Match 10: Spain vs Sweden - 8pm (BST) BBC1 live from Seville

Coulthard's Jaw

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Baptista_8 said:

While Traore isn't great in this situation he's still worth putting on. A one-on-one VS the left back, no matter how deep he is, he's likely to beat him and create danger.

If there's one thing the players on the pitch don't lack it's the ability to get the ball into the final third and then waste it with bad execution or a bad decision...

I can see Spain going out!

If they finish like tonight, Poland have Lewandowski who will not mess up the chances Sweden messed up tonight and tonight proved Spain can be got at.
Then Slovakia get something from the Sweden game and Spain are in deep trouble.

Spain somehow managed to repeat exactly what they did against us Portugal in the penultimate friendly - hold the ball all day, create industrial shittons of chances, and waste everything. 

This is starting to look like a pattern. 

Sweden came to Seville with a clear gameplan, and fair play to them - it's worked brilliantly. It's no accident that they've conceded so few goals in their recent matches.

Spain very wasteful again. I can't see them going very far in this tournament.

5 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

If there's one thing the players on the pitch don't lack it's the ability to get the ball into the final third and then waste it with bad execution or a bad decision...

I mean, traore against tired legs where he actually has the time to think is when hes at his best. He should have come on as that final sub in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Spain somehow managed to repeat exactly what they did against us Portugal in the penultimate friendly - hold the ball all day, create industrial shittons of chances, and waste everything. 

This is starting to look like a pattern. 

Very similar, but I can see them growing into this tournament nicely. The worry would be if they weren't creating chances.

Just now, Tikka Mezzala said:

I wouldn't read too much into Spain's performance tonight. Judge them in the coming games. There can be some overreactions to these first matches. 

If even only one of those many chances go in, no one would be doubting them nearly as much as people do now. Result-journalism. 

They looked slow at times but they still created loads of chances. Second half was worse but even then they created enough to win it. If they win that 3-0, which they could easily have done, people would be talking about a great performance. Not sure how they'll be against better opposition but I'll be amazed if they don't cruise through Poland and Slovakia.

2 minutes ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

I wouldn't read too much into Spain's performance tonight. Judge them in the coming games. There can be some overreactions to these first matches. 

Reminder as well that they lost to Switzerland in their first game in 2010 with a far worse performance than this. 

1 minute ago, Pukey said:

They looked slow at times but they still created loads of chances. Second half was worse but even then they created enough to win it. If they win that 3-0, which they could easily have done, people would be talking about a great performance. Not sure how they'll be against better opposition but I'll be amazed if they don't cruise through Poland and Slovakia.

But they didn't, and gave away two golden chances and were also lucky not to lose.

All points to It Coming Home even more imo.

1 minute ago, Pukey said:

Reminder as well that they lost to Switzerland in their first game in 2010 with a far worse performance than this. 

Yep. Bossed it against Chile in the second game and never looked back.

2 minutes ago, Haguey said:

But they didn't, and gave away two golden chances and were also lucky not to lose.

All points to It Coming Home even more imo.

Oh of course, they were definitely fortunate to not concede but overall if they won it would be seen as deserved and I certainly wouldn't be panicking if I were Spanish.

4 minutes ago, Baptista_8 said:

Yep. Bossed it against Chile in the second game and never looked back.

Played Honduras second game then Chile last but yeah, point still stands. They didn't panic at all, trusted themselves, and the rest is history. They're not as good now of course but nothing about tonight should make them panic.

Are they good enough to win each game 1-0 though like in 2010? Don't think their defence is and I'm not sure who's gonna get them the goals they need.  Are you confident in anyone in that side grabbing 4/5 goals on way to a final? Which you'd think they would need

2 minutes ago, skybluedave said:

Are they good enough to win each game 1-0 though like in 2010? Don't think their defence is and I'm not sure who's gonna get them the goals they need.  Are you confident in anyone in that side grabbing 4/5 goals on way to a final? Which you'd think they would need

Nah I don't think they'll get massively close to winning it, said they're not as good as they were, just think there wasn't anything about tonight that should be a major cause for concern that's all.