Football Manager 2015 Features Video Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I shall certainly have a look at it, I really can not see it changing enough though.

I do get it, SI have to draw a line to what goes into FMC to make it streamlined and what does not, I also know that my idea of the perfect game is not everyones, that is why I fall into the hole in between FMC and the full game.

I want to search for players using as many scouts as I can, I want to give team talks, I want to be involved in training.

I do not want media of any kind, I know some will say I can send my assistant in the full game but it does not stop you having to deal with the media, transfer deadline day you always get questions from them, when you buy a player you still get bothered by them.

Maybe that is something SI can look at in the future, send assistant to ALL media, or just an option to disable it totally.

Just an example of a couple of things.

Know what you mean here.

I tried FMC because I am not too bothered about training, media and some scouting but bothered enough not to have some control over it so therefore prefer the full game. However I would like the Staff to be a bit more helpful and intelligent. For instance I have seen my Assistant run training and leave it on attacking set pieces for weeks on end and yet when I took over he was suggesting a different training approach for each fixture. I was thinking why didn't he show this variety when he was in control of training?!

If you could allocate staff to the various tasks and they do a pretty good job in those tasks it would be a fantastic help and would almost relinquish the need to have FMC. I know you can't have every staff member being brilliant so maybe your Chairman could come to you and state that he would advise on bringing in a new Head Scout as the current one isn't good enough or advise on getting a new Assistant Manager in something like that.

It just seems a shame that you can have a major effect on what happens on the pitch even if your tactics and squad selection is good merely by not having much clue on training or saying the wrong thing to a player or a reporter!

the changes look and sound good, and I am sure we are looking forward to the game being released. Many of us get a lot of enjoyment not only from the actual game but using the editor to set up things such as custom competitions etc is there any news please on the editor for FM15, there were several very frustrating bugs in the FM14 editor, some were resolved with the patches (thanks for that ) but some were not can we have some pointers on this it will be much appreciated, cheers

Animations look great but... it seems there's one problem SI are simply unable to fix - players gliding and ice skating all over the pitch. The actual graphics are fine, and have been for a couple of years now but this issue has been present in every FM since 3D was introduced. FIFA did this right 17 YEARS AGO! No, it's not the most important part of the game or what FM is all about but it does make me wonder whether it will ever be fixed.

Completely agree with this, although the ice skating effect didn't start happening until FM13. I started playing from FM10 and that version and FM11 had absolutely no gliding or ice skating and even the ball physics were much better then as well. I think the FM12 version was the same from the very limited time I played that one.

I know that it says in the video that what we see in the matches is a simulation, but I REALLY hope they get the players to stop gliding and ice skating and get the ball to react much better also.

the changes look and sound good, and I am sure we are looking forward to the game being released. Many of us get a lot of enjoyment not only from the actual game but using the editor to set up things such as custom competitions etc is there any news please on the editor for FM15, there were several very frustrating bugs in the FM14 editor, some were resolved with the patches (thanks for that ) but some were not can we have some pointers on this it will be much appreciated, cheers

This is one of my biggest concerns, my two favorite English lower league updates aren't going to update for FM 2015 (They have approximately 8000 subscribers combined).

i´ve been a member of this forum for a while, i´ve played cm and fm from the very first edition and i only seem to recall - once ot twice that is - a wish for media interaction. This was prior to media interaction being in the game.

Since it has been a part of the game, i cant recall a single post i´ve read which states "Please, I´d like more media interaction"

So my question to SI is, before you put something like more media interaction into the game, why not ask your customers?

Throughout the years, there has been several threads with this exact topic, as gamers are fed ud - some of us atleast - with answering the exact same questions. The assman is´nt an option, he´ll answer whatever the (biiiiiiip) he wants.

Why not have an option "hell no, get the media outta my game" vs "yeah, i like massaging my inner mourinho on fm, More media, please"

Looking at some of the features announced on SortItOutSI, I think the Movember feature is on the "tacky" side and not sure what this really adds to the game.

Twitch TV and Voice Chats? Mmmm. Might be nice but not sure how important it is.

