Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

4 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Have they removed the ability to view other games this year? I used to be able to click on the fixture and it would change to 'attend', but I can't seem to do that now. I know you can go back and watch matches already played, but I liked this feature if I'd applied for a job at a club or wanted to watch a scouted player, etc. 

I have asked this very same question twice on this thread but not seen a definite answer to it.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, bigmattb28 said:

I have asked this very same question twice on this thread but not seen a definite answer to it.

With regards to them removing that functionality for network games: in FM18 it was discovered that the trigger for a major bug that players were experiencing was the viewing of each other's games. So I don't think it would be too farfetched to come to the conclusion that they've removed that functionality to stop that trigger. That said, the major bug in question has still managed to present itself during the beta (facepalm).

22 minutes ago, Vicz said:

With regards to them removing that functionality for network games: in FM18 it was discovered that the trigger for a major bug that players were experiencing was the viewing of each other's games. So I don't think it would be too farfetched to come to the conclusion that they've removed that functionality to stop that trigger. That said, the major bug in question has still managed to present itself during the beta (facepalm).

I've never played a network game on FM but as part of the game I do like viewing other teams fixtures, especially if you're linked to the job of 1 of the teams playing, adds to the immersion of it when the news report says you were spotted at the game. Here's hoping it's picked up and sorted for Friday.

34 minutes ago, 91427 said:

Is the thing where almost every player bunches up in the 6 yard box for wide free kicks etc a known issue? 

You can always check around the Bug section and see if it is, if not then I suggest you post a topic.

17 hours ago, StevehFC said:

The fact the crossing issue hasn't been fixed in the last few years is absolutey ridiculous and there's no excuses for it. 

We can only hope that it's managed better in the full release but I've always wondered what's point of adding new features (excepting marketing purposes) when there are still some issues that are not fixed?

Edited by Armistice

One thing that I have been very happy about is players putting in transfer requests when you've told them they'll be sold and they agree. Next inbox message is the player putting in the transfer request. I'm assuming that this takes away the loyalty fee. That always bothered me on FM18 and had to pay up as well as losing an unhappy player on the cheap.

Another thing. These screenies on the club page. Are they meant to be empty?

ddad359faba6afad622abaa9aaa070e0.png
https://gyazo.com/ddad359faba6afad622abaa9aaa070e0

https://gyazo.com/b26a5f0379cc9a5f474af2066c201348

Another disappointing release from SI, why haven't crossing been fixed???!!! Almost all goals in the match engine comes from crosses...What I don't understand is how this was not a priority to fix since FM 18 had the same issue.

What's the point with adding all these new features when something as fundamental as the match engine is completely flawed??

1 hour ago, Armistice said:

You can always check around the Bug section and see if it is, if not then I suggest you post a topic.

We can only hope that it's managed better in the full release but I've always wondered what's point of adding new features (excepting marketing purposes) when there are still some issues that are not fixed?

Because some people wanted them? And because dealing with one doesn't preclude the other?

I'm starting to wonder if the new training system is broken.

What prevents someone from spamming recovery sessions?

Every match I end up with all players on low injury now, with an extra recovery session between matches. Recovery seem to be entirely without negative effect except it is a session that isn't used for some training, but since the game does recovery rest rest after match, you might as well change one rest to recovery.

I just can't be bothered trying to figure out how exploitable the new training system is.

The players fitness side of this game is absurd , I got always 2 or 3 player that I need to rest after a game even tho they played like a week before and the training is on light or medium, my grandma got more energy then this kids playing, anyoine got the same issue ??

P.S, Too many injury too I got at least one player after a game injured sometimes more then one, I tell you they got down like a sack of potato !

31 minutes ago, borisbachalov said:

Another disappointing release from SI, why haven't crossing been fixed???!!! Almost all goals in the match engine comes from crosses...What I don't understand is how this was not a priority to fix since FM 18 had the same issue.

What's the point with adding all these new features when something as fundamental as the match engine is completely flawed??

If you play a bit deeper you can sway the goals to come more from central areas. In terms of high press and trying to get more of a #10 creator, i think thats being looked at. So come full release or maybe the next big patch... This will hopefully improve.

