing two key players to injury while everyone else looked deflated didn't help either. But they held their ground. 

The PK was non-existent. The only contact you see happened after Sterling was on his way down already, otherwise refs wouldn't have anything else to do but give penalties every 10 minutes. The ref was also bizarre handing out cards, so out of place. Wass got one for no reason, while Poulsen was pulling a shirt and barely got a warning. First couple of minutes had 3 incidents with yellow card incidents for England players that were never given, including an elbowing, which I thought was a bad omen for what would follow. But gladly the game didn't go rough after all that. 

3 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

I hate Kane but I mean there’s plenty of my criticism to go around. I’d say Rice gets the brunt of it more than others :D

Most of my clients are English so I’m just hoping they’re too hungover to bother me tomorrow.

I'm not sure about that one, Kane has gotten pelters from you for years both domestically and internationally. He's definitely you're most hated player surely.

53 minutes ago, aggressive minor said:

Kane and Sterling were immense 

Yeah superb. Loved the back four too.

A front three of Kane, Sterling and Saka has lovely balance about it. Just need to find a way to get the #10 play a bit higher

2 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Not trolling there, he’s a good player that’s been elevated above how good he actually is by Utd fans.

”Bruno was poor today but... he scored a penalty” is mentioned after every game he plays.

FTFY.

The Sterling penalty is not getting argued about if it went against England. If it was Maguire on Poulsen the same people crying in this thread wouldn't mention it at all.

The penalty is soft but lets not pretend that doesnt get given most weeks in the Premier League. If the ref gives nothing for it, VAR doesn't overturn it. 

Edited by ajw10

8 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

I hate his diving. Not one of the Liverpool fans who's hated him for/since leaving.

Same. Genuinely couldn't care less about the latter. That's just not a thing in my world, unless the player talks shhh on his former club/team or goes to the biggest rival (after being with the club/team for a while). 

1 minute ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Or people just remember the negative posts more. 

Yeah I remember Tiganas funny tiktok Video from their dressing room celebrations he posted on Twitter afterwards... good old times

13 minutes ago, Carambau said:

What happened?

The unthinkable. England wasn't supposed to be in a final ever again. We're in Gibbs' paradox. We're in a self-defeating two-dimensional continuum. We can no longer justify our own existence. It's causing the expected melt-downs, and Gunman has gone on a surrealist ramble.

Edited by The Amazing Dale Watkins

6 minutes ago, ajw10 said:

The Sterling penalty is not getting argued about if it went against England. If it was Maguire on Poulsen the same people crying in this thread wouldn't mention it at all.

You could just imagine Walker making the foul and the same people would be in here talking about how stupid Walker is for attempting a tackle.

1 minute ago, ajw10 said:

I think it would be by England fans tbh. Some of the reaction to the Denmark free kick that they score from - which was more of a free kick than the penalty was a penalty - was hilarious. Go back and read it. Imagine that for a Denmark penalty in extra time that they win from - would be gunman's meltdown x10000 

Just now, Smallen said:

You could just imagine Walker making the foul and the same people would be in here talking about stupid how Walker is for attempting a tackle.

You can literally hear Gunman now "lol Walker, classic brainless bottler, this is why England will get nowhere with players like him"

Just now, Astafjevs said:

I think it would be by England fans tbh. Some of the reaction to the Denmark free kick that they score from - which was more of a free kick than the penalty was a penalty - was hilarious. Go back and read it. Imagine that for a Denmark penalty in extra time that they win from - would be gunman's meltdown x10000 

Yeah it would be by England fans. It's the sort of pen that I'd be annoyed to concede, but also understand that this happens all the time.

The difference is, I'd imagine the England fans in this thread know they'd be hypocrites in this situation, whereas the ones moaning about it like it's the worst decision ever cannot admit this.

1 minute ago, Smallen said:

You could just imagine Walker making the foul and the same people would be in here talking about stupid how Walker is for attempting a tackle.

It can be both, you shouldn't dive in and no foul is committed. Mainly because it only needs the attacking player to move slightly and genuinely earn a foul.

4 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

You can literally hear Gunman now "lol Walker, classic brainless bottler, this is why England will get nowhere with players like him"

Are you doing it with the proper accent? :brock:

As I said, I missed the first half tonight.

Second half Denmark was ran off the pitch more or less, few good counter-attacks, but that's it.

England should've won comfortably.

Southgate should've brought Foden and Henderson (if he's healthy enough) earlier.

Minutes before the goal, Denmark looked done. As if it's just a matter of minute when they concede and then it's probably ending 4-1 or something.

But then that disgraceful dive happened and ruined the game.

Btw, as for two balls, just look at this.

Second ball right next to Sterling when he's making the run.

How is that not an obvious stop of play for either linesman or main ref?

They weren't up to the occasion and got scared.

Denmark player should've kicked the second ball in the box and play would've been stopped. :lol:

Edited by GunmaN1905

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Second half Denmark was ran off the pitch more or less, few good counter-attacks, but that's it.

Southgate should've brought Foden and Henderson (if he's healthy enough) earlier.

Minutes before the goal, Denmark looked done. As if it's just a matter of minute when they concede and then it's probably ending 4-1 or something.

You can say exactly the same about the game italy vs australia 2006...

2 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Oh my gerd that ball 20ft away from the Danes must have really confused them.

I think we can beat the Italians, sure we might have conceded due to a freekick Pickford should have saved but it'll be tight like tonight, two equally good teams but we're though that's all that matters, one big hurdle we've jumped over

It was a free kick for the Danish goal.

The pen was very cheap but not completely wrong so not overturning it was the right choice.

The Kane one was a tangle of legs.

England are in the final of a major tournament.

Just now, sc91 said:

Oh my gerd that ball 20ft away from the Danes must have really confused them.

Look at the video, it's like a meter away from the ball in play as Sterling is getting in the box.

That's not on England, Denmark, UEFA or anyone, but both main ref and the linesman. Obvious call.

Edited by GunmaN1905

3 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Not trolling there, he’s a good player that’s been elevated above how good he actually is by Utd fans.

”Bruno was poor today but...” is mentioned after every game he plays.

I mean, either you're wrong about Bruno, wrong about the rest of our team, wrong about our manager or everyone else is ****ing terrible :lol:

Sorry I can't be arsed reading the thread to see how much this has been discussed and I'm obviously not too upset and I'm sure I'll be over it and happy in the morning, but god it does feel like we cheated our way to that a bit.