Football Manager 2016 - Official Beta Feedback

The same as last year: due to legal reasons.

cheers I wasn't aware will use editor when it comes out, its a strange one that as everything else I checked is as it should be but there you go

if SI have got it sorted to have the comp in game you think using previous results is a gimmie??

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So arranging to go & see Spectre tonight wasn't a great idea! Damn!

Only got as far as manager creation before needing to leave the house. Didn't see a beard option, is there one?

Looking forward to playing the game, some pretty good feedback so far!

cheers I wasn't aware will use editor when it comes out, its a strange one that as everything else I checked is as it should be but there you go

if SI have got it sorted to have the comp in game you think using previous results is a gimmie??

It started with FM 2013. Competitions are ok, but real time results not.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363597-National-Team-Results-Randomly-Generated

Could you elaborate further please?

Where are you seeing this?

Cheers,

Ben

Sorry for the long reply, i got caught up in the game, i was searching for coaches and and i believe it was Guus Hiddink was only interested in the above roll mentioned.

My only gripe is the players names very blurry, almost unreadable during matches but given i'm the only one mentioning it it likely to be an issue with my graphics.

Loving the borderless option and the Prozone additions are brilliant.

It started with FM 2013. Competitions are ok, but real time results not.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363597-National-Team-Results-Randomly-Generated

thanks for that

of interest just used real name fix which is out all ready on sortitoutsi!! so re started game and the results have changed in euro nations so they are not fixed its random and this time apart from Holland/n.ireland its more or less what it should be so happy days

Having one problem though, not sure if its only me... when i go to the prozone analysis of a game, and try to look at each player's average position, i'm only seeing 7 players for either side. when i go through the player menu (rather than team) I can look individually at each player's average position, just not through the team menu, all at the same time.

Same here. And after the game it doesnt show anything at all?

Not sure if this is in the right place but I have a question regarding teams under a transfer embargo (specifically Nottm Forest). I can offer a contract to a free agent, who then accepts the deal, but I get a message saying "The transfer can not be confirmed". Is this a bug or is it how the embargo rules are set up on the game? In real life the clubs under embargo have been allowed to sign players on free transfers.

• SI Staff
Sorry for the long reply, i got caught up in the game, i was searching for coaches and and i believe it was Guus Hiddink was only interested in the above roll mentioned.

Thanks. That would be a bug. We are taking a look at the issue.

Cheers,

Ben

First impressions

- Took ages to download...whatsupwithdat?! (tongue in cheek)

- Booted up, seems fairly swish, nice transitions between screens, a bit less jarring than FM15

- Preferences...there's now a different windowed option. Nice, but not quite good for the way I use windowed. Nice option though. Rolling saves now on by default - good call.

- Create a club seems a bit more limited than I thought it would be. Can completely see why it is, but I expected more I think. No big deal - if I wanted to do something more, I'd use the editor, which I imagine was the intention.

- Player numbers seem much more specific now when you start a game. It used to round it up, but now it's oddly specific, down to 5s or 10s. Not sure if that's just a change in precision of the label, or whether it's changed under the hood. Remains to be seen.

- Looks like if you like training, you can't wear a suit, and if you like tactics, you can't wear a tracksuit. Wit?! (again, tongue in cheek, I know they're just labelled that way cos stereotypes)

- I'm not sure I like the dead eyes of my manager avatar. Especially when he moves. Seriously.

oOMBZHk.png

That guy was just waving his arms about like a loon, while his eyes didn't move. Serial killer stuff.

- Dear Lord you can make some absolutely horrendous avatars with these settings. Love the fact you can change the suit colour to turn him into either the all white Liverpool cup final suit, or some kind of weird cyborg manager from a distant future. But the face and hair doesn't seem to mesh. And I'd like more hair styles. And the extremes of height and weight can turn you into either Steve Evans, or some kind of awful slenderman. None of these are bad things, in fact, I'd say they're good. It's a bit of hilarity in an often po-faced game.

