Football Manager 2018 *Official* Feedback Thread

about Nouri (ajax). I see he will retire in 2020 according to agreement ajax and fm. I like that because ajax confirmed they will pay his wage till end of his contract

However, he isn't injured and still in ajax A team. Before i start a game, can someone confirm he actually play games in fm 2018? or Nouri can't be selected?

Oherwise i delete him through editor.
thx for your answer!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

It's on the first screen when you click on preferences, down the bottom left, just under the clickable option to enable/disable sound in matches. 

Oh yeah!

Ta.

7 hours ago, FrazT said:

I am sure that it was said in another thread that the brexit decision is random and set at the start of a new game, but that you cannot predict what brexit you will get.

I have a Brexit with all non UK players have to get work permits except the ones already playing in the UK. That's the hard Brexit?

Just been playing the demo for a bit ... and for the love of all the holy gods. Can you please fix the crowd sounds in this game already?

Playing a pre-season friendly as Bath City vs. some local team. 200 people in the stands. Sounds like a crowd of 25.000.

For a game that aims to simulate the experience as close to reality as can be, it irks me that this issue has been around since forever.

I would love to hear what the reasoning for keeping this immersion-breaking "feature" in the game is.

I may be missing something obvious, but during team talks has the assistant’s ‘recommended’ team talk gone?

I don’t mean the hand over to assistant button, but more on FM17 there would be advice from them prior to selecting anything.

This was really useful in knowing whether I should trust my assistants judgement or not (basically if he feels nothing needs to be said I could do the talks myself), now I feel it’s all a bit of rolling the dice.

Love the game, much more engaging than Fm16 and 17 in my book. My negatives so far are:

- Scout meetings: I dont wanna miss anything so I try to go through the reports but sometimes I get 100 reports and some players are shows like 5-6 times among these. It is very tiresome and hitting "discard" feels a bit harsh as I am interested in keeping the player on my watch list. But I dont need to hear about the same 3 Benfica youth players who have no interest in joining me 20 times per week.

- The small profile that appears when hovering the "i" is still often bugged and misses info such as positions of the player.

- The player search is now a bit confusing. For example, Scouting-->Players --> Scouted can not be sorted after how old the reports are. There are not many views to choose from here. I am not yet sure if it is me being new to the game or the UI being a bit counter-intuitive. time will tell.

- The tactics screen. I actually like it but I spend too much time and too many clicks trying to figure out what players are in good physical shape, in form etc when picking my team. The  pinnaple pitch and the reduce/expand options are nice in theory but a bit cumbersome in my opinion. Love the "analysis" feature on the tactics screen though

when are you guys going to fix the ridiculous loan fees?

205k per month for ospina. 2.4M per year

100k per month for bielek. 1.2M per year

extremely easy to take advantage of. been this way for years. no one is going to pay that much for a straight loan IRL for said players.

when are you guys going to fix screens going up and down by themselves. in scouting screen you click to scout and it goes down by itself. you go to profile, click back and it has gone up. been this way for years.

scouting system is very poorly implemented.

Some more AI feedback (criticism).

For as long as this can happen, it is no wonder that sticking to a few decent common sense can make us outperforming AI. I applied to Bayern and had their assistant taking over match days. He would play a narrow formatioin. Right in one of the first matches, which was an away match to Gladbach, he refused to send any of the wide backs forward to stretch the pitch and play anywhere. Everyting was clogged down the middle throughout, where (and this is a big positive :) ) the wide opposition players would now come inside to help defending, when on FM 2017 they stayed outside despite the wide areas not being much of a treat.

