Football Manager 2015 Features Video Official Feedback Thread

Can't understand the complaints about press conferences. One of the biggest jobs a manager has is talking to the press. It should follow that a good manager sim should include a lot of press interaction.

I agree, but the press conferences tend to be repetitive. I usually end up sending the assistant because of this. If there was a more in depth press conference thing I would be more interested.

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply
press conferences should be made optional, just like playing with hidden attributes is.

I find it rather confusing, when its convenient real life and realism are mentioned, but if real life is the goal, then why not force people to play the full 90? remove player search? make it much much harder, so people cant gain promotion from non-league to the premier league in a matter of 5-6 seasons and champoins in the 7 season. Using reality as an excuse is a no go, it´s stupid and should stop.

It´s so simple it hurts..

My last save lasted about 20-25 seasons, this multiplied by roughly 70 games and a press conference before and after, plus those questions based on what another manager said. The same **** again and again and again. Fm is a tedious game, time consuming too, but shouldnt be just for the sake of it.

Hopefully real life isn´t the goal, otherwise this game would be way too time consuming. It´s a matter of introducing reality and the perfect game world to each other. To me, the perfect solution is to give me - the player - the possibility to design a game world that meets my preferences. Just like the hidden attributes thing. You gave us a choice, just like with fm and fm classic. or adding/removing a league. I also don´t ude player search, because that is a part of my perfect gaming world. I know, that not every feature can be made optional, but this goddamn one should. Each and every year we have this debate, which quite frankly coulde be solved rather easy i imagine.

By.. drums please.. making it optional, we all win.

It´s the future SI, you know it, i know it and everyone knows it, ;)

new FMC feature: disable-able press conferences

and a player search is somewhat realistic:

scouts would post any findings they do have (these forums in a small scale, but that requires a user to input details on themself)

like my profile for example has me listed as a long-time user (so lots of data) plus a location

compare that with a services company, they too would have data on you, with possibly some field agents (wait... scouts?) that update their information on you

particularly given that the player search is based on countries that you've got some knowledge on

and you mention press conferences, a realistic way would be making them mandatory (you know, like the bi-weekly ones that any manager has irl)

I'm pretty sure he might be tired of them too, but he can't even send an assistant

yeah, it gets a little repetitive after a while, but most press conferences follow the same path these days

J: How are the players feeling after their weekend performances?

M: Yeah, a few niggles to player X, player Y, and player Z, but they've pulled up okay

J: About player X, is his loss a big one for you?

M: Any first teamer is always a loss, but I feel we've got adequate replacement

J: About player A, he's been out for a few weeks, is he in line for playing today?

M: He's touch and go right up till kick off

J: You're on a good run, can you see it continuing?

M: Yes, we'll give credit to our next opposition, but there's a real enjoyment in training right now. The lads are keen

J: January is coming up, is there any truth to the rumour that you're looking at Player B

M: Sure, he'd be a nice addition, but he's currently contracted to ClubX. Can we do a deal? Not till January.

take a read of a CL manager's interview this week, it'll pretty much follow that

What?

I gave official patch dates, based on dates previously done.

What's your problem?

You most certainly didn't give anything official. If you can provide anything from SI saying those are the dates or approximations they are working to, I will buy you your game, because they haven't.

Forum headers - 2009 final version .3.1, 2010 final version .3, 2011 .3, 2012 was .2.2, 2013 was .3.1, 2014 was .3.1 - In other words, there have only been a maximum of 3 major updates in any of the last 6 versions (and possibly more). As already stated, there are often hotfixes (the .1 or .2s), but only 3 major updates. These are usually around release day/week, December and March (which also has a data update).

This is all easily checkable from the forum headers.

I really hope that they have improved player contracts.

ETC. that I don't have to offer my backup defender who is on 15k p/w, about 60k p/w just to prolong his contract. That has been one of the major flaws with FM14 for me.

Well I think that is just realistic. There are some players who are not ambitious and settle for less money and backup-role, but most of the players want to be first-team choice which is why they ask that much money and bigger role.

Well I think that is just realistic. There are some players who are not ambitious and settle for less money and backup-role, but most of the players want to be first-team choice which is why they ask that much money and bigger role.

Contracts were a little off last time , and some aspects have been off for a while. You still see fallen stars asking for 170k pw when they are 35 and been without a club for a year.

Contracts were a little off last time , and some aspects have been off for a while. You still see fallen stars asking for 170k pw when they are 35 and been without a club for a year.

This! I think this was one of my biggest problems with FM14. It made the whole contract renewal process such chore to do each season.

I know there was an option to let your staff handle contract renewals but I found that pretty useless. I found that I'd often end up with players in their mid thirties (and on the decline) being offered fresh 4 year contracts with a stupidly high wage.

