Football Manager 2015 Features Video Official Feedback Thread

• Administrators
So, returning to the original question. I'm assuming from what you've said that there won't be a built-in kit renewal aspect to the game (which in truth I wasn't expecting), but will kit amendments be a feature in the in-game editor? Will details of the in-game editor functionality be revealed ahead of the game's release?

I'm afraid I'm not privy to that information at this time. Sorry about that.

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the reply.

Now that I'm not on my phone, I can link the relevant quote from SI:

As much as I appreciate the discussion for 32-bit and 64-bit OS, we're supporting 32-bit and although we can understand some of the benefits of being 64-bit there are no plans to do so at this stage. If we can keep this thread more in line with feedback from the video and what has been announced so far it'd be appreciated. Thanks.

May i ask if the newest champion's League rule change (the winners of the 7 highest leagues in rank will be seeded in the urn 1) will be implemented in fm2015 for the Champion's League 2015/2016 and followings.

It has been asked and answered in a thread here in GD. It won't because it hasn't been approved yet.

Truly unimpressed with all the "new features"

Tracksuit Manager vs Tactical Manager...

Another slider and click to add and remove attributes for yourself - truly a throwback of games of yesteryear.

There was more about adding additional press conference stuff - seems this is the area they have expanded on the most. Yay - a tunnel interview followed by a press conference, followed by a manger comment to me, followed by more media reaction.... sounds like it's "Fantasy Media Manager"

Then it's followed by players getting upset, upsetting their friends in the team, factions in the team fighting against each other.

Time to call in daddy to sort out all the nonsense! Truly remarkably complicated system for something that should have been simplified not made more complex.

The motion capture stuff was cool though - I'll give it that.

Other than that - I didn't really see anything "new" to the game. Just a new way to do things you could already do in the game. Some sections have been revamped. That's not to say they are improved upon, a new UI does not equal a new feature, or a better feature.

Very underwhelmed.

As it's the only thing to have to make a judgement - that's my sentiment for the moment.

At first I was like "wow" but as I thought more and more about it - it seems like a lot of fluff put on top of fluff.

No disrespect to anyone who worked on the game or the development of the game, but I just don't see anything relatively new that enhances the game, just new ways of doing things that could be done already.

I think most of the changes look fairly promising. At first the tracksuit thing looked like a gimmicky RPG-ish feature but the more I think about it, if the game is going to treat you like other managers it makes sense to have your ratings be more transparent, and to have you personally be available for training purposes.

The one frustration I had with FM14 was a pervasive feeling that deep-lying counter-attacking tactics seemed overpowered. It's hard to collect data on this sort of thing as a casual player but I repeatedly got the feeling that overmatched clubs were consistently able to overperform by playing defensively, and that even dominant clubs were better off playing conservatively. Is this something that's been looked at, or were SI satisfied with the balance in FM14?

Well, I have to say I'm disappointed.

The two biggest areas that need to be improved are the in-game feedback and documentation to make the tactics screen more accessible, and the AI with regards to long-term squad building. Neither of those warranted so much as a mention in the video, and from reading this thread, it appears neither of them have been given high priority in terms of development.

This:

Animations are representations of the ME and not the ME itself. They should be thought of as the cherry on the cake, and not the cake itself.

is an important comment that I agree with, and it's frustrating that so much time in the video was spent on how things now look prettier. Stadiums are pretty. Burger vans are pretty. Mo-cap is pretty. Great- better to be pretty than ugly. But the vast majority of things spoken about in the match engine side of things is purely aesthetic. Now, obviously things like physics and in-match AI need to be experienced first-hand to really understand the developments, but to focus so much of the video on how everything looks is missing the point. This is a game that looks like a spreadsheet, with a core audience of people who accept that it's going to look like a spreadsheet. Graphics are not gonna get my blood pumping, and this is especially the case if, as Neil has mentioned, there has been nothing done by way of actually making the game more understandable and accessible in terms of feedback and documentation.

A lot of the smaller points are nice touches, things that, as I've watched, I've made a note that I like the sound of it, and am intrigued to see how it plays out. I think some of the "OH NO RPG" comments are overreaction- the tracksuit/tactical distinction seems to have been quite sensibly handled, and looks like it could be a very positive thing for making your game more YOUR game. Stuff like the not-quite-certain scouting and deeper job interviews also seem to be positive steps.

