Match 50: England vs Denmark - 8pm (bst) ITV1 LIVE FROM WEMBLEY !!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Then they won a WC in '98 at home.

Questionable red for Croatia in semi-final and then Ronaldo mysteriously almost dies before the final.

Similar to this, tbh.

Italians should be careful about what they eat.

Haha, imagine Lasagnegate 2.0 :lol:

Questionable red for Croatia in semi-final and then Ronaldo mysteriously almost dies before the final.

Similar to this, tbh.

This gets better with every new post. Go on, I got the popcorn out :D

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

Are you sure that wasn't a questionable red for France after Slaven Bilic got Laurent Blanc sent off?

Similar to this, tbh.

Omfg this is amazing, you've well and truly jumped off the deep end

6 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

As qwertygod said, English media is always trying to present EPL as men's league, with hard, but fair tackles and proper football with no diving. While Italian and Spanish league are for cheaters and divers.

Again is this just something you feel or is there actual evidence? You just seem to be saying stuff and generalising as if its 100% fact. There is also no need to get into VAR, its universally hated so theres no debate there.

2 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Might as well be one because no one is going to work on Monday

Literally this. :D.

My brother lives in the Midlands, going to watch it with him, am I hell getting back to Essex on time for work on Monday.

1 minute ago, SouthCoastRed said:

Gunman might be carrying this thread to the HOF almost single handedly

Since famous British banter failed, I had to take action.

Sunday is going to be either the last nail in the coffin for me or it goes the other way around. :lol:

6 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

That galvanized them to play tighter.

So the referee sent off a French player to galvanise them to play tighter as part of a conspiracy to get the bigger team through?

Edited by Pukey

3 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Similar to this, tbh.

Absolute weapon.

30 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Which paper is going to use "The Italian Job" headline first?

image.thumb.png.60f8c53afdc5d5231ba055aef23bfcbd.png

25 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Thought the Danes were phenomenal. Amazing considering the start they had, huge applause for them. Team of the tournament for me. 

Gunman, literally the typical modern football fan despite decrying everything about it. Pull yourself together FFS. That crying german kid had more dignity 

It's more childish than modern football fan imo.

Sterling talking about legs not bodychecks in his interview. I don't think it should be a pen when the player goes down first but Denmark had nothing after 70 minutes or so, none of their forward passes were sticking and they were always losing individual battles. Whereas in the first half they were putting 4 move passes together and getting to all the 50/50s, Hojbjerg was my man of the match.

I thought both teams could have made more of their attacks, Danes didn't spot the right ball and England just didn't bother getting enough players forward for their low balls across. Why were Danes running into Kane, they should know that's how he wins easy free kicks.

That Kane penalty claim was clearly a foul by him, there is no argument unless you're trolling.

1 minute ago, Haguey said:

Someone start a poll thread to choose our best bitter.

John Smiths

Gunman

Boddingtons

Yuko

Stones

EUH

That other guy

:cool:

That was a bigger disappearing act than my bowels over the past 2 hours.

Just now, Haguey said:

John Smiths

Gunman

Boddingtons

Yuko

Stones

EUH

That other guy

Tbf to EUH he usually just posts all game about anything negative for England and usually Kane and then has the decency to make himself scarce if we come out on top.

John Smiths

Gunman

Boddingtons

Yuko

Stones

EUH

That other guy

Gunman has run away with it tonight. A true GOAT performance.

1 minute ago, Marc Albrighton said:

Again is this just something you feel or is there actual evidence? You just seem to be saying stuff and generalising as if its 100% fact. There is also no need to get into VAR, its universally hated so theres no debate there.

To be fair, I have this impression as well. Clichés about English playing hard but fair, don't like diving. But those notions belong in the days of 'kick 'n rush'. They died together with that type of football. English players are like all other players, end of. 
The other one is of course 'the best league in the world'. The richest league in the world is simply a better term for it. 
You all will only half believe it, but the English being the most arrogant fans in the world is absolutely something that basically everyone elsewhere believe to be true. Not without some cause.

Just wait for the final. :brock:

Btw, why does EUH hate England? He's a Liverpool fan.

Is he not English? I missed that.

EUH is Irish isn't he? Also some Liverpool fans have this weird Scouse not English thing going on, only when it suits them like.

TBF EUH likes Sterling.

Edited by Bootador

John Smiths

Gunman

Boddingtons

Yuko

Stones

EUH

That other guy

Why would I be bitter? 

Both England and Denmark had the same finals appearances in big tournaments as my country so I have no horse here :D 

Looking at the replay, yeah, I think you could argue for a dive. But Sterling's knee was also hit. It's one of those penalty moments where you're angry it shouldn't be given, but where you also understand why it can be given.

Denmark were just too passive after Damsgaard scored. They should have brought the game to England's half.

1 minute ago, Yuko said:

Why would I be bitter? 

Both England and Denmark had the same finals appearances in big tournaments as my country so I have no horse here :D 

Ha, that's fair :D

Sunday to go 2-1 up then ;)