Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.3.0

i play as Cardiff but i can only play in blue if I start a new game. I've only done 2 seasons but that's taken me 4 months. Is there a way around this as I don't want to be in red, it doesnt reflect the club :(

btw. thanks for the thought in changing the colour! but I wish it could be save compatible.

Only be using an editor, the kit change will have been a data change and they all require the start of a new save with the relevant database.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anybody noticed players retiring unusually early in their games? Alex Samuel who is 22 years old and looks to be a decent league 1-2 player has just randomly retired and not because of injuries.

This has always happened in FM- players who don't get signed on with a club that matches their wages/ambition/reputation levels will retire after some time as a free agent.

I think most of us are experiencing 'quite high scoring' and most of us are using ultra-attacking tactics...

All I can reply to this is to say that if someone uses a tactic that is designed to break the match engine, then it will generate unrealistic results. Frankly most, if not all, of the tactics I have seen designed around ultra-attacking are ludicrous and no real-life manager would employ them on even a semi-regular basis. If the the game is played unrealistically, then it isn't really on to complain about the results being skewed.

Only be using an editor, the kit change will have been a data change and they all require the start of a new save with the relevant database.

ok, do I need a 3rd party editor as i tried using FM15 editor a few weeks back but although i made the changes and saved i couldn't get it to work in game

The sorting of players in the squad screen still doesn't work. For example, if I click on the Match Fitness tab, the players are not sorted in order of the most (or least) match fit.

I can't be the only one to have noticed this? If someone could check their game for me, I'd appreciate it.

Loving the fact that players will now knock the ball forwards and run on to it, rather than just dribble with it. So many situations where previously you knew exactly what was going to happen, blocked cross for corner or blocked shot, now have the potential for something to come from it. That may also have the knock on effect of much more goals, just had a game as Man Utd at home to West Brom with 18 shots, 9 on target, in the first thirty minutes. Still early yet, could be an outlier.

Only negative so far, players seem to have even less appreciation of the fact that collision detection has been in the game for a few years now than they had before, a lot of silly clearances against team mates. Again, early days, so not going to worry about it too much.

Hi, I'm finding the UI slow/laggy when im changing players on the tactics screen and giving teamtalks. When I click the clear cache button in prefernces nothing happens, as in the button doesn't seem to work. Is there another way I can clear the cache? I'm using the deafault skin if that matters at all.

Same. If I need to change multiple players in my tactic, instant crash.

i play as Cardiff but i can only play in blue if I start a new game. I've only done 2 seasons but that's taken me 4 months. Is there a way around this as I don't want to be in red, it doesnt reflect the club :(

btw. thanks for the thought in changing the colour! but I wish it could be save compatible.

you need just to change the image in your graphics folder relating to cardiff(some people are using editor to change the colour wont make a difference if the image in your logos etc is showing cardiff in red) change it to what you want to show its easy. and no need to start a new save reload skin/clear cache and it will show as blue

you need just to change the image in your graphics folder relating to cardiff(some people are using editor to change the colour wont make a difference if the image in your logos etc is showing cardiff in red) change it to what you want to show its easy. and no need to start a new save reload skin/clear cache and it will show as blue

ok thanks for the reply but can you explain fully how to, when i go to my graphics folder (documents/SI/FM2015/graphics) the folder only contains my logos and badges. I'm not fully understanding your help )

Is anyone else having the assistant report/scout stars bug? Starting to think i'm the only one...

Nope I have the same problem too. Scout has doubts over Isco's ability 2/5 stars :lol: And one of my regens are now at close to full potential. Before patch: CA 2.5/5 PA 4.5/5 Current patch: CA 3/5 PA 3/5 :confused:

I also have the stupid players complaining about lack of 1st team action 'bug'. Mata has played in 6 of my last 8 matches and hes moaning about lack of 1st team football! :lol::applause:

Nope I have the same problem too. Scout has doubts over Isco's ability 2/5 stars :lol: And one of my regens are now at close to full potential. Before patch: CA 2.5/5 PA 4.5/5 Current patch: CA 3/5 PA 3/5 :confused:

I also have the stupid players complaining about lack of 1st team action 'bug'. Mata has played in 6 of my last 8 matches and hes moaning about lack of 1st team football! :lol::applause:

Mine is a bit more extreme. like 4* CA/PA players have gone to 0.5* SILVER CA and 0.5/1* PA

Forward Josh Murphy, with a rotation squad status, is upset that he's only played 41 games this season, including 23 in the league. I get that he's in good form but so is literally everyone else. He's good at AML/R and ST; his primary rivals in my team are Draxler, Kingsley Coman and Romelu Lukaku. He's rated higher than Lukaku (and has played one more game) and behind Draxler and Coman. Form doesn't really matter though as every player who's featured for me except Wojciech Szczesny and striker Sean O'Shea, who's played two matches after recovering from knee surgery, has a rating above 7.0.

