Match 10: Spain vs Sweden - 8pm (BST) BBC1 live from Seville

Coulthard's Jaw

27 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Sweden came to Seville with a clear gameplan, and fair play to them - it's worked brilliantly. It's no accident that they've conceded so few goals in their recent matches.

Spain very wasteful again. I can't see them going very far in this tournament.

The clear game plan was blatantly wasting time starting in the first half and banking on Morata and Moreno missing sitters?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought this was a good game, both teams had some really good chances and both should've scored. A draw is the fair result imo. Spain should still get through the group.

Terrible miss from Morata in the first half, can't say I expected him to put it away. If Spain make it to the KOs I think Moreno takes over as the no.9.

Edited by craigcwwe

10 hours ago, The Amazing Dale Watkins said:

The clear game plan was blatantly wasting time starting in the first half and banking on Morata and Moreno missing sitters?

I mean if there is a banker, it's that Morata will miss sitters.

39 minutes ago, oche balboa said:

Spain lack a striker dont they

I mean they had a player on the bench who scored 30 goals for Villarreal last season, could have been a different story had he started ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

17 minutes ago, Hazzaj said:

bit unfair to him, the header was a presentable chance but both of Morata's were much easier.

The worst thing, is those chances were the other way around, Morata would have scored both and Moreno would have had a hat trick 

4 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

I mean, he only called up 24 players in a 26 man squad, and left some talented players out 

And? Some people prefer a tighter group of players to work with. Mourinho and Luis Enrique for two. Of course talented players have been left out, it's Spain ffs. He probably thinks why select an additional two players for the sake of it if I'm going to give them 0 minutes?

2 hours ago, Baptista_8 said:

And? Some people prefer a tighter group of players to work with. Mourinho and Luis Enrique for two. Of course talented players have been left out, it's Spain ffs. He probably thinks why select an additional two players for the sake of it if I'm going to give them 0 minutes?

It's a big tournament, even just being there to soak in the atmosphere, see what a tourney is like, how matches go blah blah blah would be a worthy experience(especially for those who never been before)

Especially prepares those young 'uns for future tournaments

Quite a waste to not fill your slots and pretty short sighted imo

4 minutes ago, VamPook said:

It's a big tournament, even just being there to soak in the atmosphere, see what a tourney is like, how matches go blah blah blah would be a worthy experience(especially for those who never been before)

Especially prepares those young 'uns for future tournaments

Quite a waste to not fill your slots and pretty short sighted imo

I can see both sides to it but I'm sure Enrique has some good reasoning as to why he's chosen to do it.