Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.3.0

CPU had an injured player (7 minutes, first half) and did not substitute him

Bug

Well then, please start a thread in the ME section of the bugs forum and provide SI a PKM so they can look into it.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It depends when in the day you give them the rest instruction. If it's before Midday it will count for that day, otherwise it rolls over and so will show as 1 extra.

Cheers.

Ah okay, got it. Is this new since the update or has it always been this way? 'cause this makes thing a whole lot better.

Ok, I just had something really weird happen...

I was playing Arsenal and as a cross came into the box Szechney went to catch it (was on about the 6 yard line). At this point the referee gives me a free kick for hand ball by Szechney despite it being in the 6 yard box and him being a goal keeper. So far so weird. At this point 5 Arsenal players milled about on the goal line (not formed into a wall) and Szechney and a couple of others go and stand about 5 yards to the right of the goal, leaving me with two players standing over the ball. My players then laid the ball off and someone blasted it into a player on the line so the ball was then cleared. So to sum up everything weird about this...handball given against the goalkeeper, given as a free kick but on the 6 yard line, keeper choses to stand nowhere near the goal and my players then miss from 5 yards.

Ok, I just had something really weird happen...

I was playing Arsenal and as a cross came into the box Szechney went to catch it (was on about the 6 yard line). At this point the referee gives me a free kick for hand ball by Szechney despite it being in the 6 yard box and him being a goal keeper. So far so weird. At this point 5 Arsenal players milled about on the goal line (not formed into a wall) and Szechney and a couple of others go and stand about 5 yards to the right of the goal, leaving me with two players standing over the ball. My players then laid the ball off and someone blasted it into a player on the line so the ball was then cleared. So to sum up everything weird about this...handball given against the goalkeeper, given as a free kick but on the 6 yard line, keeper choses to stand nowhere near the goal and my players then miss from 5 yards.

Could you report it here with a PKM please: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/447-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

I have a question, in the patch notes there is nothing there about players becoming more likely to get unhappy and talk to the manager about playing time. Yet, from what I've seen, it's become pretty much unbearable (I'm not really sure I can keep playing this version, to be completely honest. It wrecks the whole experience for me). I don't want to tell this player that I promise to loan them. I don't want to promise to sell them. I don't want to promise to let them go after the season. I want to tell them "Dude, you've played in every single game and started half of them. SHUT. UP." Sometimes, the "it's a long season, be patient and you'll get your chance" option is there, sometimes it's not. But quite frankly the best way to handle this seems to be to decline to talk to the player and then try to smooth things over with whichever stupid teammates come to talk to you. At least in that conversation, there are options that the players tend to accept.

Particularly, if you tell players that you're doing something for someone's own good, they seem to usually accept it and move on.

I'm at my wit's end here. This is a horribly not-fun system right now and I'm extremely disappointed that it seems to have gotten much worse after the update, when the patch notes seem to imply that it should have gotten better.

By saying the changelist includes but "isn't limited to" now seems to mean whilst Si has improved some areas they've broken quite a few that weren't broken prior to the update. This didn't happen anywhere near as bad with FM14 so why are there so many problems ?? I also don't want to hear the regular add-on argument as the popularity of FM is largely based on its editable capability so it only seems sensible to me to test updates with popular third party skins,kits,logos etc before being released. The alternative is for Si to say "take or leave it". If that's the case I can guarantee sales will plummet !!

By saying the changelist includes but "isn't limited to" now seems to mean whilst Si has improved some areas they've broken quite a few that weren't broken prior to the update. This didn't happen anywhere near as bad with FM14 so why are there so many problems ?? I also don't want to hear the regular add-on argument as the popularity of FM is largely based on its editable capability so it only seems sensible to me to test updates with popular third party skins,kits,logos etc before being released. The alternative is for Si to say "take or leave it". If that's the case I can guarantee sales will plummet !!

