Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.3.0

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't really want help, i get much more satisfaction from being my own coach, i'm just at a loss, i've tried alot of formations and roles etc and nothing is working, i will keep trying until i'm sacked, which judging on current form won't be long

i'm usually good at tactics and roles but this version has me stumped, keep trying the drawing board though, i've build a rep up so i should get a decent job after this anyway

i don't really want help, i get much more satisfaction from being my own coach,

Every manager out there learned from someone else, and the best ones keep learning. No one in the Tactics forum is going to just give you a tactic, but maybe you would benefit from understanding what is going wrong with your save. If your team went to crap after the patch, then whatever tactic you were using was taking advantage of a ME deficiency (intentionally or not). The patch didn't break any tactic that was conceived on sound principles.

Anyone else now unable to amend their Match Training when the Scouting Report comes up on the News Item?

Mine is stuck on Att. Movement.

Schloppy stuff, SI, very schloppy.

Apparently if you have one of your staff take responsibility for match tactics or other areas of the game it appears that you can no longer override them - you have to take control of that area yourself.

Yeah they have changed things with staff responsibility, something that was easy before you now have to change in a different section instead of just overriding, very strange idea to do this.

It was easy before you just did what you wanted to, now you have to go into a different section to change it, no idea what the thinking was behind this, it goes for all staff responsibilities such as individual player training etc.

A very strange move by SI.

Can it be explained why the start dates are fixed to 2014 for certain leagues which are run from Jan-Dec like some of the South American leagues?

Brazil, for example, can usually be started in the 2015 season after the January patch which updates the previous season's relegations etc. For some reason this year, it can't be changed.

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/grud-5EIFaM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

this aint right

that just looks absurd whats the point in viewing game .............this is a cracker too perhaps look even funnier:D

obviously it isn't though

I Love.Love.Love. the addition of % to the graph "wheels" on the player stat page - I would sometimes actually open up the calculator on my phone to compare my keepers performances before.....

Though to be fair, I have been called strange once or twice......

Can it be explained why the start dates are fixed to 2014 for certain leagues which are run from Jan-Dec like some of the South American leagues?

Brazil, for example, can usually be started in the 2015 season after the January patch which updates the previous season's relegations etc. For some reason this year, it can't be changed.

Earlier in the thread it was posted that if you are including the MLS in your set of leagues then you cannot start in 2015 due to the license agreement with MLS. If you drop MLS this should be possible. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/420975-Official-Football-Manager-2015-Feedback-Thread-15.3.0?p=10199004&viewfull=1#post10199004

Must say after a few more games I like the patch defensively but open play goals have dried up for both myself and the opposition and sadly crosses seem to have been nuked to the lowest possible level. Players just seem to shoot straight at the keeper and there seems only one way of scoring from open play and that is a straight through ball.

Defensively though I think it is the best it has ever been. Players are jockeying, closing down and some great tackles are made and some of the defensive headers are excellent.

Quite disappointing in some ways because I think if you had the attacking play of the first patch and defending play of this you would have a good engine.

Maybe it's my tactics!

Must say after a few more games I like the patch defensively but open play goals have dried up for both myself and the opposition and sadly crosses seem to have been nuked to the lowest possible level. Players just shoot straight at the keeper and there seems only one way of scoring from open play and that is a straight through ball. Quite disappointing because I think if you had the attacking play of the first patch and defending play of this you would have a good engine.

Once again you're rushing to judgement, no way have you had time to properly explore all the avenues.

So, there's three games left till the end of the season. My centre half knocks on the door saying he wants to join Chelsea. I ask what would it take to keep him, he says he needs to be at a club who can win the title. That's a bit beyond my team right now, so I agree that I'll sell him if a bid comes in, but I need him to stay for the season. He goes crazy saying he can't wait as long as that.

WTF?

There's only 3 games left, and the transfer window's not open yet anyway. And besides, there's been no bid.

Honestly, I thought this kind of nonsense was fixed.

So, there's three games left till the end of the season. My centre half knocks on the door saying he wants to join Chelsea. I ask what would it take to keep him, he says he needs to be at a club who can win the title. That's a bit beyond my team right now, so I agree that I'll sell him if a bid comes in, but I need him to stay for the season. He goes crazy saying he can't wait as long as that.

WTF?

There's only 3 games left, and the transfer window's not open yet anyway. And besides, there's been no bid.

Honestly, I thought this kind of nonsense was fixed.

Might be residual from before the update? certainly worth waiting a bit to see if it's isolated.

Might be residual from before the update? certainly worth waiting a bit to see if it's isolated.

In fairness, this is a save that started in or just after the beta, so it's gone through a fair bit of upheaval, but still. I'll be starting a new save over the next few days, I'll be monitoring these pesky interactions!

Once again you're rushing to judgement, no way have you had time to properly explore all the avenues.

Fair point but players are hitting shots straight at the keeper. Angled shots across the keeper are rare from what I have seen so far and whilst keepers are vastly improved they are getting to shots that IRL would be impossible to get to on the rare occasion that a shot seems to have beaten him.

