FM 2016 - Your plans

With release ticking down to just over 4 weeks remaining now I'm guessing people are going through the rituals of choosing a team with whom to start with, I'm just wondering simply who you'll be taking charge of this year...

Will it be your local team for the love of it, or one of the massive clubs because you support them?

West Ham interest me because of the impending Olympic stadium move but also the fall of the two Milan teams make them attractive offers, but as an Arsenal fan they are always the temptation!

Fire ahead...

With release ticking down to just over 4 weeks remaining now I'm guessing people are going through the rituals of choosing a team with whom to start with, I'm just wondering simply who you'll be taking charge of this year...

Will it be your local team for the love of it, or one of the massive clubs because you support them?

West Ham interest me because of the impending Olympic stadium move but also the fall of the two Milan teams make them attractive offers, but as an Arsenal fan they are always the temptation!

Fire ahead...

I went 'all in' and created a website, blog and twitter feed. I even created a whole back-story to my manager incl. failed playing career.

Please call the men in white coats! My wife thinks I am well and truly lost now.

Once i've a solid set of tactics i'll be doing the youth academy challenge.

Take a previously unplayable club as far as you can using only players produced from your own academy.

Only made it from Conference South to League 1 on fm15.

Unfinished business.

I'll be starting with Arsenal, same as always and see how that goes. Some years I get engrossed and do pretty much 1 save, some years I have loads of saves.

All reliant on getting a computer that works of course as my laptop has died

I'll probably start in Ligue 2 in France. Probably at one of the bigger teams who have fallen on hard times. So more than likely Auxerre, or Lens as I've seen them play before. I'll choose the one with the lower expectations as it'll be more of an achievement if I can (hopefully) get them promoted.

One journeyman save focused on sweeping up all the countries in Europe (with more attention towards the Hero achievements).

Another yearly Manchester United save, because while I think LvG is a superb coach and all, his playing style bores me to death. Will attempt to see if I can bring some Jurgen Klopp-style heavy metal football to Manchester. :brock:

Undecided if I will buy it just now, I have a good save going in FM15 that I am enjoying.

If I do buy it, straight to the make a club, lowest league in England, my son as the star striker with me as the AMC, hell maybe even stick my wife or daughter in the goal!

;)

I've just done a save in Fm15 where I made a rule for England, Italty, Spain, Germany and France that they couldn't have any foreign players, it's been excellent so far (start of 3rd season now).

I think I'll expand on this for FM16 and do it for ALL leagues and also see if I can change it so a player must be born in the country. It will be really interesting to see how it pans out for the international teams, the CL and the league reps.

Fenerbahce will be a good one with the inclusion of Van Persie, Nani, Simon Kjaer, and more. Plus they recently signed a lot of sponsorship deals so they should have a nice sum of money to play with too.

I start with a big club (usually Inter) until I get a grip on the tactical side, and then I start a new game with either a mid-table team, a struggling team or one that hasn`t won anything in ages in one of the top five leagues (mostly Italy, Spain or Germany), and I play that until the next FM release. Now I`m in my 6th season at Hamburg SV.

I'd been leaning towards Stoke given their exciting signings, but I'm now leaning towards my local team and the team I support - Bury. Some great signings in the summer & we've just signed Chris Eagles who is FAR too good for league 1. Plus we now train at Carrington - Manchester City's recently vacated training complex & surely one of the best training facilities in the country. So that will be interesting.

P.S

Whoever keeps telling S.I that Nicky Ajose is a club icon is royally taking the pee out of you, guys. Just in case anyone who can do anything about that in the game happens to be reading... :)

For me, the first game will probably be Leeds until Cellino sacks me!

My ultimate aim I've set myself for FM16 is to win every league and cup (not all in the same save - my PC wouldn't handle it and I've picked up a cheap tablet that'll run FMT better than Full-fat FM)

The plan is to have "regional" saves, so UK & Ireland, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe etc, all contributing to the ambitious overall target

EDIT - I'll start unemployed in each save, except British Isles, where I'l probably be unemployed after 10-12 games anyway

Archived