I guarantee sales would plummet more if SI had to test all "popular third party skins, kits, logos etc" because they would never release an update, or would have significantly less time to actually develop and test the update on the core, unaltered game, which is what the vast majority actually play.

• Administrators

If you think anything has been broken since the update please take the time to raise it on our bugs forum so we can be made aware of the specific issue and look into it. Thanks.

What I should have said is "to generate your shot counts (not score lines!), I'd have to go really gung-ho with my Duties."

It's more than possible to win comfortably with a more refined approach to chance creation. A common theme on the forum is that users occasionally post screens of games with 50+ shots and a few goals. Whilst it is arguable that these shot counts should be reduced by a more appropriate AI approach to defending these onslaughts, what is equally clear is that if you are taking 50 shots in a game, your approach is inefficient and overly offensive in that match.

I said the same yesterday, but would people prefer a locked down game where your stats are locked to generate 12-15 shots per match, 2.7 goals, x tackles, y headers? You can still generate outlying stats in the game as a result of the combination of your inputs and the AI strategy. If anyone is regularly seeing high shot counts and a relatively inefficient return for those shots, then my stance is that they need to reel in their approach to those matches.

Imo the problem in FM always have been that the ME favors attacking tactics. The risk of getting punished due to overly attacking tactic is significantly lower than the rewards. It has always been like this. That's why majority of people play with extremely attacking tactics, because they care more about winning then seeing realistic scorelines. If you have the stronger team, just attack like crazy for 90 minutes, and chances are you will win that match 5-2, 6-3, etc., whereas if you play with a balanced tactic, the chance of getting a surprising draw or loss increases.

The only way people will stop doing that, is to continue improving AI defending and counter attacking. If people start losing such games 4-3, 5-4, due to leaving too much space in the back when attacking with 8-9 players, only then they will do something about it.

That's a strawman. Nobody's asking for that. What I want is an AI that a) won't let itself be bombarded like this without trying to react and b) aggressively counters any team that recklessly throws men forward. No team should just sit back and allow the opponents to have 50 shots at goal whilst winning 6-0. The defending Spanish champions definitely shouldn't. I really like the tactical flexibility in FM15 but I expected the AI to become more competitive in the final ME version. Instead their approach has remained the same and it's compounded by ME changes that make them even more helpless when confronted with an onslaught. I personally find that a tad disappointing.

+1

The problem is not that 50 shots per game is possible, but a team attacking recklessly not being punished.

Sometimes I check out the threads in FM-Online. There is a reason why every human manager experience 5 goals/game in their matches, instead of 2.50-2.80 (RL averages), and that reason is not that all of them just prefer attacking style. They all want to win, and they all know that it is a lot easier to win with attacking tactics.

Wooders;10200925']Bit of a strange one.

But has anyone else's mouse back button stopped working in game?

My mouse's back button is working no problems out of the game and i can even define the use of the back button as the mouse in the preferences options....but in game...not happening!

I've got the same issue, did you get anywhere with solving it?

Imo the problem in FM always have been that the ME favors attacking tactics. The risk of getting punished due to overly attacking tactic is significantly lower than the rewards. It has always been like this. That's why majority of people play with extremely attacking tactics, because they care more about winning then seeing realistic scorelines. If you have the stronger team, just attack like crazy for 90 minutes, and chances are you will win that match 5-2, 6-3, etc., whereas if you play with a balanced tactic, the chance of getting a surprising draw or loss increases.

The only way people will stop doing that, is to continue improving AI defending and counter attacking. If people start losing such games 4-3, 5-4, due to leaving too much space in the back when attacking with 8-9 players, only then they will do something about it.

This is one of the best post i read. I can't understand the reason why after 3 patches this issue still persists ( and probably never fixed since we understood that no other ME fixes will be made for FM2015 ). And the answer cannot be " your tactic is not realistic, please change it ". In real life, if a team plays every match with an extremely attacking tactic for 90 minutes, they will start losing after 1 or 2 matches.