AOJCaVv.jpg

This tactical decision making would only make sense in one scenario only. If we would accept that an AI manager taking over Bayern were "content" with a 0-0 away at Gladbach. In fact, I had suspected a few "lowly" goal tallies to be partly connected to AI managers at top sides often being too "content" with the results they aim for in general. Which may be also have been part of the reason why any newbie previous could outscore AI Guardiola managed Bayern so easily (with them on occasion dropping to a record low of 50 goals from 34 matches on FM 2016). The following also still remains a spoiler for anybody struggling for shot / shot on target conversion. It's not that you wouldn't get shots off with this.  However outside the adventurous first time strike from Thiago (6), almost all of those were set piece attempts exclusively. If you take a look at the position screen above, you might get an idea why that is the case. Work the space, don't choke it if you want to increase the likelyhood of scoring. It seems, even now, AI on occasion seems to struggle with this still.

rbJpNVB.png

I did this after right in my first simulation I saw Lewandwoski scoring 3 goals from 17 matches, mind. In this assistant managed run too he didn't score more than 8 goals by December, with his shot conversion averaging at a -- for a forward -- miserably 10% (one in 10), when 1 in 4-5 is totally approachable also by a few AI too (in particular sides that are still allowed counter attacks, breaks, through balls in behind pushed up defenses), saw an AI forward on 1 in 3 even.

Edited by Svenc

I'm having a good time playing FM18, but noticed some bizarre and disappointing changes (also noted by other gamers in the forum): the scouting system, the transfer offers, the match-day interface...

I wonder if SI does proper concept testing with average users, or is it Miles and some other bigwigs who decide "hey, let's change some sh*t just because...".

Please don't change the game interface so radically and unnecessarily. 

"If the team is winning, don't change it."

44 minutes ago, Romanista. said:

205k per month for ospina. 2.4M per year

100k per month for bielek. 1.2M per year

extremely easy to take advantage of. been this way for years. no one is going to pay that much for a straight loan IRL for said players.

Why wouldn't they pay this?

Just an example but you only have to look at Falcao's loan to Man Utd and Chelsea to see how much clubs pay for loans. They both paid Monaco 4-6 mil just to loan him then his £200,000 a week wages that they also paid, think it worked out the loan cost Man Utd about 15-16 mil. I know they are big clubs and falcao is a top player, but I'm sure there are many more examples if you look to show teams will pay for loans if they really want the player.

Edited by sedge11

I am absolutely gutted that scouting has issues. The scouting costs are ridiculous. O-100% knowledge is coming in at £800 plus on a single player. Why pay for package when it doesn’t cover the costs. The top two packages cost 720k a year. It basically gives you a list. 720k a year for a list. Playing LLM with attribute masking enabled is hard. Costing you 10k to scout 11 players. This issue was raised in Beta and not fixed for full release. That’s two FM in a row now scouting has had major issues

11 minutes ago, wicksyFM said:

I am absolutely gutted that scouting has issues. The scouting costs are ridiculous. O-100% knowledge is coming in at £800 plus on a single player. Why pay for package when it doesn’t cover the costs. The top two packages cost 720k a year. It basically gives you a list. 720k a year for a list. Playing LLM with attribute masking enabled is hard. Costing you 10k to scout 11 players. This issue was raised in Beta and not fixed for full release. That’s two FM in a row now scouting has had major issues

The guy sitting next to me right now has filled almost 800 player reports since January. I just asked him about the detailed reports -- where he includes match videos, analysis, and other nice tidbits, and he said there are about 160. He did it all from his desk, using the scouting packages we bought from WyScout, inStat, and some other providers.

He has 5 players coming as his suggestions for next season, and these 5 you can say they are '100% scouted' in FM terms. Video ones more than 60% -- he has insight about how the player reacts/moves/likes to do/often does. All others he can (or could, when he added to the player report) talk about some characteristics (pros, cons).

Edited by Bobby_Zamora

4 minutes ago, Bobby_Zamora said:

The guy sitting next to me right now has filled almost 800 player reports since January. I just asked him about the detailed reports -- where he includes match videos, analysis, and other nice tidbits, and he said there are about 160. He did it all from his desk, using the scouting packages we bought from WyScout, inStat, and some other providers.

Im not sure what your saying. Are you saying that the cost of one detailed Scout report is £160. Sounds more realistic than £800

Just now, wicksyFM said:

Im not sure what your saying. Are you saying that the cost of one detailed Scout report is £160. Sounds more realistic than £800

We buy the entire package for a league (or several leagues). We get video, stats, squad listings info for every team in that league. You can scout from your chair as you can watch match videos and compile statistics on any player you want.

