Football Manager 2018 *Official* Feedback Thread

19 minutes ago, warlock said:

Do you have an assistant manager? How good is he? I get halftime analysis every game (saves with Man Utd, Southampton, Wolves).

I do have an ass man. It's in the Welsh Premier though so he might not be the best one.
He might just be an actual ass man :D

If i pull up the assitant feedback widget though there are a lot of suggestions and information there. But not in the analysis advice panel.
Having said that. When i finished that match i took the screenshot from, i was advised to go in hard on someone....when the game had finished :D
So there was actually something in that advice panel. Just a little too late, as the game (as mentioned) had finished.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Stouters said:

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this? It is there when starting a new save.

gyazo.png

Did you load any custom league files? This happens when there are errors in a file, like too many clubs in one division.

1 hour ago, roykela said:

When i click the analysis tab, during HT, the massive Advice panel on the right hand side is completely empty.
It has never shown a single thing in the 1 1/2 season i've played (plus 2 seasons during Beta).
Is there anything inside that panel at all, at some point??

All assistent advises during a match are listed there.

1 minute ago, stoned_assasin said:

Are regen faces still not activated my players faces are still black ?

Go to preferences -interface

tick "show pictures of players and staff generated by the game"

Just now, stoned_assasin said:

Yes its also a new save from after the beta. The players i'm speaking of are the ones that are in my youth team from the start of the game. Maybe these players dont have regen faces?

It depends if they are "real" players from the database or generated by the game. For real players you need to download a facepack.

28 minutes ago, roykela said:

I do have an ass man. It's in the Welsh Premier though so he might not be the best one.
He might just be an actual ass man :D

If i pull up the assitant feedback widget though there are a lot of suggestions and information there. But not in the analysis advice panel.
Having said that. When i finished that match i took the screenshot from, i was advised to go in hard on someone....when the game had finished :D
So there was actually something in that advice panel. Just a little too late, as the game (as mentioned) had finished.

I'm playing in the same league with the same team that you are, and I get assistant advice all the time during the matches. And that advice always shows up in analysis panel. Of course, I most likely have a different assistant manager.

3 minutes ago, roykela said:

Because this is what i see right now:

Assistant feedback/analysis:

When you already clicked "confirm"  (or apply changes"?) the message will not be shown on analysis screen.

11 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Did you load any custom league files? This happens when there are errors in a file, like too many clubs in one division.

No custom league files downloaded. I've only downloaded a tactic, nothing else. I'll delete that and then see.

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

It depends if they are "real" players from the database or generated by the game. For real players you need to download a facepack.

I got a facepack today which is what made me notice it. I'm playing as Oreint in the VNL league so i guess the facepack dont go so far back as the youth team.

5 minutes ago, KUBI said:

When you already clicked "confirm" the message will not be shown on analysis screen.

I haven't clicked confirm because there's nothing to click.
Having said that. It just came up now, in the 70th minute. Which means it came up, in the Analysis Advice panel about 20 minutes later.
2149c0daea7eae96e33c2c72ad7f50a1.png

It seems like the advises are very, very slow to show up in that panel.
The advises were in the widget, as you see them, since around the 50th minute.
But didn't show up in the Analysis Advice Panel until the 70th minute.

Is that something that possibly should be reported?

Edited by roykela

1 minute ago, roykela said:

I haven't clicked confirm because there's nothing to click.
Having said that. It just came up now, in the 70th minute. Which means it came up, in the Analysis Advice panel about 20 minutes later.
2149c0daea7eae96e33c2c72ad7f50a1.png

It seems like the advises are very, very slow to show up in that panel.
The advises were in the widget, as you see them, since around the 50th minute.
But didn't show up in the Analysis Advice Panel until the 70th minute.

Is that something that possibly should be reported?

Yes, it is.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, DoubleT said:

Can i turn idd de 3d warming-up and intro? I dont like 3d

Its not possible to turn off.

On 11/12/2017 at 13:53, Neil Brock said:

Have you clicked the 'Analysis' button on the top right of the Tactics screen? Only if that's selected will it show. 

Pleased to report that, after 11 games including friendlies, my first relationship line has appeared. Obviously takes a fair bit of time to kick in.

14 hours ago, FMunderachiever said:

match engine issues are far too common IMO

The winger who crosses into the side netting

Shooting from ridiculous positions

Rushing shots for absolutely no reason

Goalkeepers fumbling balls over the line for corners

Player makes a turn on the ball and runs ten yards (slowly) off the pitch in the process

Strikers who dont shoot across goal

Players getting booked waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too often

Wingers picking totally the wrong options constantly

the infamous move slowly towards the ball and get completely robbed. see this its a goal and you know it.

Just please fix this nonsense. Dont try and explain why it should be in the game. Fix it because its crap end of.