The real issue is the IA that this year is too easy to exploit ( even unintentionally ) and honestly it is not acceptable that we have to pay another Football Manager (2016) to get it fixed.

Hi all,

I have problems to use my additional mouse buttons to navigate to previous/next screen - they just do not work anymore.

It seems one user had a solution for this, but to be honest... I do not understand... can someone please help? Below the quote:

There's a small but really annoying UI bug in the new update. The forward/back buttons on my mouse are not working as they used to when assigned to "interface - navigation - forward/back". They only work when the cursor is hovering the actual forward/back buttons at the top of the screen, which defeats the purpose of binding them to separate mouse buttons.

I tried deleting and re-binding them, but the problem still persists.

EDIT: Binding these to keyboard keys works as intended.

This is one of the best post i read. I can't understand the reason why after 3 patches this issue still persists ( and probably never fixed since we understood that no other ME fixes will be made for FM2015 ). And the answer cannot be " your tactic is not realistic, please change it ". In real life, if a team plays every match with an extremely attacking tactic for 90 minutes, they will start losing after 1 or 2 matches.

The real issue is the IA that this year is too easy to exploit ( even unintentionally ) and honestly it is not acceptable that we have to pay another Football Manager (2016) to get it fixed.

Ever consider - and I know this is a big stretch - that it might actually be quite difficult to fix? Or, more accurately, it's very difficult to fix without causing issues elsewhere. Maybe that'll help your understanding. If you start blocking out extremely attacking tactics, then what happens to the number of goals? Does it go to the realistic level, or does it go far beyond, so that you just replace the angry "too many shots/goals" crowd with a similar "too few goals" pitchfork mob.

The bottom line, if SI believe something in the ME "isn't right", either through imbalance or just plain bugs, then they will absolutely attempt to fix it. If it doesn't get fixed, it won't be for want of trying. The ME is ridiculously complex, as they keep saying. But yeah, all it takes is just to "fix" something and everything will be OK...

Nothing like losing a game due to the goalkeeper ignoring his instruction (distribute to fullback), instead he thinks booting the ball up the pitch to the imaginary striker (sending off, 3 injuries..had no striker.)...only for the opposition to get the ball and counter instantly and score.

Wonderful.

Same thing has been happening to me every game. Despite the fact that the FBs are always available to pass to

this 3d match engine has been out 6 yrs or so and its still has problems, work on that instead of sales

I thought that the ME wasn't the same as the 3D? The ME is the same if you watch it in text / 2D or 3D surely. The gfx that they over lay on top of that is just a representation of what the ME is actually trying to do.

As they've been refining both the 3D (animations / physics etc) and the ME behind it all then to say work on it is kind of what they've been doing (for, like, ever).

I'm not saying that there are no issues but it's not as easy as 'fixing' it. I may work in IT but I'm no coder; even I know that you can't change complicated code without there being repercussions all over the shop.

That's assuming you're talking about the ME rather than the gfx of course.

my defenders are terrible in away games and my keeper has taken up dodge ball.

still far too many players falling over as well.

and favours attacking tactics? bull 2 away game pre season friendlies against Belgian 2nd division and Livingston with man utd

3-3

3-5

opposition first game had THREE shots on target and scored 3. and the next game they had 4 and scored 3 while i had over 10.

Just bought a key from mygamekeys or smt but im terribly disappointed it will only come next morning.

Just came from last exam and rly had great plans for this friday. Playing fm15 until dawn.. but now... what should i do? I'm tempted to buy another key from a better seller ffs.

But first I'll email them and ask to send the key now pls. Or should i call?

If you think anything has been broken since the update please take the time to raise it on our bugs forum so we can be made aware of the specific issue and look into it. Thanks.

Sorry, but... what would be the point of that considering

There are no plans for any future updates. If you want to play FM15 at all, I would suggest doing so now. Thanks.

?