I think we'll see the true customer feelings towards these features if the match engine is below par on day of release as people will then be asking why implement features such as these if the match engine is below expectations.

I shall certainly have a look at it, I really can not see it changing enough though.

I do get it, SI have to draw a line to what goes into FMC to make it streamlined and what does not, I also know that my idea of the perfect game is not everyones, that is why I fall into the hole in between FMC and the full game.

I want to search for players using as many scouts as I can, I want to give team talks, I want to be involved in training.

I do not want media of any kind, I know some will say I can send my assistant in the full game but it does not stop you having to deal with the media, transfer deadline day you always get questions from them, when you buy a player you still get bothered by them.

Maybe that is something SI can look at in the future, send assistant to ALL media, or just an option to disable it totally.

Actually, that is pretty much my idea of a perfect game as well!

I really do like some of the new features that have been announced

however I'm hoping that assistant feedback is a lot more detail as I have really struggle with tactics over the last two years or so

and finding is very frustrating to find out where I am going wrong or right with my tactics I believe a lot of other players having the same issues

and I was really hoping there will be more focus on this specially with the introduction of the tactics creator

will have to wait and see I guess.

Is there an Auto Rep equivalent you can use at the start of the game? I have always started FM Unemployed Auto Rep so I can have an even more random ''first job''

Or will you have too set yourself up in terms of ''Tracksuit'' or ''Tactical''?

Will your progress alter your personal stats and attributes?

Will there be a magic stat combination to give you the best chance of succeeding in FM?

Will Your tactical set up determine which Clubs are likely to employ you? EG if you are a direct long ball Manger and choose Swansea at the start will you have less success with the Club's preferred style of play if you try to set up the team to play that way?

Are Managers personal stats restricted in how many you can give yourself such as 100 points to share between each attribute?

Would you be able to be a Tactical genius if you gave yourself a ''0'' tactical stat so that you could use the points elsewhere at the start of the game?

Can we have more examples of Stadia in Lower League/Foreign Leagues shown in the future videos so that I can see how far you have taken this?

And can you alter your Favourite Club/s as the game progresses to cater for a time spent managing a team or will the Club gradually become more favored thus having an impact on your future Management Job's? And will you become a rival or disliked by other Club's fans depending on Interviews and comments you've made to the press or games involving your team/s and them?

Neil, are there any other changes to the financial side of managing a football club? Aside from the initial budget in may (which is a good thing). If I recall correctly a mod posted a couple months ago this was being looked at.

In previous saves the dividend payout to shareholders took a big chuck out of club funds (despite sometimes clubs making a loss due to interest on debts).

Also, in the finance overview section, the current season figures are always compared to the entire last season. Thus comparing for example two months to a whole year. Wouldn't it be better to have a sort of long term comparison? Or comparing quarterly?

I always try to have a sensible policy finance-wise. But especially the dividend payout doesnt make this policy very rewarding. Ajax for example, has not paid dividends in years, even though they've made healthy profits and are one of the financially most healthy clubs in the world.

It's been combined. If you have no knowledge of a player, it'll be exactly how it was in previous versions (ie no attribute shows up). And yes, as Miles said in his video there are more options for scouting players longer so don't expect doing a very quick 'report card' to give you all the information any more.

Apologies, but can someone clarify this for me.

If I was managing Barnet in the Conferance Premier and I had been there for a whole year and as a manager had knowledge of all their players and attributes and then went to a lower league club in Turkey, who had no or limited knowledge of English football.

1. Can managers take over their player knowledge to new clubs? As in would I still see all the attributes for those Barnet players while managing a lower league Turkish club?

2. Would they disappear over time and/or would the range increase as I had "forgotten" about them or they had moved clubs?

3. Players like Cristiano Ronaldo who most of us know has high stats for nearly everything (bar GK, etc) would all managers be able to view his stats without scouting him due to his popularity/famousness (real word)?

Thank you

I don't know if it's possible with the actual code but the game should be (or hopefully become) modular, no more FMC or the full fat game, just a single one where everyone could select (or deselect) what he's interested in, a sort of customization nirvana.