2 minutes ago, Bobby_Zamora said:

We buy the entire package for a league (or several leagues). We get video, stats, squad listings info for every team in that league. You can scout from your chair as you can watch match videos and compile statistics on any player you want.

Ahh ok. So SI versions of the packages are similar. I get that. What I don’t get is if I’m payin for a a non league package £850 pcm I still have to scout the player at a cost of £800 plus to reveal attributes. Plus the scouts wages. It’s to much money

1 minute ago, wicksyFM said:

Ahh ok. So SI versions of the packages are similar. I get that. What I don’t get is if I’m payin for a a non league package £850 pcm I still have to scout the player at a cost of £800 plus to reveal attributes. Plus the scouts wages. It’s to much money

I agree.

There shouldn't be a cost for scouting a player you bought a package for. You have bought the package and you already pay the scout's wages.

Unless you want to send somebody to watch him play -- the in-game text for that already exists -- there should not be a financial cost for scouting a player you have access to.

The UI gets worse every year. It's really getting to the point where I refuse to play the game before the awesome modders create a skin for the game. Oh and the regen faces are still quite awful. They were just fine a few years ago, but then you decided to mess it up. Now you can't even add your own hairstyles to them and you are stuck with the handful that's available in game. 10 seasons into a save and everyone will look more or less the same. Disgusting. I'm seriously thinking about going back to FM15, which for me is the last good version of the game. Oh and why would you not allow us to use custom images for managers and regens? We are now stuck with the horrendous 3D models. There's free face generators online that do thousand times better job than yours. Oh and then there's this odd game engine bug/feature in which a wide player randomly crosses the ball to the front post to the keeper. It happens like twice every game and it makes absolutely zero sense. Most of the time the wide players is not under any pressure and there's a lot of other options, but they just randomly decide to cross it to the front post. It's getting kinda annoying to see it happening every game-

3 minutes ago, Bobby_Zamora said:

I agree.

There shouldn't be a cost for scouting a player you bought a package for. You have bought the package and you already pay the scout's wages.

Unless you want to send somebody to watch him play -- the in-game text for that already exists -- there should not be a financial cost for scouting a player you have access to.

Spot on. They have got everything right about scouting. Except the issue we discussed. Get rid of that extra cost and I will be happy. 

5 minutes ago, Bobby_Zamora said:

I agree.

Bobby worth putting in the Bugs section and quoting your relevant experience 

I also have to say, that I find some of the new features in regards to scouting and transfercenter, a step backwards. I like  some of the new features in the scouting center, and it made it more realistic, as to the cost of  scouting, I cant say if it's realistic or not. But, in earlier FM's, you would get an update from the employed scout's, on which players they would recommend since their last update. This would come as an update, from each of the scout's, and not in a overview screen, like it seems to be doing now. As far as I can see, this is not the case anymore, instead we now have to click through a number of suggestions on players, that aren't really what i've set up in the scouting assignment's.

In regards to the transfercenter, it seems that a great feature also has been removed. In earlier FM's, you could see a overview screen in the transfercenter, and if there was bids on a player, you could click through them all, from the overview screen. Maybe it's just me, but in FM18, this seems to be gone, and again, this is also a step backwards. 

At last, there is the match day experience, that i posted earlier, and others also did, with the removal of the overview screen during and after the match. This also is a step backwards.

There are a lot of great new features, and I like FM18, but in order for me to get to love it, I need the things mentioned above, to be fixed (if this is at all possible)

Edited by Clausdk

I am a bit disappointed with the graphical quality of the stadiums. After the hype of them being improved, I expected a bit better. Also, about 98% of the fans are wearing replica shirts which just looks daft!! I know FM is more about gameplay than graphics but by now that is an area of the game that should have improved. 

7 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Bobby worth putting in the Bugs section and quoting your relevant experience 

I raised the issue during the beta and again on full release. It is currently under review. It’s just really winds me up that the game is out and I’m finding it impossible to play my prefer LLM save because of this. 

1 hour ago, tmolvik said:

You raise all the right questions, but if you've hung around in this forum for a couple of years, you know that these are the type of questions they never answered. Looking through the first 7 pages of this feedback thread just makes me more certain that making FM18 the first game in the series since CM2 that I didn't buy on release date, was the correct one. Not because it seems like it's so bad or filled with bugs, but merely because the game is going in the wrong direction and doesn't really add anything.