On the flip side, there are things which needed development to bring them to the depth of the rest of the game, which doesn't appear to have happened. Media interaction is a good example- there appears to be a lot more of it planned, with the tunnel/training interviews etc, but the module doesn't appear to have actually become any deeper or more interesting. You're still picking one from five set replies, with a tone, like a robot, and getting an email in response to whatever you picked. Repeat ad nauseum. That already gets dull and repetitive- adding more of it will only make it get dull and repetitive quicker. The problem is not that there isn't enough variety in the questioning (or at least not only that), but that there's no variation in response, and it ultimately doesn't do very much. Neither of those points appear to have changed for FM15- there doesn't appear to be any evidence that the media interaction does anything more than it does already. Simply adding more of it doesn't fix the problems it has.

Finally, despite all this, I promise I will go and preorder the game, here and now, if I can finally choose which kit each team wears before a match, to prevent clashes that the game doesn't pick up. Please? Pretty please?

Not a massive fan of the new layout style they have introduced I like the current layout as it is, nor am I fussed about the 3D match engine additions as I always play with 'only commentary' everything sounds good though, glad the Press Conferences have been given more depth after it did need it. Looking forward to pre-ordering now and playing the BETA version.

Looking forward to discovering what other new features have been added and not announced.

Lawlore, keep in mind that this was an advert for the game. That needs attention grabbers. Motion capture, new scouting and nice looking stadiums gets Average Joe's attention. Improved squad building AI doesn't. IMO, of course. That doesn't mean it hasn't been worked on or neglected.

I'm actually quite excited to see the improved interaction, especially when talking to players. I've had situations where what I wanted to say just wasn't available as an option. Improving this while improving player reactions to your talks can be very rewarding. It is for me, anyway :D

Lawlore, keep in mind that this was an advert for the game. That needs attention grabbers. Motion capture, new scouting and nice looking stadiums gets Average Joe's attention. Improved squad building AI doesn't. IMO, of course. That doesn't mean it hasn't been worked on or neglected.

Ok, I get that that it isn't going to be front and centre of the video, in terms of bringing new customers in. I agree it's not exactly a WOW! feature. But it's an important one, and let's not forget that we're not talking about a 2-minute teaser here- this was a 27-minute video. If you've got time to mention burger vans and Movember, you've got time to mention AI improvements outside of matchday, even if it's just as a throwaway half-line as they did with the ball physics. Just a small note that it had been somewhere on the "to do" list. Considering how central that needs to have been as a feature for taking FM forward, even if it's not particularly sexy, it's something that warrants acknowledgment.

Ok, I get that that it isn't going to be front and centre of the video, in terms of bringing new customers in. I agree it's not exactly a WOW! feature. But it's an important one, and let's not forget that we're not talking about a 2-minute teaser here- this was a 27-minute video. If you've got time to mention burger vans and Movember, you've got time to mention AI improvements outside of matchday, even if it's just as a throwaway half-line as they did with the ball physics. Just a small note that it had been somewhere on the "to do" list. Considering how central that needs to have been as a feature for taking FM forward, even if it's not particularly sexy, it's something that warrants acknowledgment.

If it helps, Neil Brock confirmed (on the 1st page) in this thread that (like every year) they have worked on improving the AI. It has been mentioned in another thread as well. These features haven't taken any time away from things like that. I wouldn't want the stadium graphics guy doing AI coding :D

I think if you want ground breaking new extra's, knowing that the game is released annually, why don't you buy it every 2, 3 or 4 years??

Nobody makes you buy it every year.

Then even when they do introduce something ground breaking, you get just as many people saying "I wished they'd polished up on what was there".

It's your choice. Download the demo, don't like it, don't buy. Don't like the bugs, wait until it's fully patched in March.

You can't really blame a games company for your informed choices alongside expecting anything different.

Will this version need patching?? Of course.

Will this annual release be an ongoing work in progress of FM14 without massive leaps?? Of course.