As I've said before about nearly every other interaction currently in the game, this wouldn't be so bad if you had an option to say "what are you on about? You've played more than you could have expected" or something similar. Most of the obnoxious interactions come from the interaction presuming a fact which is not in evidence. Murphy accepts that Gotze is playing ahead of him on form, even though Murphy has a higher rating. Murphy has only one fewer appearance, though. Both will end the season around 45.

It would also not be so pointless if there weren't one or two obviously superior answers every time.

Is anyone noticing that the game seems to move slow at the Tactic screen when dragging players/ selecting their roles and duties. Also when setting opp talks and pep talks? Mine is moving very slowly

I'm getting the same. I tried clearing cache/restarting game but it's still laggy and slow.

I'm getting the same. I tried clearing cache/restarting game but it's still laggy and slow.

Not seeing any of that so it might be worth you posting in the Tech bugs forum and include your DXdiag so they can take a look.

Forward Josh Murphy, with a rotation squad status, is upset that he's only played 41 games this season, including 23 in the league. I get that he's in good form but so is literally everyone else. He's good at AML/R and ST; his primary rivals in my team are Draxler, Kingsley Coman and Romelu Lukaku. He's rated higher than Lukaku (and has played one more game) and behind Draxler and Coman. Form doesn't really matter though as every player who's featured for me except Wojciech Szczesny and striker Sean O'Shea, who's played two matches after recovering from knee surgery, has a rating above 7.0.

As I've said before about nearly every other interaction currently in the game, this wouldn't be so bad if you had an option to say "what are you on about? You've played more than you could have expected" or something similar. Most of the obnoxious interactions come from the interaction presuming a fact which is not in evidence. Murphy accepts that Gotze is playing ahead of him on form, even though Murphy has a higher rating. Murphy has only one fewer appearance, though. Both will end the season around 45.

It would also not be so pointless if there weren't one or two obviously superior answers every time.

I mooted earlier that this could possibly be residual from before the update so it might be worth waiting a little while to see if it settles.

Agree there aren't enough logical responses available in a lot of cases, would love to be able to create my own replies though that would have to be non causative.

I use 4-2-3-1- narrow and usually normal or control depending on opposition and whether it's home or away, certainly not ultra attacking.

As I said for Brazil Div 2 there's nothing high about those scores, especially as I have one of the best teams in the division currently.

I also use a narrow 4231 which I brought from FM14. I have one attack and one support in defense, two attack, one support and two defending in midfield, and I haven't quite yet decided the role of the striker but mostly I have used AF-A.

Very fluid, Control, no other instructions than Play Out of Defense.

It didn't work in 15.2 and does not work in 15.3. The timing of the attacks is off - they are completely stressed out and shoots on the initial first phase of the attack more often than not, ending in less than 30% shots on goal and one goal or less per match. Any additional instructions to slow them down does so at the cost of versatility - then the quick attacks disappear entirely, making me -have- to dominate possession in the match. In FM14 I didn't necessarily need to - the extra risk in defense paid off in having options for quick attacks ready up front.

Going gung-ho attack pays off more often, but performance-wise it is clearly more variable.

I also use a narrow 4231 which I brought from FM14. I have one attack and one support in defense, two attack, one support and two defending in midfield, and I haven't quite yet decided the role of the striker but mostly I have used AF-A.

Very fluid, Control, no other instructions than Play Out of Defense.

It didn't work in 15.2 and does not work in 15.3. The timing of the attacks is off - they are completely stressed out and shoots on the initial first phase of the attack more often than not, ending in less than 30% shots on goal and one goal or less per match. Any additional instructions to slow them down does so at the cost of versatility - then the quick attacks disappear entirely, making me -have- to dominate possession in the match. In FM14 I didn't necessarily need to - the extra risk in defense paid off in having options for quick attacks ready up front.

Going gung-ho attack pays off more often, but performance-wise it is clearly more variable.

The formation works brilliantly for me and has done through all versions of FM15, I don't use the same roles as you though and probably fewer individual instructions.