- I obviously gave my manager a "sad" mouth. I didn't even know that was a term.

- I concur with those saying the avatar puts you on the more tubby side. I prefer "generously proportioned.

- OK, I'll stop having fun with the create a manager now. Seriously though, good job. It'll get old, but still good fun at the moment.

- The "Welcome to the Club" interview hasn't changed. At all. Not a big thing, but makes me wonder what the rest of the interaction's going to be like.

- Trophy pictures! Well, for the licensed ones anyway. Lovely stuff.

- Interface looks a bit "busy". I'm sure it's down to just being new, but it's a lot of information thrown in at once. It does look nice and clean though.

- Setting of individual competition expectations. I like, very much.

- Team meeting hasn't really changed either. Not so bothered about the content though as long as it works as realistically as possible

- Finances screen is a lot more useful, and a lot less wasted space.

- I wish there was an option to collapse the sidebar though - it does take up an awful lot of space, and I'm used to the FM15 skin I had cutting it down.

- I like the Prozone part on the processing screen. Nice touch.

- Press conferences initially seem just like they always were, witha couple of new questions. Bit disappointing, but I doubt I would use them extensively anyway.

- Philosophies screen is a lot cleaner and easier to understand

- The tactics screen seems so much more intuitive than before, particularly in setting up how you want to play.

- Stats screen looks alot more detailed, and you can present a lot more data at once, which is always good. Yet to delve too deep.

That's all so far - yet to really get in depth into much of it.

I'm getting quite annoyed at custom views on squad selection pre-match screen constantly mucking up, changing order, changing column width. It's barely an exagerration to say that screen has been going mental for me.

I also saw the string of text in the prozone stats while processing "Team X have the leakiest defence leaking 2 goals in just 1 matches" (with competition name in there and words to that effect).

Not only should it be "1 match" but also it isn't really stat-worthy. Is there any way to add in a filter to only show remotely interesting statistics?

I'm getting quite annoyed at custom views on squad selection pre-match screen constantly mucking up, changing order, changing column width. It's barely an exagerration to say that screen has been going mental for me.

I also saw the string of text in the prozone stats while processing "Team X have the leakiest defence leaking 2 goals in just 1 matches" (with competition name in there and words to that effect).

Not only should it be "1 match" but also it isn't really stat-worthy. Is there any way to add in a filter to only show remotely interesting statistics?

All worthy of posting as bugs http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/502-Football-Manager-2016-Beta-Forums

Sorry if this question doesn't belong here but it is regarding the beta and pre-order of FM..

I just wanted to know if i pre-ordered FM on steam right now then would payment come out of my bank instantly?

I ask because i don't get paid until tomorrow but just wondered if i could risk pre-ordering now..

Thanks

• Administrators
Dunno If this is the right place to put this. But How come on create a club I can't go past the creating your clubs name bit and I can't quit from that screen?

You need to enter all of the information and click outside of the text field you're typing in and click [Next]

Sorry if this question doesn't belong here but it is regarding the beta and pre-order of FM..

I just wanted to know if i pre-ordered FM on steam right now then would payment come out of my bank instantly?

I ask because i don't get paid until tomorrow but just wondered if i could risk pre-ordering now..

Thanks

Yes, payment would be immediate.

I realise I'm at risk of sounding like a real football manager here, but even in the championship I get a news item saying I'm interested in signing the vast majority of players I scout.

It's quite right that there should be premature news items about players you are only briefly looking into, but in terms of unquantifiable general feedback I feel it needs toned down slightly, at present I can get about 5 identical news items on a single click of continue

Dunno If this is the right place to put this. But How come on create a club I can't go past the creating your clubs name bit and I can't quit from that screen?

That's where i got to as well. Couldn't get any further than that and couldn't quit.

Was recommended to report it in the bugs forum. I haven't done so yet.

There are many many things to love (actually adore) in this beta - Prozone analysis in FMT, Prozone camera view, improved ME animations

BUT

Good lord above, the create-a-manager feature is one of the most awful harrowing things I have ever seen, an absolute abomination.

