Match 1: Turkey v Italy. 11/6/21 8pm (BST) live from Rome

Coulthard's Jaw

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Probably, but I think Italy would wipe the floor with them (and Switzerland) if they play like this again.

Turkey haven't been good, but too many people are overlooking how intense Italy have been.

Not from what ive seen, most people seem to agree Italy have been excellent but can also see that Turkey have been dreadful and not just because Italy have made them look dreadful either, their tactics, shape and general interest has been non existent.

1 minute ago, Marc Albrighton said:

Not from what ive seen, most people seem to agree Italy have been excellent but can also see that Turkey have been dreadful and not just because Italy have made them look dreadful either, their tactics, shape and general interest has been non existent.

Turkey have been awful yeah. I'd say it's probably a wait and see for both sides tonight though. 

Italy excellent, Turkey awful. Let's see if Italy can do it against a better side, and let's see if Turkey can play better against a worse side.

Surely most of us have all played in games like this, whether it's 5s or 11s. When the opposition is just all over you pressing wise and you can't get anything going creativity wise. It starts to drain you mentally as well.

Agree we need to see both teams again though.

2 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Turkey have been awful yeah. I'd say it's probably a wait and see for both sides tonight though. 

Italy excellent, Turkey awful. Let's see if Italy can do it against a better side, and let's see if Turkey can play better against a worse side.

Yup that pretty much sums it up really.

1 minute ago, Baptista_8 said:

Surely most of us have all played in games like this, whether it's 5s or 11s. When the opposition is just all over you pressing wise and you can't get anything going creativity wise. It starts to drain you mentally as well.

Agree we need to see both teams again though.

My 5 a side teams have always just been **** tbf 

22 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Turkey haven't been good, but too many people are overlooking how intense Italy have been.

It's essentially the first meaningful home match, with fans, most of the Italian squad have played since before COVID. 

Edited by XuluBak

What a waste of Talent with Turkey, they are poorly coached and played without any confidence. How can a coach let his talented side play without any attacking intent?

If you don´t have any skillfull players i understand why you play like this, but this was the worst display i´ve seen from a coach with a talented side.

Turkey have a great generation and another one coming through the ranks right now, if they really want to take a next step anywhere they need a foreign coach with very different mindset!

Oh and i am portuguese just in case if you think i write this because i am from turkey 

Difference in the midfield was pretty telling, Jorginho was fantastic I thought and helped made sure there were almost no scraps for Turkey to feed on - have said before that Turkey thirve on playing on the counter but Italy were just too good at keeping the ball. At 1-0 down was clear too that Turkey didn't have a Plan B to try to chase the game, Wales and Switzerland should be licking their lips.