How many games of the World Cup will you watch?

Gizzy

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As many as I can without skipping work or harming my social life - this will mean skipping matches to go to the gym or to the beach. So probably about a little more than half of the matches.

I did take 3 or 4 days off work to ensure work doesn't interfere with the Portugal matches and all the knockout matches. :D

There was a time that I adjusted my shifts and holidays until I could and did watch all games. Couldn't be bothered anymore, I'll let luck decide. Most of the times I have to work I can put a stream on anyway.

I want to watch as many as I can but will probably have to miss the 5pm ones. Unbelievably booked a holiday smack bang in the middle of the tournament too so there's every chance I'll miss a few the week after next :( Will miss Mexico v Cameroon tonight and got the Spain game recording, definitely going to watch Chile v Australia, Mauricio Pinilla and Ryan McGowan :cool:

So far I've watched 10 minutes of the Brazil match, had the Mexico match on in the background as I played MK8 and had the Spain match on in the background as I watched OITNB :D

So around about 30-45 minutes of Football.

Going to try and stay up and wtahc the England game tonight but I can't see it happening :D

Watched 2 matches so far...

Brazil vs Croatia and Chile vs Australia. Only watched bits of Spain vs Holland had to shift the TV from one end of the room to the other to get BBC to work. Tried watching it on iPlayer but it going too slowly.

Surprised myself somewhat - I've seen every game so far barring two - Chile v Australia and Spain v Netherlands (worked that night).

I'll miss the 8pm and the first half of the 11pm game on Thursday and I'll probably miss all of the games on Saturday but after that I'll catch almost all of them again.

Seeing much more than I expected to :cool:

I'm always watching all the games live if possible, if not I download them and try to avoid spoilers. Missed out on France and Switzerland games so far and still don't know the Swiss scoreline, although I know the winners.

Easier to recount what I've missed at this point. The last 20 minutes of Spain/Holland and most of Iran/Nigeria due to work (I watch at work if I'm not actively working), and all of Switzerland/Ecuador, the second half of Argentina/Bosnia, the first half of Columbia/Greece, and the second half of Uruguay/Costa Rica due to social engagements and church.

Watched every game live so far. :thup:

Will hopefully be able to watch all the rest of the matches live as well.

For the last group games with all 4 teams in the groups kicking off at the same time i'll have one game on the TV and the other on the laptop. :thup:

I've watched 2 a day since Friday. Except today. Only Brazil vs Mexico today.

It'll be good when the kickoff times are 5 and 9, I'll probably watch as many as possible then.

• 2 weeks later...

I am glad the group stage is finally over, it's too long and too full of games, the knockout stage should be much more interesting despite the lack of some top teams.

BrFoXBCCIAAcn-5.png:large

Archived