Football Manager 2015 Features Video Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember booking my holidays off work back in early September. I still had about three weeks unused. I booked a week off in September (which allowed me to be off for my birthday too). I still had two weeks left and was told they ran out at the end of October.

I checked the rota and found I could have from the 16th to the 31st of this month off. I didn't realise until around mid-to-late September that I would mostly probably still have around a week to a week-and-a-half off when the Beta was released (I was assuming that the game would be released near the end of Oct/start of Nov). So, yeah, I can enjoy a work-free week of some serious FM.

This next week or so is going to be legen - wait for it - DARY!

Edit: Yeah... I did this in the wrong thread. But, to contribute to this thread, all the new features look really good. Like most people, the Tracksuit/Technical feature is the bomb. I want to love the Movember addition, but I hate mustaches. It's either got be a full beard or clean shaven for me!

What happens to your football club manager straight after a game? A mircophone is shoved in his/her face and he's asked for a reaction to the result along with several other inane questions. If he's lucky he'll get ten minutes with the team before heading off to the full post-match presser to respond to even more inane questions. Throughout the week he and his PA will be taking calls from the press, doing interviews and will then have the next pre-match press conference.

To say that the media interaction is irritating or pointless or that it adds nothing to the tactical side of the game is completely missing the point. To be a realistic Management simulator it has to reflect the near constant media interaction. And if anyone can suggest a better way of doing it, stick it on the wishlist.

It's the old game vs. sim debate. Would the game be better without media interaction in its current state? Many would argue yes. Would it be less realistic? Yes, definitely.

Having something in the game simply because it's realistic, even if it adds nothing else to the game, isn't a good enough justification for a feature. If it were, we'd have all kinds of mind-numbing stuff included. But rather than removing it or sidestepping it, the focus needs to be on making that part of the game more interesting and, in fact, more realistic. The media interaction in-game simply isn't reflecting the importance or interesting nature of media interaction with real-life football- it is an irritant because of what it means (or doesn't mean) in terms of gameplay, not because it's too realistic.

Lawlore answered this pretty well, all I would add is that (as it stands in FM2014) it is irritating and pointless - because the best answers are always the same ones, so it's just a box-checking exercise.

That doesn't mean to say it always has to be that way - I'll be delighted if they have genuinely improved this aspect of the game - not just added 'more' of it.

actually, there is no best answer. depending on form, morale (of your and opposition team) frequently same answer gives different results. to an extent it is same with the team talks.
This. Not to mention whether your team needs pressure put onto them or not. Obviously it depends whether they can handle it too.

Buzzing for this now. Is it sad that that I've pied off plans with the Mrs this weekend for a few days with FM?? Never told her that mind you!

Cmom SI give us an early treat before Friday! :D

I tried, but it's her birthday :(

If you all thought Press Conferances were annoying, I think SI should implement this (forward to 2:30)...

[video=youtube;biSIPUoE8bM]

Galatasaray Vs Fenerbahce Derby.

Lawlore answered this pretty well, all I would add is that (as it stands in FM2014) it is irritating and pointless - because the best answers are always the same ones, so it's just a box-checking exercise.

That doesn't mean to say it always has to be that way - I'll be delighted if they have genuinely improved this aspect of the game - not just added 'more' of it.

It will always be box checking until computers are able to converse :) which means improvements can only be adding thousands more lines of optional questions and answers with the appropriate triggers.

Roaming Playmaker doesn't drop as deep as a Regista and advances further forward.

Thanks, also any news on changes to Tactical Familiarity? I found this to be a real problem when tweaking my tactics, as small changes seemed to effect it a lot.

Archived