It IMO isn't a tactical issue. Same tactic as previous patch and strikers on that patch were certainly were hitting shots into the corners, and getting headers or volleys from crosses. Now as I say they shoot straight at the keeper and crosses are rare, and it's not just my players, the AI strikers are doing the same. In my last 9 games the only high scoring game was a 2-3 reverse against Liverpool. All others are 1-1, 0-0, 0-0, 1-1, 2-0, 1-0, 1-0, 1-1, - Plenty of shots by both teams but few CCC's and a high proportions of shots are straight at the keeper.

Defender/ Keeper AI seems a bit silly.

Made a clearance from my own box, which lands and rolls deep in the oppositions half (and towards their goal). They have a defender chasing the ball who then stops as their keeper also made a movement to the ball....he then stops allowing my player Aarons to chase the ball down and score, neither the defender or goalkeeper bothered to react to what was happening. The ball had rolled to the edge of the box until my player picked it up too, keeper just backtracked to his goal instead of going for the ball.

Defender/ Keeper AI seems a bit silly.

Made a clearance from my own box, which lands and rolls deep in the oppositions half (and towards their goal). They have a defender chasing the ball who then stops as their keeper also made a movement to the ball....he then stops allowing my player Aarons to chase the ball down and score, neither the defender or goalkeeper bothered to react to what was happening. The ball had rolled to the edge of the box until my player picked it up too, keeper just backtracked to his goal instead of going for the ball.

A pkm in the bugs forum would be much appreciated.

Earlier in the thread it was posted that if you are including the MLS in your set of leagues then you cannot start in 2015 due to the license agreement with MLS. If you drop MLS this should be possible. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/420975-Official-Football-Manager-2015-Feedback-Thread-15.3.0?p=10199004&viewfull=1#post10199004

Oh, thanks for this!

Hi, I'm finding the UI slow/laggy when im changing players on the tactics screen and giving teamtalks. When I click the clear cache button in prefernces nothing happens, as in the button doesn't seem to work. Is there another way I can clear the cache? I'm using the deafault skin if that matters at all.

In some ways this may be more of a suggestion but I play both FMC and the full game. There are elements I like to each, but one thing I would perhaps like to see is when setting up the game perhaps specific modules/elements of the game you can tick to have active or inactive.

For example, a particular strength of mine when playing the game is training and developing players, on a team and individual level and to get the full scope of this, but I'm not so great at team talks and managing the media side. It just feels like if the various elements of the game were there in fairly broad categories you could pick and choose what you fancy then it would be a bit more of a personalised and enjoyable game for the player just through the interface of something similar to the league selection screen.

Of course, its a whole lot more complex than that but I think it would be something nice in the future.

I managed to get the player animations back by uninstalling the game (first putting my saves and my add-ons somewhere safe), removing every SI or FM folder from my computer, I mean everything, run CCleaner's registry cleaner, reinstalled FM, put my saves back in place, loaded my latest save, played the next match. Yay, players animations are back. Whether this will stick, or if it's just temporary, we shall see.

The whole interaction part is something I really can't get into. I can see a few might throw in a little realism - you know, the odd curve ball here and there - but currently it's way over the top and think, personally, that the way it's been implemented as being a huge mistake for the game.

Apart from that, it's good to see that the guys up in the SI Towers haven't lost their sense of humor...

Well Kriss' game is quite high scoring... 5 goals cropping up a few times in there.

The United file is probably an ultra-attacking tactic.

What's wrong with your eyesight? :D the only 5 goal score was the one least likely to be, we produced a cup giant killing \muscle/

Otherwise for Brazil div 2 it's not high at all overall.

I think most of us are experiencing 'quite high scoring' and most of us are using ultra-attacking tactics...

I use 4-2-3-1- narrow and usually normal or control depending on opposition and whether it's home or away, certainly not ultra attacking.

As I said for Brazil Div 2 there's nothing high about those scores, especially as I have one of the best teams in the division currently.

I think most of us are experiencing 'quite high scoring' and most of us are using ultra-attacking tactics...

Well given in general we only see our own saves we have only those to judge from.

Looking at my own save I didn't have a problem with high scores before the patch and I don't now. I'm not sure exactly how many matches I've played since the patch but its somewhere between 10 & 20 - These are my last 20 results:

Games.png

I use 4-2-3-1- narrow and usually normal or control depending on opposition and whether it's home or away, certainly not ultra attacking.

As I said for Brazil Div 2 there's nothing high about those scores, especially as I have one of the best teams in the division currently.

I appreciate that Kriss, but you are going to find that most gamers are going to play the way that makes their teams win by bigger margines un-instinctively.

It's not everyone that has the discipline to keep their hands off the "score many goals" tick box in the tactical settings department ;)

i play as Cardiff but i can only play in blue if I start a new game. I've only done 2 seasons but that's taken me 4 months. Is there a way around this as I don't want to be in red, it doesnt reflect the club :(

btw. thanks for the thought in changing the colour! but I wish it could be save compatible.

Just rattled off half a season:

utv9e.jpg

These high scoring games are killing the realism for me, personally. Seeing it on Ai v Ai too.

Anyone else finding this?

So show us some AI v AI results that look the same, and also share what tactic are you using to achieve this with. I am seeing nothing of the sort in my save, nor was it ever seen like this in the lead up to the release of the patch.

Archived