Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.3.0

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
I can't play, i'm having too many crash dumps, after 1/2 minutes in game.

Never had a crash dump before, but then 15.3 happened. For f sake

Please raise the issue here and we'll address it - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/462-PC-Specific-Issues

Thanks.

• SI Staff
Maybe this is just me but I have seemed to lost the ability to reject or undo the reject all offers for players function?

Help!

Hi Kazza,

Could you please start a thread in the bugs forum and we will be able to help you further.

Bugs Forum - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/449-Transfers-Contracts-and-Responsibilities

Cheers,

Ben

• Administrators
Neither this nor jc1's method helped for me.

Okay raise the issue here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/462-PC-Specific-Issues

Please also post your dxdiag and we'll take a look. Dxdiag instructions here - https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/201580562-How-to-Do#find-dxdiag

Only do so in the area linked above, please don't post it in this feedback thread. Thanks.

• Administrators
I started a game with Barcelona. Played Dani Alves as DR. I rested him for a cup match, then he became unhappy because of the lack of first team football, and now most of my players are unhappy with that.

Okay please raise the issue on our interaction bugs forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/451-Interaction-Conversations-Team-Meetings

We'd also need a save game where we can reproduce this, ideally from just before the cup match if you have one. If not, your current save would be useful to see why he's getting upset. Thanks.

• Administrators
Hi, I just started my new game in Italy with Inter Milan and I found a missing tranfer from the january window..Jeison Murillo from Granada CF has been bought by Inter and will join them in 2015 summer, as stated here

Could you fix it? as i don't have the editor..thx

It happened a few days after the window closed so was too late to be included.

Apologies if this has already been asked - is there a way of installing the patch but not the transfers, or ideally installing the transfers without overwriting previous changes made to players' attributes etc? I've spent a lot of time editing the database with my own opinions of players who are underrated, overrated and that kind of thing, and would ideally not want to lose those changes.

Apologies if this has already been asked - is there a way of installing the patch but not the transfers, or ideally installing the transfers without overwriting previous changes made to players' attributes etc? I've spent a lot of time editing the database with my own opinions of players who are underrated, overrated and that kind of thing, and would ideally not want to lose those changes.

I have no idea about editor stuff, but aren't your edited database(s) named? As such, can't you just update and create a new save which you point at your edited database?

I think that at the start of the game you can choose the starting database

• Administrators
My save created before the update has train for new position greyed out for all players since my game updated but this not the case with a game I created after the update.

Within Staff -> Staff Responsibilities do you have another member of staff set to handle training and individual training in that save?

• Administrators
Yes can you no longer override it since the update?

Yeah it was a bug that you could before, which has now been fixed and is working as intended. If you want to re-train positions you need to change the staff responsibilities and handle that side of training. Thanks.

Okay raise the issue here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/462-PC-Specific-Issues

Please also post your dxdiag and we'll take a look. Dxdiag instructions here - https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/201580562-How-to-Do#find-dxdiag

Only do so in the area linked above, please don't post it in this feedback thread. Thanks.

Done. But I have already raised the issue (well, added to this thread in the bugs forum), so I'm not sure how raising it again elsewhere will help. But anyway. It's done. dxdiag and all.

If you have already started an editor file then the new changes should not be included in it (at least this was the case in previous iterations). Further, it should give you an option of which database you wish to select when loading (like when starting a new game).

Anyone who feels they are either struggling to generate shots on goal, or seeing too many shots on goal, please feel free to report it here and we will look into it: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/447-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Extensive soak testing shows that the numbers of shots on goal we have in the latest ME matches very closely with real life levels, with discrepancies of roughly 1-2 shots per game either way.

Do you mean the TOTAL shots on goal or the shots on goal PER TEAM? I have the feeling that the first number is good in the current ME, but the last one too extreme in certain Barca vs Eibar type of matches. If the other team parks the bus, even the most offensive teams don't continue firing from left right and center, hoping that something goes in. They rather use the increased time and space in midfield to patiently start movements that create high quality shots (some more, some less obviously, but they all do to a certain degree). I think FM 14 depicted this behaviour better and more realistic (with the last patch)

I am now getting this error message whenever I load up FM:

A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file has been generated in: Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2015/crash dumps/FM 2015 v15.3.0.610347 (2015.02.26 12.34.22).dmp

Never had it prior to today so presumably something to do with the update, any advice? Weirdly it is listed as v15.3.0, but after it crashes I get a Steam message saying it is completing installation, which cuts at 1% before giving this error message:

Steam - Error

The Steam server are too busy to handle your request for Football Manager 2015. Error Code (41)

So maybe it's getting caught at the installation stage?

I still feel that I have to overload the box and in general build a quite extreme tactic in order to be a regular threat to a defensive opponent. Patient build-up does not seem to be as well rewarded as in FM14.

...Although this is of course very early on in testing the new ME. I loaded my tactic from FM14, which worked very well then and was based on the principles outlined on this site, and the whole of yesterday I did not manage to score more than one goal per match in the league. My friend uses a 433 (3 strikers) which is quite frankly ridiculously attacking in nature, and he scores for fun.

There doesn't seem to be too many comments about the actual ME. What is the general consensus? I'm gutted I missed out on the update, had a day off yesterday and was playing from like 11:00-17:00 so obviously missed out of the update when loading up. Won't get a chance to play for about a week now due to moving out of my house for some building work :-(

It may be a controversial opinion, but from where I'm sitting, I think the ME is much improved. There seems to be far less of players running up to an opponent and then not making a challenge, just trying to get in the way, which was my biggest grumble- now they actually appear to try to win the ball.