Before, there was added realism for every version, and whatever was in there had a major purpose. If it didn't work properly the first time, it was usually fixed in a patch. Then came the focus on 3D and media/player interaction, where it started to slip, with focus now starting to slide from making the game realistic to making 3D-movements realistic. The media/player interactions have been faulted since day 1 and hardly improved in any way, continuously putting you in positions with insane alternatives where no answers suits the conversations (or you end up with only one alternative), or where the questions themselves are raised from a situation that doesn't exist. I don't mind the 3D engine, even though I don't use it myself, but this game has never gotten its fans by trying to be FIFA. The media/interaction-issue though, is a more serious issue, as it is affecting the game in such a huge way (which it to an extent should). To then have all these situations where nothing make any sense ruining your game or the mood in your group, makes it impossible to understand why they haven't put their main focus on fixing this, along with of course making the match engine as realistic as it can be. "The old SI" would.

Seeing the new match screen also just underlines my point. Instead of making sure that the most information possible is available to the users, or at least in a way where it's flexible enough to make one choose, some mislead UI-person has prioritized something he think looks good over something that adds something to the game (or maybe he didn't get the time, as adding a roulette version of Brexit was more important). This time they've even removed informatio, and it's not long since we had the same with the tactics screen. Of course some good skinner can fix this, but it takes time and there's enough clicking in FM already if we are not to add even more. 

Right now it seems like FM is trying to be everything for everyone, but ends up somewhere in the middle which is a very dangerous place to be. It's by far a bad game, but when you're losing out on you loyal followers through the years, and at the same time can't keep up with the desired bells and whistles of the newer gaming generation, you're on top of a slippery slope.. SI soon needs to decide who their target group is. If that means drifting away from the core followers from the start, that now also are busy with kids and families, to cater for those more interested in creating the most realistic face on their avatar or looking at stadium details, then at least be honest about it. The way the new features was presented this year, like a bad college video, was more than enough to convince me that this version had gone in the wrong direction (pretty much without reading anything about it).  All that effort could have been used to rather fix media and making a decent match screen. Hopefully I can start playing around new years, if SI takes the problem by its root in future patches, and some good skin artists have come up with user friendly interfaces. 

...and yes I know. Everything was better before..

For those like me who play CM/FM since mid 90s, we can relate to the above.

Thank you.

I still have no idea how the finances for scouting work. 

I'm in the Vanarama North and have that particular package which is around 26K a year. 

I'm about 2 months into the save, and I've spent over 10k on scouting costs each month, despite having just two basic assignments (that have only found 8 players in 2 months). I've also scouted lots of individual players. I have attribute masking disabled, as I prefer it that way. 

What's confusing me though is that despite spending the best part of 20k on scouting already, my scouting budget hasn't moved, it's still sitting at the full 26k. What exactly is this used for?

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

I'm in the Vanarama North and have that particular package which is around 26K a year. 

I'm about 2 months into the save, and I've spent over 10k on scouting costs each month, despite having just two basic assignments (that have only found 8 players in 2 months). I've also scouted lots of individual players. I have attribute masking disabled, as I prefer it that way. 

What's confusing me though is that despite spending the best part of 20k on scouting already, my scouting budget hasn't moved, it's still sitting at the full 26k. What exactly is this used for?

I have similar ish confusion as well. I'm on a heavily edited database but I basically have no real scouting budget. It's like £50 or something tiny like that (which is fine). I can't afford any packages. I've got two scouts and they are still going off and getting reports for me but nothing is happening to the budget as far as I can see, or at least I'm not receiving a message saying I can't scout because of funding issues.

To me it seems fair enough that I can scout the players know to me because I've already paid the wages of the scouts, but the lack of financial hit for doing so doesn't seem to fit in with what other people are experiencing. That inconsistency means I'm not sure how scouting finances actually work

During the beta, when you went to load a tactic you had the option of sorting files by most recently created. Since the full game landed I seem to only have the option to sort files by title or user, which is much less useful. I'm pretty sure the same thing happened between FM17 beta/full game as well.