Can I turn it off? I'd rather be invisible, it's hideous.

Right,

When I go to the Individual training screen to set each players training, some of my players don't appear to set to the training I give them:

training_1.jpg

So, in this image you can see that Lingard & Schweinsteiger have no training set for them, yet I have set them both to Inside Forward and deep lying playmaker respectively, but it isn't showing on the training screen.

• Administrators
Right,

When I go to the Individual training screen to set each players training, some of my players don't appear to set to the training I give them:

training_1.jpg

So, in this image you can see that Lingard & Schweinsteiger have no training set for them, yet I have set them both to Inside Forward and deep lying playmaker respectively, but it isn't showing on the training screen.

Can you please post this here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/509

Thanks

We seem to have the same issue every year on this thread people...

If there are specific issues with the game, as demonstrated brilliantly by Dave Hanson above for instance, can we make sure it is being posted :

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/502-Football-Manager-2016-Beta-Forums

Otherwise it is unlikely to get seen and looked at efficiently.

Please.

This thread is for general feedback, not really for reporting bugs and errors, but by all means bring them up here if you have done the above first.

Ive seen many people say they have moved their FM15 graphics over with success, ive moved all my appropriate folders over to FM16's counterpart with no luck.

Any special option I should be ticking or unticking to get my graphics working? Any help appreciated.

How to change the Sports Interactive folder location [universal]

To change the location of your Sports Interactive folder which contains save games, graphics and other files you need to add a command line to the game launch options.

To do this follow the instructions below:

- First of all create the folder in the location you want it to be

- Go into Steam and right-click on the game.

- Select 'Properties'

- Click 'Set Launch Options...'

- Copy the following into the dialogue box: --user_data_location="path"

- In the "path" section, enter the exact path where you created your folder.

The next time you launch the game, your Sports Interactive files will be saved to this folder.

And don't forget to untick skin cache and reload the skin in preferences.

How to change the Sports Interactive folder location [universal]

To change the location of your Sports Interactive folder which contains save games, graphics and other files you need to add a command line to the game launch options.

To do this follow the instructions below:

- First of all create the folder in the location you want it to be

- Go into Steam and right-click on the game.

- Select 'Properties'

- Click 'Set Launch Options...'

- Copy the following into the dialogue box: --user_data_location="path"

- In the "path" section, enter the exact path where you created your folder.

The next time you launch the game, your Sports Interactive files will be saved to this folder.

And don't forget to untick skin cache and reload the skin in preferences.

Legend as per sir.

Thanks.

• SI Staff
should this be in a pros section by the scout player x would want 45-92k a week?

Depends who you are managing and who the player is. How much wage budget does you club have available?

If he is easily affordable in your current wage structure then I would say that is probably correct to be displayed as a Pro. If you couldn't afford his wages then that should be a con.

Cheers,

Ben

Some might, some won't. They aren't going to be supported fully as, of course, they were designed for fm15.

You can't import/ load Fm15 shortlists on to FM16. I am absolutely gutted! I had hundreds of players on that list and I have been importing the file successfully for years.

Really not happy...

Can't remember if this was the case in previous FM's but, I signed a player when my team were a day or two into a training camp but there was no way for me to include him into the camp. Would be useful to be able to add him considering the there was so much time left

Teams without squad numbers still have the 1-11's in the wrong place on the pitch. At least in previous versions, the left back was always No.3, but now it's No.5. I know you can manually sort it, but it's a bit of a hassle and can mess with the player instructions if done wrong. How hard would it have been to have the back four as the normal numbers and even 9 and 10 as the two default forward numbers, with 7 and 11 as the wingers. This has irked me for years now, but to not even get the LB right this year is just laziness.

You need to enter all of the information and click outside of the text field you're typing in and click [Next]

I entered all the information bits and clicked outside of the text and I still couldn't get past the changing names bit, All I could do was go back to the choose your team to replace screen.

Archived