Football Manager 2015 Features Video Official Feedback Thread

First of all, all UI issues. In FM14 it's very difficult to keep it clear who is "core national team", who are "only called in as replacements", and who are "promising youngsters". The scouting information just disappears often. Or if it doesn't disappear, it gets completely mixed, when on some players I see club's opinion (e.g. 0.5 star) and on some - national team opinion (e.g. 3 star for the same level). Better tactics training, when the national team after a few games together (or a few years) has really good tactic familiarity.

On second level, more realism with "in-form" players. In FM14 it makes sense to always call players with high attributes / stars even if they never play for their clubs or have really bad match ratings; in real life the players who are playing well currently are almost always called to national team ahead of benchwarmers. Scouting should be much less precise for national team, but the UI should help with statistical / form data to help choose the players.

Third, national team friendlies should take distance into account. I ended up playing Belarus exclusively against African teams in friendlies which is unrealistic. On the other hand I know that the US plays Czech and Argentina plays Portugal IRL.

Fourth, hiring national team staff / assistant coach is super difficult, nobody wants the job, even unemployed guys. And scouting assignments for staff are weird and don't give much.

These ideas would all enhance the international side of the game for sure. Really like and agree with them.

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've hated FM for a few years. I buy it because its a tradition, but it's not been good since the 2012 version imo. It's been phoned in, yet this year's already looks like the mojo has been rejuvenated, though I also thought that about last year!

Improved user face, hopefully cleaner, crisper and easy to navigate, improved match engine with Motion Capture, which is a big deal. My main gripe in past couple of years has been how awful the match engine has been. Looks like they've put that right and will hopefully only get better as they get to grips with the technology.

Why the 3d is so so poor? In 2015, it can not be even with 3D graphics makes for a decade ago.

http://i59.tinypic.com/mm5t14.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/2gwcf91.jpg

I think the FM year after year only receives minor improvements and the time has come for a major change. It seems more a mod last year that a new game.

While i agree that the animations and graphics in the video where poor, they are still a Work In Progress. Wait until the release product to see what the graphics are like.

• Administrators
I will echo what I've said on OTF:

Cons:

*The sidebar - maybe. I love the sidebar concept, but as I don't have a widescreen computer, I'm concerned that the rest of the display will be squashed.

Worth noting (have seen a few people with the same concerns possibly miss this) that around a minute into the video it shows the sidebar collapses to just icons rather than text when in a reduced display mode.

• Administrators
One thing I'd like from national management is greater interaction from the U-21s/U-19s.

At the moment it almost seems like an afterthought - I think you should be provided with much greater feedback from their games and their tournaments. One thing I've noticed is that tournaments such as the Euro u-21 Championship doesn't simulate in the foreground. When you manage a national team, it should. That would make most people more inclined to take a bit of notice of the youngsters on display.

If you're subscribed to the tournament it would do, it's probably an idea that if you're an international manager you should automatically be subscribed to those teams and the tournaments you enter, I agree.

A bit worried with all respect.

For the second year in a row the ME has been changed massively with new animations, despite the ME on 14 being very intelligent and impressive in places also being very frustrating in regards to animation glitches and things such as dodgy crossing and high scorelines. I was hoping that this year would just be an attempt to slowly upgrade the FM14 ME to the same level of stabillity and consistency of the FM13 ME. Here's to hoping that players actually play with personallity on 15, and you can tell the difference in class between players unlike 14!

Also lets remember that FM14 didn't actually showcase the heights of players in the match engine, despite all the 'improvements'.

I'm not sure if it has been announced yet I'm afraid. When it is I'll make sure a thread is stickied for it.

specs were announced @ steam :

gr Stam online status Send Private Message

Minimum system requirements have been revealed on October 8th for Windows, Mac and Linux on the official product page of Football Manager 2015 at Steam store.

FM15 is the most realistic, in-depth and immersive version to date.

FM15 System Requirements

Minimum specs required to run Football Manager 2015 are pretty much the same compared to FM14.