Yep, having those issues exactly myself. The infamous move slowly towards the ball hasn't been fixed. Too many rushed shots/passes and one touch football by amateur sides. Not enough HUSTLE is depicted in the 3d match engine. Very very disappointed I have forked out another $65 for this. 

10 minutes ago, Preveza said:

Yep, having those issues exactly myself. The infamous move slowly towards the ball hasn't been fixed. Too many rushed shots/passes and one touch football by amateur sides. Not enough HUSTLE is depicted in the 3d match engine. Very very disappointed I have forked out another $65 for this. 

I know, right?  Not as if there was a free demo there for you to try it out before you spent any mon...

Oh.

17 minutes ago, Nick_CB said:

Is there any problem with the game start?
here it takes almost 1 minute for the game to open

Any custom graphics?  Anything like that extends the start-up time considerably.

48 minutes ago, mhaffy said:

Pleased to report that, after 11 games including friendlies, my first relationship line has appeared. Obviously takes a fair bit of time to kick in.

Feedback after some hours playing LLM:

1) after the beta, the partnership-lines on the pitch between the pairs of players are gone. I've read that many noticed it and that maybe it's only that they take longer to appear on the pitch, can you confirm?

2) in the tatcitcs screen, now often the coloured icons that measure the suitability of a player for the position/role disappear randomly without a reason, only to appear (sometimes) later when checking the screeen again

3) please please please give us back the option to show ALL THE PLAYERS' NAMES on the pitch, when managing LLM it's very difficult to understand who's doing what

4) please have a look into defensive set pieces, I keep on spotting my players that as soon as the opponent kicks the corner (or free kick) just run away from the action and their defensive duties towards the opponent area, leaving the opponents free to score tons of goals

5) stadia are quite ridicolous, un-realistic and totally arcade...

6) an issue with scouting: when I send scouting a player, they come back in the meeting and assess the player with their 1-100 rating, but when I click to see the full report it is blank and there's again the box 'scout the player', so I have to click and scout it again, awful

Out of this, I'm pleased with the game so far

Edited by jam jameson

Playing the demo and whilst I am enjoying the game there are few niggles;

* from slower processing (presumably because there is more going on under the bonnet),

* a tad too many hiddens interfaces ( looking for a needle in a haystack at times :) )

* trying to understand the analysis screens (mind I have always had that issue)

* trying to work out the scouting system (bit like a complex small jigsaw)

* ME appears to be ok, though one or  two things not quite right (defense seems to be more of an issue for me this year - again that could be a heightened AI)

Overall, lots of improvements and immersion.  But will wait until the next patch to see what that brings and then look for a deal as current price a tad too high for me.

But a solid 7/10, IMO

K :)

ps I have had an issue with a takeover talk for my team. - they are on, then off, then on, then off now back on possibly again! A bit like real life takeovers I suppose. Update: another collapse and another breakthrough all in one week!!

Edited by Kazza

1 hour ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Is the near post cross being spilled  buy the keeper a pretty common issue ? I think I'm seeing it at least a couple of times per match. 

The one where the commentary goes "... almost got lucky with that" or "... certainly didn't mean that!"? 

Definitely seems to be a common issue, seen loads of mentions of it on here. For me personally I see them almost literally two or three times every single match even just watching "key" highlights  (sometimes they get tipped over the bar as well as the near post ones). It's by far my biggest issue with the match engine currently, drives me nuts when you get a long build-up in the highlight, wondering where it is going... oh it's another mishit cross.

Just now, clokey1988 said:

The one where the commentary goes "... almost got lucky with that" or "... certainly didn't mean that!"? 

Definitely seems to be a common issue, seen loads of mentions of it on here. For me personally I see them almost literally two or three times every single match even just watching "key" highlights  (sometimes they get tipped over the bar as well as the near post ones). It's by far my biggest issue with the match engine currently, drives me nuts when you get a long build-up in the highlight, wondering where it is going... oh it's another mishit cross.

Yeah.  Happens both for and against.  

A couple of things I've noticed:

1- whenever transfers go through which have installments, in the news item confirming the transfer it will list the upfront fee correctly and it will also list the installments fee correctly but it always says "paid over 0 months" so the number of months is always 0 which of course is wrong.

2- I had a strange occurrence whereby in mid-August a host of pending outgoing transfer offers were cancelled due to the end of the transfer window which again isn't right.

After now playing for a few days, I have a clearer idea of what is pleasing me and what is disappointing me about this year's game. I'll start with the disappointments because if these things be corrected with a simple patch then it would make the game pretty much perfect in my eyes...

- during the beta I was sad to find the absence of the setting to change the filter of the in game graphics (etc Increase Contrast) and whether you can see things such as sky / weather effects. I I thought that these things may just have been absent because it was just a beta, but I was very let down to find they weren't in the full game. They were great little personal tweaks you could make to the visuals.

