Football Manager 2018 *Official* Feedback Thread

29 minutes ago, RobertPage said:

Team talks are still frustrating. Fed up of seeing "Theres an awkward silence when you enter the room", "players are clearly disinterested". Considering i'm still new to the job and have won 7/9 games i expect more enthusiasm (manager of LFC and reputation ect set to highest before game started)

It's still your first job in management though. In future versions, I'd like to see a starting option of 'experienced manager', and the game then makes up some fake history of your managerial achievements, this way it's more realistic to take over a big club in that scenario. At the moment, the best you can do is the equivalent of Wayne Rooney taking over at Real Madrid. 

EDIT - I know you've got coaching badges to start, so not exactly like Rooney, but you know what I mean. 

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

It's still your first job in management though. In future versions, I'd like to see a starting option of 'experienced manager', and the game then makes up some fake history of your managerial achievements, this way it's more realistic to take over a big club in that scenario. At the moment, the best you can do is the equivalent of Wayne Rooney taking over at Real Madrid. 

EDIT - I know you've got coaching badges to start, so not exactly like Rooney, but you know what I mean. 

I thought you could now amend your previous managerial experience? Granted there isn't the option to add your seasonal history, but you can imagine that part in your head.

When in sunlight, both the ball and white opposition kits are glowing. Is this something I can simply adjust in preferences or is it a known issue?

P.S - I just cleared my squad in order to rotate them before the next friendly and my next task was to handle a pre-match briefing. As I'd cleared my squad I was talking to an empty room! 'The squad showed little reaction'. Comedy. 

36 minutes ago, Adamm90 said:

I thought you could now amend your previous managerial experience? Granted there isn't the option to add your seasonal history, but you can imagine that part in your head.

Can you? I thought the options only went as far as 'international footballer'. In truth, as I usually play lower league, I don't pay that much attention to it, so you might be right. 

3 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I actually can't believe they've not addressed that since the beta. The rain effects are horrible, and it slows down the 3D engine on my laptop, I always used to turn this setting off as it adds nothing to the game - it even stays blue skies and sunny when it's raining! I almost exclusively use 2D now because of this, which is fine as i prefer that anyway, but the 3D graphics are much improved this year. No idea why there's not settings like there was before. 

I can only hope they do something about it, it was very disappointing to discover the absence of these options

28 minutes ago, rickshaw6579 said:

sad to see there's still no vertical or split screen vertical option in 2D classic :( Game's just not the same

4 minutes ago, toshj said:

Yeah, this got me too.

I third this.....extremely disappointing. Split screen with stats on right for 2D was a fantastic way of playing.

Guest El Payaso
3 minutes ago, OLLMEISTER1 said:

I third this.....extremely disappointing. Split screen with stats on right for 2D was a fantastic way of playing.

@michaeltmurrayuk did provide an excellent guide there on how to create the split screen on FM 2018. 

12 minutes ago, Salopty said:

No, it’s the full game. Really annoying 

Please be clearer. What is the full game? I pointed out that if the tactics were created in the BETA, they'll be TAC files. The full game will not recognise TAC files, but rather FMF. You will need to save tactics from the full game to be used in the full game.

Otherwise, you should maybe list the steps you go through when trying to import...

18 minutes ago, luka_ said:

When I press continue button and the calendar shows up, I no longer have the circle that shows the game is processing..is this intended to not show? It showed durong the beta..

it's kind of strange like this,not a big deal but still..

I've noticed this too. Its very odd.

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, luka_ said:

When I press continue button and the calendar shows up, I no longer have the circle that shows the game is processing..is this intended to not show? It showed durong the beta..

it's kind of strange like this,not a big deal but still..

This was removed intentionally. With the removal of software rendering mode to GPU rendering sometimes the processing wheel would pause due to a graphics error even when the game was actively processing, giving the impression the game was 'freezing'.

The fix to the graphics side was incredibly complicated unfortunately, so we had to resort to removing the wheel so at least people didn't incorrectly believe the game was freezing up on them.  Not an ideal solution and something we'll have to look at resolving for a future version at some point. Thanks. 

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Getting this weird UI thing on some screens, where it looks like the type/font is doubling up in the information panel (see bottom-right) - only when there is no information to show:

Can you raise this on the UI Bugs forum here please? - https://community.sigames.com/forum/585-user-interface-issues/

Thanks. 

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

I swear the processing through days has not been fixed, it is still slower than it used to be, im sure of it

Do you mean slower than FM17? Quite a lot has gone into this version of FM, with the new scouting, dynamics and huge amount of AI both in transfers and matches. To compensate the game has to process a lot more so there will be times when processing isn't super quick. 

Just played a little and like the game overall.

Still, couple of things to be reviewed:

- Although split screen is similar, it's not the same. Between highlights we used to be able to see the backgrounds in full screen. It just doesn't feel the same.

- Colors make text difficult to read. I know i'm not 20 yo anymore but as I usually play with a yellow/green team, it seems the colors are very shiny.

- The game doesn't flow as it used to in previous versions, even with a new laptop. Sometimes it lags a bit.

- Hopefully not, but it looks like SI is moving away from "customization" as regen hair packs are no longer available for FM18. The chance of having customized backgrounds, facepacks, logos and the long missed manager picture are the type of thing that make me feel immersed in the game.