I have a few concerns, not covered in the video.

I´ve played every, single CM/FM and I remember back in the 90´s that the option of playing with random players gave you a pretty balanced pool of players in the game. For the past 10 years (or so), it seems like you try to replicate a lot of RL players in the generated world. That´s really sad and ruins the feature. Will it be fixed this year?

Secondly - and maybe part of the same problem - AI teams are simply not good enough to develop players, and there aren´t enough talent being generated after 15-20 seasons into a game. Simple searches in the database proves this in every version of the game, and it becomes crystal clear if I install a "cheat-program" and check it out. Top clubs with great tradition can´t field 11 good players, which is totally unrealistic. I suggest you let the AI teams "cheat" and let their players more easily reach their potential and further that you let the game generate more talent. It´s not a problem as a human manager to have a great squad, but it should be 10-15 top clubs with mostly excellent players in the game, which hasn´t been the case for many editions. This problem also limits the managers style of play, as it´s not a wealth of talent with different players to choose from.

Are these concerns addressed in the upcoming game? Anyway, can´t wait - good job making the game.

Rubber banding or boosting the AI will never happen, the new scouting system should be one area that helps level the playing field.

Well, sadly, you are not able to make a balanced long-term game without it - so far. I assume you are aware of the problem?

Hi Neil

I´m looking forward to start playing the game, but of course I have a question or two.

First of - I would like to know if "bugs" in the editor have been fixed. Fx if you wanted to change a thing in the Italian Serie A, you would have to redesign the whole league from the buttom just to change fx the prize money. The same for the Dutch league and others.

Is there a list of changes to the editor?

Will you make a complete list of changes to the game, or..?

And now the most important question - will you this year make the transfer window patch after januarys window right for the first time?

The patch makes all the right transfers (I think), but all the players will have changed from the beginning of the game, if you start up a new game. This is the worst thing about these patches, because it simply changes the game, if fx you coach a club without a lot of money to spend on transfers, and they have one big star who they sell in january, then they will miss him in the first half of the season eventhough he actually played that part irl - so to keep calling your game the most realistic manager game, then this little thing should be easy to change, so that you actually are very realistic.

New tactical options seem good. New tracksuit/tactical manager seems a great idea. On pitch shout/talks = finally.

Two HUGE pitfalls however, I'm calling it now.

1) Media -

Will ask more varied questions, will have the same rubbish answers and will result in a tirade of 'seriously, the media sucks'.

2) Player unhappiness, especially at treatment of another professional

I can just picture it now...

*Transfer list player*

Idiot A; "Why did you list me!? *rage*"

Manager: "You're surplus for requirements, because I play a 4-4-2 diamond and don't need wingers"

Idiot A: "I DONT CARE *throws toys out of pram* I demand to stay!"

Manager: "Er... no?"

Idiot A: *hulk smash*

Team meeting:

Everyone: "How dare thou mistreat Idiot A, we know he's a prat, but he's right!"

Manager: *explains situation*

Everyone: *HULK SMASH*

Board: "You're fired!"

Just watch... I'm sorry, I just have no faith in this particularly after this year's "well done" "screw you boss! talks... =/

The rest seems interesting though.

Same concerns as Batigol game becomes too easy/unplayable later on; hopefully the scouting revamp and smarter A.I tactics might help address this

Also maybe make the A.I play their youth more, nothing more frustrating than seeing a newgen with 4.5 star potential not getting a look in over a 35/36 year old

Okay, watched the video and read through these 5 pages... Here are my thoughts :

1. Track suit vs tactical (I'm undecided.. Let's see how that works out in the game)

2. Team talks in-match (thanks for this.. I specifically asked for this, and I was all smiles when I saw it in the video.. Called my brother to say that, men, they actually put my own personal ask in... Thanks)

3. Scouting.. Nice improvements..

4. Training : needs some more work imho

5. In fm14, players were quite bereft of passing options even if they had teammates very close to them potentially providing passing avenues.. They just seem to panic a bit instead of keeping a cool head and passing.. I hope this is fixed in the match engine..

