Football Manager 2017 Official Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

I use a 4-2-3-1 where a couple of players regularly float from MC (AP) to AMC (AP) with no loss of TF. Maybe something else you do with TI?

Let me show you, http://i.imgur.com/0AxAB0W.gifv 

I managed to lose a bit by moving a player up and down a position. But formation isnt changed? You imagine this is quite frustrating as I have had it 3 times during the season, and I didnt notice it the first two times. Thought it was because I move match prepration bar down to 0.5 days instead of the full 3 days. 

Yet if I move a player up a position( a formation I dont train) familiraty goes up???? http://i.imgur.com/xPAVzq5.gifv

I have no idea how, i always play 4-1-4-1 and trained this all pre season+some games. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Oh I see, that is weird. I have an issue on the same screen that when I place a different player in a position I have to click everything twice to get his role and duty set correctly - maybe the same bug. However, i put it down to the custom skin I use, not the game. Do you use a custom skin, and if so what happens if you change back to default skin?

9 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

^ Oh I see, that is weird. I have an issue on the same screen that when I place a different player in a position I have to click everything twice to get his role and duty set correctly - maybe the same bug. However, i put it down to the custom skin I use, not the game. Do you use a custom skin, and if so what happens if you change back to default skin?

No I use the normal FM DARK skin in game. 

1 hour ago, Carmi88 said:

I've yet to see a player miss a penalty and go on to score/not get crippled in match rating and be useless for the rest of the game.

Yes, I think this is problematical. Even Imbrahimovic - who, I think we'll agree, is not short of confidence and self-belief - will suffer a meltdown after missing a pen, but it seems to happen across the board.

• SI Staff
On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 19:03, kevgaleuk said:

Screenshot...

FM Example.jpg

Sorry I may have been unclear, by examples I meant a save that reproduces the issue. If you happen to have one please do upload it to our FTP.

Cheers.

• SI Staff
18 hours ago, WizbaII said:

Is it just my imagination or are refs now calling offsides for being in the gk's line of sight?

Offsides will indeed be called in this situation. If you have any examples that look incorrect however please do log them in our Match Engine Issues section.

• SI Staff
On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 15:39, doIT49 said:

Someone spoke about reputation of the clubs and transfers. Well, I have an example. I promoted with Leeds United in the 1st season and I tried to buy Jon Toral for free. He asked for a ridicolous wage. 3 mil per year with bonus and all of that. I offered him 1.8 mil/year but he rejected me instantly and after 3 days he signed with Middlesbrough from championship for 800k/year. How is this fair? I'm in the Premier League ffs.

Hey doIT49,

This sounds like it would be worth posting about in our bugs section. Please head over here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/512-football-manager-2017-bugs-forum/ - and open up a thread. If you have a save from before promotion is confirmed could you please also upload that to our FTP for investigation.

Cheers,
Seb.

I know press conferences are tedious and repetitive, but I've just been asked this question in January:

2uepc7o.png

What do I think my chances are now of staying up? Well, let me see...

9tcn0i.png

Top of the league, not lost a game all season. What do you think?

They should be asking how i've managed to turn relegation favourites in to a team that's dominating the league!

- I've noticed lately, that players that are from the same nations as me, gets offered to go on an extensive language course ....Why?!?

- I'm going to second, that when a staff member says a player isnt getting better training on a specific individual training regime, that we should change it, without offering anything better schedule.

These small bugs are very common within the game, and if SI staff or testers miss these things, something is very wrong. I see these bugs on a daily basis.
But I do NOT feel it is my job, to tell SI about it, as I will NOT get paid for helping them with their own game, and staff that does get paid have to get help from people that paid to play their game? LOL
Suggestion: Have FM come out every 2nd year instead of every year, so the game can be properly tried and tested, and bugs fixed.

1 hour ago, mcswifty said:

These small bugs are very common within the game, and if SI staff or testers miss these things, something is very wrong. I see these bugs on a daily basis.
But I do NOT feel it is my job, to tell SI about it, as I will NOT get paid for helping them with their own game, and staff that does get paid have to get help from people that paid to play their game? LOL
Suggestion: Have FM come out every 2nd year instead of every year, so the game can be properly tried and tested, and bugs fixed.

Your suggestion is never going to happen. For one thing, it would be studio suicide for SI to publish their only regular title every two years. For another, annual releases have served them well over the best part of 25 years, so why change now?

Also, your argument that a bi-annual release would allow more time to test the game and fix bugs is not a strong one. Virtually every piece of computer software - and especially a game as detailed as Football Manager - contains at least a few minor bugs. Even if you had an infinite amount of time, and an infinite number of testers, the game would not be 100% flawless upon completion, for 'fixing' one bug could inadvertently cause another.