PC System Requirements

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 Intel Core AMD Athlon XP: 1.6GHz+ V/7/8: 2.2GHz+

Memory: 1 GB RAM

Graphics: NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel GMA X3100 - 128MB VRAM

DirectX: Version 9.0c

Hard Drive: 3 GB available space

Mac System Requirements

Processor: Intel Core 1.8GHz+

Graphics: NVidia GeForce 7300 GT, ATI Radeon X1600, Intel GMA X3100 - 128MB VRAM

Linux System Requirements

Processor: Intel Pentium 4, Intel Core, AMD Athlon - 1.8GHz+

Graphics: NVidia GeForce 7300 GT, AMD Radeon HD 2400 Pro, Intel HD 3000/4000 - 128MB VRAM

Will the tactic screen, shown in the video as just the player's name/number and position icons, have drop-downs available similar to that in FM14?

I use these drop-downs frequently in assessing player roles and depth chart information.

The screen shot shown in the FM15 video seems to only show the player's postilion icon and once selected references the player attributes screen to the left - no depth chart info.

Just to be sure I understood it correctly, I have a question about the Scouting aspect: it seems hidden attributes are now replaced by something more of a indefinite going from X to X+Y in Determination, or Pace, pr whatever attribute you want. In the previous FMs, you could choose between having hidden attributes for players you are not supposed to know well, or have directly every attributes for every player, even that Vietnamese 2nd tier guy you only sign for your PL side because he has a funny name.

In this Fm, will it still be possible to choose to have every attributes at the creating of the game, or do we have a more realistic (but for some, not as enjoyable) look and only have vague ideas and the obligation to scout the players to know if the 11-14 is more of a 11 or more of a 14 ? To be honest, I'm not sure I would still be as enthusiastic as I am now if I can't sign young players from Lesotho just because the chairman said Lesotho was too far to send a scout, and I can't decide if the guy deserve my attention because his attributes needs to be clarified by the said scout.

Sorry if I'm not clear, english is not my mother tongue, and I'm on a 28-hour run without sleep so it can be even worse to write in an understandable way :D

Worth noting (have seen a few people with the same concerns possibly miss this) that around a minute into the video it shows the sidebar collapses to just icons rather than text when in a reduced display mode.

I have a wide screen monitor and is it still possible to collapse the sidebar to icons even if your not working with a reduced display?

Just to be sure I understood it correctly' date=' I have a question about the Scouting aspect: it seems hidden attributes are now replaced by something more of a indefinite going from X to X+Y in Determination, or Pace, pr whatever attribute you want. In the previous FMs, you could choose between having hidden attributes for players you are not supposed to know well, or have directly every attributes for every player, even that Vietnamese 2nd tier guy you only sign for your PL side because he has a funny name.

In this Fm, will it still be possible to choose to have every attributes at the creating of the game, or do we have a more realistic (but for some, not as enjoyable) look and only have vague ideas and the obligation to scout the players to know if the 11-14 is more of a 11 or more of a 14 ? To be honest, I'm not sure I would still be as enthusiastic as I am now if I can't sign young players from Lesotho just because the chairman said Lesotho was too far to send a scout, and I can't decide if the guy deserve my attention because his attributes needs to be clarified by the said scout.

Sorry if I'm not clear, english is not my mother tongue, and I'm on a 28-hour run without sleep so it can be even worse to write in an understandable way :D[/quote']

I imagine attribute masking will still be an option at the start of the game but I'm only guessing, if that was what you meant.

Positive:

Scouting looks greatly improved, i wanted something like this for a long time. This will hopefully make Team-building much more of a challenge to the player and make it harder to find just hoard the next 5 Messis before anyone else can get them

Match Engine seems to look pretty good. As always with pre-release videos it looks kinda awkward and artificial but i have compared scenes in detail from FM14 and FM15 and i was pleased. Hopefully this will make players look more individual and unique now

Player&Media Interaction seems to have gotten a lot more depth. This makes me hope that it's much harder to make a squad stay together. In FM14 i can let a key player only play 25 out of 50+ matches per season and he will not complain. It is not clearly indicated that this has changed but it seems that handling your players is harder than before

Those are the things that convinced me to buy FM14 and i'm really looking forward to these changes. In FM 14 and previous game the only real challenge was to create a working tactic, Team-building was extremely easy (and addicting). I hope that Team-building is now a challenge itself too and not just a way to get your hands on superb players without problems.