Evolution works for FM with me, it is what it is. Of course we all have things we'd personally like to see 'fixed' or improved upon, and other features we think "why did they waste effort on that??".

But buy it or don't. It's not like this year is anything different, but for once I'm actually quite excited about the new things in the video. It could be a lot worse and has been previously.

, but for once I'm actually quite excited about the new things in the video. It could be a lot worse and has been previously.

So in past releases you have complained or at the very least been unhappy, now this year you are quite happy so you decide to tell others they can not complain and basically stop whining?

Nice preaching Jibby! :p

If it helps, Neil Brock confirmed (on the 1st page) in this thread that (like every year) they have worked on improving the AI. It has been mentioned in another thread as well. These features haven't taken any time away from things like that. I wouldn't want the stadium graphics guy doing AI coding :D

Oh, I wasn't suggesting they hadn't been, or that it was being neglected. I'm just saying that as a fundamental part of the game, not mentioning it at all is a red flag. It was one of two things I was looking for information on in the video, and it wasn't there. I'll give the demo the same whirl I always do, and judge on that- it's just that this one in particular is not really easy to judge from a 6-month play time.

Still, how about that last question? Can we pick which kits teams wear yet? :D

Don't knock it Kriss, 2 years from now you will be locking threads asking "why can't we set the prices of a burger", "when will SI add the option to have a burger franchise."

It's all good. :D

You can do all that stuff in Madden's career mode, burgers, cokes, hotdogs, all the shirts and merch. You can even charge more for certain players names over others.

Absolute snoozefest.

With each new update the new features are the best ever, only to be overhauled in the next years release. The game used to work very well before year after year of revolutionary developments seemed to take it backwards. So much focus on the 3D match engine when the AI should have been the biggest focus all along. Mo-capped animations may be all well and good but what's the point of the player looking realistic when they are doing unrealistic things, be that playing the ball straight to an opposition player under no pressure or just outright ignoring the instructions you've given him.

In the past I used to play long career games, taking coaches with me from club to club. It just seemed right, almost all managers moving clubs will take along at least some of their backroom staff. In the last couple of FM's this seemed almost impossible, you could be a coaches favoured member of staff but they would have no interest in joining you. I'm impressed with the Tracksuit/ Tactical Manager idea but unless the staff relationships are improved greatly then I can't seem myself playing more than one season in a save

Personally I'm really glad to hear about the motion capture stuff. I don't really care about the new weather effects or stadia and things like that, I don't need the game to look 'prettier' in that sense. What I do want to see is clearer, more fluid animations that accurately relay to me what is happening under the hood so to speak and this seems like a good step forward in that regard. Right now there are a lot of instances that leave me wondering what has just happened because of the odd animations/movements of players. A common example is when one player goes to close down another, he'll get really close to the player on the ball and the two of them sort of coalesce in the same spot for a second before the pressing player drifts back a couple of yards and the one on the ball carries on doing whatever he was going to do. I don't know if the fact that I play on medium graphics has something to do with that (would appreciate it if anyone knows) but that's the kind of thing I want to see improved in terms of graphics. Again, this seems like a big step forward and will certainly improve the immersion in terms of watching games which is great. After all, everything that you do in the game is ultimately in preparation for match day so it makes sense to make that experience as good as it can be.

Woohoo cant wait to immerse myself in this and get lost in what I am doing. So many cool features. My wife is going to be a FM widow for a while. Hmmmmm, maybe that is a good thing for her lol. Bring on the beta, cant wait to try and learn this one! :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

I'm not one to buy the game every year (last one I played properly before FM14 was FM11) but I'll be giving the demo a go on this one and then just judging it from there. Looks like they have put a lot of work in making the chats, scouting, media etc a lot more in-depth, which is a good thing. There's nothing more boring than only getting 2 or 3 options to choose from when holding chats for instance. These sort of things SHOULD be in-depth.

One thing I hope they have done this time is to give the option in Private Chat to actually praise a player when they have been training well. There's options to criticise them but not to praise them which I have never understood. Hoping it's been put in now.

