Football Manager 2016 - Official Beta Feedback

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok.

I am not a woman, however.....

If I was a woman, I would have big boobs. :lol: No seriously, I would. If I didn't have natural curves in that area I would go and see about getting them done.

Now, I have just had a little look at what my female Manager persona would look like and..... :herman:

I'm not impressed. :D

Countless clubs with kits not matching kit colours. I mean really, how hard is it?

kit%20colours_zpstsozz317.png

Otherwise though, a smooth experience to report so far.

Are you saying the kits shown in the bottom left are not a match for the real life kits? Is so please post about that in data section - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437311-England-National-League-South-%E2%80%93-Level-6-(Official)-Data-Issues

If the colour of the top banner not matching the kit would be worth a mention in the UI section. - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/509-User-Interface-Issues

Ok.

I am not a woman, however.....

If I was a woman, I would have big boobs. :lol: No seriously, I would. If I didn't have natural curves in that area I would go and see about getting them done.

Now, I have just had a little look at what my female Manager persona would look like and..... :herman:

I'm not impressed. :D

I made myself my actual height and weight and... fair enough I stand to use a few pounds but my guy looked like Mr. Blobby!

6"4 and 115kg seems to tilt more towards the morbidly obese rather than the recently retired rugby player...

Right. I am not having this! :lol:

I weigh 106kg but as an ex rugby player and someone who is still in very good nick I am not impressed at all at how FM makes me look. :mad:

I look like a cross between a TeleTubby, a Weebles Wobble, (before your time kids), and a James Bond Villian!

what is single file or 3 file rolling auto save and up?
Single file means that when using autosave FM will constantly overwrite the same file, rolling file will create a v01, v02 v03, etc & cycle through each one so that if you encounter an issue there's a greater chance of having a save point from before the game date where that problem occurred, the new file option is just that, each autosave creates an entirely new save file which is great for testing but murder of drive space.

Just a quick question...

In Create A Club mode, is it possible to have a Welsh team in the English leagues (like Cardiff and Swansea)?

I have both England and Wales as playable nations but when I try to create a club for the English lowest league I am only given the option of locating it in an English city.

Single file means that when using autosave FM will constantly overwrite the same file, rolling file will create a v01, v02 v03, etc & cylce through each one so that if you encounter an issue there's a greater chance of having a save point from before the game date where that problem occurred, the new file option is just that, each autosave creates an entirely new save file which is great for testing but murder of drive space.

Cheers mate :)

I left the help feature on to tell me about new features, so there are occasionally the yellow circles on my screen.

Whenever i click on one it goes to a green X then goes away, and hovering over them does nothing.

Is the help being held back till after beta? (I've turned it off now anyway)

Did you use a mirrored image for the manager on the right side of the start screen? ;)

Is it possible to change the game folder location from somewhere n the preferences?

Details on how to change folder location are in the FAQ section - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437015-Football-Manager-2016-Frequently-Asked-Questions-Pre-Release-Beta?p=10524616&viewfull=1#post10524616

I left the help feature on to tell me about new features, so there are occasionally the yellow circles on my screen.

Whenever i click on one it goes to a green X then goes away, and hovering over them does nothing.

AFAIK it should be working as if a full release, worth raising in the UI section

- http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/509-User-Interface-Issues

I found the same thing. Although it does work as intended (i assume) on certain screens.

Loaded all countries and leagues with a large database.

Just as in FM15 i get, on match day, All Stars matches from other places in the world.

Just one for now and the first one up is the Korean All-Star Cup. I have no idea why it comes up

as i'm not subscribed to anything remotely close that. Nor do i have the slightest interest in that match.

Just a quick question...

In Create A Club mode, is it possible to have a Welsh team in the English leagues (like Cardiff and Swansea)?

I have both England and Wales as playable nations but when I try to create a club for the English lowest league I am only given the option of locating it in an English city.

Thanks for raising this point dalesinwales. Created clubs must be located in the same country that their league is based.

• Administrators
Loaded all countries and leagues with a large database.

Just as in FM15 i get, on match day, All Stars matches from other places in the world.

Just one for now and the first one up is the Korean All-Star Cup. I have no idea why it comes up

as i'm not subscribed to anything remotely close that. Nor do i have the slightest interest in that match.

Raise the issue here please, ideally with a save game which shows it - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/506-Other-Gameplay-Issues

Thanks.

Another quick question.....

Not sure what SI/you would call it, but to me it is motion blur, when you do a certain action like, for instance, make an enquiry for a player the background blurs out and just leaves the 'action' you have done in a box for you to read.

Is there anyway to stop the blur(ing) out? It makes my eyes go funny, so am hoping there is a way to turn it off?

• Administrators
I see that you are unable to sign into Social Media. Is that just because it is the Demo/Beta?

Yes it is

Right. I am not having this! :lol:

I weigh 106kg but as an ex rugby player and someone who is still in very good nick I am not impressed at all at how FM makes me look. :mad:

I look like a cross between a TeleTubby, a Weebles Wobble, (before your time kids), and a James Bond Villian!

I look like - shortround

Are we reporting crashes here?

