Football Manager 2017 Official Feedback Thread

When can I sign German players again?

I usually play in the bundesliga, but this year with FM 17, u introduced a version were German youngsters and older players wont leave their club at all (even if transfer listed for a year). Its been over a month now and still no fix?

I know we arent allowed to ask for the updates, but its annoying as hell to be a paying beta-tester again :(

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, JensenS said:

When can I sign German players again?

I usually play in the bundesliga, but this year with FM 17, u introduced a version were German youngsters and older players wont leave their club at all (even if transfer listed for a year). Its been over a month now and still no fix?

This issue is covered in this thread.

1 hour ago, stevemc said:

Do stadiums that are due to open in the future, for example, Atletico Madrid's new stadium, have an ID assigned to them that's fixed?

In this particular case, yes.

1 hour ago, stevemc said:

Do stadiums that are due to open in the future, for example, Atletico Madrid's new stadium, have an ID assigned to them that's fixed?

27 minutes ago, Mons said:

In all cases as far as I Know.  If the stadium is announced and has a completion date in real life, it's added to the database as a stadium in its own right, just with an opening date set.  

2 hours ago, KUBI said:

This issue is covered in this thread.

I know KUBI....

BUT its been more then a month now and if u like me, are playing in the Bundes its a broken game - heck even if I started a save in the premiership I would consider it broken if the German players would`nt transfer clubs.

It was`nt to raise the issue, but to at least try to get some news about an update because it is a big problem in the game - I know we are not allowed to ask "when is the update due" but this is silly, that they ship a broken game, and do not fix it asap.

(I know there are more bugs then this and it takes times, but it is ridiculous we have to wait this long for a broken game to be fixed - and its the same every year!!  I used to be this games biggest fan but its more of an annoynce right now)

2 hours ago, forameuss said:

In all cases as far as I Know.  If the stadium is announced and has a completion date in real life, it's added to the database as a stadium in its own right, just with an opening date set.  

3 hours ago, Mons said:

Thanks fellas :thup:

I can't win a single game most of my games have been draws I really liked Football Manager 16 I never had a lot of problems playing it I just hope you guys will improve this game especially the matches. I have used different instructions and tactics suggested to me on this forum but I'm getting the same results. I have not lost many games but it is just so frustrating to win a single game and whenever my strikers do get an easy opportunity at goal they are more likely to miss than actually score there always seems to be some type of momentum  shift which makes the game even more difficult for you to win no matter who you are playing against.  Your more likely to miss a penalty, whenever your players take a throw you will always lose the ball to the opposition, goalkeepers rarely hold on to the ball instead they push the ball out for a corner, tackling in this game is useless even if you have the much better team and have chances on goal you will still lose because your opposition will somehow score a "STUPENDOUS" goal sounds pretty stupidous to me.   

There is so much in detail in the instructions I would prefer it if things were much more simpler and the game just seems to be really difficult this year which makes things more frustrating and to be honest with you I've had enough.

12 minutes ago, gunner7771000 said:

I can't win a single game most of my games have been draws I really liked Football Manager 16 I never had a lot of problems playing it I just hope you guys will improve this game especially the matches. I have used different instructions and tactics suggested to me on this forum but I'm getting the same results. I have not lost many games but it is just so frustrating to win a single game and whenever my strikers do get an easy opportunity at goal they are more likely to miss than actually score there always seems to be some type of momentum  shift which makes the game even more difficult for you to win no matter who you are playing against.  Your more likely to miss a penalty, whenever your players take a throw you will always lose the ball to the opposition, goalkeepers rarely hold on to the ball instead they push the ball out for a corner, tackling in this game is useless even if you have the much better team and have chances on goal you will still lose because your opposition will somehow score a "STUPENDOUS" goal sounds pretty stupidous to me.   

There is so much in detail in the instructions I would prefer it if things were much more simpler and the game just seems to be really difficult this year which makes things more frustrating and to be honest with you I've had enough.

either you are good but very unlucky or poor and very lucky :D seriously though. there is no momentum just a probability.bzw, there is no new tactical instructions compared to last year- maybe you just need a rest from the game. after a week or two come back and try fresh. i bet those draws will become wins... well some of them will.

Nothing on the regen faces? It's the biggest UI issue for years. 

I thought an external firm did this? Has the relationship with facegen ended this year and we're stuck with the generic face? Would be good to let us know. 

• Administrators
Just now, ★ OPZ ★ said:

I tried restarting but not work. 

Are you sure it hasn't updated? On the main menu in the top left-hand corner of the game, what version number does it say? 

44 minutes ago, DP said:

Nothing on the regen faces? It's the biggest UI issue for years. 

I thought an external firm did this? Has the relationship with facegen ended this year and we're stuck with the generic face? Would be good to let us know. 

they have been changed a bit. Now they look like clones that have been surgically modified so they can try to live a normal life without drawing too much suspicion. Appreciate the effort but they still look so creepy...

5 minutes ago, hicuty said:

match engine should be updated in touch?

Doesn't appear to be. Just quit and restarted and there is no download and start screen still shows as v17.1.2

Edit: Just checked in the FMT forum and there's no announcement there, although the 17.1.2 was announced.

I'm going to be really hacked off if FM and FMT are going to follow separate development paths with updates out of synch.

• Administrators

Touch and the demo haven't been updated yet - it's not something we do very often but hope to be able to update it relatively soon, ideally before the weekend. 

Unfortunately due to the nature of submissions and the cross-save between Football Manager Touch on PC/Mac/Linux and Football Manager Touch on tablet on this one occasion we've had to hold off for the time-being.

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, BeadyRoller said:

One thing that has always confused me. When an update like this is pushed, will these changes be in my current save or will they only take effect when I create a new save on the new update?

Thanks.

yeah they are in effect in your current save.