- even though there are height and zoom settings this year, the camera options feel very limited. Its ironic that there are zoom settings but at its highest level on 'Director' or 'TV' it doesn't seem as zoomed in as the 'Close' option in previous games. There needs to be more camera choices like before, and more wiggle room on particularly zoom.

- my match feed isn't popping up anywhere on the screen during a match, despite my repeated checks of my settings.

- it takes way too many clicks to do things in match.

I'm liking....

- new tactical options, particularly the ability to mark a specific position.

- the next opposition scout report, it's great seeing potential roles.

- the between highlights screen in game.

- dynamics

- injury risk page.

And much more!

Like I said I'm hopeful that the things I mentioned towards the top can be patched in.

I really like FM18 in general.  The match engine is fun and I'm enjoying working out how to get the best of it.  And of course all of the scratch-that-itch things that are in FM are all still there to delve into, like the breadth of teams and players to choose from.

One major concern: the performance is atrocious.  I have an i7-6700k, 16GB of RAM, and a GTX 1060.  And I've only loaded about 50,000 players worth of leagues.  I should be absolutely flying through the weeks.  As is it takes forever to get between matches.  When you're married you only have an hour here and there to play.. and I can't spend that time watching the days tick by one by one at a snail's pace.  If it's the new dynamics feature that causes this, I could really be arsed about something I looked at once or twice if it's tripling the length of time it takes to play a season.

Please fix the performance, SI.

Feedback; Very good thank you SI. Huge improvement for a second year running in terms of game absorption. The game is good value for money and is very enjoyable. Probably the best value PC Game on the market. 

One semi-serious question though and I'm sorry if I've missed it already. I'm still happily chugging along with Beta save and want to continue but are there any changes to the full release from Beta that aren't saved-game compatible? Before I go too far and then find out about an additional feature that I'd like.

5 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

I have a weird problem in the 3D matches..

When i start a game,and i go to the 3D match settings and im changing the "Anti ansling" or "Render quality" or something else and goes back to the game,the lightning is much more better but the ball in glowing and the kits of the players glow also..

and even at low/medium graphic i have a little lags.. even that i have 5 starts

Anyone?

7 hours ago, upthetoon said:

For a moment I thought you were in the fm17 feedback thread. These issues are still not fixed? Lol

Most of them were fixed in the later FM17 releases - they've all come back in FM18 (but in 18.1, not 18.0.2 which played much better).  Looks like someone let the intern pull an old trunk of code out of source control again ...

I've only setup one save so far and quit after one match because it was extremely laggy...i should have checked the specs before purchasing! 

What i did notice in preseason; 

AI squad building supposed to be better... Considering current and future needs. I was Chelsea and City paid 52m for a transfer listed Pedro... Not sure in what way they need him now or in future. Not the most ridiculous transfer but did raise an eyebrow

I had a squad meltdown on day 2 of the window simply because i bid for Chielini. Cahil came to me saying he was concerned i was replacing him... I said dont worry... He was upset and the next day whole squad wanted a chat about it and i was unable to solve. 

Scouting hard to get used to... As in you scout a player and dont get the report in the inbox... But once i worked out how to use it i was pretty impressed. 

May go back and try 2d or get a new laptop so i can see any tactical improvements. I didnt like the match day UI but ill put that down to poor laptop performance coupled with the need to adapt to the changes

Edited by westy8chimp

I can't tell my wingers to swap positions when I'm making adjustments to my tactic during a match (for example after 45 mins). I can't find this option in Player Instructions and have no idea where else could I find it. Is this option really removed? :O

11 hours ago, Ben Kenney said:

Are you playing in a low res? 

If so if you select one of the players by left clicking on one of them then the 'Actions' button in the bottom right corner will become active. From here you will be able to choose which actions you would like to happen on the player? 

Cheers,

Ben

Found it. Thanks.

If I select a number of players and use the action button, would it apply the action on all selected players?

9 hours ago, clokey1988 said:

Crossing has been severely nerfed, as it was too easy in 17. But they’ve gone over cautious - no way those lucky crosses should be happening 3/4 times a game, maximum once or twice every two games imo, that seems more realistic.

1 hour ago, corn_onthecurb said:

Just had a regen change skin colour......

BEFORE:

Whats_App_Image_2017_11_13_at_16_12_38.j

AFTER:

black.png

Wow. Reverse Michael Jackson. 

I have only seen german 3rd League Stadium so far but i acutally like them a lot more than the old ones.

The Fans are a bit over the top with their "all the same look" and i would like a more diversity in Shapes, Fashion and Colour to make the crowd less uniform - onl the hardcore fan Stadium-blocks should look pretty uniform.

Got my first hardcore Crash with an error message popping up...still around every ~7th match i get the game stalling out or crashing in that case...

Edited by Etebaer