I love the new features.. Well done guys and thanks for that in-game team talk.. We all have special things we want.., that was mine.

as for the side bar, let's have the option to disable it.. That's simple

then I also asked for a dark skin this year, thanks for implementing that too..

Not gonna be popular but to do with AI and such, I just feel it should be impossible for the player to take a club like Woking to playing in the CL within 15-16 seasons, realistically that would never happen.

People say that it takes the fun out of the game but if you want realism it doesn't really. Each club should have a potential, which if you go on the editor you can see it does anyway. But unless you're a large town or a city, you wouldn't have much chance of winning the top flight. Look at the history of football, every club in Spain/England/Italy that has ever won the top flight comes from a city or large town, Madrid, Valencia, Bilbao, Barcelona, Turin, Milan, London, Manchester, Liverpool, Nottingham this is because they have

1. the population=fanbase=finance (Valencia has 2.5m people, easy to get 50-60k a week to watch you from that)

2. due to the population of these areas it is easier for them to find talent, 5m people in Madrid, you have a better chance of finding 30 talented youngsters within a 30 mile radius than say Almeria that is sparsely populated in comparison.

I just feel that every club has their limit, like somebody like Bolton could be at the top due to its location, and the surrounding population, but it would realistically take 20-30 years of slow build up, bringing players through, then taking supporters from the surrounding areas of Manchester, Liverpool, preston etc to build a solid fanbase like Man Utd, Everton and Liverpool have now. Whereas to take somebody like Woking (that fair enough is in a large population in Surrey, but has to compete with Fulham, Chelsea, Brentford etc) to the CL is completely unrealistic, or if it was to happen it would take 30 seasons minimum, and as somebody else mentioned in this thread, thats where maybe the AI needs to be improved. Like Fleetwood now in real life, they had back to back promotions and flew up the leagues, but now they're finding L1 is maybe their limit due to town population, fanbase and resources.

For me i'd love to take say Stockport County to challenging in the top flight, but if I was to do that it would have to happen in a certain order, sort of the way it has for Swansea and Cardiff, and thats slow solid build up, followed by a stadium to meet the top flight demands, (minimum 20-25k all seater) then eventually promotion. It just annoys me when you take teams like York City to the Prem and you're still at Bootham Crescent with 9-10k a week, there needs to be some point where the board starts to match your progression/ambition as a manager and plans for a future in a higher division. Basically this might be in the wrong area and i've probably gone on tangent a bit, but i feel that needs to be addressed somewhat, obviosuly its not vital importance but its just something that adds to the realism of the game.

You should take a look at the Bulgarian team Ludogorets. Five years ago they played in the Bulgarian Thrid Division. Then they were promoted to the Second Division and then the First Divison the year after. That was in 2011 and now, in 2014, they play in the CL and almost beat Liverpool a couple of weeks ago and Real Madrid really struggled beating them two weeks ago due to underestimation. Bare in mind that Ludogorets are not a club with any significant history in Bulgaria and have a really small fan base. So, yes, it is highly uncommon for a team like Woking to play in the CL, but it is possible and the key point here is the transfer system, whilch lets you generate healthy profit from players easily and therefore enables you to improve your finances more rapidly than you would in real life, particularly when you have a couple of promising youngsters, which you could sell for 10-11 mill a pop. Therefore, if the transfer system were revamped in order to be more realistic, it would seriously hinder one's chances to qualify with Woking for the CL.

Been playing FM since the early days (CM etc), a big fan of the game, but I have to say that the press-conferences and the media interaction have been quite disappointing, what is even more disappointing is that nothing major has been done to revamp it for yrs now. You may say that this is just my personal opinion, but I know loads & loads who play the game and nearly all of them assign the press-conferences duties etc to the assistant or are do them without any interest. I hope this issue is resolved soon. Unfortunately I can't see it happening though.

These new stadiums are a nice touch, I wonder though if lower league stadiums are more realistic in FM15 than the ones in FM14.