Still there are a few things that i was disappointed to see or not to see.

Negative:

The UI. I don't care if it looks stylish or not but i don't understand the logic behind it. In previous FM games almost all UI interaction was on the top of the screen, close to each other so that eyes and hands didn't have to move across the screen all the time. Now it's the exact opposite. The left part of the screen is filled with icons and words describing those icons and on the top is the rest of the interaction, including a search bar that for some reason is the huge. If have to move from left to the top (right) all the time, which doesn't sound like it would be a lot of a hassle but it's simly inefficient and as far as i'm concerned a good UI is 1) efficient 2) provides a good overview. This sidebar-redesign seems to be neither.

Tactical Screen: Just a small thing, also part of the UI, that bothers me. The roles are now displayed on the left, next to the player name. I don't understand this whatsoever. It makes it harder to picture the role and the player in my tactical system. Yes, it says ''Centre right'' next to the role but that is still not as good as actually seeing that my DLP is on the right. Again i'm forced to switch from left to right with my eyes to get full comprehension. It's a waste of space and inefficient.

---Those two things, even though i'm really negative about them, are not THAT bad. A passionate player can always adapt to a less-than-optimal UI, it's only the surface and newbies won't care too much about the efficiency of the UI---

One thing i'm really disappointed about is that there haven't been made any improvements to training. Training is one of the most important aspects of managing a team. Managers observe players during training, shape the team through it and can put emphasis on many details. All of this is not really possible. It's extremely simplistic and could easily fit into the FIFA career mode. We have 2 options, we can determine what attributes our training focuss on (general training) and what our team will do better in the next match (match preparation). And that is it. This bugs me a lot, since FM is supposed to be all about football i really hoped that this year we would see additional depth to the training system. It's obviously more realistic than the previous slider-system but that atleast allowed more manager interaction.

The last thing i'm kinda disappointed with is the lack of updates to the tactical system. I was a fan of the revamp that happened in FM14, even though it was kinda barebones and simplistic and i really hoped that you guys would expand on that change in FM15 but it doesn't seem that you did. The team instructions thing is incoherent to the player. It's extremely indirect and we can't really tell what exactly we are affecting with our team instructions. I think that's why a lot of people struggled with FM 14 in terms of tactics, some probably think that not ticking ''hassle opponents'' means that you don't press the opponent at all. And this kind of sentiment leads to bloated team instructions with 14 instructions in place that in the end lead to nothing. So just the structure of the Team Instructions UI should be cleaned up, there should be more of an explanation and feedback how exactly our tactics will play out on the pitch. If we were to get this it would be much better than any tutorial or guide, because a huge problem is that we simply don't know how our instructions are affecting the way our team plays unless we analyze our games properly (which the majority of players don't want to do because they play to build up a team). Also i would wish that the game would allow us to determine defensive behaviour and offensive behaviour more clearly, but this has been discussed to to death.

I might seem very critical but i'm honestly looking forward to this game a lot. I keep coming back to FM because it's simply addictive (in a positive) way to build up your team from the ground, create a unique playstyle and have a career as a Manager. The additions to scouting and player interaction look very promising and i will definetly buy this game on Day-1 (skipping beta though)

I am not going to lie, I was very disappointed with the preview and also voiced my opinions in the off topic thread.

However, perhaps I was overly negative. But I would like to reiterate my feelings in the official thread in a more constructive way. I think, and I am sure I am not alone in this, that A.I squad building, transfer system, tactical system and the match engine are by far the most important aspects of the game. Yet I feel you neglect these aspects in favor for cosmetic stuff (e.g user interface) or less important aspects of the game (in my opinion) such as media interaction.

Now, I am not a programmer so perhaps I am spewing ******** and in fact, you spend a majority of your resources on the core of the game (I.E A.I squad building and the tactical system etc). However, as a customer with limited knowledge about programming, it really does feel as if you don't prioritize the gameplay aspects.