Not a big deal by any means but just seems a bit of an odd choice to cut out from beta to full game, not sure if it's deliberate?

Cheers.

just a few other things on the release of the full game. little dissapointed in a few things.

1. the ball in annalyzer camera still has no shading when in the air so you have no idea wether its on the ground or in the air!!

2 =. players standing around when the ball is loose. like the ball goes out wide and the nearest one is your centre mid on the edge of gthe area he will just ignore it.

3 . similar to above the ball is cleared by the keeper and the defenders might just be in there half in prime position to head clear or take control but they then retreat to leave the attacker to take control of the ball.

4. wingers most of the time get such bad ratings even though there passing stats are good.

5. transfer market is broken. fees are so low, i sold clyne for 25 mill then he had a great season for west ham and played every international and had av rating above 7.5 and left for 9 mill at just 28 ?

everyone is just going for there value not above. psg were going to sign assensio for 60 mill he had 4 yrs left on contract and had a great season for madrid should be double that 

35 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Even with a package owned you are charged for every single bit of scouting you do. Even if that package fits the criteria of the scouting your doing. Individual players, leagues, nations, etc. I don’t think this should be happening. If you own a package the costs of scouting should be covered by that package. But they are not. The only money that comes out of your scouting budget is the cost of your package and assignments outside your package. Scouting is messed up and it needs fixing ASAP

2 minutes ago, wicksyFM said:

Even with a package owned you are charged for every single bit of scouting you do. Even if that package fits the criteria of the scouting your doing. Individual players, leagues, nations, etc. I don’t think this should be happening. If you own a package the costs of scouting should be covered by that package. But they are not. The only money that comes out of your scouting budget is the cost of your package and assignments outside your package. Scouting is messed up and it needs fixing ASAP

This is under review by the developers.

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

This is under review by the developers.

I know I’m moaning a lot about it. But it is really annoying. Releasing a football management game with a scouting issue like this isn’t good enough. Especially when the issue was raised during beta

Why exactly do the packages do ? Just give you a list of players in that package with 100% knowledge ?

Also have average ratings been slashed across the board ? I'm to of the EPLat Xmas and my best player is only 7.21avr. Players still don't seem to get credit for tons of tackles or completed passes either.  It's get a goal or assist or get a crappy rating. 

This is more important this year when the AI are meant to take performance into consideration when forming their transfer plans. 

Just now, treble_yell_:-) said:

Why exactly do the packages do ? Just give you a list of players in that package with 100% knowledge ?

Also have average ratings been slashed across the board ? I'm to of the EPLat Xmas and my best player is only 7.21avr. Players still don't seem to get credit for tons of tackles or completed passes either.  It's get a goal or assist or get a crappy rating. 

This is more important this year when the AI are meant to take performance into consideration when forming their transfer plans. 

Packages just give you a list of players and a slight increase in knowledge of the players within it

1 minute ago, wicksyFM said:

I know I’m moaning a lot about it. But it is really annoying. Releasing a football management game with a scouting issue like this isn’t good enough. Especially when the issue was raised during beta

Some fixes takes longer than others and there is always a timetable. Bug fixes have also to be tested for possible side effects.

Just checking the Champions League rules as it could be a small bug.

Played the group stages playing one player a couple of times.

Sold them in Jan from English club to Ukrainian club

Met the club club I sold to in knockout stage and the player was able to play.

I also bought a player in Jan from Champions League club and couldn't register that player.

Anyone else had this happen?

Guest El Payaso

I like this game in general but especially with the ME there are still things that I do not enjoy.

For example the fact how centre backs defend against strikers. They are still seeing far too much of the ball. My CF is constantly having 30-50 passing attempts a game which tells you a story that the centre backs aren't really making it too hard for them to perform. Same applies to full backs against wingers. The goals in general are maybe scored more sensibly now but there still are those every year regulars like for example throw-ins. Also I would claim that the CBs compared to strikers are not good enough inside the penalty area: the strikers are able to make really good active movement and by that get to end of the crosses or passes inside the area while you do not see that kind of behavior from CBs. In general the defenders should be more active and by that look better in the engine and also make mistakes because of actively playing against strikers. 

