Game 1 - France VS Romania (10/06/2016 8pm)

Baptista_8

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think France will win. It's the opening game, so they'll huff and puff for a while, but they have a really excellent squad, and I think they'll have enough to break through an organised Romania. Going for 2-0, with both goals in the last 20 minutes. If I'm going for goalscorer predictions it's Giroud and Pogba.

1 full month of international football. I'm excited! Really looking forward to the start of the tournament this evening. France should win this one easily. But IRC France has a pretty bad record with opening games haven't they?

This gives moaners an early opportunity to whine about ITV giving you updates from the England camp

In theory, I guess with 3rd placed going through in most groups you'd think games could be more open as less risk of missing out but I somehow doubt it

2-0 France with talk of them 'will take a lot of beating' before they lose their next game during the week

In theory, I guess with 3rd placed going through in most groups you'd think games could be more open as less risk of missing out but I somehow doubt it

Could also go the other way, if teams get a point in the first match they'll feel they are almost through so we could see some negative early games, particularly those between bigger nations in a group.

Reckon France will roll them over 4 or 5 - 0.

Giroud hat trick

Fascinating! Origin of the word Hat-Trick:

The term first appeared in 1858 in cricket, to describe HH Stephenson's taking three wickets with three consecutive deliveries. Fans held a collection for Stephenson, and presented him with a hat bought with the proceeds.[1] The term was used in print for the first time in 1868.[2] The term was eventually adopted by many other sports including hockey, association football, water polo and team handball.

Are Payet, Martial & Giroud all likely to start?

I haven't seen much of France lately but can't see those 3 and Griezmann all starting (would surely be too attacking) and I am eager to place a scorecast not involving Griezmann.

Are Payet, Martial & Giroud all likely to start?

I haven't seen much of France lately but can't see those 3 and Griezmann all starting (would surely be too attacking) and I am eager to place a scorecast not involving Griezmann.

Sounds like it'll be:

Lloris

Sagna Rami Koscielny Evra

Pogba Kante Matuidi

Griezmann Giroud Payet

Is it true Romania have a good defense? Could be a 0-0 or a 1-0 upset.

Hard to gauge really. Conceded just twice in qualifying, but that was in a group where Northern Ireland were the clear top scorers. Shipped four to Ukraine in a warm-up friendly just two weeks ago, but also kept Spain scoreless in March.

**** me, ITV going a bit overboard on the french contributors arent they? thats 4 in the last 10 minutes :D

Start to worry when they bring out the Cheeky Girls for the Romanian contribution.

is Kante now a starter for France? he was only called up for the first time recently, wasnt he?

I think Lassana Diarra might have had the place ahead of him, but he got injured. Just my feeling though

Also, Marion Bartoli :lol:

She made this big thing about ITV having the Euros coverage on their last bit of French Open programming, and I joked (not on here) that she sounded desperate to do some presenting for it. Heh

Romania used to be amazing. Back in 94 they were one of the best teams to watch, their win over Argentina was one of the great games of the tournament.

Hagi, a genius..... yet all I hear now is how they are setup to frustrate. :(

Bring back communism, it created some great talents.

Archived