Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.3.0

There are still way too many shots at goal & chances created. It seems SI always attacks the symptom rather than the cause.

Too many goals seems to have been dealt with by making finishing poorer(something we definitely didn't need), instead of making it a bit harder to create chances.

How many shots are you seeing?

There's always been an underlying sentiment that chance creation/visualisation needs improving, too many easy shots being skewed and too many hard shots being scored. There is also an abundance of tactics that overload the opposition to create upwards of 20-30 shots a game.

The EPL average is around 10-12 shots per game from the bottom of the table up to the top 6/7 clubs, with the big clubs (Chelsea, Manchester City) pushing 15-16 shots on average while teams in 'transition' like Manchester United have an average shots per game of 12, but generally it's the top 4-6 teams that go beyond 12 shots per game.

Of course, that is just this season. Last season 11-12 seemed to be the general average with Liverpool, City and Chelsea running away with it at 17-18 spg and the season before that shows similar results.

If you're pushing 20+ shots a game on average, you're basically a FM version of Brendan Rodgers and Liverpool, or quite attacking a la City. Obviously I haven't bothered to look at the conversion rate of the shots average and the goals total, but that might be something to check out before bringing the judgement hammer down.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me (I and my online game friend) installed the update on our Macs yesterday and the result was a couple of graphic errors / BUGS. how do we correct these? All errors occur in match 3D game mode. My game has a flickering interface bug and on his game the players are all running with arms straight out and the goalies are just standing still and don't interact with shoots etc.

Me (me and my online game friend) installed the update on our Macs yesterday and the result was a couple of graphic errors / BUGS. how do we correct these? All errors occur in match 3D game mode. My game has a flickering interface bug and on his game the players are all running with arms straight out and the goalies are just standing still and don't interact with shoots etc.

• SI Staff

- Why Benfica is named in the game "SLB" ?!?!? This thing happens since FM2012 I think.

You dont see "SLB" in any official site, the name is "Sport Lisboa e Benfica" or "Benfica" or "SL Benfica".

Please fix this!

Due to legal reasons this has to be the the name of the club in game.

Me (I and my online game friend) installed the update on our Macs yesterday and the result was a couple of graphic errors / BUGS. how do we correct these? All errors occur in match 3D game mode. My game has a flickering interface bug and on his game the players are all running with arms straight out and the goalies are just standing still and don't interact with shoots etc.

Please refer to this thread MrDabbe: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/421002-Reviewed-15.3-Update-Match-Engine-Issue-The-Zombie-Glide

Regarding the flickering interface bug, the same troubleshooting tips contained within the linked thread may help with that too.

Hi guys,

Any changes in transfer budgets in 15.3.0 ?

On a side note:

- I had to create a new login, the "recovery form" didnt send any email.

- Why Benfica is named in the game "SLB" ?!?!? This thing happens since FM2012 I think.

You dont see "SLB" in any official site, the name is "Sport Lisboa e Benfica" or "Benfica" or "SL Benfica".

Please fix this!

Looking forward to play with the new patch!

SLB is due to licensing, SI do not have the right to use the clubs actual name.

I can never tell if i'm looking for things that have changed and imagining it or not but has anyone who plays lower league football noticed that defending has turned into an absolute horrorshow? Specifically, shocking first touches that lead to goals and defenders far too frequently not being able to judge a longball and jumping under it to try and head it, which 9/10 times leads to a one on one?

• Administrators
Acknowledging there will not be another match engine update, will a hotfix be made to fix the ragdoll player models in the 3D view?

It doesn't appear to be a 'game issue' as such and is effected by a slightly corrupted cache/install. We're working through with users now to try and resolve this. For anyone encountering the issue, please create your own thread here for Mac - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/444-Mac-Specific-Issues

And here for PC - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/462-PC-Specific-Issues

Thanks.

BECAUSE . Only one example. THINK a programmer, IN 2015! he can't solve the goalkeepers reaction, reaction times, frozens altough too many months . The goaalkeeper is only watching! What a match engine! I see too many comic goals because of this. I'm bored

The goalkeeper reactions have been extensively tuned twice (previous update and this one), and are now in a much better state than before. You will still concede goals via this means because, guess what, it happens! If you can log multiple examples from this Match Engine where you feel this is still happening with excessive frequency, then please log examples. Hopefully you aren't too bored to do that.

[italy] - Problems with the colors of the club

All the Italian teams that the editor did not set the text color, have the wrong colors in the game (always in the text). This has never happened before of the last patch.

Should take the two colors of the kits. Now, takes the background color from the kit and the color of the number (always black). And this is wrong. It should take only the two colors of the kits.