Sadly at the moment I feel that it is mainly the amount of offsides that is doing the defending in this game. So many chances are plundered because of really bad offside awareness. 

The training system is most definitely the biggest disappointment this year. Really don't see a sense to have 'high' intensity on pre-season just to raise the risk of injuries because improvements in the attributes will not be seen, especially if you don't upgrade your whole coaching team. 

I'm noticing that this year the difficulty level seems to be higher at least at this point of the year. Hopefully this is been kept as that is what the game needs. For example my Las Palmas defense is quite poor in terms of attributes and even though I set up quite defensive system I'm still leaking goals in like I should be as I don't have good enough players. It's great if this indeed is a fact and you cannot anymore dominate the game at Premier league with League 1 players just because you have a solid tactic.

Umm nothing to worry about for you guys but my wife thinks the generated pictures of managers are pants and look cartoonish. She keeps laughing at my attempt to create a smooth well suited FM2018 manager :(

Scouting is terrible, tactic screen is terrible, game speed is terrible, the game is terrible... Manage a team in real life easier than to play this game !! You guys really work to make this game for 1 year ?? i now play football manager 2017 untill all fix on 2018........

2 hours ago, El Payaso said:

I'm noticing that this year the difficulty level seems to be higher at least at this point of the year. Hopefully this is been kept as that is what the game needs. For example my Las Palmas defense is quite poor in terms of attributes and even though I set up quite defensive system I'm still leaking goals in like I should be as I don't have good enough players. It's great if this indeed is a fact and you cannot anymore dominate the game at Premier league with League 1 players just because you have a solid tactic.

On a similar note: being on fully "FM complacency mode" (text commentary only in an "attempt" to show the AI how to get the Bayern forwards scoring at consistent rates despite not engaging much, see a couple posts above, same old FM, right?), I found that: Flooding the centre of the pitch doesn't simply boss it anymore as previous (plus). Not even against a 4-4-2 (Plus). Not even playing with Bayern (Plus). In particular not by just dropping a few stuff in and then seeing them bossing all just by fielding the players. I shockingly came just back from being bossed away at Leverkusen, even, when the prior point drop to Gladbach could be explained to a lucky thirty yard strike plus a counter attack. May this be the release where you have to put a few thought in, even with "auto win" teams of previous, such as the top teams of unbalanced leagues? Which may explain a few AI underperformance with them though... no longer can anybody rely on constant wonder dribbles of Rib/Rob/Hazard to save the day, apparently, either.

Then again, who knows. It might be just me having turned a few *****. :D  Or there being a db bug at work. Like the HSV players getting loaded up as Bayern guys and vice versa, because I saw Kostic topping the dribbling rates in the league by a landslide, when that previous was Robben territory.

Edited by Svenc

For the last few iterations of FM I've experienced a few scenarios in the ME too many times. I find that when a wide player crosses the ball, occasionally, the ball goes to the near post and the keeper makes a save, which is then classed as a 'great save' in the text commentary. Not an issue if it happens infrequently but this can happen once a game. Also when the ball is overhit and nearly goes in at the back post and the keeper saves it it is too frequent. I've noticed that this year that these same issues are still there. Granted I appreciate that the 2D ME in not always an accurate representation but I find it rather daft that this scenarios are classed as 'highlights'. I would've hoped that they'd have been ironed out by now. 

Not liking the interface, it seems overwhelming. Too much going on, too much information for the eye to process. I'm finding the whole thing quite clunky and during matches it lags dreadfully therefore I find it hard to get any momentum in terms of getting to know the intricacies of the UI and ME during match day. I'm not finding much joy from any of this game yet however I've not really be able to have a proper bash so here's hoping it'll grow on me. Plus I'm struggling tactically!

Question: After the match when you go into team Analysis - the screen shows dark blue/light blue/green/yellow and red. This is coupled with the team numbers is there a quick explanation? Finding hard to decipher.

Ahh just found the page re Red=Very active and so on.