As for it not being your job to tell SI about the bugs in their product... fair enough, but it won't help them improve the game. If you ever come across something that's not right, even if you feel that it is only a little bit off, the best thing to do would be to report it to SI - that way, they'd have more chance of identifying and fixing any issue than if you kept quiet.

I have never been paid to tell SI about any possible bugs, and I'm not obliged to do so, but I do it anyway. Why? Because I'm a loyal, long-time fan of the Football Manager series who wants the latest game to be as great as it can be. I - and many other customers - volunteer to help SI iron out SOME of the bugs, and although SI can't iron ALL of them out, we're still okay with that.

2 hours ago, mcswifty said:

Ha...there's a certain irony in someone criticising how terrible SI are, then following it up with an oft repeated, but genuinely terrible business decision.  Takes some doing.

I could go into why it's nonsense, but I doubt you'd listen.

Look.
I enjoy FM as much as the next person, and in some respect much more.
So far I've clocked 1270 hours on FM17 according to Steam. The previous years FM's are as follows.
FM16: 4727 hours.
FM15: 2400 hours.
FM14: 2346 hours.
FM13: 1247 hours.
FM12: 402 hours.
...So I consider myself a loyal customer that keeps returning every year, despite the bugs and minor flaws, as I do very much enjoy this game.
In previous iterations I've also helped SI by going to the forums and trying to help them iron out bugs.
I remember someone from SI even told me that their FTP server was being flooded with save game files of reported bugs.
But I've also seen countless of people trying to explain bugs in great detail to SI, and even THEN, they still wanted a save game that reproduced the bug.
I feel it is alot to ask in some situations, when they (SI) could look for some things in code or in another faster way, as they're more in tune with their software.

I do want to state, that I was being kind of unfair with my previous post about the bi-annual bit, as I also agree that bugs are not something that can be completely avoided.
But I just... For a small bit, find myself a little let down by SI, when their staff wants 10 or more people, sending in saves with one reproduced bug, when I believe that SI could reproduce the bug themselves easier/faster.

I salute people on here, for their patience and willingness to help SI, just as I have in previous years. :)

7 hours ago, mcswifty said:

Look.
I enjoy FM as much as the next person, and in some respect much more.
So far I've clocked 1270 hours on FM17 according to Steam. The previous years FM's are as follows.
FM16: 4727 hours.
FM15: 2400 hours.
FM14: 2346 hours.
FM13: 1247 hours.
FM12: 402 hours.
...So I consider myself a loyal customer that keeps returning every year, despite the bugs and minor flaws, as I do very much enjoy this game.
In previous iterations I've also helped SI by going to the forums and trying to help them iron out bugs.
I remember someone from SI even told me that their FTP server was being flooded with save game files of reported bugs.
But I've also seen countless of people trying to explain bugs in great detail to SI, and even THEN, they still wanted a save game that reproduced the bug.
I feel it is alot to ask in some situations, when they (SI) could look for some things in code or in another faster way, as they're more in tune with their software.

I do want to state, that I was being kind of unfair with my previous post about the bi-annual bit, as I also agree that bugs are not something that can be completely avoided.
But I just... For a small bit, find myself a little let down by SI, when their staff wants 10 or more people, sending in saves with one reproduced bug, when I believe that SI could reproduce the bug themselves easier/faster.

I salute people on here, for their patience and willingness to help SI, just as I have in previous years. :)

How dare they want something that guarantees they can reproduce the bug so they can spend less time fixing it and more time looking at other things.  They should totally follow worded instructions from a user and spend far longer, with the possibility that it won't reproduce at all.

You clearly have a few misconceptions about development.  That's fine, but if I was in that position I probably wouldn't criticise the perfectly valid decisions they're making in pursuit of a situation that will never exist.

How dare they want something? Who is getting paid to fix bugs problems? How did they fix things back in the day before the internet was born?
I am not saying they should follow me or my word - I'm giving a recommendation.
I don't have a misconception about development.
I do apparently have a misconception about how customer service.

Maybe I might be on the wrong foot about how things work with SI. But that is for them to judge - not you!

You're being ASKED to provide examples. You don't need to, but it's always gratefully received. It saves the testers time to gather examples if they can get a few from the community too. That means the bug can be looked at by the coding team and fixes made, if needed, quicker - with your/our help. They will still gather examples regardless, you/we are simply helping to speed up the process and it is completely voluntary.

The reason why a save game (or PKM in the Match Engine's case) is asked for is because that provides the actual example with the code under the hood so that SI can see exactly what's going on and what the issue is. No matter how well you describe it, they can't code thin air (as RTH put it once) so they will then need to hunt for a save that re-produces it themselves. They can do it, but since you're reporting it, you hopefully have a save that saves time in searching for one.

That said, this isn't feedback on the game, so let's draw a line under this, please.