In the video I see some huge arena's and a Brentford-like all covered stadium. Looks fancy, but what about grass banks, uncovered terraces and sheds that we find so often in lower league? I have been missing that lower league feel in previous FM's. Lower league stadiums look rusty in FM14, bus still all sides have covered stands. I expect maybe one small rickety main-stand and the rest of the ground just spectators standing behind some advertisement boarding, not bothered by all-seater policies.

Maybe the lower league grounds do arrive in FM15, but that's not clear from the video. Same goes for 'italian' type stadiums, oval with curva's and huge gaps between goal and terraces.

So disappointed at the new features. Once again, they all seem cosmetic and features that we won't even realise we're added. Movember?? Seriously ? What a joke. The generated player faces still look horrible hence why I turn generated pictures off. Hopefully SI can improve them next season and make them look realistic. I mean, my 15 year old defender who was generated looks 40. Bold, and the faces simply look poorly designed.

No news on AI SQUAD building once again. This is the most important feature, along with ME Improvements imo

The new skin looks ok but nothing game changing.

I was expecting much more and ultimately I'm very disappointed thus far. I can't stress enough how AI squad building needs to be addressed. The AI NEEDS to take more risks in their signings. After about 4 or 5 seasons it becomes too easy. For me, AI squad building feels scripted. You always know which players a certain club will sign which makes the game very unrealistic. This needs to be severely addressed for next season and continued to be worked on every year.

I'm happy about the new lighting. It's an improvement from last season but it can still get better. Watching a match on a bright sunny day feels like watching a night match. That's how poor the lighting was. Still needs work. All about match experience. Needs work but happy with the progress made

The training aspect doesn't show much promise and was really expecting more from SI. However i know it's a difficult and complex area and I'm confident this will be much better over the years to come.

Match sounds. This is an area which can be argued about. I believe it adds to the match experience and needs to be addressed and improved majorly. People listen to music while playing. Why? Because the match sounds are quite basic. I'm sure if the sounds were much improved and of higher realism, people would play with sounds on. Simple as that. CM 0102 had better sounds for crying out loud.

Media and player interaction. I'm aware there are many new lines added but like a poster above, will inevitably become boring and lame. Either thousands of lines should be added or the whole media and player interaction system needs to change. I'll leave the ideas to SI.

I feel the game feels scripted in a way. It just feels too mechanical. Hard to put a finger on it. For example, talking to a player or staff member is mundane and after time, you always know the right answer. Boring. This system needs to change to reflect football in real life.

I'm bitterly disappointed in this year changes. The game needs to be severely improved in different areas. AI squad building. Match experience. Tactics. Training. Interactions and more freedom in managing your club. The list goes on.

Hope to see heaps more changes next year and for SI TO STOP giving us these "thousands of changes" that hardly make a difference and changes that we hardly experience once we get a save going.

Won't be buying. Pro Evo and nba for me this summer (Australian) ?

In case you haven't read the whole thread MrHough I'll pick up a few of your points.

Movember is a charitable inclusion. It isn't a "feature" to get het up about.

Squad Building is refined each year and wasn't regarded as a "feature" worth talking about as it constantly evolves.

Match sounds are hardly a core component of the game. I can recall a Poll fairly recently on here which showed the majority of people who responded to that poll turn them off.

Adding lines of text is an enormous effort. They need to be translated into multiple languages and then linked cleverly into strings throughout the game. It isn't something to be taken lightly.

You mention this lot: AI squad building. Match experience. Tactics. Training. Interactions and more freedom in managing your club.

All of them appear to have been addressed to varying degrees so I'm not sure why you are so disappointed?

Why do people think these are all the changes? They are the major ones for sure, but we are yet the see the ME and some other things. FM14 was the best in series, every improvement on that will be even better. The game is released every year, you can't expect 20 major changes ever year.

Compare FM14/15 to FM09-13 and you will see how much they improved in only few years.

I have a question about the new SCOUTING:

Right now, it seems to me, that the system only increases the scouting time until we see all the attributes and star ratings (like in FM14). While this is a good thing, I'd rather have the scout reports to be wrong at more times than just imprecise for a certain while. On FM15 it seems that I just have to wait three months before I get basically the same report as on FM 14. But they have always been waaaay to accurate, especially regarding the PPA (perceived potential ability). I checked on a lot of U20-players and a 4 to 5 stars potential ability ALWAYS meant a high actual potential ability (for my Liverpool side that is PA 165-190, with the five stars being always 180+).

