Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.3.0

I've noticed a massive increase in the amount of injuries I've picked up, when I haven't altered my training level. I've played 8 games in the new patch and in 7 of those, at least one of my players has been injured. Of those, 4 of those games involved 2 injuries.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've noticed a massive increase in the amount of injuries I've picked up, when I haven't altered my training level. I've played 8 games in the new patch and in 7 of those, at least one of my players has been injured. Of those, 4 of those games involved 2 injuries.

Not a particularly large sample size, and it's usually people's complaint after a patch. If there were no patch and you got this you'd count yourself unlucky. As there was a patch, a bad injury run gets blamed on that patch.

This happens when both teams decide to go gung-ho, and the backline is simply unable to cope with overloading pressure. It's really worrying if the mods keep dismissing it as one-offs and blaming it on teams using attacking tactics, when so many screenies of abnormal shot counts and scorelines are repeatedly posted. If the ME is really working well as intended, then there should be no such occurrences even when teams decide to push men forward. Closing down and defensive intelligence really needs to be fixed. They need to be looking at PKMs where teams are playing with more adventurous mentalities, which is when such defensive deficiencies are most evident.

There really aren't "so many", there's a small handful out of literally tens of thousands of players of the game. Freak results happen in real life, and to completely prevent them in game would be as unrealistic as to have them outrageously common. The point is however that they appear to be rare overall, and take strange tactical set ups to produce. The question is what would happen if these tactical set ups were attempted in real life, and whether the result is the realistic outcome to an unrealistic situation.

I'm using a tactic that I downloaded from here. It's the Zero Sea's Athena tactic 3-4-3 with a DM. It is set up like this;

Buffon

Bonucci - Chiellini - Barzagli

---------- Vidal

Lichtsteiner - Pogba ----------------- Asamoah

Tevez - Lacazette - Llorente

GK: Sweeper Keeper - Attack

CB: Central Defender - Stopper

DM: Defensive Midfielder - Support

MR: Wide Midfielder - Attack

MC: Advanced Playmaker - Attack

ML: Wide Midfielder - Attack

ST: False Nine - Support

The team instructions are;

- Shorter Passing

- Work Ball Into Box

- Play Out Of Defence

- Hit Early Crosses

- Float Crosses

- Run At Defence

- Exploit The Flanks

- Play Narrower

- Push Higher Up

- Roam From Positions

- Close Down Much More

- Use Tighter Marking

- Prevent Short GK Distribution

- Be More Expressive

There really aren't "so many", there's a small handful out of literally tens of thousands of players of the game. Freak results happen in real life, and to completely prevent them in game would be as unrealistic as to have them outrageously common. The point is however that they appear to be rare overall, and take strange tactical set ups to produce. The question is what would happen if these tactical set ups were attempted in real life, and whether the result is the realistic outcome to an unrealistic situation.

This is just all wrong.

Just because the other 'tens of thousands' of people playing the game do not come on this board and show high scoring games does not mean some of them are not experiencing it.

There is no evidence either way.

Also while freak results do happen in real life I have yet to see many 6-9 games. :D

I posted earlier in the thread I think it is coming about because the AI is overly aggressive in the tactics, I have seen a team start with a 4-5-1 formation and then change to a 3-4-3 when 3 goals down, if the player has an attacking formation against this it becomes a free for all, sometimes the AI scores some goals as the player has not changed to defend against the attacking formation, or the player starts banging them in as the AI is always caught out at the back.

This happens when both teams decide to go gung-ho, and the backline is simply unable to cope with overloading pressure. It's really worrying if the mods keep dismissing it as one-offs and blaming it on teams using attacking tactics, when so many screenies of abnormal shot counts and scorelines are repeatedly posted. If the ME is really working well as intended, then there should be no such occurrences even when teams decide to push men forward. Closing down and defensive intelligence really needs to be fixed. They need to be looking at PKMs where teams are playing with more adventurous mentalities, which is when such defensive deficiencies are most evident.

No it happens when both teams go gung-ho and make a decision to just not defend at all, can't say I've ever seen a team do that IRL.

Before the patch the games weren't that open though. No matter, I'm winning every game so..

So....it doesn't matter that it is more or less cheating?

Each to their own I guess, but I would get no pleasure from it.