Cheers

Edited by Kazza

5 hours ago, tmolvik said:

You raise all the right questions, but if you've hung around in this forum for a couple of years, you know that these are the type of questions they never answered. Looking through the first 7 pages of this feedback thread just makes me more certain that making FM18 the first game in the series since CM2 that I didn't buy on release date, was the correct one. Not because it seems like it's so bad or filled with bugs, but merely because the game is going in the wrong direction and doesn't really add anything.

Before, there was added realism for every version, and whatever was in there had a major purpose. If it didn't work properly the first time, it was usually fixed in a patch. Then came the focus on 3D and media/player interaction, where it started to slip, with focus now starting to slide from making the game realistic to making 3D-movements realistic. The media/player interactions have been faulted since day 1 and hardly improved in any way, continuously putting you in positions with insane alternatives where no answers suits the conversations (or you end up with only one alternative), or where the questions themselves are raised from a situation that doesn't exist. I don't mind the 3D engine, even though I don't use it myself, but this game has never gotten its fans by trying to be FIFA. The media/interaction-issue though, is a more serious issue, as it is affecting the game in such a huge way (which it to an extent should). To then have all these situations where nothing make any sense ruining your game or the mood in your group, makes it impossible to understand why they haven't put their main focus on fixing this, along with of course making the match engine as realistic as it can be. "The old SI" would.

Seeing the new match screen also just underlines my point. Instead of making sure that the most information possible is available to the users, or at least in a way where it's flexible enough to make one choose, some mislead UI-person has prioritized something he think looks good over something that adds something to the game (or maybe he didn't get the time, as adding a roulette version of Brexit was more important). This time they've even removed informatio, and it's not long since we had the same with the tactics screen. Of course some good skinner can fix this, but it takes time and there's enough clicking in FM already if we are not to add even more. 

Right now it seems like FM is trying to be everything for everyone, but ends up somewhere in the middle which is a very dangerous place to be. It's by far a bad game, but when you're losing out on you loyal followers through the years, and at the same time can't keep up with the desired bells and whistles of the newer gaming generation, you're on top of a slippery slope.. SI soon needs to decide who their target group is. If that means drifting away from the core followers from the start, that now also are busy with kids and families, to cater for those more interested in creating the most realistic face on their avatar or looking at stadium details, then at least be honest about it. The way the new features was presented this year, like a bad college video, was more than enough to convince me that this version had gone in the wrong direction (pretty much without reading anything about it).  All that effort could have been used to rather fix media and making a decent match screen. Hopefully I can start playing around new years, if SI takes the problem by its root in future patches, and some good skin artists have come up with user friendly interfaces. 

...and yes I know. Everything was better before..

I absolutely agree with you, but we shouldn't have to wait for people with great skinning ability to put a screen back in, that should never have left.

It's annoyed me so much I've raised it in the UI feedback section, hopefully someone from SI can respond:

I've also raised it in the Skinning Hideout in the hope a mod can be created:

The screens I dislike the most are all around match day, all of these look ugly, cluttered, unconsidered and in some cases, confusing to me:

rmmo0y.png

25ips88.png

Edited by stevemc

Umm just got my first crash. When clicking on the player in the news screen to look at his individual analysis, game started to generate match report got 10% into it and froze! 

Fixed by quitting (top right x) as it asked me if I wanted to save game before quitting, did so. Reloaded all back to normal!

Edited by Kazza

It's always been a bit of a thing , but the players ballooning shots everywhere this year is actual kinda frustrating tho watch. 

I understand that getting the ME to show misses must be a challenge , but seeing world class forwards  hitting looping shots from 6 yards out that are gong out for a throw or ending up closer tho the corner flag than the goal is just frustrating.  

Fwiw its not my tactics , I'm consistently over the 50% shots on target that Cleo at al think we should aim for and the shots are from varied positions. Shooting in general is really awkward looking this year. 

Otoh I've seen some goals I've never seen before already,  so there's definitely been improvements in some parts of the ME.

4 hours ago, robsfc said:

Is there a way to stop "selected role" attributes being highlighted automatically on players?

On the Player Profile screen go to the Overview -> Profile Screen in the positions tab select the Highlight drop down and click the 'Highlight Key Attributes for Role' option so the box is no longer active and the highlight should disappear from both this and the the Attributes screen.