We have people saying there are less shots (including one poster who usefully logged a bug report with appropriate evidence prior to this update) and a couple of images showing a lot of shots. As ever, the Match Engine responds to its inputs. If you generate a lot of shots, it isn't necessarily the fault of the ME. Unless SI choose to add some constrictive layer of intelligence which suppresses high shot counts, then they will still be possible. In cases where that occurs, it does not mean it is the prevalent experience of all posters. If you played my save, you'd be crying out for more shots :D

No one's asking for the shot counts to be artificially suppressed. That would be pointless. All people are asking is for closing down and defensive pressure to be improved so that shot counts/goals can be more realistic. This issue has been ailing the ME since beta and many users have reported the problem(even up til now) but is still not fixed, so it's really worrying. There's no point dodging the issue and sugar coating with measured words and blaming user tactics for "exploiting the ME", which is ironic because it is precisely because of defensive deficiencies within the ME that the user is able to achieve unrealistic amount of shots and goals with certain overloading/attacking tactics. Similarly , we are most of the time helpless when the AI decides to push men forward playing against us. We are pretty helpless when this happens because defenders are simply unable to cope with such pressure because of their inability to close down and making challenges. They sit way back in their own half even when instructed to close down more and are only capable of backpeddling when attackers run at them and refuse to make challenges most of the time.

Regarding the Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid 50 shot thing. I understand the user was playing as Real? I know that Simeone goes crazy attacking 4-2-4 himself when he starts to lose games, and I wonder if the result is then a case of the user tactic being designed in such a way that it can exploit that tactic mercilessly? I have developed approaches that do that since it seems no matter what team I end up at, Simeone manages my main rivals so I have to play against him all the time. This would then be a problem of the AI not being able to recognise they are getting killed in certain ways and changing accordingly.

Sorry, but... what would be the point of that considering

?

There are no plans for future updates. It means exactly what it says, at present there are no plans for future updates. Plans can change though, particularly if something comes to light that needs fixing. If someone were to come across a showstopper that happened quite regularly, in a predictable and repeatable fashion then there would almost certainly be a future update to fix it.

My original reply to this got deleted. Anticipated that would happen, hehe. Some people just can't handle the hard truth and critical questions. But nvm, i'll repost without the tough one.

This reply?:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/420975-Official-Football-Manager-2015-Feedback-Thread-15.3.0?p=10203152&viewfull=1#post10203152

Anyway, I've said it a few times but just because something happens on your save, doesn't mean it happens on others. It's something I need to be mindful of myself, and I'm quite happy to declare that.

Lots of people have high shots / scores, lots of people don't. That indicates that the ME is not faulty, but that it reacts to a variety of inputs. My save continues to generate shot and goal counts that are in line with what I'd expect. It isn't sugar coating or dodging points, it is my experience. Like it or not, it is more than possible to enjoy a save which generates the sort of outputs you want and expect.

Any issues highlighted will go towards improving FM16.

Counts down the posts until someone says "But I've paid for FM15"........

The thing is that some of these issues appeared with 15.3, so they were not present before. And we don't have the option to return to a previous version, so we are basically forced to play the version we don't like/give up on FM15 and wait for FM16, hoping that these issues are fixed.

I think it is extremely unfair to pretend that ME hasn't improved the last 6 years. It did, and drastically too. Imo it is a great ME to watch, and it also produces very realistic results, as long as the user's tactics are not out of whack, something that no real life manager would use. However, it is still fair imo to expect SI to focus a little more on stopping the exploits / overly attacking tactics, while they continue to improve the ME. Other than this 'real' issue, 15.3 is a fantastic ME, the best I've seen by far.

Any issues highlighted will go towards improving FM16.

Counts down the posts until someone says "But I've paid for FM15"........

And why wouldn't that be a valid remark? "If you want us to fix this buggy thing we've sold you you'll need to pay us an extra 30 quid" should never be an acceptable response. Yet software companies keep thinking they can get away with it. Lots and lots of people have simply left the game (you can't deny the forums are much quieter than they used to be) due to SI becoming more and more like EA: releasing a buggy product and then charging extra for the patch by calling it a new "game".