1 week and a half into my new save with Napoli, after blaming bad luck for other ones where i got players ruled out for 8-9 months, so i decided to start a new game with Napoli, and i already have 3 injured players. Is this a known issue with the new patch ? Because in the previous one, injuries weren't such a problem. I started alot of games on the new patch, and on all of them teams were having at least 3 players injured, not just my team.

This patch is not enjoyable at all in future let us have choice to update or not, first touch tweaks make players look sloppy, tactics seem useless now you make little tweaks and it seems to make no difference because AI always plays on counter. Goals scored from outside the box far to high,

1 week and a half into my new save with Napoli, after blaming bad luck for other ones where i got players ruled out for 8-9 months, so i decided to start a new game with Napoli, and i already have 3 injured players. Is this a known issue with the new patch ? Because in the previous one, injuries weren't such a problem. I started alot of games on the new patch, and on all of them teams were having at least 3 players injured, not just my team.

I what way is three injured players a 'problem'? Do you expect to get no injuries whatsoever?

So....it doesn't matter that it is more or less cheating?

Each to their own I guess, but I would get no pleasure from it.

Its quite funny when people use terms like "exploit" and "cheating" and blame it on users for using overly attacking tactics. You are essentially admitting that the ME is flawed when you deride people for "cheating" against the ME. If the ME is working as intended, reflecting RL matches, then why do we not see RL teams "exploiting" other teams like some of the "cheating" users here? Why won't Madrid or Barca use the same approach and whack teams 8-0,9-0 week in week out by just using overloading tactics? Perhaps they should take advice from some of the tactical gurus who produce 120 goals/season tactics. I don't see 7-6, 8-5 matches so often in RL either, not at the highest level anyway.

Is it working as intended that a player will come to me and ask to go on loan, seemingly be placated by my reason for refusing, then come back with the same request less than a month later? If it is, shouldn't we have a "the situation hasn't changed, come back to me in x months" response?

Its quite funny when people use terms like "exploit" and "cheating" and blame it on users for using overly attacking tactics. You are essentially admitting that the ME is flawed when you deride people for "cheating" against the ME. If the ME is working as intended, reflecting RL matches, then why do we not see RL teams "exploiting" other teams like some of the "cheating" users here? Why won't Madrid or Barca use the same approach and whack teams 8-0,9-0 week in week out by just using overloading tactics? Perhaps they should take advice from some of the tactical gurus who produce 120 goals/season tactics. I don't see 7-6, 8-5 matches so often in RL either, not at the highest level anyway.

Of course its flawed in places, no-one has ever said otherwise.

The ME is always WIP as SI try to get a ME which is as close to RL as possible.

Its one thing to get it working with standard tactics which are used in the real world but to then have to deal with some users who don't treat it like football and look for ways to exploit the coding rather than the opponents on the pitch. Its no different to a diablo tactic or a corner bug we've seen in the past.

In an ideal world it wouldn't happen and the ME would be robust enough to deal with anything users throw at it but it isn't and possibly never will be. The first step though is to get it looking realistic in AI vs AI games and against human users who use normal tactics.

I'm far more concerned with it working in those situations than for users who just want to exploit it.

One week is not even a real sample, but again, what's supposed to be wrong with it? Play a season and see if it ends up worse than real life. I can almost guarantee you there will be way less.

In this you are correct. I had a rash of injuries after the patch, and the instinct, which I completely understand, is to assign blame to the patch. The reality is, I would have had it happen regardless. I can confirm unequivocally that injuries were not touched in the patch whatsoever.

I'm using a tactic that I downloaded from here. It's the Zero Sea's Athena tactic 3-4-3 with a DM. It is set up like this

Thanks for confirming :thup: I think you're the first person to fully detail the system used in matches creating these sorts of numbers.

It is a downloadable tactic created by someone who has consistently delivered effective (ergo popular) tactics for a number of years. It is certainly effective based on your screenshot, and I don't think you are cheating by using it at all. However, what is clear is that it is not the sort of system that you would expect to see in real life, and I'd argue that it is not the sort of system anybody would create with the intention of creating a style of football that is comparable to real life. It was created for a purpose.