Again, not a programmer but a big reason why I feel this way is

1:Terrible game launches: FM 09 was the first FM I ever bought and also the only FM I have bought just as it released. Now I don't bother to buy the game until the game has been patched at least twice but usually I wait until the winter transfer update because you know that the match engine is going to be imbalanced and plagued with bugs. I don't expect you to release a game without bugs or perfect balance from the start, I know that's impossible. But out all the games I play or have played, the only game that have worse releases than FM was Battlefield 4 (And that was the first time in the BF series it happened to that extent, FM does it every year)

2: Number of patches: I understand FM is never going have the same support such as league of legends because of the different business models and the games differ quite vastly. After you've released this year's game it's understandable you allocate most of your resources on next year's release. However, you keep saying you do incremental improvements to the Match Engine each year so I assume each year's ME is 95% based on last year's ME. Then all the improvements you do during the year to the current version of the game will carry forward to next version of the game. So assuming my logic is sound, how much support the match engine receive during the year is a good indication on the amount of resources being put on it. FM 14 had 3 patches where they made changes to the match engine. The studio has a 100 people employed, obviously working on different areas of the game but is 3 patches to perhaps the most important aspect of the game during 12 months reasonable? Seems underwhelming to me. Especially if the work they do in the current year's game will carry forward to the next year's game.

Again, perhaps I am so wrong it is ridiculous and I'd love if someone from SI could correct me and say "Hey, actually 50% of our resources are put on improving the core gameplay". I am pretty sure I am not a minority when I say that I would much rather have a FM that is launched in a good condition from the start with an excellent ME and A.I squad building if we have to sacrifice half of the new features. If the ME is good I'll still buy this year's game, otherwise I won't. Lastly, despite this huge rant post, I'd like to thank SI for all their hard work. Football manager is my favorite franchise and I have had countless of hours of fun over the years with the games.

just my 2 cents:

the new user interface looks like you've basically dumped the manager menu into a sidebar - not a big deal for me, but will take some getting used to (hopefully you can customise some of those options)

the new "home screen" hasn't changed, looks almost exactly as the manager homescreen in FM14

promises tab looks like bug-city, or maybe that's just me (does look like a nice feature though)

managerial style looks interesting on a personal level, but what kind of impact would it have (would the AI pick a high motivating manager over someone good on the training pitch for a team that's struggling to beat relegation?)

finally nice to see the manager have some badges, but will you be able to customise the above stats when you get better (ie become more qualified) or is it a set-n-forget? (tracksuit for lower leagues, and then tactical when you're at a big club)

can the coaching badge in game be done solely over preseason (when it doesn't matter too much)

do the new animations come with some better ME cameras? or are we stuck with a fixed camera from 10 miles away? (where we can't pick anything out)

wasn't this lighting thing already in FM? I could swear that my players got 'muddy' when it was raining

match ball could be nice, that damn orange/yellow thing was a PAIN to pick out when it was snowing (or icy)

hopefully those stadium shots are actually visible outside of a match (or maybe a panning shot between highlights?)

nice that the slight changes to tactics are actually shown visually, rather than a static line (even if I play with a BWM and AP)

who the heck uses a 2-5-3?

nice that we've got a better visual on what the roles actually mean, hopefully should clear out some of the "ahhh, this game is useless, my players won't defend"

scouting profile looks interesting, but looks like the bands are in place of "enable attribute masking" and what about those that play with it off? does it change at all?

what's the difference between scouting a competition and looking at the competition stats? (and what if you don't have the league loaded?)

does the search bar at the top link you to some obscure things (like say you type in finances. would that link to your finances tab?)

can we tell a player that we want them to leave for some cash because we intend to release them? and it might be better for their development if they accepted this deal at lowly XYZ

new interaction looks nice, but also looks bug-city (as it was when it was first introduced)

will you still get a "training ground interview" if you're a tactical manager?

love that you can see the history vs other managers

please tell me that not all transfers will be visible on that "landmarks" page, could be REALLY annoying to see "signed XYZ on a freebie" 50 times before anything substantial

does look nice though, but nothing really groundbreaking... hmmm, the FM14 save still looks appealing

As a married bloke with kids I had promised the Mrs (as I have done since about 2008) that FM14 would be my last. However, after watching Miles' presentation I have almost been convinced to buy FM15.