There are people better placed than me to comment on the ME, but that's the biggest thing I've noticed, and it's a plus.

There doesn't seem to be too many comments about the actual ME. What is the general consensus? I'm gutted I missed out on the update, had a day off yesterday and was playing from like 11:00-17:00 so obviously missed out of the update when loading up. Won't get a chance to play for about a week now due to moving out of my house for some building work :-(

Without going into any detail the changes in this version seem to have improved the game re watching in 3D. Feels more fluid and responsive (that might just be me but I am happy with ME changes).

I'm getting a lot of injuries.

That's a meaningless comment tbh, supply some data please, though I'd always suggest giving it quite a few matches to settle after a new update just in case it's caused by conflictions with your particular set up choices.

so i took your advice yesterday, i've tried 3 tactics all completely different to each other, and in everyone (over testing of atleast 6 games each) the same thing happens, my keeper and i have tried others do the exact same thing, drop the ball from any kind of long range shot and let an attacker tap it in whilst they prance about looking like the walking dead

3 tactics, one very attacking, one very defensive and 1 with a slow tempo and patient build up?

is it still my tactics, before the update 15.2.1 Port Vale position 1st played 24 won 18 drew 4 lost 2 since 15.3 played 19 won 3 drew 6 lost 10 down to 8th position

game is broken for me and i doubt i can get back into it now

yesterday i was told to lower tempo as i was always offside and having goals disallowed everytime it was an important goal eg (goal equalisier or goal winner) never was it when the game was 3-0 or more, yet with a lower tempo it's still happening, it happens when i try short passing into space or direct passing to feet, everything!

so it seems that no matter what i do with this former excellent team, there is no tactic that will stop my keeper acting like a prat or stoping my attackers from getting goals disallowed

my post is more in anger, SI i know you do a great job i'm just so frustrated as i love 15.2.1 and there's no way to get back to it, i'm gonna keep trying new tactics and squad rotation but i hold no hope for this save anymore, i build this Port Vale team up from 23rd position in League 2 to the top of the championship in 5 seasons, it wasn't easy then but it's now impossible :(

my post is more in anger, SI i know you do a great job i'm just so frustrated as i love 15.2.1 and there's no way to get back to it, i'm gonna keep trying new tactics and squad rotation but i hold no hope for this save anymore, i build this Port Vale team up from 23rd position in League 2 to the top of the championship in 5 seasons, it wasn't easy then but it's now impossible :(

Consider posting in the tactics forum - it is there to help people out.

You say that you had a successful tactic prior to the update, but the scale of ME changes was such that it could have affected what was working well for you before. You mentioned that you have created a few different systems, but is it conceivable that they might have flaws? If you post what you have created in the tactics forum, we can appraise what has been done, ask you questions about how you want to play and why you have done what you have.

Consider posting in the tactics forum - it is there to help people out.

You say that you had a successful tactic prior to the update, but the scale of ME changes was such that it could have affected what was working well for you before. You mentioned that you have created a few different systems, but is it conceivable that they might have flaws? If you post what you have created in the tactics forum, we can appraise what has been done, ask you questions about how you want to play and why you have done what you have.

no i agree, it's just frustrating knowing what my team can do, but i'm still gonna be ok, Port Vale wanted me to avoid relegation so to still finish 8th is great, i'm determined to try more and i've posted in tactics for advice

It seems quite a bit harder to get my team up to match fitness, having come through pre-season and now 5 games into the season still a lot of the squad are not match fit, after almost every game I am getting messages to rest certain players as they are too tired.

I think linked to that is the injuries I am getting, not so much players going out injured but just them picking up knocks and my assistant saying I should sub them, the last match I had to use all 3 subs in the first half because of these knocks.

Injuries themselves seem about right, I have a squad of 20 players and at the moment I have 5 out, I could just be a bit unlucky but I guess these things happen.

I should be able to better gauge it once I get a bit further into the season and hopefully all these 'picked up a knock' things start to ease off a bit.

I liked the changes to the ME - seems more like a proper game of football. Crosses at least seem to work again - a great cross from my right winger was headed in by my poacher striker. Can't remember that happening much before.

One-on-ones are much better too. No more kicking it straight at the keeper. :D

If SI had to be mindful of third-party add-ons when working on updates, then they would never get an update out. Please raise the issue in the skinning forum for the relevant skin in order to make the person who created it aware.

If FM wasn't so editable there would be far less interest and sales so it's the third party add-ons that makes it so successful !! You guys always fall back on the same argument that it's potentially the fault of add-ons and whilst that argument has some if very little truth I refer you to my comment querying why is it after every update things that were working fine before no longer do so ??

• Administrators
I dont know if i am the only person on earth, who still has 15.2.1..I tried solution with deleting catche but nothing..I bought FM just few days ago, does that matter?

No it won't make any difference when you bought it - are you connecting to Steam properly? Is Steam set to online?

• Administrators
The match engine again disaster. Can out new match engine update for FM 15?

Constructive feedback please - why do you think it's a disaster? PLEASE take the time to elaborate on your point of view. Thanks.

Hi guys,

Any changes in transfer budgets in 15.3.0 ?

On a side note:

- I had to create a new login, the "recovery form" didnt send any email.

- Why Benfica is named in the game "SLB" ?!?!? This thing happens since FM2012 I think.

You dont see "SLB" in any official site, the name is "Sport Lisboa e Benfica" or "Benfica" or "SL Benfica".

Please fix this!

Looking forward to play with the new patch!

Archived