Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.3.0

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually run a season with Man Utd with my tactic after a new patch has been released to make sure it doesn't kill my 'career' game and because they suit my formation. These are my results so far, I'm liking them but not sure on the realism :D

rm411e.jpg

I do fitness training for the first two weeks in pre-season normally. And usually set at 'high'. Never had a problem with injuries.

Neither did I on previous update. My general routine is to set the training to fitness - average (it used to be high on FM14, but found too many injuries on FM15 with high) for first 2 or 3 weeks, and then switching to team cohesion. But now I started new game on new update, and I just had about 4-5 injuries in one week, and everyone of them was on training.

What's going on with Ukrainian and eastern European clubs in this game?

Player wages are extremely low, sometimes 10 times lower than in real life, and the top players leave during the first transfer window.

In real life, teams like Dynamo Kiev and Shakhtar Donetsk can spend over 40 million pounds on summer transfers alone, and they'd never let their star players leave for the fraction of the sum they bought them for.

I usually run a season with Man Utd with my tactic after a new patch has been released to make sure it doesn't kill my 'career' game and because they suit my formation. These are my results so far, I'm liking them but not sure on the realism :D

rm411e.jpg

What tactics are you playing to get results like that?? :O

What's going on with Ukrainian and eastern European clubs in this game?

Player wages are extremely low, sometimes 10 times lower than in real life, and the top players leave during the first transfer window.

In real life, teams like Dynamo Kiev and Shakhtar Donetsk can spend over 40 million pounds on summer transfers alone, and they'd never let their star players leave for the fraction of the sum they bought them for.

I assume this reflects recent political unrest/war with Russia irl? Some players refused to return to Ukraine after the World Cup if I remember rightly, and assume the country has less money to spend on football in general now.

We have people saying there are less shots (including one poster who usefully logged a bug report with appropriate evidence prior to this update) and a couple of images showing a lot of shots. As ever, the Match Engine responds to its inputs. If you generate a lot of shots, it isn't necessarily the fault of the ME. Unless SI choose to add some constrictive layer of intelligence which suppresses high shot counts, then they will still be possible. In cases where that occurs, it does not mean it is the prevalent experience of all posters. If you played my save, you'd be crying out for more shots :D

Yeah i concur. It's not the match engine's fault, but mine for devising a tactic that tactic that is capable of producing 40/50+ shots per game week in and out, which is hardly seen in RL matches.You can sugar-coat it all you want, but it does not disguise the fact that the match is quite flawed with regards to defending. No one is asking the coders to suppress shot counts artifically, that would be pointless. All people are asking is the improvement of closing down and defensive pressure which would naturally tone down the unusually high amount of shots and goals in matches leading to more realism.

Pardon me for asking but it seems that whenever someone posts feedback that is critical of the match engine or game in general, the same few moderators would seem to immediately jump on and attack the views of such posters, regardless how how truthful such criticism might be. They almost never agree on negative feedback. Is that the role of moderators in this forum? Are they SI employees? Or just super-ardent fans of the game? I'm new here and not really sure how things work here. XD

Yeah i concur. It's not the match engine's fault, but mine for devising a tactic that tactic that is capable of producing 40/50+ shots per game week in and out, which is hardly seen in RL matches.You can sugar-coat it all you want, but it does not disguise the fact that the match is quite flawed with regards to defending. No one is asking the coders to suppress shot counts artifically, that would be pointless. All people are asking is the improvement of closing down and defensive pressure which would naturally tone down the unusually high amount of shots and goals in matches leading to more realism.

Pardon me for asking but it seems that whenever someone posts feedback that is critical of the match engine or game in general, the same few moderators would seem to immediately jump on and attack the views of suchposters, regardless how how truthful such criticism might be. Is that the role of moderators in this forum? Are they SI employees? Or just super-ardent fans of the game? I'm new here and not really sure how things work here XD.

We need/want to find out if it's user input or actual game faults. You'd be surprised at how many people complain about the game when doing ridiculous things themselves to cause it. If it's a genuine issue, they'll be directed to the bugs forum where the SI testers can take a further look.