The download sections here and on other sites are powerful things as they entirely shape their user bases perception of the game. This particular tactic is just not football, and if you input a non-football system into a framework which is built to accommodate "normal" systems, then weird stuff happens. I'm delighted that a system like this is generating outlying results, because the absence of FM footballing logic from it renders it pretty moot (for me) when arguing the toss about whether high shot / high score games should be possible.

I know there will be a few people still trying to criticise the ME for enabling these results to happen, but if those same people can honestly see the rationale in a system like that, and provide an equivalent real life team using a similar system, then I'm all ears. This case is not about two teams going at it to secure a result (the only way Genoa would have gone on the offensive in Turin is if they had a sniff of a chance of getting a result with the last 15 minutes to play) which exposes some gargantuan ME issues. It is an illogical system which generates silly outputs, that's all.

Of course its flawed in places, no-one has ever said otherwise.

The ME is always WIP as SI try to get a ME which is as close to RL as possible.

Its one thing to get it working with standard tactics which are used in the real world but to then have to deal with some users who don't treat it like football and look for ways to exploit the coding rather than the opponents on the pitch. Its no different to a diablo tactic or a corner bug we've seen in the past.

In an ideal world it wouldn't happen and the ME would be robust enough to deal with anything users throw at it but it isn't and possibly never will be. The first step though is to get it looking realistic in AI vs AI games and against human users who use normal tactics.

I'm far more concerned with it working in those situations than for users who just want to exploit it.

Good post.........I think what frustrates many people though is when a perfectly standard tactic which are used in the real world suffers from one patch to the next due to no tactical issue but possibly an ME change.

I really have noticed a major difference in finishing or superhuman goalkeeping in this latest patch. Far too many shots are going straight at the keeper and keepers reactions are now far too good. That's not tactical it's clearly something that has changed. Strikers with 17 for finishing and who were regularly finding the corners in the previous patch are now just shooting straight so IMO it is an issue and it's a shame because I think finishing was pretty much spot on in the last patch. With this patches better tackling and therefore an improvement defending wise with the last patches finishing it could have been such a good ME. Now I am seeing point blank shots parried away by keepers with the anticipation skills of The Six Million Dollar Man!

In a recent game my striker was clean through and shot straight at the keeper (will ever any forward round the keeper?!), the ball went wide and a cross came in for a point blank header to hit the bar. The rebound fell to a 17 finisher who blasted it from 5 yards out straight at the keeper again, that came out for a shot from just inside the area to be blasted straight back in for the keeper to pluck it out of the air with his hands casually over his head.

Yes certainly you see this happen IRL but this kind of thing seems to be a regular occurrence and in my case it can't be tactic related because I had a standard real life style tactic that played fine from time to time and strikers weren't hitting it straight at the keeper all the time.

In the previous patch I was having less shots but finishing chances better. This patch I have had some staggering situations. Against Everton I had 28 shots on goal with 8 on target to their 6 and 5 and lost 1-0. Then I had 37 shots on goal with 12 on target against OM and only won 2-1. The thing I have noticed is that the frequency of shots seems to have risen but CCC's have gone down in this patch, so not sure if that means an increase in long shots? As I play FMC I can't really tell.

Patch One - Crossing, Patch Two - Finishing, Patch Three - Defending ----- That would have given us a great ME IMO.

Good post.........I think what frustrates many people though is when a perfectly standard tactic which are used in the real world suffers from one patch to the next due to no tactical issue but possibly an ME change.

I really have noticed a major difference in finishing or superhuman goalkeeping in this latest patch. Far too many shots are going straight at the keeper and keepers reactions are now far too good. That's not tactical it's clearly something that has changed. Strikers with 17 for finishing and who were regularly finding the corners in the previous patch are now just shooting straight so IMO it is an issue and it's a shame because I think finishing was pretty much spot on in the last patch. With this patches better tackling and therefore an improvement defending wise with the last patches finishing it could have been such a good ME. Now I am seeing point blank shots parried away by keepers with the anticipation skills of The Six Million Dollar Man!

In a recent game my striker was clean through and shot straight at the keeper (will even any forward round the keeper?!), the ball went wide and a cross came in for a point blank header to hit the bar. The rebound fell to a 17 finisher who blasted it from 5 yards out straight at the keeper again, that came out for a shot from just inside the area to be blasted straight back in for the keeper to pluck it out of the air with his hands casually over his head.