This reply?:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/420975-Official-Football-Manager-2015-Feedback-Thread-15.3.0?p=10203152&viewfull=1#post10203152

Anyway, I've said it a few times but just because something happens on your save, doesn't mean it happens on others. It's something I need to be mindful of myself, and I'm quite happy to declare that.

Lots of people have high shots / scores, lots of people don't. That indicates that the ME is not faulty, but that it reacts to a variety of inputs. My save continues to generate shot and goal counts that are in line with what I'd expect. It isn't sugar coating or dodging points, it is my experience. Like it or not, it is more than possible to enjoy a save which generates the sort of outputs you want and expect.

My bad, XD. Ok what i'm trying to say is that the ME seems incapable of handling overloading tactics. In a match where both teams are adopting a conservative approach, shot counts are naturally toned down. It is when one team or both go gungho that the ugly surfaces and you see really wacky statistics and results. What i'm worried about is closing down deficiencies within the ME mainly.

And why wouldn't that be a valid remark? "If you want us to fix this buggy thing we've sold you you'll need to pay us an extra 30 quid" should never be an acceptable response. Yet software companies keep thinking they can get away with it. Lots and lots of people have simply left the game (you can't deny the forums are much quieter than they used to be) due to SI becoming more and more like EA: releasing a buggy product and then charging extra for the patch by calling it a new "game".

Comparing them to EA completely loses you any credibility to be fair.

And to expand upon that, whether this is the way the games industry is going or not, SI have always been on the better side of things in the way they deal with the community and their releases. Even when the community gives little respect in return where it's due.

First of all, it isn't valid because it isn't a "buggy thing." If you're a gamer, then you know that almost every release from SI, while not perfect, works well, is quite stable (a few user issues notwithstanding) and is playable, unlike dozens of "finished" games from other companies. Secondly, each new version isn't a patch. A substantial amount of work goes into each version of the game that is produced. A DLC that cost £10 or something that offered primarily bug fixes would be another matter.

Georgik... please read past replies on this very thread... injuries are being discussed at length...

This is the kind of post that gets deleted due to lack of anything constructive... not because it's negative, but because it has no meaning...

But since you asked, some are having a lot of injuries.. some are finding they are having less than expected.. as you would imagine.

Just out of curiosity. What if the major majority of people didn't like something, would Si do something or still keep the policy of "Buy FM16 and hope it's fixed"?

The policy is a fixed one Interfector... SI only have a certain amount of time to work on each installment and do so to the best of their ability.. once that time is over, they have to move on to the next installment of the game.

The only exceptions to this would be truly game breaking bugs deemed worthy of taking time away from making FM'16 to fix.. which thus far, isn't really the case.

Also, majority is a hard one. ... the majority of people on a forum like this? Most people who are going to post in here are likely to be those with a bone to pick or an issue with the game.. those who don't, will tend to be playing it happily.. and that's without going into the tiny percentage of people are posting here compared to who are playing the game.

Show me a company of SI's size that are bringing out a AAA game to millions every year that listen to their customer base and interact as much as SI do and you can colour me shocked... as I can't find any, and I have worked in the development industry for years.

The policy is a fixed one Interfector... SI only have a certain amount of time to work on each installment and do so to the best of their ability.. once that time is over, they have to move on to the next installment of the game.

The only exceptions to this would be truly game breaking bugs deemed worthy of taking time away from making FM'16 to fix.. which thus far, isn't really the case.

Also, majority is a hard one. ... the majority of people on a forum like this? Most people who are going to post in here are likely to be those with a bone to pick or an issue with the game.. those who don't, will tend to be playing it happily.. and that's without going into the tiny percentage of people are posting here compared to who are playing the game.

I'm honestly just glad I'm happy with the update :lol:

Archived