Match 50: England vs Denmark - 8pm (bst) ITV1 LIVE FROM WEMBLEY !!!!!!!!!!

Let’s not forget Denmark semi final goal against the Czechs from a corner that never was. Somehow that stands because VAR isn’t allowed to review the award of the corner even though before it’s even taken everyone knows it’s wrong.

Didn’t hear anybody moaning then.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Rob1981 said:

Let’s not forget Denmark semi final goal against the Czechs from a corner that never was. Somehow that stands because VAR isn’t allowed to review the award of the corner even though before it’s even taken everyone knows it’s wrong.

Big difference between a penalty and a corner, 75% chance of a goal vs 3%

1 minute ago, Butts said:

Knee in the side of the leg, the Kane one was a penalty too fwiw.

There's a second contact on his hip from the other side too. It's not *masses* of contact, but it's more than enough to stop him getting to the ball and cutting it back.  Definite pen for me.  He's not going to ground already either - people lean forward when they run, he doesn't start actually going over until after the contact on his hip.

3 minutes ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

I missed the game last night, but did Sam Matterface actually say something along the lines of "after the year we've had, England deserve this"? Surely that's social media bs!?

In fairness the government did try and kill off everyone over 70 for a while.

1 minute ago, The_jagster said:

No, it wasn't about England deserving it over other nations but that the people in the ground could be forgiven for not adhering to distancing rules in the ground, unless there was another instance I'm getting mixed up with.

Cheers. I've learned to ask around before believing these things :D. 

The pen incident was one of those that was never going to get turned over, whether it was given or not. Same as the Kane appeal, thought there was a case there also. 

There's definitely contact on Sterling, but only he will know how much it affected him. 

1 minute ago, bigdunk said:

There's a second contact on his hip from the other side too. It's not *masses* of contact, but it's more than enough to stop him getting to the ball and cutting it back.  Definite pen for me.  He's not going to ground already either - people lean forward when they run, he doesn't start actually going over until after the contact on his hip.

Not sure people have seen Sterling run before :D

3 minutes ago, Pukey said:

"Already going down" is pretty meaningless. I don't think it's a penalty, but I genuinely don't understand why people are acting like it's a travesty VAR doesn't overturn it

What? "Already going down" means that the player wasn't being impeded because he's manufacturing or hoping for contact.

When people earlier in the tournament were asking why Damsgaard dived in the age of VAR, this is why, you hope for contact because you are expecting the defender to dangle a leg and you gamble it pays off.

I still think as a defender you shouldn't try to win it from behind like that, the risk isn't worth it.

Edited by The_jagster

2 minutes ago, bigdunk said:

Not sure that small amount of contact with the side on a player looking for contact is enough to warrant a penalty, but I thought that about the apparently uncontroversial Doku pen too. Easy enough to see how VAR doesn't deem that an error

8 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Because it was a corner. I don't even know if anyone realised it at the time, but the ball brushed the defender's hand, as slomo footage, way after the match showed. If it was a mistake by the lino (which it wasn't, in far hindsight), then one that turned out right. 

11 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

1 minute ago, DJ said:

Because it was a corner. I don't even know if anyone realised it at the time, but the ball brushed the defender's hand, as slomo footage, way after the match showed. If it was a mistake by the lino (which it wasn't, in far hindsight), then one that turned out right. 

Yeah it came off the players hand 

4 minuti fa, Barry Cartman ha scritto:

I'm sure they have also written well reasoned articles as to why the Denamrk free kick should have been disallowed as well...

Yes. Even the coin toss was made in a shady way. Need to investigate.

I wonder what if that same penalty would have been given to Immobile..... :D

14 minutes ago, The_jagster said:

No, it wasn't about England deserving it over other nations but that the people in the ground could be forgiven for not adhering to distancing rules in the ground, unless there was another instance I'm getting mixed up with.

Don’t think it was just about people in the ground, was about the whole nation.

But yeah, didn’t seem to be saying England deserved it over anyone else.

21 minutes ago, bigdunk said:

I was in the no pen camp until i saw this video - didn't see this angle and how much it was a hip check last night (as opposed to just contact), they seemed to be concentrating on if his leg was clipped. i think the hip check is probably enough - certainly enough to not over turn it. 

i did think Raheem saying 'i was touched' when asked if it was a pen was a pretty funny though. its a contact sport my dude. 

Edited by Rafalution

27 minutes ago, DJ said:

Using stills to prove anything is so yesteryear :D 

Anyway, even this pic shows Sterling is already going to the ground. No pen. 

he takes two more steps after this pic? i dont think it shows him going to ground

The futility of arguing still :D

Check your recordings of the match. 

It was given, therefore it was a penalty, it is a penalty and it always will be a penalty.

Theres no amount of salt or outrage changing that. 

What I find amusing is the same people screaming cheat are probably the same people that laughed at The Hand Of God, because that was ok, cos it was England suffering and therefore funny.

Kiss my fat arse, you bunch of bitter haters, we're in the final Sunday like it, or lump it

Good thing I went to sleep right after the game ended. Might have made a mockery of myself at the time as I was unhappy about the pen. :D

Looking back, I think it looks about as much of a foul as the one before Damsgaard's goal and even if that penalty wasn't awarded, I think England would have scored anyway.

I hope we get a fitting final for what has been an unforgettable tournament.

Just now, SouthCoastRed said:

What I find amusing is the same people screaming cheat are probably the same people that laughed at The Hand Of God, because that was ok, cos it was England suffering and therefore funny

How many in this thread do you think were alive or were old enough to have watched that at the time? :D 

Try Lampard's non goal instead 

18 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

I'm sure they have also written well reasoned articles as to why the Denamrk free kick should have been disallowed as well...