Yes certainly you see this happen but this kind of thing seems to be a regular occurrence and in my case it can't be tactic related because I had a standard real life style tactic that played fine from time to time and strikers weren't hitting it straight at the keeper all the time.

Patch One - Crossing, Patch Two - Finishing, Patch Three - Defending ----- That would have given us a great ME IMO.

I'd daresay it cant have been much of a standard tactic tbh, the changes in the ME from start to finish arent going to upset a "well balanced" tactic much (it's actually the kind of thing that is explicitly tested)

If you have specific PKMs then please upload them.

Just had a crash/freeze in Classic multiplayer. I made some tactical changes (team instructions) in extra time, but the opposition scored before it became implemented. Instantly, the match was over and the clock reset to 90 minutes - but the game did not leave the match screen.

Is this a known issue?

Is anyone else getting 'Error Code 41'? I have been getting this for the last 3 weeks and I have verified game, I have cleared and re-done the stream. I have done several other things suggested by a poor, terrible customer support at 'Steam'. I am now at the point were I get this error message and it won't load any saved games or save a new game just starting. As I have said I have not been able to play for 3 weeks.

An idea? Please.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

after update team colour changed

I can not read texts bcs the same colour with background

its really hard to read text !

Example

after update

rg1oLV.jpg

before update

LpDWaJ.jpg

note : team is petrolul from Romania

I tried to change colours from editor but only shirt colours change.team background and text still same

I still like the game a lot, I just had to tweak and test my tactics to get them back working which was a bit frustrating but now it seems I'm back on track again. However, one slight concern of mine is that goalkeepers needed to be fixed however with the release of the 15.3 patch I have the impression they're too good now. Why? I'm always playing with a small team that I try to lead to the highest league, quite often I play in the English leagues and currently I have a game with Guiseley in the Conference North and despite my tactics being back on track it's really hard to score goals from inside the penalty area. Goalkeepers are really performing on a level you wouldn't expect so low in the football pyramid. It's no complaint whatsoever cause my (limited in terms of stats) goalkeeper himself is overperforming every game again, so it's fair, the AI has tremendous goalkeepers but mine for himself is also doing the job. But should it be like that in the Conference North? The lad's 18 year's old and he's playing like De Gea or Hart. Still Man U or Chelsea aren't interested in him though... :)

Another point of interest I've noticed is the increased number of injuries. However, on this low level I only can afford one physio on an amateur-contract so that seems realistic. When I'm playing on a higher level I always hire an army of physio's to keep everybody fit but the difference between the former patch and the current one is remarkable however. On the other hand side, maybe in the former patch smaller teams didn't get enough injured players compared to their quite limited backroom-staff? Or do players with loads of physios also getting more injuries then before? This Guiseley-save's my first one since the patch came out so I can't compare with when I'm higher up the football pyramid.

I'd daresay it cant have been much of a standard tactic tbh, the changes in the ME from start to finish arent going to upset a "well balanced" tactic much (it's actually the kind of thing that is explicitly tested)

If you have specific PKMs then please upload them.

With all due respect...

So a 4132

-----------------DF S-------------CF A------------------

----------CM S----------CM A----------BBM S----------

--------------------------AM D--------------------------

WB A-----------CB D------------CB D-------------WB A

--------------------------GK D--------------------------

Push higher up

stop GK dist

close down more

hit early crosses

standard/fluid

If that's not a well balanced "standard" tactic I don't know what is! Plus some of the top tactical brains on here advised me on that on my old thread so I hardly think it is finding any holes in the ME so if it's not well balanced then the Tactical Creator must be a bit askew because no PI's have been added!!

As for PKMS - I can't record because there is no record button so cannot show examples.

Anyway of course ME changes can effect well balanced tactics. If they didn't there would be no need to make any ME changes via patches would there?!?!

PS - Steffan above also mentioned goalkeepers so it cant just be me!!

Thanks for confirming :thup: I think you're the first person to fully detail the system used in matches creating these sorts of numbers.

It is a downloadable tactic created by someone who has consistently delivered effective (ergo popular) tactics for a number of years. It is certainly effective based on your screenshot, and I don't think you are cheating by using it at all. However, what is clear is that it is not the sort of system that you would expect to see in real life, and I'd argue that it is not the sort of system anybody would create with the intention of creating a style of football that is comparable to real life. It was created for a purpose.