So my question is: Has the mechanism that creates the perceived abilities changed? I'd love to have that five-star talent of the century kid turning out to stop developing at 20 years because it already reached it's maximum PA, as well as the 2 stars average youth player, released on a free transfer just to become an international star at my rivals club, or - even better - have 2 of my youth coaches have completely different opinions about a players potential ability! That's what frequently happens IRL, and while scouting should not become totally random, it should be much less accurate. So has there been any change regarding that?

I sincerely hope SI reads this and makes this happen. This would be massive in terms of the development and revolution of the game. This is what realism is all about

In case you haven't read the whole thread MrHough I'll pick up a few of your points.

Movember is a charitable inclusion. It isn't a "feature" to get het up about.

Squad Building is refined each year and wasn't regarded as a "feature" worth talking about as it constantly evolves.

Match sounds are hardly a core component of the game. I can recall a Poll fairly recently on here which showed the majority of people who responded to that poll turn them off.

Adding lines of text is an enormous effort. They need to be translated into multiple languages and then linked cleverly into strings throughout the game. It isn't something to be taken lightly.

You mention this lot: AI squad building. Match experience. Tactics. Training. Interactions and more freedom in managing your club.

All of them appear to have been addressed to varying degrees so I'm not sure why you are so disappointed?

Sounds are turned off because they are very basic and horrible. Hence why people turn them off. Improve them and then redo the poll ?

Squad building refined each year!?? I Haven't realised any improvement in this area since Fm07.

New lines of text. Fair enough on that one.

Sounds are turned off because they are very basic and horrible. Hence why people turn them off. Improve them and then redo the poll

In your opinion. If we had perfect crowd chants, atmosphere and commentary I'd still mute it :)

Squad building refined each year!?? I Haven't realised any improvement in this area since Fm07.

It is refined every single year. This year managers have Role preferences and I believe that this will affect their transfer strategy, which is a new element to the overarching squad building logic.

What changes to the sound do you want? A crowd cheering is a crowd cheering. You can't have them signing the team players names, as in 30 years they will be retired and not have that option.

Do you want an announcement during the match asking someone to move their car? Do yo want to hear bones crunching under tackles? Do you want crowd reactions to hitting the crossbar, or missing an easy chance?

What sounds do you think need improving? And how would you improve them?

I actually did but i could only find people asking about it, nothing official..and i dont mean what u put on those links...

exactly..but it doesnt even have to be an editor...just an option to pick new designs when we get new sponshorships for example...

What changes to the sound do you want? A crowd cheering is a crowd cheering. You can't have them signing the team players names, as in 30 years they will be retired and not have that option.

Do you want an announcement during the match asking someone to move their car? Do yo want to hear bones crunching under tackles? Do you want crowd reactions to hitting the crossbar, or missing an easy chance?

What sounds do you think need improving? And how would you improve them?

Lets have Arsenal Clapping, Silence at Old Trafford and ''Whos' the Barsteward in the Black ?''

Lets have Arsenal Clapping, Silence at Old Trafford and ''Whos' the Barsteward in the Black ?''

The guy in the stands at all the arsenal games I go to just shouts "RUBBAGE!!!" all day. Or if not that he's shouting "FORWARD!!!". I can actually see the arsenal players pause, co©k their ear to his direction, and when he shouts "forward!!" you can see the team moves forward. Of course there could be more shouts from the crowd, like "PERPENDICULAR!"

Those would be a quality soundbites.

There's lots of links - and one of the links even has a way to make your own design.

What do you want me to do? Link to every site that offers kits? You can that yourself.

let me try again

I DONT WANT to download new kits every time i finish a season! I want the president or the PR manager to give me the option to pick a new design for the next season

let me try again

I DONT WANT to download new kits every time i finish a season! I want the president or the PR manager to give me the option to pick a new design for the next season

Not something a football manager does IRL is it?

Archived