Also the most basic concept tactically - defend narrow (deny space) , attack wide (stretch play)... So stylistically the ball is often ushered out wide, its natural course of the game. Its just that perhaps too many of the crosses result in goals or set piece. 

In terms of the silky through balls everyone craves... Thatd be great if more happen... But i would like it better restricted to players with the right attributes... Rather than just an arbitrary balance of goals across all teams, all levels for crosses vs through balls. 

Hi 

Just wondering if the functionality for arguing when the board accepts transfers has been removed from the game, or if it now doesnt appear sometimes? Because no offense, but if im trying to play as Aston Villa and the board sells Jack Grealish right as I'm about to get promoted to the premier league AND I can't even tell them im leaving the club if they do it.... thats a joke.

18 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

There's only one manager I give a hoot about regarding their performance. Me. 

And you're one amongst many in the majority who are just the same. To rephrase the general attitude: As long as I win, who cares? NOthing wrong with that whatsoever! But hence, the game's AI talked about. From SI's end, the priorities make perfect sense. Thus the remark: "You can't blame SI" in my biggie post, and how most FM players at "worst" tend to complain about weird possession stats that don't match what is broadcast on telly every other week. This will typically last a couple of weeks into the release -- upon which they're all back to winning some more. This is the same understandable bias at work as in the bugs/injuries forums, etc. Something that tends to directly produce player frustration is ten times more likely and fiercely to be reported.

Hence, the very one-sided injury reports etc. every year (when the vica versa, too few injuries, would never be reported -- ditto for tactics that seem to borderline break the core engine). Naturally, AI "Issues" tend to not produce player frustration, but rather tends to avoid it, as that winning may be a (a bit) more likely to come by (directly and indirectly -- AI drop points all over the season, not merely against the human manager). In terms of AI there is likely a threshhold though. If the wins felt cheap as the AI does obviously stupid (perhaps consistently playing 1-3-6 formations), then there may be a bit more outcry over things. :D "Unfortunately"; the AI issues that tend to be there aren't quite on that level. Actually, oft times you would need to watch their matches some, which likely not very many players do.

Btw, I personally don't think Guardiola will have that tightly a grip over the Prem as the purely results last term seem to suggest, as realistically, this is the most competitive football league around (at the top, anyways). The gaps in quality (in management too) just aren't that big. I think of Pep simply as a stand-in for all the few more "elite" managers that on FM simply don't tend to stick out from the crowd much. Whether they should or shouldn't is ultimately what it comes down to, and you're either of the opinion they should, or they shouldn't. All fine!

Edited by Svenc

I've been playing this game since CM days, usually I don't buy it in beta I guess I was too excited about new tactics and AI changes. This is the first time I feel so disapointed and sad actually with the game, since it's the only computor game I play. I'm winning all my games with West Ham just hitting continue button. I managed to beat Chelsea 6-0. Also why are all goals scored after crossing or set pieces/corners? Can I expect this to improve with full release?  

9 minutes ago, GerdMuller said:

I am preparing to keep playing FM 17 until February patch then. But i still have hope,Pre release critic here has always been harsh..who knows...on the other hand as i said, i do have my backup plan, there was a reason didnt buy 18 either.

good choice i have both 17 and 19 installed at the moment but not feeling to play any. waiting for the patch.   

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Miravlix said:

I'm starting to wonder if the new training system is broken.

What prevents someone from spamming recovery sessions?

Every match I end up with all players on low injury now, with an extra recovery session between matches. Recovery seem to be entirely without negative effect except it is a session that isn't used for some training, but since the game does recovery rest rest after match, you might as well change one rest to recovery.

I just can't be bothered trying to figure out how exploitable the new training system is.

There is a maximum number of times each session can be performed each week.

54 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

So stylistically the ball is often ushered out wide, its natural course of the game. Its just that perhaps too many of the crosses result in goals or set piece. 

No, the issue is that there are too many crosses. In real life teams average 20 or so, in FM its often triple that number.

3 hours ago, Armistice said:

Spot on. Why should we have to upload the same issues every year if they aren't gonna be fixed. 