The download sections here and on other sites are powerful things as they entirely shape their user bases perception of the game. This particular tactic is just not football, and if you input a non-football system into a framework which is built to accommodate "normal" systems, then weird stuff happens. I'm delighted that a system like this is generating outlying results, because the absence of FM footballing logic from it renders it pretty moot (for me) when arguing the toss about whether high shot / high score games should be possible.

I know there will be a few people still trying to criticise the ME for enabling these results to happen, but if those same people can honestly see the rationale in a system like that, and provide an equivalent real life team using a similar system, then I'm all ears. This case is not about two teams going at it to secure a result (the only way Genoa would have gone on the offensive in Turin is if they had a sniff of a chance of getting a result with the last 15 minutes to play) which exposes some gargantuan ME issues. It is an illogical system which generates silly outputs, that's all.

Um RT I showed you my system and a screenshot of what it produced earlier in this thread - which you derided because heaven forbid I had two fullbacks on a attack duty despite if you think about it most top half premier league sides play two very attacking full backs...... Liverpool and Man Utd have almost given up playing full backs and use wide midfield players now.....

So heres a recap - the full backs are set to run wide with the ball, and hug touchline, they are the attacking width, the two central midfield players are the "base" of the tactic, the attacking side of the setup is designed to be rotational around the number 10 position - AM-A moves out of the number 10 position, CF-S drops in, IF-A moves into the space. The AML IF-S has dribble more and risky passes and is set like a creator. In my eyes a perfectly balanced setup, not exploitive, not ultra attacking

zU6U9Yu.jpg

o3ksHI8.jpg

Um RT I showed you my system and a screenshot of what it produced earlier in this thread - which you derided because heaven forbid I had two fullbacks on a attack duty despite if you think about it most top half premier league sides play two very attacking full backs...... Liverpool and Man Utd have almost given up playing full backs and use wide midfield players now.....

But you don't see them doing it with no DMs and no protection for the two DCs who are left to cover half the pitch on their own.

Like it or not your formation is terrible from a defensive POV with so much space that opposition teams could drive several HGVs through it.

With all due respect...

So a 4132

-----------------DF S-------------CF A------------------

----------CM S----------CM A----------BBM S----------

--------------------------AM D--------------------------

WB A-----------CB D------------CB D-------------WB A

--------------------------GK D--------------------------

Push higher up

stop GK dist

close down more

hit early crosses

standard/fluid

If that's not a well balanced "standard" tactic I don't know what is! Plus some of the top tactical brains on here advised me on that on my old thread so I hardly think it is finding any holes in the ME so if it's not well balanced then the Tactical Creator must be a bit askew because no PI's have been added!!

As for PKMS - I can't record because there is no record button so cannot show examples.

Anyway of course ME changes can effect well balanced tactics. If they didn't there would be no need to make any ME changes via patches would there?!?!

PS - Steffan above also mentioned goalkeepers so it cant just be me!!

I was talking about the finishing. You've had improved goal keeping, though it's hardly superhuman in the slightest, and improved D-Line's (most importantly defensive pressure from the centre backs).

I was talking about the finishing. You've had improved goal keeping, though it's hardly superhuman in the slightest, and improved D-Line's (most importantly defensive pressure from the centre backs).

I was talking about finishing and goalkeeping. What I was saying is too many shots are straight at the keeper and that isn't tactical it is a change from last patch to this. In the previous patch if a striker was one on one sometimes (not always) but sometimes the striker shot into the corners of the net. Now strikers shoot straight at the keeper or on the very odd occasion that a shot is into the corners the keeper dives twice his height across the goal to catch it. Seriously how many real life keepers these days dive full length and catch the ball in both hands on a regular basis? Now in the previous patch parries out that led to goals was a known issue so it is quite possible that in the new patch keepers have super glue on their hands hence why you now don't really see parries that leads to goals.

It is possible,,,, just possible that enhanced goalkeeping and askew finishing is keeping the scores down!

Let's recap:

My view is that 54 shots in a match in general is far too many - especially if it happens regularly, but I'm pragmatic enough to accept this is a computer game where the output is dependent on the inputs. The Netherlands have two aggressive full backs and four forward players in and around the box. It depends a lot on who the opposition were too - if they sat back and absorbed pressure, it's not unfathomable that Robben and co felt obliged to fire in shots from range against a defensive side. It's all conjecture of course - impossible to determine from just that image.