There are a few things that I really like the look of. However, the biggest improvement for me is improved scouting. It always seemed a little unrealistic that you could highlight a load of players in different regions, assign a scout, and then the very next day the scout would provide reports for 3 or 4 players with accurate attributes in their reports. Forcing users to actually spend more time scouting a transfer target to get a more accurate assessment of a player is a big step in the right direction.

Damn you SI!!!

A.I squad building, transfer system, tactical system and the match engine are by far the most important aspects of the game. Yet I feel you neglect these aspects in favor for cosmetic stuff (e.g user interface) or less important aspects of the game (in my opinion) such as media interaction.

As you've already been told the first three areas are permanently ongoing projects which by its very nature means they'll never make headlines in promotional videos although they have a lot of resources directed at them.

The ME has a dedicated team which works on nothing else and that team had 4 new (extra) members added to it this year.

Your surmises on resource management are so wide of the mark they don't warrant response (don't base criticism on made up numbers)

Lastly, to claim FM is badly supported is preposterous and the fact that they continue bug fixing until the (completely free) end of transfer window update is proof enough of the lie.

Lastly, to claim FM is badly supported is preposterous and the fact that they continue bug fixing until the (completely free) end of transfer window update is proof enough of the lie.

and even then we got a 14.3.1 patch (After the transfer update)

to say that the ME and bugfixing isn't maintained is [frankly] ludicrous

also, I dare say that between March and Aug is reserved for other things, like (oh I don't know) working on a partnership with prozone?

Finally saw the video with the new features. Was very impressed with the ME. Players looked taller and therefore more lifelike. Was never a big fan of press conferences, usually sent my AM. Training doesn't seem to have been changed that much. Scouting looks like it has. On fm13 you could buy good 15-16 year olds by the time they were 18 if trained right they would be really good. Don't know if that happened on fm14 because I gave up on that. Im also hoping players are more realistic when it comes to contracts and wages especially youngsters. A 16 year old wanting 20-30k a week isn't. Also when I sign a player as back up I don't want him coming to me every week asking why he's not in the first team. If he does then I should be able to explain why he isn't playing. Same with player who is a first team player but the guy in his position is playing fantastic and averaging 7.60. I'd like to be able to tell him that but no doubt it'll be the same questions which end up with the player getting pissed off and wanting to leave.

I'm really excited about the new FM, love the new features. I think the Role Play part of the game, with the Manager stats and getting licenses gives a whole new experience, myself loving the Story side of playing FM. The Tracksuit manager looks perfect for LLM, I'm wondering if maybe you can start as full on Tracksuit and evolve into a Tactical Manager as your club gets bigger or you move on to another club.

I like the new Scouting system. Also, the addition of new roles is welcomed. I thought that last year the game needed more info on changes made to Team Instruction when changing mentality,fluiditity, maybe grey out some of the instructions so you don't close down too much, or things like that.

I have a question about the attribute view changes, is that a replacement to masked attributed or is it the new view and we can no longer opt for seeing the attributes as they really are, not just between x-y.

In-game unfortunately not. But I have spoken to a couple of people about producing some kind of external tactical guide. There seems to be a feeling of 'smoke and mirrors' when it comes to tactics and how they work and whilst there needs to be some aspects which have some ambiguity to them it should never be to the extent that people simply don't know what they're doing. Obviously we're quite busy, but I'm hopeful we can work on something at some point. Hopeful is different from being positive mind!

That's good to hear because I've found the combination of smarter AI and more variation in the roles too much of a challenge, and sadly I don't have the time to spend 100 hours experimenting to work out what the different roles do in relation to each other. I'm pleased the new roles are there - I would be very grateful for more info on what each does.