The entire point most people are trying to argue is about VAR.

There are no reviews for fouls outside the box. Kane got at least 2 non-existant fouls while holding up the ball, too.
One of them was before Maguire's header. Happens, players cheat.

But there's absolutely no reason for this to stand with VAR.

2 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

Tweets like this are the problem, they just make people hate English fans even more.

As we've talked last night, English media and EPL fans are always trying to promote EPL as the most physical league where refs don't blow their whistle easily. Hard, but fair tackles and great sportsmaship.

Because of that, there's not a single valid excuse for English fans to argue this is a penalty.

It's not your fault it was given. Just bloody say it's a questionable refereeing decision, not even a blatant mistake, it happens and move on.
Instead the media will try to justify this dive.

Same goes for Sterling. If he said that there was contact but it was ultimately ref's decision, noone would say a word.
But he has the audacity to say it was a clear penalty, disgusting diver.

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

There are no reviews for fouls outside the box. Kane got at least 2 non-existant fouls while holding up the ball, too.

VAR shouldn't have allowed the Denmark free kick to stand, it was nothing to do with a foul, they had players within 1 metre of the England wall, they were even blocking Pickford's view doing it  

3 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Tweets like this are the problem, they just make people hate English fans even more.

As we've talked last night, English media and EPL fans are always trying to promote EPL as the most physical league where refs don't blow their whistle easily. Hard, but fair tackles and great sportsmaship.

Because of that, there's not a single valid excuse for English fans to argue this is a penalty.

It's not your fault it was given. Just bloody say it's a questionable refereeing decision, not even a blatant mistake, it happens and move on.

Same goes for Sterling. If he said that there was contact but it was ultimately ref's decision, noone would say a word.

The gall of you telling anyone to move one after the state of your meltdown last night. 

Also EPL fans don't promote the league as that, because there are very few things fans agree on, ever. You've just made this up to have something to complain about. 

Only real downside to last night was Matty Jensen going off injured at HT of extra time. Some fear he might have a broken foot, if so I'll be gutted for him, and us as it will really hurt our start to the season if he's missing :( 

3 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

How many in this thread do you think were alive or were old enough to have watched that at the time? :D 

Try Lampard's non goal instead 

Fair point. Bloody kids :D

1 minute ago, Barry Cartman said:

VAR shouldn't have allowed the Denmark free kick to stand

The problem is that nothing except for violent acts, potential red cards and penalties can get reviewed.

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

The gall of you telling anyone to move one after the state of your meltdown last night

This isn't about me, it's about English fans always talking about Italian, Spanish, South American etc divers and acting as if EPL and Enligsh players are any different.

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

The problem is that nothing except for violent acts, potential red cards and penalties can get reviewed.

This isn't about me, it's about English fans always talking about Italian, Spanish, South American etc divers and acting as if EPL and Enligsh players are any different.

I mean this is a straight out lie, because there are loads of complaints about diving in the league

6 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Kevin Doyle is not English.

2 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

VAR shouldn't have allowed the Denmark free kick to stand, it was nothing to do with a foul, they had players within 1 metre of the England wall, they were even blocking Pickford's view doing it  

They're a yard in front of the wall aren't they?

I've had a mate going on to me about that and I don't see what the problem is.

I swear people saying they don't see contact on that video Kevin Doyle posted are so blinded by their argument that they're not actually watching.

I was adamant it was a dive before. I still think he played for it, of course he did. But he is clearly touched. And the way VAR has gone in this tournament, there's no way they would ever over-rule that.

And England fans have been told by continental fans that playing for fouls is "clever" for years and as soon as we start doing it we get abuse for it. Tough **** guys. It was clever by Sterling to play for the contact, he got it and won the penalty. Perhaps if Denmark had got anywhere near our penalty area they could have done similar.

Edited by Mr Adam

5 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

This is rubbish mate. Find me somebody on this forum who thinks English players don't dive and cheat. 

6 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

https://www.uefa.com/returntoplay/news/026a-12709695f2b6-d9057c552f37-1000--euro-var-team-at-uefa-hq/

The objective is that the VARs should only intervene when a referee makes a clear and obvious mistake, or in cases of serious missed incidents. Referees remain the centre of the decision-making process, but the role of the VARs is seen as essential in preventing errors that could have an important impact on a match.

not sure how any can argue the referee missing the Denmark players from the free kick, leading to a goal, isn't any of the above 

2 minutes ago, Mr Adam said:

I swear people saying they don't see contact on that video Kevin Doyle posted are so blinded by their argument that they're not actually watching.

So...every contact in the box is a penalty is what you're saying?

There was contact, but it's obvious Sterling started going down before it happened. And it was the slighest possible contact.

Just now, Barry Cartman said:

https://www.uefa.com/returntoplay/news/026a-12709695f2b6-d9057c552f37-1000--euro-var-team-at-uefa-hq/

not sure how any can argue the referee missing the Denmark players from the free kick, leading to a goal, isn't any of the above 

I know it doesn't make sense, but that's how it is.

Fouls outside the box don't get checked.

Edited by GunmaN1905

8 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Just shut up, petulant child. Its not funny anymore.

11 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

But....the tweets from and Irish man not English.....so why does it make people hate the English more when the enemy of England supports the award??? 

You are making so many arguments with badly flawed logic that makes you look like a complete fool

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

So...every contact in the box is a penalty is what you're saying?

There was contact, but it's obvious Sterling started going down before it happened. And it was the slighest possible contact.

There was enough contact for it to be a penalty, and definitely enough for it to not be a "clear and obvious error". Especially when the VAR guy had UEFA execs in his ears yelling "make sure England get to the final as we need to maintain the status quo of the bigger sides" (despite England last winning an international tournament 55 years ago and Denmark 29 years ago)