I'm not sure this is a derisory comment? All that has changed is that we now see it was Luxembourg you faced. There are no easy games in international football and (I assume) no 50+ shot games, but clearly there is a 100+ FIFA ranking gap between the nations. They will have been sitting ducks with a Mentality in the range Contain to Counter (which I have already intimated is a contributory factor to these sort of results).

It is a silly scoreline and there are far too many shots (as I stated in my original reply). Minor mitigants are the gulf in class and the fact Holland defended with three players and will have been peppering the Luxembourg goal all game long. How does that Dutch side get on against a side closer to their own level? If they recreate that on a regular basis, I will accept there could be an issue which merits a closer look.

But you don't see them doing it with no DMs and no protection for the two DCs who are left to cover half the pitch on their own.

Like it or not your formation is terrible from a defensive POV with so much space that opposition teams could drive several HGVs through it.

Totally 100% agree with what you are saying - my formation is terrible defensively but look again at the screen shots - who was I playing?, where was the game held?

There's a great Jose Mourinhio quote when asked about his football philosophy - his reply "Against who, In what situation"

So in a home match where I am against a much weaker opponent I chose this setup and these roles specifically for the match, I knew they wouldn't attack, I knew they would camp out on the edge of their own box and I had to find a way through. My argument is that I don't feel that this system, in this game context given the opposition is unrealistic yet it yielded a unrealistic amount of shots.

I don't know for a fact but in a European national world cup qualifying stage I'm sure that's way more than in real life and possibly a record.

I was talking about finishing and goalkeeping. What I was saying is too many shots are straight at the keeper and that isn't tactical it is a change from last patch to this. In the previous patch if a striker was one on one sometimes (not always) but sometimes the striker shot into the corners of the net. Now strikers shoot straight at the keeper or on the very odd occasion the keeper dives twice his height across the goal to catch it. Seriously how many real life keepers these days dive full length and catch the ball in both hands on a regular basis? Now in the previous patch parries out that led to goals was a known issue so it is quite possible that in the new patch keepers have super glue on their hands hence why you now don't really see parries that leads to goals.

It is possible,,,, just possible that enhanced goalkeeping and askew finishing is keeping the scores down!

Except there really isnt a tonne of evidence for that, especially when they looked to improve finishing slightly.

As for the bold, one does not quite lead to the other. You can't really use supposition to go from one problem to another. You don't see as many parries that lead to goals because they've improved the decision making behind parries. Doesn't mean that goal keeps no longer parry. It's a shame that you cant load any PKMs.

Except there really isnt a tonne of evidence for that, especially when they looked to improve finishing slightly.

As for the bold, one does not quite lead to the other. You can't really use supposition to go from one problem to another. You don't see as many parries that lead to goals because they've improved the decision making behind parries. Doesn't mean that goal keeps no longer parry. It's a shame that you cant load any PKMs.

It's unfortunate but as I say the record button on FMC has vanished since the patch, otherwise I would have uploaded a few examples.

Let's recap:

I'm not sure this is a derisory comment? All that has changed is that we now see it was Luxembourg you faced. There are no easy games in international football and (I assume) no 50+ shot games, but clearly there is a 100+ FIFA ranking gap between the nations. They will have been sitting ducks with a Mentality in the range Contain to Counter (which I have already intimated is a contributory factor to these sort of results).

It is a silly scoreline and there are far too many shots (as I stated in my original reply). Minor mitigants are the gulf in class and the fact Holland defended with three players and will have been peppering the Luxembourg goal all game long. How does that Dutch side get on against a side closer to their own level? If they recreate that on a regular basis, I will accept there could be an issue which merits a closer look.

Actually you are right that's not a derisory comment at all, I thought you were more dismissive of my original post, I apologize for that.

Its difficult to say how that dutch side would get on with a side closer to that as when I face better sides I don't play anything like that system, Its just too attacking and risky, I tend to set up differently for most opponents usually in formation and roles.

The only other match I can find playing home is against similarly rubbish opposition so is similar to the luxembourg game but not as extreme in terms of chances created.

