Football Manager 2021 - New Headline Features

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Arvid04:

Guys, when will you realize that FM is first a MANAGER simulator with a small part of a 3D game! :lol:

the "match day" should be the main important thing of the game. And for me this is the match engine but also the whole presentation like how the players move and the graphic too.

Edited by KiLLu12258

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of all the users on this forum. I'm the only one that cares about A.I it seems.

No new mention of any improvements from A.I

No one talks about issues they have with A.I

there is no reward or satisfaction in winning in this game at all

Edited by kingking

Well when I checked a prices for new PC I convinced one more time that SI could rethink vision of FM versions for nextgen consoles :D 
New Xbox and PS5 are supporting mouse and keyboard so it will be great to play in full FM version by them :hammer:

@Neil Brock ;) 

thumb_help-me-obi-wan-kenobi-youre-my-only-hope-when-i-59967260.png

upd - I realize that its impossible for FM21 but I'm talking about next editions

Edited by Novem9

45 minuti fa, kingking ha scritto:

Out of all the users on this forum. I'm the only one that cares about A.I it seems.

No new mention of any improvements from A.I

No one talks about issues they have with A.I

there is no reward or satisfaction in winning in this game at all

There are a lot of talk by users about A.I. 

There is a thread in the first page of this section. 

and in this topic we discuss how have such low system req could stop SI ti improve AI. 

2 hours ago, Tiger666 said:

I've yet to see anything that interests me for FM21. I ignore all this stuff. All press conferences, tunnel interviews go to my assistant. I scout all my players manually. I'm hoping the Match Engine is a big improvement.

agreed. Sorry to say but QoL improvements and some social media tweets update can be done free via a Patch. Charging us a full price for a largely QoL improvement? Ridiculous.

But i'm just gonna wait for the ME & AI features update before judging.

3 hours ago, Arvid04 said:

Guys, when will you realize that FM is first a MANAGER simulator with a small part of a 3D game! :lol:

The crying on here is unbelievable. Its like fm is the worst game ever. Especially the ones that are posting other games as example. Go play those then ffs.

But if you look at it another way its pretty normal there's only complaints here. The people that enjoy the game are too busy playing it

Edited by Buffalo12

vor 9 Minuten schrieb forameuss:

No, "everyone" doesn't do that.  The few that do - and I mean the really good, really well thought-out suggestions - often get drowned out by the noise, including the ones that just think they're offering really good, really well thought-out suggestions.

every critic is a lot more then those people just playing fm do. 

Community is very important.

Edited by KiLLu12258

33 minutes ago, forameuss said:

No, "everyone" doesn't do that.  The few that do - and I mean the really good, really well thought-out suggestions - often get drowned out by the noise, including the ones that just think they're offering really good, really well thought-out suggestions.

Well it's pretty much the same thing in all aspects of life 😏

For all the complaining about the me, AI etc; I believe nothing substantial will happen until the minimum system requirements are substantially higher.

I still love the game anyway, its the only one where I play 500+ hours every year since 1998.

23 minutes ago, rosque said:

One thread I will avoid until I hit 1000 hours of the game :D 

I'm going to avoid it it until I've done 10-20 games, write down any ME bugs/ abnormalities & only then see what others think 

2 hours ago, legnerschorsch said:

Stumbled upon this one:

I guess this is a real niche product. Still, overall graphics are at least on the same level and regarding the stadiums, IMO they are better.

Haven’t played the new version yet but the game have been suffering from match engine problems even moreso than FM.

9 minutes ago, Lexis said:

Mind numbing to see these are the features they are focusing on. Mind numbing.....

Mind numbing that people do not see that Miles, on his personal accounts, and as already stated by himself is only doing QoL features is announcing exactly that - QoL changes.

1 hour ago, ajt said:

Well it's pretty much the same thing in all aspects of life 😏

For all the complaining about the me, AI etc; I believe nothing substantial will happen until the minimum system requirements are substantially higher.

I still love the game anyway, its the only one where I play 500+ hours every year since 1998.

I'm not sure suddenly getting more processing power is automatically going to fix the really-hard-to-shift ME errors.  Sure it might make it look better to be able to better display things, but you can put lipstick on a pig, it'll still be a pig.

24 minutes ago, rosque said:

Mind numbing that people do not see that Miles, on his personal accounts, and as already stated by himself is only doing QoL features is announcing exactly that - QoL changes.

They advertised that in their main feature list under the matchday experience thing :)

How is Twitter reactions in game quality of life ? :))))  It doesn't get more fluff and useless content than that :))

I must say I don't care for Miles to suggest FMT as a 1:1 replacement for the game only without player interactions... FMT also doesn't give you the option to build a backroom staff, set training schedules, or set up a scouting network. Plus they intentionally make the game feel cheap by including the microtransactions (I will never shut up about it!) at every turn. 

6 minutes ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

I must say I don't care for Miles to suggest FMT as a 1:1 replacement for the game only without player interactions... FMT also doesn't give you the option to build a backroom staff, set training schedules, or set up a scouting network. Plus they intentionally make the game feel cheap by including the microtransactions (I will never shut up about it!) at every turn. 

And that is what the lad is exactly asking in that tweet. He just directs him to FMT...

14 minutes ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

That’s why there is a suggestion forum.

idk why gamers are so passive aggressive these days.