12 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

No, the issue is that there are too many crosses. In real life teams average 20 or so, in FM its often triple that number.

True thats a big issue too...part of that, not all, is down to the difference in what fm calls a cross and what opta etc call a cross.

I raised this earlier in the stupid question thread (tactics forum) and may post it as a bug later, tho im sure it will have been raised before. My assists on the assist location image are mostly central or from in my own half... But numerically its telling me i have most assists from crosses and none from long balls or medium range. I can show a number of direct passes that have assisted a goal.. So something very wrong

Just now, westy8chimp said:

True thats a big issue too...part of that, not all, is down to the difference in what fm calls a cross and what opta etc call a cross.

I raised this earlier in the stupid question thread (tactics forum) and may post it as a bug later, tho im sure it will have been raised before. My assists on the assist location image are mostly central or from in my own half... But numerically its telling me i have most assists from crosses and none from long balls or medium range. I can show a number of direct passes that have assisted a goal.. So something very wrong

There are some balls counted as crosses that shouldn't be, for sure.  But if you go into the passes screen in analysis and just count the balls from out wide into the box yourself using the diagrams, there are still far too many.

So I'm a few games in to my second season as Aston Villa. I walked the league and gained promotion, but over the summer I noticed what I feel are some 'strange' managerial moves;

• Unai Emery sacked by Arsenal mid December (they were doing okay so you could kinda forgive this) but still think it was a bit soon?
  • Rafa Benitez replacing him - Fair enough, not too odd.
  • Lopetequi & Valverde sacked at the end of the season, replaced by Ancelotti & Max Allegri respectively - Barca/Madrid did finish 3/4 so again, understandable.
  • Pep Guardiola leaving City for Juventus to replace Allegri. Klopp replacing Pep at City - this is where it gets a bit unusual for me.
  • Wenger coming in as manager of Liverpool.
  • Tuchel sacked at PSG for finishing 2nd - replaced by Conte. Fair.

Then to add to this, we have basically every big team overhauling their squads.

• United (who kept Mourinho on surprisingly) signed Adrien Silva and Camacho in the first summer, Silva not getting a game now and Camacho loaned out. They signed Icardi in Jan, and Kane in the summer. As well as Benatia, Ndidi, Tierney and Suso.
  • Liverpool sold Mane and Matip to Madrid for about £120m
  • City have signed Weigl, Jonas Hector, Zaha (in 18/19) and Varane, Gaya and Ramsey this summer. All whilst only loaning out Mahrez and Gundogan.

There are more 'unrealistic' (imo of course) transfers - Arsenal have gone a bit wild - but these are a few little examples. As well as this, and one thing that kills me is United have changed a load of squad numbers. Pogba 14, Herrera 10, Lukaku 15, Rashford 16.

Does this seem a tad unrealistic to anybody else or am I over-exaggerating? I get that teams replaced managers due to poor positions - but would Pep leave City for Juve at the end of this season? Would Klopp likely go to City? Would United spend £200m on two world class strikers to compete with Lukaku? Would all of this happen in such a short space of time?

7 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

It's not just the stats it's what's actually happening on the pitch. Over 80% of my chances creates are coming from out wide. Here's my last game:

image.thumb.png.4be29b94958c7c58ca6381383ddc055d.png

2 minutes ago, cbcruz said:

For anyone who is stuck on processing while going into a match, and going on holiday doesn't work:

FM -> Game Status -> Relinquish Control

Takes a couple of seconds, then you can choose to take control again. *The match will have been played*

Better solution: go to preferences and reload skin.

11 minutes ago, Shorno said:
  • United (who kept Mourinho on surprisingly) signed Adrien Silva and Camacho in the first summer, Silva not getting a game now and Camacho loaned out. They signed Icardi in Jan, and Kane in the summer. As well as Benatia, Ndidi, Tierney and Suso.

Mourinho still there in 2025 in my game, hasn't won the league. Did beat me in the FA cup final last season, but I've won everything apart from that for the last few seasons domestically and in Europe. He also signed Kane & Ndidi in my game. 

image.thumb.png.9906e76f559fae137cdc76e8e7587d89.png

Edited by pauly15

5 minutes ago, pauly15 said:

It's not just the stats it's what's actually happening on the pitch. Over 80% of my chances creates are coming from out wide. Here's my last game:

image.thumb.png.4be29b94958c7c58ca6381383ddc055d.png

I agree with both you and @RocheBag the number is high. 