Ideally, I would like my staff to handle contract renewals, but I'd like to be able to set a max wage, squad status and contract length for players aged 30+.

Ok "fallen stars" thing is something I agree with. :) It is ridiculous.

Are SEGA releases the boxed versions with different covers this year?

I ask as looking at 2 Dutch sites they have different covers.

The one you see just about everywhere http://www.bol.com/nl/p/football-manager-2015/9200000030786913/

One that have just came across http://www.nedgame.nl/zoek/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/football-manager-2015/

the second one has a minigame where you play as a manager of that size and stamp around downtown Tokyo. That's the only difference.

Just so i know which manager to put myself for when the beta comes out on friday... I'm more of rebuilding players through my youth U18 squad and signing 15-17 yr olds to go through my U18 program then signing 25+ yrs old players... which new coaching style would that make me in the new manager style after watching the video

the second one has a minigame where you play as a manager of that size and stamp around downtown Tokyo. That's the only difference.

You are not going to tempt me to buy FM 15. No you don't.

*gap*

Where is that pre-order link now?

This may have been answered elsewhere, but in the new features video, the sidebar has two different looks. One where it shows the icons and the description which takes up a lot of the page, and other more streamlined one just showing the icons. Is this customisable? Or is it just dependent on which resolution you're using at the time? The large sidebar is quite off putting in the new UI, but I wouldn't mind the thinner one so much.

This may have been answered elsewhere, but in the new features video, the sidebar has two different looks. One where it shows the icons and the description which takes up a lot of the page, and other more streamlined one just showing the icons. Is this customisable? Or is it just dependent on which resolution you're using at the time? The large sidebar is quite off putting in the new UI, but I wouldn't mind the thinner one so much.

I believe it "intelligently" expands and contracts depending on the screen you are in.

Guys...I'm sorry...I was way off the mark with the minigame idea. I'm afraid I've had a visit from the SI Licensing Fuzz, and due to licensing issues, Tokyo can't be used.

Damn you legalities!

Instead you will have to rampage around downtown Kotyo

Instead you will have to rampage around downtown Kotyo

Nah, it almost writes itself.

Que to Miles giving his pre-release speech...

..... "So they never ate the dodgy lasagne? Bayern Munich went on to beat your Bath side in the Champions League Final, now you can extract total revenge.

Your avatar, who is now giant in size can now destroy Munich, in this unlockable after he has finished devastating Munich he turns and says in his best Arnie impersonation ..... "Next time, try the lasagne!"

Just so i know which manager to put myself for when the beta comes out on friday... I'm more of rebuilding players through my youth U18 squad and signing 15-17 yr olds to go through my U18 program then signing 25+ yrs old players... which new coaching style would that make me in the new manager style after watching the video

Tracksuit Manager will give you buffs to your training attributes so one would think that would be the best selection for player development.

Not going to buy at least until the final patch is out.

I am sick of getting frustrated with starting a new save, then when a patch is released, my tactic no longer works etc etc

I am hoping FM gets better out of the box each year instead of the game needing to get frantically patched for it to be playable

Im not expecting many changes to this years game, but hoping its much more polished than FM14

I am however, expecting massive changes to FM16 in terms of player interaction, scouting system, training, and ofcourse a much improved ME

I love this game and the work SI puts in. Dont get me wrong. Just holding out until the final patch is released

Keep up the great work SI :)

Unfortunately having introduced press conference's they can't back track and remove them.

Everyone knows they are currently pants so they are forced to try and improve them. Having spent time improving them they might as well push them as a 'feature' for the release of FM15 even though the vast majority don't care.

As long as we can get our assman to deal with them and we don't SUFFER as a result of him saying stupid things that's fine by me.

That's the nub of it. As it has an in-game effect on motivation/morale, I feel compelled to click through them rather than leave them to the assistant. This adds absolutely nothing to the tactical side for me, as I always answer exactly the same way:

Play down chances of success to counter complacency, big up team cohesion and praise individuals when offered the chance, don't comment on other team's individuals or managers.

If I could order my Ass. Man to do exactly that, then fine.

What happens to your football club manager straight after a game? A mircophone is shoved in his/her face and he's asked for a reaction to the result along with several other inane questions. If he's lucky he'll get ten minutes with the team before heading off to the full post-match presser to respond to even more inane questions. Throughout the week he and his PA will be taking calls from the press, doing interviews and will then have the next pre-match press conference.

To say that the media interaction is irritating or pointless or that it adds nothing to the tactical side of the game is completely missing the point. To be a realistic Management simulator it has to reflect the near constant media interaction. And if anyone can suggest a better way of doing it, stick it on the wishlist.

Two questions:

Have the official minimum PC specifications requirements been released? If not, when will they be released?