Hey, I wanted to know if the caracteristics to choose your team captain has changed?

It used to be based on:

- 1) Leadership, 2) Determination,

- and now it seems to be 1) Leadership, 2) Teamwork (and probably 3) Determination)...

Thanks

playing with Roma and at the end of the season, I have 24mil in sponsor money and 56 mil income that goes under "other". What is this "other" that gets me that kind of cash? Maybe chairman injection or what? It happened after season 1 and season 2.

1 hour ago, luka_ said:

playing with Roma and at the end of the season, I have 24mil in sponsor money and 56 mil income that goes under "other". What is this "other" that gets me that kind of cash? Maybe chairman injection or what? It happened after season 1 and season 2.

Board injections come under "Investments".

The only major thing I've seen come under "Other Income" is if the club have taken out a loan its the loan coming into the club and it usually goes out again via something like ground maintenance for either a stadium upgrade or infrastructure upgrade.

2 hours ago, luka_ said:

There is a data field for 'other income' which was previously used when the researcher needs to get the right commercial revenue figure for the first season but is unsure of what specifc category of revenue some of the income applies to,.

The last Deloitte report had AS Roma generating annual commercial revenues of €36mil which would included the kit deal which is the sole major source commercial revenue on Roma's books so it does appear that unless there was a massive new deal announced for this season the data is rather ambitious as it includes over €50mil  in 'Other Income' which is renewable for the 2017 season.

5 hours ago, mcswifty said:

How dare they want something? Who is getting paid to fix bugs problems? How did they fix things back in the day before the internet was born?
I am not saying they should follow me or my word - I'm giving a recommendation.
I don't have a misconception about development.
I do apparently have a misconception about how customer service.

Maybe I might be on the wrong foot about how things work with SI. But that is for them to judge - not you!

I agree with your points. I have always wondered why there is no in-game functionality to report bugs, so people who want to help SI out don't have to jump through hoops to do so - like uploading save games to some FTP-server. 

5 hours ago, Scf101 said:

I have always wondered why there is no in-game functionality to report bugs, so people who want to help SI out don't have to jump through hoops to do so - like uploading save games to some FTP-server. 

This would help SI enormously, it's something they should look to develop because it IS a faff having to download Filezilla, set things up and manually save and transfer .pkms from your User directory to the FTP server.

On ‎23‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 14:44, Carmi88 said:

I've yet to see a player miss a penalty and go on to score/not get crippled in match rating and be useless for the rest of the game.

Anybody else?

I've noticed the same thing.  I've also noticed that I miss a lot of penalties.  My players have missed 7 of the last 10 pens.  Bloody annoying.  Especially as soon as the pen is missed I have to sub the player due to poor performance like you've highlighted above.

On 23/12/2016 at 14:44, Carmi88 said:

Anybody else?

Can't say I've seen this, last example: Zlatan missed two pens in my game, then went on to score two worldies.

Having an auto-upload feature for bugs for save games and PKMs would be sweet. But I think it would need some restrictions in place, to prevent a bunch of accidental uploads and/or uploads with no information. I'm sure that happens occasionally now the FTPs.

• SI Staff
7 hours ago, Wells said:

Still the high full-back ratings are still there, yet my striker who scored 24 goals has lower average rating than them..

utY49a.jpg

Is this specific to your team or true across the league? The former would likely mean your tactics are the cause or at least exacerbate the issue, the latter would be a wider issue and worth a post in the ME issues forum.

Cheers,
Seb. 

I have got three Damaged Cruciate Ligaments in the same month....

I have never complained about injuries, but come on.. this type of injury doesn't happen too often, but I have got it with both of my first team strikers and a midfield out in the same month.. 

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, Wells said:

I have never complained about injuries, but come on.. this type of injury doesn't happen too often, but I have got it with both of my first team strikers and a midfield in the same month.. 

Sounds like some very bad luck there. It does sound like an isolated incident however given the way you describe it. If you're seeing other teams suffering the same or this repeating over the course of a season please do open up a post in the bugs forum for me with a copy of your save game uploaded.

Cheers,
Seb.

5 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

Is this specific to your team or true across the league? The former would likely mean your tactics are the cause or at least exacerbate the issue, the latter would be a wider issue and worth a post in the ME issues forum.

Cheers,
Seb. 

I think it maybe down to my tactic but still the midfield players are getting low average ratings and they are the ones with most assists/key passes, so not sure why the full backs got the high ratings. 

• SI Staff
12 minutes ago, yezzko said:

I'm still waiting for the patch to fix trow-ins, half of them goes straight to the opposition despite having free player available. It's RIDICULOUS!

Would be worth posting examples of this in the ME issues forum.

Cheers,
Seb.