81emdN3.jpg

It's unfortunate but as I say the record button on FMC has vanished since the patch, otherwise I would have uploaded a few examples.

The record button has nothing to do with PKMs.

Totally 100% agree with what you are saying - my formation is terrible defensively but look again at the screen shots - who was I playing?, where was the game held?

There's a great Jose Mourinhio quote when asked about his football philosophy - his reply "Against who, In what situation"

So in a home match where I am against a much weaker opponent I chose this setup and these roles specifically for the match, I knew they wouldn't attack, I knew they would camp out on the edge of their own box and I had to find a way through. My argument is that I don't feel that this system, in this game context given the opposition is unrealistic yet it yielded a unrealistic amount of shots.

I don't know for a fact but in a European national world cup qualifying stage I'm sure that's way more than in real life and possibly a record.

Ok I get what your saying but the fact is you had far too many shots compared to a similar situation IRL.

So why so many shots? Well partly its down to the ME and there is something of an issue in my opinion in certain situations but you also need to take some responsibility yourself.

Attacking wise your tactics are average at best. You have no less than five players camped centrally outside the opponents 18 yard box (Six if you include Strootman who is sitting back a little) with the only width coming from the fullbacks. Its a case of too many cooks with lots of players standing on each others toes in a very small area and you aren't even encouraging them to stretch the defence by using the width. Your only attempt to encourage play is "Work into Box" but the box is that packed its almost impossible for the players to follow therefore there is nothing left for them to do but shoot.

IRL teams would widen the play and try to pull the opposition forward to create more space in the final third. This isn't happening enough with this ME in general but you doing next to nothing to help your team do it either. You are basically taking a sledgehammer and trying to smash down the front gate.

I know that there's a consensus that injury levels are fine but i'm not too sure at the minute. In my current season i've played 11 games and seen 24 injuries during these matches. I'm including orange as well red injuries and im also including the AI's injuries during the matches too.

I'm playing as Dartford in the Conference. I'm wondering if the poor pitches, poor player quality and/or poor facilities are having a bit too big an impact at this level?

edit: Just to add more info, my teams injuries in these games are 9 Red, 7 Orange. So that's 16 for my team in 11 games and 8 for the AI teams.

SI do not pre announce patches or fixes. But they will probably not release any other update

There are no plans for any future updates. If you want to play FM15 at all, I would suggest doing so now. Thanks.

How many shots are you seeing?

There's always been an underlying sentiment that chance creation/visualisation needs improving, too many easy shots being skewed and too many hard shots being scored. There is also an abundance of tactics that overload the opposition to create upwards of 20-30 shots a game.

The EPL average is around 10-12 shots per game from the bottom of the table up to the top 6/7 clubs, with the big clubs (Chelsea, Manchester City) pushing 15-16 shots on average while teams in 'transition' like Manchester United have an average shots per game of 12, but generally it's the top 4-6 teams that go beyond 12 shots per game.

Of course, that is just this season. Last season 11-12 seemed to be the general average with Liverpool, City and Chelsea running away with it at 17-18 spg and the season before that shows similar results.

If you're pushing 20+ shots a game on average, you're basically a FM version of Brendan Rodgers and Liverpool, or quite attacking a la City. Obviously I haven't bothered to look at the conversion rate of the shots average and the goals total, but that might be something to check out before bringing the judgement hammer down.

Its not just extreme tactics, if anything its far worse as the AI is being affected. Had a couple of games against Man U and Chelsea- Both had over 35 shots. Nice to have a super keeper for a change but really this is awful! Normally happy with the 3rd patch but this has just got worse.

One week is not even a real sample, but again, what's supposed to be wrong with it? Play a season and see if it ends up worse than real life. I can almost guarantee you there will be way less.

Now i'm in October and have Hamsik, Mertens, Insigne, Gabbiadini and Strinic all injured. In every game i get at least 1 player injured. And i'm not using team instructions at all, just 4-2-3-1 wide with default instructions.

Also what's wrong with the Romanian national team manager, in my savegame it's Leonid S.lutsky ? How this can be possible, because Iordanescu is their manager IRL ?

Cant believe the players complaining thing hasnt been fixed. The way match fitness works I cant just throw them in, they dont seem to aware of this and I cant tell them they arent match fit. Its crazy that SI put things in like this without giving us the means to deal with the situation properly.

Archived