Another is also how the players react in the ME. Dribbling with the ball for an unrealistic time and then just booting it out for a throw when under no pressure. The ball passing right in front - or just over - the players and them not reacting. Players walking with the ball right in front of an opposition player and doing nothing with it (or deciding to kick it right against the opposition player). 'Keepers and their banana shaped feet resulting in a goal kick going out the park way before the halfway line. I don't know if it's like this at higher level football in the game because I play lower league and I know the players aren't as good, but they aren't stupid and why this happens is baffling, so I hope the unexplainable stuff manages to get ironed out.

Finally watching the features video and hear this "The club board's intelligence has been improved in many areas..." FINALLY, no more idiots running the club.

I swore I was going to wait until after the holidays...but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do that...want shiny new features NOW.

Animations look great but... it seems there's one problem SI are simply unable to fix - players gliding and ice skating all over the pitch. The actual graphics are fine, and have been for a couple of years now but this issue has been present in every FM since 3D was introduced. FIFA did this right 17 YEARS AGO! No, it's not the most important part of the game or what FM is all about but it does make me wonder whether it will ever be fixed.

Seems I may be the only one but my view is: Pluses - age range scouting (a huge plus actually). Minuses - everything else.

I was 99% sure I would pass on FM15 and now I have added a crucial 1% to this. Too much fluff & faff to be fun for me. ME hugely unimpressive and bearing in mind the motion capture sequence in the studio if any FM gamer ever sees another keeper amble about as the ball trickles over the line I suggest they tweet to Miles that someone at SI is having a laugh at the customers expense.

Really feels SI have totally lost touch with the FM'er - or as seems more likely from initial consensus that I have grown apart from the game.

Whatever happened to 11 players with twenty or so attributes rated 1-20 and using simple "tactics" to make the most of any advantage detected?. This seems like a lot more hard work, and a lot less fun.

:-(

Totally agree with all apart from I'm not 100% not going to get it, I probably still will but yeah aslong as classic is still there then that is more than enough.

Amazing that every new bit or so called improved thing is just yeah so much faff, tracksuit or tactical manager, please what a joke, I don't give a dam. I pick players, buy them and yeah try to win football matches how I do it I don't care but yeah have enough common sense not to pay 50 mil for torres or 35 mil for Andy Carroll, oh wait a sec...

This is all fm needs and is what I've loved since cm 2 and nothing has changed since. Match engine dont give a .... never ever watched a match in my life, commentary all the way.

The best thing in modern era that has happened with FM was FML and yeah look what happened there.

My personal wish is for some sort of fantasy database with real players though and yeah every team is on par with one another and you say start with well 300 mil for prem side but then can can choose any players in the game of football i.e. say messi for 100 mil but would clearly eat away at your initial budget. Anyway I wont go on but for me this would make a fm game a bit more interesting and therefore different as you can then take whatever club you want and know you are on the same terms as the others so to speak.

If we can use coaching badges to improve our abilities, then are NPCs capable of also taking coaching badges to improve theirs?

Can we influence our coaches/scouts/physios to take some coaching badges and specify which badges?

Who pays for the coaching badge? If it's the club then is there the option for us to pay it ourselves?

I guess the pre-requisite for coaching badges for managing in the leagues like EPL is in the game, a pro-license IIRC.

Well I've been lurking a while and chose not to say much about the new features vid as I wasn't really sure what to make of it..

On reflection, the main thing I've taken away from it is that this is going to be another version with big wholesale changes. Which ultimately means it will be flawed, and a stepping stone to something better.

As a longtime/longterm fan, of course this is great, and I'm pleased that the game is progressing and not standing still, resting on its laurels. However as an end user of the game, it will naturally mean there is a large amount of wiping the slate clean and starting again with all the flaws, bugs and issues that brings.

This is all speculation of course, I certainly won't be judging anything until I've seen it myself.

Good luck SI, looking forward to having a go :)

If we can use coaching badges to improve our abilities, then are NPCs capable of also taking coaching badges to improve theirs?

I'm pretty sure that NPC/computer coaches do level up their badges.

Can we influence our coaches/scouts/physios to take some coaching badges and specify which badges?

You've always been able to ask coaches to pursue certification (at least the last couple of FMs)

Who pays for the coaching badge? If it's the club then is there the option for us to pay it ourselves?

club pays it out of the salary budget, I would imagine.