Pardon me for asking but it seems that whenever someone posts feedback that is critical of the match engine or game in general, the same few moderators would seem to immediately jump on and attack the views of such posters, regardless how how truthful such criticism might be. They almost never agree on negative feedback. s that the role of moderators in this forum? Are they SI employees? Or just super-ardent fans of the game? I'm new here and not really sure how things work here. XD

Hi George. If you feel that there is a problem with the Match Engine, in this case there being too many shots, can you report it as a bug here and we can look into how or why this is happening: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/447-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Pardon me for asking but it seems that whenever someone posts feedback that is critical of the match engine or game in general, the same few moderators would seem to immediately jump on and attack the views of suchposters, regardless how how truthful such criticism might be. Is that the role of moderators in this forum? Are they SI employees? Or just super-ardent fans of the game? I'm new here and not really sure how things work here XD.

My angle is that I help to mod the Tactics forum, so hopefully have some vague grasp of the in-game mechanics. I express an interest in these sorts of matches, because they are statistically peculiar and I want to understand what drives them.

What tends to be the case though, is that when posters present these images, they seldom (if ever) explicitly detail the sorts of systems they are using to generate these odd shot counts and score lines. Constructive criticism is always welcome on the forums, but in order for something to be constructive, it really needs to provide some context.

I assume this reflects recent political unrest/war with Russia irl? Some players refused to return to Ukraine after the World Cup if I remember rightly, and assume the country has less money to spend on football in general now.

Doubt this has anything to do with the political issue and more to do with the low wages implemented by SI.

Konoplyanka sits at 14k p/w in game, Dragovic, who was bought by Dynamo for 9 million euro last year, earns 8.5k p/w. It's ridiculous.

Doubt this has anything to do with the political issue and more to do with the low wages implemented by SI.

Konoplyanka sits at 14k p/w in game, Dragovic, who was bought by Dynamo for 9 million euro last year, earns 8.5k p/w. It's ridiculous.

We are looking into this issue. Currently the nation data does not have any entry for the average wages in Ukraine so if you have knowledge of wages in the nation please take the time to post in teh Ukraine data thread.

Thanks

Hi Ljuba1982, would you be able to upload the PKM of the game you showed between Real and Athletico. I'd really like to get a close look to see what is causing this, also if possible would you be able to upload a saved game from before this match? How to upload can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405113. Cheers

I'm sorry, but I didn't save the match, was too disappointed and decided to uninstall game. I didn't save that match and match against Real Sosiedad away, few days earlier which I also won 5:0 or 5:1. But I have save game called "RMLjuba1982" which I uploaded. I think that date is 13th of september. I didn't make any tactical changes during matches, except substitutes. So all that I did, including tactics and other hockey results, you can find there.

While not an optimal setup, it doesn't seem to be exploitative. I'd hazard a guess that you had many long shots because of a lack of proper movement. 50 is still a lot though especially considering the opposition. A pkm in the bugs forum would be appreciated here.

Actually one of my instructions was to WORK BALL INTO BOX. And 50 is too much even if you play with U17 squad! I hardly believe it ever happened in professional football, not to mention this level.

I'm sorry, but I didn't save the match, was too disappointed and decided to uninstall game. I didn't saves that match and match against Real Sosiedad away, few days earlier which I also won 5:0 or 5:1. But I have save game called "RMLjuba1982" which I uploaded. I think that date is 13th of september. I didn't make any tactical changes during matches, except substitutes. So all that I did, including tactics and other hockey results, you can find there.

I'm confused, you said earlier that you were Real Madrid :confused:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/420975-Official-Football-Manager-2015-Feedback-Thread-15.3.0?p=10202505&viewfull=1#post10202505

EDIT - your original post at #771 was changed after originally stating that you lost that Real / Atletico game.

I'm sorry, but I didn't save the match, was too disappointed and decided to uninstall game. I lost that match and match against Real Sosiedad away, few days earlier which I also won 5:0 or 5:1. But I have save game called "RMLjuba1982" which I uploaded. I think that date is 13th of september. I didn't make any tactical changes during matches, except substitutes. So all that I did, including tactics and other hockey results, you can find there.

Actually one of my instructions was to WORK BALL INTO BOX. And 50 is too much even if you play with U17 squad! I hardly believe it ever happened in professional football, not to mention this level.

If you don't mind, please open a thread in the bugs forum about this and mention the save game name again.

Work ball into box will help, yes. I agree that for your setup, it is strange that you had quite that many shots against good opposition who aren't likely to park the bus. That's why the save will be interesting to look at.