Thank you.

Is Sanchez leaving Arsenal hard coded? I haven't seen a game yet where he stays. Admittedly it seems extremely unlikely he'll re-sign in real life but surely if you were to win the league and some other trophies with Arsenal there would at least be the slightest possibility he'd sign. 

Hi all

I had been following the beta thread and on that basis, decided to download the demo. Like most people I have played many iterations of CM/FM up until last year.

I am pleasantly pleased with the demo. From my perspective, the game runs smooth, the graphics are a definite improvement and the new additions lend more weight to the game. Whether the ME has improved I cannot say yet, watching the game in 3d though, is a step forward from last year.

I like the new layouts re tactics when making substitutions and changes, they give you a lot more information and an instance pictorial overview with the relevant and specific statistics to make those changes and so on. The Medical Centre and Scouting are good improvements and the tactics screen is very helpful re the analysis function. Not yet got to Transfers. Player interaction, some improvements and love the mind games; not lost one yet! As a low rep manager taking over from Rafa, they are not to impressed with me but time will change all that.

I do not mind pressing a few more buttons as the information is all there and some hidden in depth stuff appears when you take your time to enjoy the experience. Speed and processing no issues.

I just loaded up FM2017 to see if it compares , it does to a point but I can see with the inevitability of new skins , the improvements in FM2018, I will be sadly leaving my FM2017 and moving forward to FM2018. 

Enjoy.

K

Edited by Kazza

Is there any way of adding a widget to increase/decrease match speed easier? I usually tend to fast forward between build up play during highlights, but it's impossible in this year's edition since the menu when you press the gear wheel takes up half of the ****** pitch. It's been perfect previously, but this year's game has been frustrating in every aspect.

17 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Do you mean slower than FM17? Quite a lot has gone into this version of FM, with the new scouting, dynamics and huge amount of AI both in transfers and matches. To compensate the game has to process a lot more so there will be times when processing isn't super quick. 

fair point. Cheers.  Its not that slow in all honesty

Edited by ChelseaSince86

21 minutes ago, linuxe said:

Is there any way of adding a widget to increase/decrease match speed easier? I usually tend to fast forward between build up play during highlights, but it's impossible in this year's edition since the menu when you press the gear wheel takes up half of the ****** pitch. It's been perfect previously, but this year's game has been frustrating in every aspect.

In the Preferences -> Shortcuts screen there should be some keyboard shortcuts for changing the match speed. (Haven't used them so unsure how much fine control they give).

15 hours ago, Per Annum said:

Although I still think it should be a pop up at the bottom of the screen and not at the top, thank you for listening to fans and including a face as well as a team kit in the top bar when there is a goal. Still don't see why it can't say what # goal for the season.

This is a small thing that I would absolutely love to see. 

3 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

Anyone else not seeing the lines between positions indicating partnerships?

I've gone a whole pre-season without seeing one. 

On a similar note, I'm also in pre-season and never saw a single pre-match tactical briefing thing yet. 

4 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

It's like Gary Neville taking over Valencia.. 

The widgets and interface during the 3d match are very clunky and unresponsive. Sometimes buttons like the pause  don't work as well and players disappear from tactics widgets. Also when you hover over players it shows different ones on the tooltip, On penalties there's no scoreboard.

The whole match interface needs a lot of cleaning up, When going to a player screen and coming back the 3D players duplicate as welll....The game is pretty stable so far and smooth everywhere else.

Thanks

I just noticed this. It was probably there during the beta and I just missed it. But you can edit your manager appearance after the save starts. Nice. So you can change facial hair, hair color, and what you are wearing/color of cloths based on the team you  manage. Its a very small and pointless thing. But I like it. I like it a lot.

2 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Please be clearer. What is the full game? I pointed out that if the tactics were created in the BETA, they'll be TAC files. The full game will not recognise TAC files, but rather FMF. You will need to save tactics from the full game to be used in the full game.

Otherwise, you should maybe list the steps you go through when trying to import...

Regarding this, it seems FM automatictly transfered my tac files into fmf files when moving to full game. But these cant be loaded either. Whats the purpose of this trasfer if not to use them in the fullgame? Seems abundant.

21 minutes ago, Clausdk said:

Is the old matchscreen completely gone? I always liked to view the match, using this:

image.thumb.png.f159a659c88a61f89f51adcde3d3913b.png

In previous versions, you had the option to choose the above matchscreen.

Unfortunately, it has disappeared, and I do not understand the reason :( As a matchscreen was the clearest, ordered, cleanest to see the match statistics during and after the matches. I strongly hope that they will retrieve it, or that comes out a skin with a matchscreen of this type.

2 minutes ago, Dave1990 said:

Unfortunately, it has disappeared, and I do not understand the reason :( As a matchscreen was the clearest, ordered, cleanest to see the match statistics during and after the matches. I strongly hope that they will retrieve it, or that comes out a skin with a matchscreen of this type.

I'm with you on this. I miss the option to choose this. It's fine to watch in 3d and so on, but it's a shame they removed this option

1 minute ago, rdbayly said:

Good lord I'm getting ripped apart by long balls; even with a deeper defensive line.

More than welcome to contribute to this thread.
I'm having the same problem, although i see a lot less of it at the moment.