*Not talking about you*

1 hour ago, Zemahh said:

Unironically, text commentary can still be more immersive than 3D animations which you can't take at face value anyway. Good luck distinguishing between a bad shot or a good save, a goalkeeper error or a good finish, a missed interception or a great pass... Seeing my 17 Agility centre-back have a turning circle of an eighteen-wheeler, or a goalkeeper booting the ball straight into opposition striker's face, only for it to not even be counted as a mistake made me lose all trust in 3D animations. These days I only use 2D and gladly fill the blanks in myself, rather than lose immersion completely watching my players ice skate on grass.

I've said it before, although I understand SI are rightfully proud going from a text-only game to full-on 3D animations, the current state of graphics is doing the whole game a huge disservice. Majority of people don't know the animations are just a tiny visual layer on top of all the calculations the match engine does in the background, so they equate bad animations with bad match engine. Not only do they think the game looks nothing like real football, they also think the match engine is way off (which it isn't, since stats can be quite realistic).

But now the 3D engine is here and SI should have the responsibility to make it look good enough for modern standards. "Graphics don't matter in FM" is no longer a valid excuse, when they themselves are pushing the 3D engine at every opportunity (to the point I'm afraid 2D will one day be gone for good out of nowhere). Making FM more visually appealing would not only make the match engine easier to read, but also open it to a whole new market of customers. Your average Joe will not touch this game with a ten foot pole regardless of how realistic it claims to be, when there's indie mobile games that look better.

Text commentary is actually one of the weirder sides of the game. I know there are a few lines that are like league-specific? Even though my game's in English, when I would score a good goal or a match winner in Liga MX sometimes it would mimic the Mexican commentary style and go all crazy with like GOAL GOAL GOAL GOAL GOOOOOOOAL! 

But overall, I think everyone knows the 3d animations need a little bit of help, and I would like to see the commentary do more to "gussy up" the action: tell me what a good save is, what a good pass is etc.

15 minutes ago, Lexis said:

Are you joking? The suggestion and bug forums are filled.

Yea with people who take action. I didn't say no-one post there.

Example, there isn't any topic specific about a stadium creator. There was a conversation about the ability to create a stadium inside the game as a manager which have been shot down but there's nothing about a stand alone stadium creator that would work like the pre game editor...

And that's been a feature that a lot of people in this very thread were disappointed about...

18 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Example, there isn't any topic specific about a stadium creator. There was a conversation about the ability to create a stadium inside the game as a manager which have been shot down but there's nothing about a stand alone stadium creator that would work like the pre game editor...

There have been several threads suggesting that idea. Are you looking in only one subforum (reviewed suggestions get moved to a separate subforum)?

3 hours ago, Viking said:

In my days all we had was commentary and our imagination. Kids these days are fat and spoiled. Now where's that old man emoji?

👴

2 hours ago, saihtam said:

image.png.9a38acb5329cc2fd220acffdce9bb1ca.png

:onmehead:

😮😥😰 Unlucky dude , Joga Simples talk about adding features Miles talk about playing with less features

🤷🏻‍♂️I think it says a lot more than you might think

Edited by destmez

Frankly I'm happy enough with some improvements to the ME and an updated database each year. Squad building is plenty good enough as it is imo. The rest of the guff like media interaction and twitter reactions should be removed from the game entirely as far as I'm concerned, it's repetitive rubbish that adds nothing to the fun factor. 

17 minutes ago, SmurfDude said:

The rest of the guff like media interaction and twitter reactions should be removed from the game entirely as far as I'm concerned, it's repetitive rubbish that adds nothing to the fun factor. 

For you ;)

3 hours ago, saihtam said:

image.png.9a38acb5329cc2fd220acffdce9bb1ca.png

:onmehead:

If I had a twitter count, my reply would be. Can't play FMT, no Editor. ;)

2 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

That’s why there is a suggestion forum.

idk why gamers are so passive aggressive these days.

*Not talking about you*

Some gamers are quite aggressive, because they don't share your view of game improvements should be. The above features, are realistic, but pointless. Irony is on me is I avoid social media and have to interact with social media with Artificial Intelligence... on computer game... This IS truly the meaning of life.

Some have requested several stuff for years that yet hasn't been delivered. Yes, I'm going to touch it. I ask for FMT Editor since FM Classic was introduced in FM13, released in 2012. That is 8 years... 8 years... requesting for a feature. For whatever, reasons, Miles think that adding social media, to the game is far more important then a FMT editor.

15 minutes ago, grade said:

If I had a twitter count, my reply would be. Can't play FMT, no Editor. ;)

Some gamers are quite aggressive, because they don't share your view of game improvements should be. The above features, are realistic, but pointless. Irony is on me is I avoid social media and have to interact with social media with Artificial Intelligence... on computer game... This IS truly the meaning of life.

Some have requested several stuff for years that yet hasn't been delivered. Yes, I'm going to touch it. I ask for FMT Editor since FM Classic was introduced in FM13, released in 2012. That is 8 years... 8 years... requesting for a feature. For whatever, reasons, Miles think that adding social media, to the game is far more important then a FMT editor

What is your pronostic for stadiums editor 😂 ?(in a time range ) 8 years 😲

Edited by destmez
A

11 minutes ago, grade said:

Yup. It has been that long... How time flies.

This year there is a man who made a request about players physical conditions depending on altitude he had really made a very good suggestion, he had relied on real data the players who came to play at high altitude got tired more quickly and this had an impact on the result but unfortunately his idea had not yet been implemented