Is Demo going to be released at the same time as Beta or?

That's three questions!

Specs can only be released when the game is released.

When the game is released.

No - the Beta is released before the demo.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/295270/

PC

MINIMUM:

Processor: Intel Pentium 4, Intel Core, AMD Athlon - XP: 1.6GHz+ V/7/8: 2.2GHz+

Memory: 1 GB RAM

Graphics: NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel GMA X3100 - 128MB VRAM

DirectX: Version 9.0c

Hard Drive: 3 GB available space

Mac

MINIMUM:

Processor: Intel Core 1.8GHz+

Graphics: NVidia GeForce 7300 GT, ATI Radeon X1600, Intel GMA X3100 - 128VRAM

Linux

MINIMUM:

Processor: Intel Pentium 4, Intel Core, AMD Athlon - 1.8GHz+

Graphics: NVidia GeForce 7300 GT, AMD Radeon HD 2400 Pro, Intel HD 3000/4000 - 128MB VRAM OpenGL 2.0 compliant

Specs can only be released when the game is released.

Specs for games are always released before the game releases, if they waited until after release not many people would pre-order games as they had no idea if they could run the game.

mark06 posted the specs, these were released over a week ago.

To say that the media interaction is irritating or pointless or that it adds nothing to the tactical side of the game is completely missing the point. To be a realistic Management simulator it has to reflect the near constant media interaction. And if anyone can suggest a better way of doing it, stick it on the wishlist.

It's the old game vs. sim debate. Would the game be better without media interaction in its current state? Many would argue yes. Would it be less realistic? Yes, definitely.

Having something in the game simply because it's realistic, even if it adds nothing else to the game, isn't a good enough justification for a feature. If it were, we'd have all kinds of mind-numbing stuff included. But rather than removing it or sidestepping it, the focus needs to be on making that part of the game more interesting and, in fact, more realistic. The media interaction in-game simply isn't reflecting the importance or interesting nature of media interaction with real-life football- it is an irritant because of what it means (or doesn't mean) in terms of gameplay, not because it's too realistic.

Well, that's the crunch question. Personally, I think there can be- if you think about it, a lot of what we do in game as managers is actually quite tedious. Taking a step back, this is a game in which quite an important part- several parts, in fact- is based around negotiating contracts. That hardly sounds like a barrel of laughs, but there certainly isn't the same resistance to that module of the game compared with the media interaction one. Nobody has really stepped up to defend the media module as it stands, and the fact that it's been a key area of development shown in the video suggests SI are aware of that.

And, to show I'm not just wholly ragging on SI, the distinction now made between broadsheet and tabloid could be a step in the right direction. In the modern day game, the media can make or break managers- I'm sure we can all think of RL managers whose track records are dodgy, but who are media darlings so they keep getting jobs, and, likewise, managers who have been treated rather harshly after the papers turned on them or came up with some revelation. In FM, this influence is entirely absent. As it stands, it makes no difference whatsoever who it is asking questions. I couldn't tell you the name of any of the journalists or news sources who turn up at the press conferences. They may well have stats and personalities (as I think they do?), but there is literally no difference in their approach, their wording of questions- there is nothing to differentiate them, and it's all too repetitive to navigate what is often only two- in some cases only one- sensible choices from the five available.

Tones tie in with this- I'll ask outright now, does anyone in this thread routinely change their tone for press conferences from the default "Calm"? I do for the odd question, but generally it seems pointless. Again, there is no obvious effect, aside from changing the adjective in an email. Maybe one or two players will get a "likes/dislikes pre-math comments" buff- and even then, it takes straying from the well-worn track of dull platitudes. What about the people actually consuming the news and using to help shape their opinion of the manager, the supporters? They're upset we drew with a team who were above us, but they don't give a damn that I'm telling the world this 16-year-old kid is going to be the next Messi?

I don't know exactly how you would implement it as a feature- I don't know exactly how to make what is there "fun". But what I would say is that the fun of the game comes from the depth it has- it always has- and media interaction as it is currently set up feels very shallow compared to the other modules. It doesn't feel like it matters, and partaking in it doesn't do much to add to enjoyment of the game as a whole.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. The media play a huge part in real life football, and to the careers of real life managers. And this isn't fully reflected in football manager at the moment.

I also think media conferences are unfairly bashed, they're definitely a step in the right direction in terms of the media playing a part in the game IMO.

Not really true, specs usually come a good bit before a game releases.

Edit : Seems they were on Steam already.

I'd actually seen them on their before and released by error after posting. I immediately thought - people are already pre-ordering so the specs have to be there.

Low and behold - typing in Football Manager 2015 specs into google worked a treat.

You'd think some people would try that for themselves...

Archived