• Administrators
Just now, BeadyRoller said:

One thing that has always confused me. When an update like this is pushed, will these changes be in my current save or will they only take effect when I create a new save on the new update?

Thanks.

Except for competitions and rulegroup changes (in some limited instances) all changes will appear in your current save.

Thanks. 

7 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Unfortunately due to the nature of submissions and the cross-save between Football Manager Touch on PC/Mac/Linux and Football Manager Touch on tablet on this one occasion we've had to hold off for the time-being.

Thanks for info, Neil. Will try to wait patiently.

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

17.2.0 update out now (yes including ME changes). All the details including a changelist here: 

As always, keep the feedback here, constructive and civil. Thanks! 

About bloody time. Sorry for being a little bit too direct, but ONE entire month without addressing that horrible and game-breaking German players bug was frankly unacceptable. Anyway, thanks for finally releasing the fix, and let's hope nothing like this happens again.

Unfortunately, player promises are still completely broken even with the new patch, and my save game remains ruined. There was only a small cosmetic change, but nothing else. See below for a full report:

24 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

Unfortunately, player promises are still completely broken even with the new patch, and my save game remains ruined. There was only a small cosmetic change, but nothing else. See below for a full report:

So they are not completely broken at all. They just haven't been able to get to grips with the issue you report. Misinformation like that is really not on quite frankly 

11 minutes ago, Carmi88 said:

I just saw a little yellow forward arrow icon appear above the ref during a run of play, is that him playing advantage?

never seen it before in my previous 312 hours on fm17 :D

Haha, it was there though. I noticed it myself last week for the first time :D

1 minute ago, Pompey1978 said:

So, ever since the update installed I can't launch the game. Anyone else?

Did you already do the obvious things like deleting the cache, restarting steam, re-booting your computer?

3 minutes ago, Pompey1978 said:

How would I delete the cache? Did the other two but not that.

To delete your cache, first make sure the game is closed then please do the following:

For Windows Vista and Windows 7:

- Click ‘Start’- Select ‘Computer’

- From the header, select ‘Organize’ dropdown

- Select ‘Folder and Search Options’

- Within here, select the ‘View’ tab and make sure ‘Show Hidden Files and Folders’ is selected

- Navigate to C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017

- Delete the ‘Cache’ folder

For Windows 8 and Windows 10:

- Click ‘File Explorer’ from within the taskbar (or click ‘Desktop/Start’ then type in ‘File Explorer’)

- On the header click ‘View’ and make sure above ‘Show/hide’ that ‘Hidden Items’ is ticked

- Navigate to C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017

- Delete the ‘Cache’ folder

I've done that, and then rebooted for good measure. Still nothing.

When I try to launch the game from within the Steam Library (by clicking the blue Play button), the word Running appears next to the game title for a few seconds, then "Syncing" flashes for a split second, then nothing.

The game isn't showing as running in Task Manager. 

Any thoughts?

You can try verifying the game files in steam in case the patch didn't apply correctly, right click on fm in steam -> properties -> local files.

Also what anti-virus software are you using its possible it might be blocking fm as its just updated, check your antivirus settings to see if it lists software it has blocked.

7 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

You can try verifying the game files in steam in case the patch didn't apply correctly, right click on fm in steam -> properties -> local files.

Also what anti-virus software are you using its possible it might be blocking fm as its just updated, check your antivirus settings to see if it lists software it has blocked.

I'm running the file check now, and while I waited I opened up Kaspersky and it seems to be on some kind of "low restricted" list. I've switched it to allowed, and once the verification finishes, I'll try it again.

Thank for the advice.

29 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Still no joy I'm afraid.

Disappointed with the patch. I've been a loyal customer for the series since I was old enough to buy the game (CM 03/04), but now I feel a bit let down. I know it's impossible to please everybody and to solve every problem, but... Even though I've a (much) better than average laptop, I've still not been able to play the game without either disabled crowd or a severe 3D lag. And I'm not the only one who has that problem. (https://community.sigames.com/topic/386972-lag-in-match-engine/) I appreciate the way there's been feedback for this from the SI people, but at some point, a solution needs to be found. If a retailer sells me a car with a broken cd player, he needs to fix it. The broken cd player doesn't make the car unusable, nor is it essential for the car, but it takes away the joy.

Besides, I think the ME is again being ignored.  There's been buzz about wide midfielders defending too wide. Again, very friendly and fast feedback about this from SI, but that there's still no solution for this, and, even more, that there's just been announced that it isn't something for FM 2017, that's very frustrating. It makes it impossible for certain users to create the (real life like) tactics they love. It's ridicoulous to have a setting for 'very narrow width' and still see wide midfielders hugging the touchline in defense. That's just afwul.

And then there are ongoing problems in the player roles, for example that there's defensively actually not a whole lotta difference in the behaviour of an advanced forward and a defensive forward, that a defensive forward (defensive) doesn't put (enough) pressure on the most defensive of the opponent's midfielders, that the prevent GK distribution doesn't make the forward harrass the defense, the weird correlation beteen depth and creative freedom... At some point, you can't keep on saying "maybe next year".

I know this game will be played by me for multiple extra hours, so that it'll be worth the money, and I know that there aren't many games where mods and developpers of the games are even half as accessible as here, but... The game is stagnating, in my opinion. I've bought FM always and I'll probably keep on buying FM 18, 19, even though I now can't use a 'finished' product (no crowd without lag), and that's most especially because I love football management games and there's simply no other game like FM. Maybe for the better, the monopoly should be broken, I don't know.

I hope there'll still be some fixes in the next patch (lagging solved, defensive forwards who actually press and defend and track back into midfield like in FM14, narrow midfielders). It would make me (and as I suppose, a lot of other users too) a lot happier - at least about this game. :-)

Archived