Probably more importantly I spend a lot of time, effort and money (if it's there) to get what I see as the right players for each and every position and of course the criteria for that can differ vastly dependant on the level, country etc that I'm competing in.

I can and do usually take several seasons to get my perfect (as possible) squad together.

I still feel that I have to overload the box and in general build a quite extreme tactic in order to be a regular threat to a defensive opponent. Patient build-up does not seem to be as well rewarded as in FM14.

...Although this is of course very early on in testing the new ME. I loaded my tactic from FM14, which worked very well then and was based on the principles outlined on this site, and the whole of yesterday I did not manage to score more than one goal per match in the league. My friend uses a 433 (3 strikers) which is quite frankly ridiculously attacking in nature, and he scores for fun.

Patient build up play is lethal, I use a flat defensive 3-4-3 with only one attacking striker and I dominate possession at around 69-77% per game and create 10-15 quality chances a game and I'm scoring plenty of goals. I think I've only failed to score less than 2 goals on 4 occasions throughout the season. So patient build up play can be very rewarding.

If you're using the 4-2-3-1 that you did a thread on for FM14 then I see a few flaws with that set up which won't help you when breaking sides down. It lacks any kind of real movement if its same as in this thread or based on this which I assume it is;

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/386739-Narrow-4-2-3-1-Control-and-Counter-duo.-Stable-tactic-in-14.3.

It's quite static and very central focused.

Just rattled off half a season:

utv9e.jpg

These high scoring games are killing the realism for me, personally. Seeing it on Ai v Ai too.

Anyone else finding this?

Let me clarify something.. That screenshot is one I took of my game with the last patch. I have no idea why stevemc is playing it off as his own. You can find.my post with the screenshot in the feedback thread for the last patch.

Steve, please make your own screenshots in the future.

Scoring seems to have been tuned down in this patch, which is good. Still a bit too many shots and chances created though. Anyways, ignore stevemc's post, I don't know what his deal is.

Let me clarify something.. That screenshot is one I took of my game with the last patch. I have no idea why stevemc is playing it off as his own. You can find.my post with the screenshot in the feedback thread for the last patch.

Scoring seems to have been tuned down in this patch, which is good. Still a bit too many shots and chances created though. Anyways, ignore stevemc's post, I don't know what his deal is.

Thanks for that, we'll decide if he should suffer for that :D it should indeed be a lot better now, but as always depends to a large extent on tactics etc.

Wow, are you serious? I think you need to take a closer look mate.

I took that screenshot that last night during my game :mad:

What the hell are you on?

After dealing with the sliding jesus issue, I've had the time to play a few matches and looking how the match engine is .... and I like what I see. Good to see more direct dribbling instead of the endless instances of players taking the ball out to the flanks, and really good to see central defenders being more careful about leaving the line to confront an opponent. Previously I've had to give my CD's a "close down less" PI to get them somewhat into line; now I can ditch that PI. Nice.

What an excitement development on here! The screenshot saga :D

I can post a screenshot of any part of that game, I've got the save game on my mac as I was playing it last night.

Not a clue what that lad is going on about.

I can post a screenshot of any part of that game, I've got the save game on my mac as I was playing it last night.

Not a clue what that lad is going on about.

I assume this is the post Confused is referring to? (Bloody Hell Kriss! Beating me to it again! :mad: )

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/413334-Official-Football-Manager-2015-Feedback-Thread-15.2.1?p=10079486#post10079486

I can't really see well on my phone, but they look like different results to me! Never has there been a more appropriately labeled smilie than this one: :confused:

Out of interest stevemc, could you confirm how you are set up? Your experience differs significantly from mine with regard to scores (1-0 and 2-0 are the typical scorelines for me), and I'd like to understand what is driving that.

Out of interest stevemc, could you confirm how you are set up? Your experience differs significantly from mine with regard to scores (1-0 and 2-0 are the typical scorelines for me), and I'd like to understand what is driving that.

I'm set up as a 4-3-3, standard mentality away (attacking at home).

/Facepalm moment.

Tackling is useless. 9 times out of 10 when an opposition player is tackled the ball goes straight back to the opposition. It's like watching an early version of FIFA

Pkms showing examples in the bugs forum would be great, I'm not seeing anything like that.

Tackling is useless. 9 times out of 10 when an opposition player is tackled the ball goes straight back to the opposition. It's like watching an early version of FIFA

Could you upload examples of this to the bugs forum please? Certainly not something I have seen - what level of highlights are you watching?

EDIT - Sod this :D I'll leave it all to Kriss!

Archived