Here is a strange example to illustrate my current tactic though

My chances created vs Chelsea (not setting the world alight, just 3 but we won the game) All long passes - 2 from in own half, one from just inside. 2 Result in being controlled and banged in by the striker - however, it shows I have 0 pass assists in the game (also didn't count as cross assists!) In assist location image it's taken into account as assists from within own half... but still 0 assists from long balls. Really frustrating. 

504087062_2018-10-29(6).thumb.png.9df0dcc0b849f86275105331fee772d2.png

436008474_2018-10-29(7).thumb.png.32c3c6700a8a17dfc8a8ecb9ed673cf6.png

1429208940_2018-10-29(8).thumb.png.38dcec2a13c46ab1ba3c03662b6fd6a8.png

947600164_2018-10-29(9).thumb.png.2cc97923a024b81eac89d38b971fe065.png

How can I have 8 assists from my own half in the image (and can show videos of these) and in the information no assists from long pass :D 30 assists from central areas in the image but just showing 15 through balls (0 medium range passes??) 

27 minutes ago, Shorno said:

So I'm a few games in to my second season as Aston Villa. I walked the league and gained promotion, but over the summer I noticed what I feel are some 'strange' managerial moves;

• Unai Emery sacked by Arsenal mid December (they were doing okay so you could kinda forgive this) but still think it was a bit soon?
  • Rafa Benitez replacing him - Fair enough, not too odd.
  • Lopetequi & Valverde sacked at the end of the season, replaced by Ancelotti & Max Allegri respectively - Barca/Madrid did finish 3/4 so again, understandable.
  • Pep Guardiola leaving City for Juventus to replace Allegri. Klopp replacing Pep at City - this is where it gets a bit unusual for me.
  • Wenger coming in as manager of Liverpool.
  • Tuchel sacked at PSG for finishing 2nd - replaced by Conte. Fair.

Then to add to this, we have basically every big team overhauling their squads.

• Liverpool sold Mane and Matip to Madrid for about £120m
  • City have signed Weigl, Jonas Hector, Zaha (in 18/19) and Varane, Gaya and Ramsey this summer. All whilst only loaning out Mahrez and Gundogan.

There are more 'unrealistic' (imo of course) transfers - Arsenal have gone a bit wild - but these are a few little examples. As well as this, and one thing that kills me is United have changed a load of squad numbers. Pogba 14, Herrera 10, Lukaku 15, Rashford 16.

Does this seem a tad unrealistic to anybody else or am I over-exaggerating? I get that teams replaced managers due to poor positions - but would Pep leave City for Juve at the end of this season? Would Klopp likely go to City? Would United spend £200m on two world class strikers to compete with Lukaku? Would all of this happen in such a short space of time?

I agree with being upset about most of this, but guardiola to juve is one of the more plausible. Juve have something weird going on in getting Ronaldo and then the likes of Marcelo etc wanting to follow. Who'd have thunk that before it happened, FM rarely surprises you more than real life can. 

Harder to see how klopp would go to city though, and man utd sign camacho and Adrien silva in pretty muchall my saves. 

3 minutes ago, kingking said:

My AML Press Intensity is low, however my team instruction is Gegenpressing.

This is a Bug...UI or ME i don't know..

hello.thumb.png.6c6480ec1017352f4d3f6cf646029c13.png

Does it look low on the pitch? Is he sitting back while others press? 

I've found this 'low' setting isn't an issue for the front 3, but when central midfielders have it (CMs not AMCs) it becomes a problem.

11 minutes ago, pauly15 said:

Does it look low on the pitch? Is he sitting back while others press? 