Luckily I just found that game is saved just before match against Atletico! So I loaded again and tried to reproduce things and guess what? In 1st try I get very similar result 6:1 with 43 shots on goal this time. This time I saved the game called "Real Atletico Ljuba1982" and uploaded to your server. Once again, except subtitutes I didn't change anything. Par attention that both of CM positions (Modric and Kross) are on DLP support duties. When you load game you will see that one of MC positions is set to BWM defend, but it's because Khedira played previous game against REal Sosiedad which we won 5:2, so another hockey result.

r-madrid-v-atltico-info-.png

I'm confused, you said earlier that you were Real Madrid :confused:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/420975-Official-Football-Manager-2015-Feedback-Thread-15.3.0?p=10202505&viewfull=1#post10202505

EDIT - your original post at #771 was changed after originally stating that you lost that Real / Atletico game.

I lost the save game you braniac, not match!

What tactics are you playing to get results like that?? :O

4-2-2-1-1 (2 DMC's, MR-ML, AMC, FC). It's worked in every patch so far with minimal tweaking. There's a good chance I'll put it up for download soon if you're interested. It's been tested loads and I've even got scout filters for each position so you can get the right personnel.

So I just had my player complaining that he doesn't play enough. Ok, no problem.

But I only played 4 matches so far, and he came on as sub in 3 of these matches, and not for the last 10 minutes or so. And his squad status is rotation. ffs

Rotation players need to be rotated in, so they need to start. He's looking for some indication that he'll start matches.

Luckily I just found that game is saved just before match against Atletico! So I loaded again and tried to reproduce things and guess what? In 1st try I get very similar result 6:1 with 43 shots on goal this time. This time I saved the game called "Real Atletico Ljuba1982" and uploaded to your server. Once again, except subtitutes I didn't change anything. Par attention that both of CM positions (Modric and Kross) are on DLP support duties. When you load game you will see that one of MC positions is set to BWM defend, but it's because Khedira played previous game against REal Sosiedad which we won 5:2, so another hockey result.

Yes, please report this in the Match Engine bugs forum and we'll have a look at it. http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/447-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

4-2-2-1-1 (2 DMC's, MR-ML, AMC, FC). It's worked in every patch so far with minimal tweaking. There's a good chance I'll put it up for download soon if you're interested. It's been tested loads and I've even got scout filters for each position so you can get the right personnel.

Definitely interested in taking a look cheers. I'm struggling against the bigger sides (and away in general) since the 15.3 update!

So guys, I mean those of you who are already playing the 15.3 version for long enough time:

Are, or aren't there still unrealisticly too many goals per matches now? (especially in full game view mode)

Is it worth for me to quit FM14 and return to FM15 again?

So guys, I mean those of you who are already playing the 15.3 version for long enough time:

Are, or aren't there still unrealisticly too many goals per matches now? (especially in full game view mode)

Is it worth for me to quit FM14 and return to FM15 again?

Why don't you play it for yourself and make your own decision about it?

RT Herringbone, that isn't the impression I got from Neil Brock's post earlier

Quote Originally Posted by allanpersson View Post

There is a major bug with the players in the 15.3 update.

We're working to address it - please follow the instructions listed in this post - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...1#post10199848

That's not an ME issue. That's something that happened during installation that messed with the animations only.

Edit: So any fix won't affect the ME.

Why don't you play it for yourself and make your own decision about it?

Very simple:

I don't intend to spoil my game career playing matches with unrealistic results.

I shall just start the full season over once that issue will be finally fixed, this time with realistic match results.

(game realism is of primary importance to me, especially in sport manager simulations)

• Administrators
Very simple:

I don't intend to spoil my game career playing matches with unrealistic results.

I shall just start the full season over once that issue will be finally fixed, this time with realistic match results.

(game realism is of primary importance to me, especially in sport manager simulations)

There are no plans for any future updates. If you want to play FM15 at all, I would suggest doing so now. Thanks.

Very simple:

But it is a pointless exercise asking other people their views on whether there are high scoring / shooting games, as you will get mixed responses as people play in different ways and experience different results. You can't be sure how your playing style fits in with posters on here, so it's impossible to evaluate.

Some people have posted a 50+ shot game and high scorelines, I see 10-15 shots from my team in games and 1-0 and 2-0 scorelines. Completely different experiences.

Lol nice widgets. Das it maneeeee

Solution to this was posted on the second page yesterday:

Could you please try the following:

First delete your cache folder as shown here - https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/201580562-How-to-Do#delete-cache

Then delete your preferences files as shown here - https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/201580562-How-to-Do#delete-preferences

Then finally reverify your cache as shown here - https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/201580562-How-to-Do#verify-cache

Cheers.

Or just click Restore Widgets.

Archived