I think I like the ability to set certifications and former playing level at the start, just to customize the manager better. If it WORKS, it should make manager creation a little more challenging.

Hi SI,

Got to say that, on a whole, FM2015 features look quite impressive. However, as i'm watching my matches through 3D all the time, i certainly hope that SI will polish the ME 3D animation further so as to add realism to it. I'm saying this as it it seems that the positioning of match stewards on FM2015 New Features Video at 5.01 and 6.24 look strange. The match stewards are stepping on the billboards. :confused:

On top of that, as the matches on the featured video do not feature any photographer, i was wondering where SI placed them this time around. I certainly hope that it'll be placed behind the billboard for realism

sake. In FM2014, they were placed in front of the billboard. On top of that, they seemed to be oversize. :rolleyes:

Well I've been lurking a while and chose not to say much about the new features vid as I wasn't really sure what to make of it..

On reflection, the main thing I've taken away from it is that this is going to be another version with big wholesale changes. Which ultimately means it will be flawed, and a stepping stone to something better.

As a longtime/longterm fan, of course this is great, and I'm pleased that the game is progressing and not standing still, resting on its laurels. However as an end user of the game, it will naturally mean there is a large amount of wiping the slate clean and starting again with all the flaws, bugs and issues that brings.

This is all speculation of course, I certainly won't be judging anything until I've seen it myself.

Good luck SI, looking forward to having a go :)

It'd only be a stepping stone if SI don't make wholesale changes again in the following release. From past experience between FM13 through to what we've seen on FM15 I'd say that it is more than likely to happen yet again.

Although the video looks good and the game looks promising. How much testing has there been. I still wont be buying on release day. I ususally buy the game after the last update. However depending on peoples feedback my mind could be changed.

All the new features seem like good additions, nothing ground breaking however which is slightly disappointing. As long as the ME and AI improve in terms of consistently and realism I'll be a happy customer. I regard this as the most important factor of the game. :thup:

Although the video looks good and the game looks promising. How much testing has there been. I still wont be buying on release day. I ususally buy the game after the last update. However depending on peoples feedback my mind could be changed.

how much testing has there been, what kind of a question is that :D

I just watched the video again, I watched it live and just watched it for the second time tonight, why? well it is Saturday night and I know how to party!

Anyway, there is something I complain about every year without fail and it seems that is 1 thing I can not do this year.

In the video all the menus are being played using a dark skin, yep no blinding white screen! Great to see they have finally listened and are, or at least looks like they are releasing with a skin other than white.

Having said that I have decided not to buy it, putting aside the unknown AI squad building, it really seems there is just more and more micro management going on, I know some players will like this, myself I just find it getting too much every year and this seems to have broken the limit, I don't rush through seasons but I don't want to see me bogged down for weeks at a time trying to get through a season either.

I guess I am one of those guys where FMC just isn't enough and the full game is just getting to be too much. <shrug>

Not too bothered about new features although a way to update kits each year would add a bit of variety. Just hoping that the ME is made as good as it possibly can be and roles and duties do what they should do. Gimmicks and new features are all very well but if the main part of the game (the match) doesn't work properly then it renders all other parts of the game fairly pointless.

It is the simple things like the amount of scouts you can have, training, there are quite a few things that I enjoy from the main game that are just not the same in FMC, also on a side note the skin is just terrible.

Well, there is a FMC video out at some point. Keep an eye on that. Maybe it grabs your attention this year.

I shall certainly have a look at it, I really can not see it changing enough though.

I do get it, SI have to draw a line to what goes into FMC to make it streamlined and what does not, I also know that my idea of the perfect game is not everyones, that is why I fall into the hole in between FMC and the full game.

I want to search for players using as many scouts as I can, I want to give team talks, I want to be involved in training.

I do not want media of any kind, I know some will say I can send my assistant in the full game but it does not stop you having to deal with the media, transfer deadline day you always get questions from them, when you buy a player you still get bothered by them.

Maybe that is something SI can look at in the future, send assistant to ALL media, or just an option to disable it totally.

Just an example of a couple of things.

Archived