I've found this 'low' setting isn't an issue for the front 3, but when central midfielders have it (CMs not AMCs) it becomes a problem.

my AML/AMR dont press as highly as others  tbh

Edited by kingking

2 hours ago, Naninani said:

I've been playing this game since CM days, usually I don't buy it in beta I guess I was too excited about new tactics and AI changes. This is the first time I feel so disapointed and sad actually with the game, since it's the only computor game I play. I'm winning all my games with West Ham just hitting continue button. I managed to beat Chelsea 6-0. Also why are all goals scored after crossing or set pieces/corners? Can I expect this to improve with full release?  

this question has been posted about a million times here and I don't think we have an answer. I'd suggest raising it in the match engine bug section 

Edited by bboy

4 minutes ago, kingking said:

my AML/AMR dont press as highly as others  tbh

Sometimes the best solution is to take the team pressing down from 'very urgent' to urgent. This lets you up the individual pressing in some role's player instructions and allows you to better define how you want to press, even if it's less urgent than you'd like. Not a great solution, but the best you have with so many PI's decided for you.

Was trying to see if this was asked/raised anywhere, but can't see it. 

For my main journeyman save this year, I quite fancied the challenge of getting Lyn Oslo back to the top league in Norway, and was happy to see the Norwegian set up now include these lower leagues. I was toying about with it on FMT last night, but the option to choose a team in the lowest rung of leagues is greyed out. Is there a reason for this? 

Still way too easy to use the 5 year + 3 year optional extension thing to tie wonderkids down for 8 years on very low wages. Doesn't matter that much seeing as you can just avoid using it but surprising it hasn't been addressed 

21 minutes ago, pauly15 said:

Sometimes the best solution is to take the team pressing down from 'very urgent' to urgent. This lets you up the individual pressing in some role's player instructions and allows you to better define how you want to press, even if it's less urgent than you'd like. Not a great solution, but the best you have with so many PI's decided for you.

thank you i will try it

i think this bug is something S.I should look into.. they say they have "revamped" tactics but...

Edited by kingking

Regarding AI managers, it would be really nice if they would simulate it close to reality, because of the challenge. When you face Guardiola you should expect a challenge against an amazing possession team, when you play against Mourinho you should expect a well conceived bus back there with killer counters, Sarri, Conte, Klopp, Simeone, Setién, Lopetegui, etc etc, all of them have a characteristic style in the teams they manage, and it's fun to try to come up with a strategy against it.

Despite that, I have to say I'm loving and trully enjoying FM19, and if the Beta is this good (with bugs, ofcourse, but pretty stable as well) then the final version can only be the best.

Find it very weird how few headed goals there are despite seemingly 50%+ of goals coming from crosses, half volleys are bizarrely common again this year. And even weirder that the crossing issue is arguably worse now than it ever was despite being in the game for years. Hopefully some progress will be made for full release but I'm not particularly optimistic. Seems to be the result of multiple different design flaws in tactics and the ME rather than an easy to fix bug 

Edited by 91427

Pro's
In possession/transition/out possession
Font
Purple skin
Schedule - months broken up (it's looks cleaner and less cluttered)
Players rating in match - low goes into red, higher goes green
match engine - curl on the ball is realistic
Icons gone during game replaced by the actual names of the links
Team of the week now showing the player WITH team badges
Live press conference with a backround of a press conference setup (it's the little things)
Offering a team to buy right now instead of waiting until his contract expires

Con's
in opposition instructions there is no longer view (info) to see the players profile next to his name (have to click into his
profile to view his stats and then you are brought back to your own team tactics page before you can choose to
show onto what foot or close him down and so on.
i don't see my players counter pressing at all to win the ball back

I had Matic loaned out to Juventus with a mandatory future fee of 25m. He's just come back, and he's not joining Juve. His contract is up in 1 week, and the thought of letting him go on a free and not getting the 25m (that I don't even need) is too annoying, so I'm gonna have to give him a new contract and try to sell this 31 year old for as much as I can get. I don't need the money, but I want it.

Is it a bug? I assume it's a bug, but I'm not sure on the rules considering his contract is expiring.

Edited by cbcruz

Is it just me or players don't play through balls anymore with possession tactics? Instead, way to many long shots and crosses. I don't think they are supposed to be part of possession tactics either. I don't know....maybe I'm beating on a dead horse. Maybe it has been acknowledged already.