Why the 3d is so so poor? In 2015, it can not be even with 3D graphics makes for a decade ago.

http://i59.tinypic.com/mm5t14.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/2gwcf91.jpg

Yeah I think FM14 looks better than this...I don't know if the colors are off, or oversaturated (not in these, but in the Steam pics), or what exactly....are they playing on green shag carpeting?

you know synthetic pitches are a thing right?

as well as some golf courses looking like that if it POURS it down for a few days (like just avoiding a waterlogged pitch) - 2nd image especially

or could be a minimum-spec picture, cause why not?

Press conferences still use the same template after all these years. He introduced it as if they re-vamped the whole thing and I saw the same answers that previous FM games have had. I was impressed with a couple satires but i don't think it's the FM game everything has been waiting for. SI produce a great game every year but if they listened to the fans more often the game would be invincible!

However I will still be purchasing! :o

and sadly I don't have the time to spend 100 hours experimenting to work out what the different roles do in relation to each other.

Exactly this.

One of the things that stood out for me in the Q&A (it might have been the FV) was Miles saying that he see's FM as an escape for the players. Well, I am now in a job in which i have to work 50 hour weeks and my wife and I have our first bambino on the way so unless this wiki/external tactical guide becomes a reality, then the only escaping i'll be doing is to these forums in frustration.

Why not pay the guys on the tactical forum to make this guide? This will probably make it more likely to happen.

It's such a big part of the game that is missing and one that i hope will be fixed this year.

specs were announced @ steam :

gr Stam online status Send Private Message

Minimum system requirements have been revealed on October 8th for Windows, Mac and Linux on the official product page of Football Manager 2015 at Steam store.

PC System Requirements

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 Intel Core AMD Athlon XP: 1.6GHz+ V/7/8: 2.2GHz+

Graphics: NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel GMA X3100 - 128MB VRAM

DirectX: Version 9.0c

Mac System Requirements

Processor: Intel Core 1.8GHz+

Graphics: NVidia GeForce 7300 GT, ATI Radeon X1600, Intel GMA X3100 - 128MB VRAM

Linux System Requirements

Processor: Intel Pentium 4, Intel Core, AMD Athlon - 1.8GHz+

Graphics: NVidia GeForce 7300 GT, AMD Radeon HD 2400 Pro, Intel HD 3000/4000 - 128MB VRAM

Is anybody else worried when seeing these low minimum specs?

My pc is now almost 3 years old, I don't see that FM is fully using the power of my machine.

I hope that this will be the last year that we will see FM as a 32bit application, even my grandmother has a 64bit machine.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

Yes, I must admit my first reaction to the sidebar was "Wow, that's large" - but the icons only one was far less intrusive and much better I thought.

Looking good, can't wait for it.

Is anybody else worried when seeing these low minimum specs?

My pc is now almost 3 years old, I don't see that FM is fully using the power of my machine.

I don't see how you can make that assumption based on just seeing the minimum specs.

We're getting a new lighting system etc which will probably all be disabled to run the game at minimum spec.

Has fluidity been removed/amended. Noticed in tactics screen an option called team shape with 'expressive' and 'structured' options selected.

Based on that video, it received a name change. People got the wrong impression of Rigid and Fluid, so it was needed.

I hope that this will be the last year that we will see FM as a 32bit application, even my grandmother has a 64bit machine.

Why should FM be exclusive to 64 bit computers when it doesn't need to be?

I don't see how you can make that assumption based on just seeing the minimum specs.

We're getting a new lighting system etc which will probably all be disabled to run the game at minimum spec.

Based on that video, it received a name change. People got the wrong impression of Rigid and Fluid, so it was needed.

I was more worried simulation wise, AI squad building for example could be hindered by catering to the lowest spec.

As a software developer, I can say that a lot of improvements or features are just impossible due to this problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_4

"introduced by Intel on November 20, 2000"

I will echo what I've said on OTF:

Pros:

*GUI - finally it looks excellent out of the box

*Scouting - could not be more excited about this, if it works.

