Match 50: England vs Denmark - 8pm (bst) ITV1 LIVE FROM WEMBLEY !!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minuto fa, craigcwwe ha scritto:

How great was it to see in the last few minutes of the game our players coming knocking the ball around?!

No panicking and hanging on. Nope. Cool, calm and composed. :thup:

Yeah. Have you also played Spain lately?

3 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

How great was it to see in the last few minutes of the game our players coming knocking the ball around?!

No panicking and hanging on. Nope. Cool, calm and composed. :thup:

Denmark didn't even press to get it back when they had to score, they were completely spent by that point (as was obvious from 70 minutes tbh)

Also I don't really blame Pickford. That was a really well struck free kick with much more power than usual from that range. Other keepers probably make a GREAT SAVE but it wasn't an obvious mistake compared to his Karius attempt earlier.

Edited by The_jagster

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

England Italy feels like a final where either side are capable of finishing off the other within the first 20 minutes. Going to absolutely savour it, and also hate every second of it

Savour it. Tonight was the big one in terms of getting over the hurdle.

I obviously want England to win, but making a final is huge and Italy are an excellent side. 

What in gods name has happened here then? Go pub for a few hours and the forums turned upside down, that said, its bloody done now no point going on about ifs and buts.

Not a huge England fan and have questioned Southgate and fair few players but blimey he's changing my tune, can only imagine what some of you die hard fans are feeling rn, one more step!! 

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

England Italy feels like a final where either side are capable of finishing off the other within the first 20 minutes. Going to absolutely savour it, and also hate every second of it

It's going to be such a good game. 

23 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Not trolling there, he’s a good player that’s been elevated above how good he actually is by Utd fans.

”Bruno was poor today but...” is mentioned after every game he plays.

Usually "Bruno was poor today but he scored and assisted two" which is a take. 

4 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

I've created a monster here haven't i :D I've got a few ideas about stuff to put it in. Will have to be good, might be one of the most read match threads ever on these forums...

Nerves already jangling about the match thread? It's a career definer this one. 

14 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Was wondering when this would show up. I was puzzled at this, thinking it was some sort of balloon. 

Rule says the play must be stopped if the ball interferes with the play. Pretty arbitrary, but I'd think if the game ball and the outsider ball are within a foot of each other, you'd assume that it's some kind of interference, no? :P

Such a shambolic situation that went through VAR as well. Second ball, blatant dive for a PK... If this was a group game no one would care, but this pretty much was the deciding situation of a finalist. Ruined an almost perfect, sporting wise, Euro thus far.

2 minutes ago, The_jagster said:

Denmark didn't even press, they were completely spent by that point (as was obvious from 70 minutes tbh)

Also I don't really blame Pickford. That was a really well struck free kick with much more power than usual from that range. Other keepers probably make a GREAT SAVE but it wasn't an obvious mistake compared to his Karius attempt earlier.

If anything, I think the goal might have been the best thing that could have happened to him. He looked a disaster waiting to happen with some of his early distribution. It's easy to say he should have done better on the FK, from a TV vantage point, but could see the late wall movement throwing him off just enough. He made a couple nice saves after that. One was flagged for offside, but not convinced that was actually the case had it ended up in the back of the net. England still won and now that cleansheet talking point is out of the equation. It also kinda seemed to wake England up. They were not the better side up until that point. 

I'm saying this now with a bit of adrenaline but honestly feel like Sunday is a free hit, the fact we're even there is amazing for me and doubted I'd ever see the day. Obviously want to win it but won't be devastated if we don't. I fully expect this to change by kick off though :D

10 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

I've created a monster here haven't i :D I've got a few ideas about stuff to put it in. Will have to be good, might be one of the most read match threads ever on these forums...

Defo think you need to do a piece on famous dives from both nations

1 minute ago, Yuko said:

Was wondering when this would show up. I was puzzled at this, thinking it was some sort of balloon. 

Rule says the play must be stopped if the ball interferes with the play. Pretty arbitrary, but I'd think if the game ball and the outsider ball are within a foot of each other, you'd assume that it's some kind of interference, no? :P

Such a shambolic situation that went through VAR as well. Second ball, blatant dive for a PK... If this was a group game no one would care, but this pretty much was the deciding situation of a finalist. Ruined an almost perfect, sporting wise, Euro thus far.

What a load of BS. Not even the Danes noticed that there was a 2nd Ball in the pitch. So much for "interfering with the play"...

4 minutes ago, InigoPatinkin said:

Usually "Bruno was poor today but he scored and assisted two" which is a take. 

IDK. I'd say Bruno tends to be one of those players that has great games and awful ones. Very few in between. 

The screaming and acting like he's been shot all the damn time is what makes him so unlikable. 

1 minute ago, Haguey said:

I'm saying this now with a bit of adrenaline but honestly feel like Sunday is a free hit, the fact we're even there is amazing for me and doubted I'd ever see the day. Obviously want to win it but won't be devastated if we don't. I fully expect this to change by kick off though :D

I currently feel really relaxed, whereas during the Ukraine game I was already dreading the Denmark match

2 minutes ago, Carambau said:

What a load of BS. Not even the Danes noticed that there was a 2nd Ball in the pitch. So much for "interfering with the play"...

Just because one of them didn't run over and kick it out of play in the middle of an English attack doesn't mean they didn't notice it. Also doesn't mean it didn't impact play. The game should have been slowed or stopped (long before it got to that point) for it to be kicked out. Poor officiating, whether it actually impacted the play or not. 

9 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

At least I can start drinking at 8am on Sunday and maybe I come up smiling Monday morning. 

Tune in Sunday afternoon for another episode of SCR predicts the Euros 

We’re 100% so far baby

2 minutes ago, Haguey said:

This attitude is utterly perplexing to me. How is getting to a final more important than winning it? Why do so many English fans insist the big hurt is not getting there for fifty years rather than not winning anything? Trust me, a lost final absolutely sucks, and it's nothing that's ever a cherished memory.

Just now, Bootador said:

Only by default after all countries boycott the competition in protest at bias refereeing.

Sterling is the only player to have ever dived and is definitely only hated by Liverpool fans because of this fact. (No Liverpool player has ever dived)

Just now, The Amazing Dale Watkins said:

This attitude is utterly perplexing to me. How is getting to a final more important than winning it? Why do so many English fans insist the big hurt is not getting there for fifty years rather than not winning anything? Trust me, a lost final absolutely sucks, and it's nothing that's ever a cherished memory.

Better to lose in the semi-final than a final, tbh.

Just now, The Amazing Dale Watkins said:

Because our hurt is by losing semi finals, rather than losing finals.

2 minutes ago, XuluBak said:

IDK. I'd say Bruno tends to be one of those players that has great games and awful ones. Very few in between. 

He has loads of games in between, he gets lambasted on here loads for missing a few passes when he assisted the winning goal and score the equaliser. I've never seen a player so obviously and consistently productive get constantly underrated because he passes erratically a couple of times a match. 

We had a guy who rated him every game last season in the United thread and came out with an average match rating of below 6, in a season where he scored 28 goals and 18 assists.