9 hours ago, Wells said:

I have never complained about injuries, but come on.. this type of injury doesn't happen too often, but I have got it with both of my first team strikers and a midfield out in the same month.. 

The laws of probability do make this possible, very damn rare but possible.

2 hours ago, Barside said:

The laws of probability do make this possible, very damn rare but possible.

I wish the many many many times when there were sod all injuries would be also reported. But in that case it's just "normal" or "never had a problem". Well of course you didn't. Overall this is very very low, if the yard stick is actually football. :-/ I'm still suspicious that SI base there testing largely on AI teams who aren't that great at keeping players nurtured, in particular during fixture congestion. No wonder I don't remember any save in any previous iteration where I had anything I'd class an actual crysis (and the only thing at all I micro-tweak much or take into account is players' injury proneness / injury history before signing them). Luckily this year I seem to see some support, as there are custom files that try to increase this some again. This is affecting all the saves, with additionally back-up players causing uproars on occasion, which also affects the transfer markets, etc.

On 21-12-2016 at 20:43, Michael Zorc said:

My only wish for Christmas this year is that this gets fixed to allow those of us that want more compact defending from wide midfielders to somehow achieve it...whether it's the default movement or something that can be altered with instructions. This is one of the biggest disasters I've encountered playing a recent version of FM and it ruins the experience, so much so that I can't play FM17 and had to revert to FM16, which is something I can't remember doing very often in my 20+ years of playing the series (since CM Italia 94/95 Update). :(

Defending from throw-ins also needs it's own set of instructions in the set-piece creator, to allow us more managerial influence over what happens from these situations, as the defending here is also quite often a complete shambles - and has been for numerous versions of FM.

Are they planning to fix this for FM 2017?

Not really happy with FM 2017. This is the second year in a row (FM 2016 with the fullbacks issue) where I encountered huge problems with the match engine.

1 hour ago, fabioke said:

Are they planning to fix this for FM 2017?

Unlikely.  

Nic Madden, in the bugs forum, said:

This is an area of the game that we need to improve for future editions of the game and something that we have not addressed for this patch that we have just released. We need certain other improvements to the ME overall to aid this, as it is not just a simple fix.

As stated above, we need time to make further adjustments and improvements to the game to make it more realistic and also make the ME fully balanced overall to make it not just realistic but also fun and challenging.

I am going to close off this thread, as, this is something that we need to improve in the future when we can add more features and AI to the ME overall.

He doesn't completely rule out addressing the issue and I'd expect some ME tweaks in February.  However, any major changes will need to wait till FM 2018, and winger positioning seems to fall into that bucket.  Whether that's acceptable or not is up to you.

18 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

Unlikely.  

Nic Madden, in the bugs forum, said:

He doesn't completely rule out addressing the issue and I'd expect some ME tweaks in February.  However, any major changes will need to wait till FM 2018, and winger positioning seems to fall into that bucket.  Whether that's acceptable or not is up to you.

Already bought the game because this was marketed as the year of polish. Reading the linked thread only makes me even more sad.

Steam reviews are indicating that I'm not the only disgruntled customer. If it wasn't for the editor hideaway and Steam workshop I would have stopped playing after FM 2013.

If even people like me start to question their FM purchase (bought the game myself since 99/00) SI has a serious problem.

[Passionate] Demand more!

7 minutes ago, DTSL12851 said:

Anyone has any information whether the bug where a scout report is 100% completed within a few days but still has missing information has been fixed? Saw it appear shortly after 17.2.0 went live but haven't seen any recent talk about it.

Any further information is going to be in the bugs section.

On 18/12/2016 at 18:08, Harpoon76 said:

Most recent patch seems to be one step forward immediately followed by one step back.

Scouting - now somewhat broken.  First report of a foreign player provides 100% knowledge but no price or salary estimate eg

Aw1BeQct.png

ME information windows randomly disappear (bug) and take a random amount of clicking to get back, at which point they promptly vanish again...

I hope these issues are addressed before January.

Both of these are being looked at, as you know by linking to the second of them. They will be dealt with as and when possible 

I don't know if it's been pointed out before, but fullbacks/wingbacks pick up a ridiculous number of yellow cards. I'm playing with Chelsea and Cesar Azpilicueta is on 9 yellows, just one yellow away from a two match suspension. One can hardly see this in the EPL, let alone from world class players in the top teams. Plus there is no interaction for me to tell him to play more carefully, which seems like a reasonable request from the manager when the player is only one yellow away from missing two games... anyone else having this issue?

2 hours ago, bluearmy19 said:

Plus there is no interaction for me to tell him to play more carefully, which seems like a reasonable request from the manager when the player is only one yellow away from missing two games

There are tactical changes you can make to his behaviour, but it really does depend on what's causing him to commit so many fouls.

Archived