*Manager options - especially useful for LLM to be more "tracksuit"; also like the options to have multiple favourite teams and languages - although of course these aren't game changing features

*Movember - okay, so this is just a silly gimmick. BUT it provides the potential for newgens to potentially change their looks over time, which I think would be a neat feature.

*More player interaction (eg. ask them to search for their own transfer) - I like this.

*Job interviews - much better to feel like you can influence the interview

Cons:

*More media....seriously? The worst part of the game gets more repetitive and more in your face. Sometimes just because something is prevalent in real life, doesn't mean it should then be incorporated into a simulation

*It's hard not to think that FM is due a really revolutionary feature at some point. The last few years seem to be minor upgrade after minor upgrade. That said, I can't think of where I expect there to be a great innovation.

*The sidebar - maybe. I love the sidebar concept, but as I don't have a widescreen computer, I'm concerned that the rest of the display will be squashed.

If I didn't know the brilliance of the FM community to come up with amazing things, I'd fear for the future of FM skinning on the back of this UI. If SI put something out this good, the mind boggles as to what the community will do.

The sidebar - I noticed somewhere (I think in the video but not sure) that the sidebar was narrower in certain circumstances. Looked like you could dump the text and have icons instead. That saves a lot of room. :) (

I'm also pretty sure the regen pictures already display emotion, and so change over time. Sure they grin if their morale is very good...

Colour me excited!

It opens possibilities for new features and improvements if you design your software/game around it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/64-bit_computing

I'm not tech savvy, but if SI build a game solely for a 64 bit platform, then surely they marginalise the majority of their customers who aren't on that platform? Unless 64 bit stuff automatically is backwards compatible with 32 bit (these statements probably reveal my technical level :D )

By having a superior system, you will still benefit as you'll be able to run at a higher level of graphical detail, you will be able to load more leagues and process fixtures faster.

you know synthetic pitches are a thing right?

as well as some golf courses looking like that if it POURS it down for a few days (like just avoiding a waterlogged pitch) - 2nd image especially

or could be a minimum-spec picture, cause why not?

Also, god knows when these were taken; they could be months old. Until we have the demo running on our own computers, we won't really truly know what the thing looks like - for us. I'm reserving judgement, for now.

If you're subscribed to the tournament it would do, it's probably an idea that if you're an international manager you should automatically be subscribed to those teams and the tournaments you enter, I agree.

That's more of what I meant.

On a similar note - I really like to scout competitions when I'm a club manager, but always forget to subscribe to them at the start of the season (eg. u-21 Euros; u-20 WC, etc). It would be nice if, whenever a competition is due to start, you got a news item to let you know and ask if you want to scout it (or just give you a bit of a preview (similar to the end of comp reviews you get) telling you which teams/players are expected to perform).

I'm not even sure if you get that much of a preview when you subscribe to a competition.

If I didn't know the brilliance of the FM community to come up with amazing things, I'd fear for the future of FM skinning on the back of this UI. If SI put something out this good, the mind boggles as to what the community will do.

The sidebar - I noticed somewhere (I think in the video but not sure) that the sidebar was narrower in certain circumstances. Looked like you could dump the text and have icons instead. That saves a lot of room. :) (

I'm also pretty sure the regen pictures already display emotion, and so change over time. Sure they grin if their morale is very good...

Colour me excited!

They might well do, but I'd really enjoy if your world class newgen who looks like a ******** 16 year old throughout their entire career decided to change his hairstyle and grow a beard, or something :D

I'm not tech savvy, but if SI build a game solely for a 64 bit platform, then surely they marginalise the majority of their customers who aren't on that platform? Unless 64 bit stuff automatically is backwards compatible with 32 bit (these statements probably reveal my technical level :D )

By having a superior system, you will still benefit as you'll be able to run at a higher level of graphical detail, you will be able to load more leagues and process fixtures faster.

The minority (15%) are running a 32bit OS (operating system), that's why this should be the last year. I predict it will be 9% next year.

You should really go way back or very niche to find 32bit only processors.

Take in account that a large part is running a 32bit OS on a 64bit capable processor. So just installing a new OS would be sufficient.

Archived