Crashed when i changed resolution from fullscreen to windowed (running Windows 10)

-Runs smooth

-Layout in general is alright, will need some getting used to as its a massive change from 14/15

-I like the new layout of the Staff overview screen, could do with some altering such as under each section in the STAFF tab, underneath the icons it says 'One Manager', 'One Assistant Manager' etc, I would prefer numbers mainly because i think it would be neater?

-Tactics! The Position/Role/Duty looks much nicer than FM15's cheap and tacky look. The loading bar is kind of cool too.

NOT a fan of the 2 skins, will wait until the mods get tinkering.

I cannot fault it so far good job.

Are we reporting crashes here?

Crashed when i changed resolution from fullscreen to windowed (running Windows 10)

-Runs smooth

-Layout in general is alright, will need some getting used to as its a massive change from 14/15

-I like the new layout of the Staff overview screen, could do with some altering such as under each section in the STAFF tab, underneath the icons it says 'One Manager', 'One Assistant Manager' etc, I would prefer numbers mainly because i think it would be neater?

-Tactics! The Position/Role/Duty looks much nicer than FM15's cheap and tacky look. The loading bar is kind of cool too.

NOT a fan of the 2 skins, will wait until the mods get tinkering.

I cannot fault it so far good job.

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/502-Football-Manager-2016-Beta-Forums

Here please!

I am at work right now, so I have not been able to fire up the Beta, but I was curious is something got added for FM16. It is very small but a finite detail that can make things a lot smoother. When I loan out a player, something I get damn near 30 or even more offers. I would absolutely love it if there was a filter where I can filter out the offers that are only guaranteeing a backup or rotation role and only show the ones that are offering first team and valuable first team roes. That would be awesome. And a cherry on the top would be to somewhere on the same screen, like right beneath the club name, display the training facility rating and also projected finish. I like sending my players on loan to clubs that are projected to do pretty good and who also have good facilities. All that would be phenomenal, but I know it is a tiny thing that may not be worth it for programers.

Does anyone else have a viewpoint on all out-of-contract players being Red/gold?

I understand it differentiates them from those still in their national squads, but I preferred it when they had national colours (even though free agents having their own colours rings a bell as having been that way a while)

I like the game and I want to be as constructive in my feedback as possible.

Its horrifying. The creatures eyes appear to follow me around the room, staring from my screen. I'm afraid if I turn away, it will crawl through the screen and into my room.

Will this feature be removed after Halloween?

I'm having a bit of a problem with this. I want to move the folder location from C drive to D drive. If I put this --user_data_location=D:\ into the "set launch options" field, several folders, which I think should be inside the FM folder, are created directly on the D drive (which I do not want). If I use this --user_data_location=D:\FM 16 Folder\ address, no folders appear when I re-launch the game whether or not I have my self created the "FM 16 Folder" directory or not. Any ideas?

BY the way, thanks to the Mods Barside, Welshace, and all the SI staff for answering all these questions and being on call. :applause:

I really should go & cook myself something to eat, might even treat myself to some FM time when I'm done.

• SI Staff
When buying a coach does adding a secondary role take away from his first? would his stats decline?

Secondary jobs should not reduce the attributes of staff with secondary roles.

A staff member employed as a coach/scout will be less effective in their roles compared to if they just had single jobs as a coach or as a scout.

A coach/scout would be less effective in his coaching duties than he would be if hired as just a coach. The coach/scout would return less reports and will be more likely to miss a suitable player when on scouting assignments.

Dual roles enable clubs in lower leagues to be a little more flexible with their tighter staff limits by having a staff member covering two roles.

Cheers,

Ben

Played 4 or 5 games. Here's my mini review so far.

I will come back and add more detail in the future.

Match Engine

I'm pretty sure this is going to be the best match engine yet.

It's so fluid and it really reflects the tactics you choose. Overlapping works like a dream. Key passes through the middle of the pitch are plentiful. There's not an over reliance on wing play which has been a problem with FM in the last few years. The animations are fantastic and the range of tactical options at your disposal really make themselves known. It's so much easier to analyse what's going on. This is made even better by the new 'Team Instruction' interface.

My only niggle so far is that dribbling seems a bit underpowered. With a dribbiling of 20, I only make an average of 1 - 2 successful dribbles per game. I will make this known if it continues in future games.

UI

The interface is quick and responsive. The new tactic screen looks fine. I actually prefer this one to FM2015. It's sleek and informative and enables you to make quick changes without shifting views from one side of the screen to the other. The borderless options is great too. Everything seems neat and tidy.

One gripe, would be the character screen. It's far too cluttered in my opinion. A lot of the options are still very 'maze-like'. Preferred moves for example.

Secondary jobs should not reduce the attributes of staff with secondary roles.

A staff member employed as a coach/scout will be less effective in their roles compared to if they just had single jobs as a coach or as a scout.

A coach/scout would be less effective in his coaching duties than he would be if hired as just a coach. The coach/scout would return less reports and will be more likely to miss a suitable player when on scouting assignments.

Cheers,

Ben

Yeah! i thought as much, thanks pal

It's nice, isn't it? Having a first look now and it's the first viable 3D view that gives you a sense of your whole team shape consistently. I tried the Sideline Rail too, and it has nice elements but the attacking third just seems too far away.

I also like it, will take a little getting used to but on a 32" screen it really helps keep an eye on what players off the ball are doing & is easier on the eye than the behind goal cam I have sued until now.

Archived