Example: 10357816_10205167251693760_5652997888491058545_n.jpg

The Taranto must be red and blue as the colors of the kit. Instead it's black and blue (blue = background color and black = color number)

• Administrators
[italy] - Problems with the colors of the club

All the Italian teams that the editor did not set the text color, have the wrong colors in the game (always in the text). This has never happened before of the last patch.

Should take the two colors of the kits. Now, takes the background color from the kit and the color of the number (always black). And this is wrong. It should take only the two colors of the kits.

Do you have any specific examples of teams?

r2q4p0.png

I got a CB red card so I have to make a substitution, since I can't see my player positions, I can't really put my substituted player into CB position. Only happened after the new patch, although it's been quite awhile since I had a red card.

EDIT: I manage to put the CB in position from the tactic dropdown. but when overview this is what happened

r2q4p0.png

I got a CB red card so I have to make a substitution, since I can't see my player positions, I can't really put my substituted player into CB position. Only happened after the new patch, although it's been quite awhile since I had a red card.

EDIT: I manage to put the CB in position from the tactic dropdown. but when overview this is what happened

Is that a custom skin? try clearing the skin cache and use the default skins.

r2q4p0.png

If you are using a third party skin, then please try the official skin. If it still recreates with the official skin, then please post a bug report, if not, you need to speak to the maker of your skin.

CARDIFF COLOURS

Good to see they've been switched back. Or wait...have they? The 2D colours have but the 3D colours are the same. Except the computer thinks they have been changed. The effect is that when you play a team in blue away the computer changes to the away kit thinking it's red but it's actually still blue! Blue v Blue! Genius.

CARDIFF COLOURS

Good to see they've been switched back. Or wait...have they? The 2D colours have but the 3D colours are the same. Except the computer thinks they have been changed. The effect is that when you play a team in blue away the computer changes to the away kit thinking it's red but it's actually still blue! Blue v Blue! Genius.

This has been reported here and we're looking into it, thanks Tim: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/421124-Reviewed-15.3-Update-Cardiff-City-Kit

Thanks Tony, good to know.

Exactly the same thing happened when I edited the colours myself on a previous patch so I assume that's what one of your guys did when you updated, just edited, unaware of the problem. For now I will play with Newport County!

Ah! Just looked at the solution. Thanks. Will try!

Sorry, Tony, where do I find those Kit .fmf files to change the names?

I found it, but can't open it. What programme do I need? Anyone?

The previous patch was perfect, why did they destroy it :(

Looks like there is a problem with giving players a rest day, adding an extra day onto the designated rest period.
Seven of my players have complained about a lack of first team football in 8 days since I updated. I'm hoping it's a coincidence.

the same problems

I'm with Juventus, 1st season. I have 20 point lead. Title challenge team meeting.

u4KzQUo.png

"I think you're wrong in thinking we were expected to win the title this season"

mbe1rQp.png

give me a break

The previous patch was perfect, why did they destroy it :(

the same problems

I'm with Juventus, 1st season. I have 20 point lead. Title challenge team meeting.

u4KzQUo.png

"I think you're wrong in thinking we were expected to win the title this season"

mbe1rQp.png

give me a break

Do you have a save from before that meeting? If you do, could you report it in the bugs forum and upload the save to the FTP server?

Fingers crossed this doesn't wreck my current save... Had that happen before after a patch. A long time ago though.

I miss manually installing them, instead I get back from work to it automatically installed. I would have waited.

I don't like 15.3 at all so far.

Ruined my team, Naymar, I bought years ago and is team captain can't blend into the squad, Balante went from a world class defender to complete crap that commits fouls and mistake that loss me games and now Kevin De Bruyne wants to leave Tottenham because he want to play in the English Premier League.

Hmm, didn't see anything in the patchnotes about fixing the pitch view bug. You know where you have a perfect pitch but the matchengine displays it as a mudhole. Hope its fixed

Time to fire up the game now after some minor adjustments to the database.

I still have the same problem, they told me that with the new update should be fixed but its not. It is fixed for you?

My constructive suggestion: SI should beta test patches for a couple of days in future. So many niggly little things that have been flushed out in a day.

They do get beta-tested. The problem is when you have thousands of users doing all sorts of things on all sorts of machines, problems do crop up that no amount of beta testing will discover. The vast majority of registered users on here aren't complaining about so many niggly things; it is a very small section of the user base.

I don't like 15.3 at all so far.

Ruined my team, Naymar, I bought years ago and is team captain can't blend into the squad, Balante went from a world class defender to complete crap that commits fouls and mistake that loss me games and now Kevin De Bruyne wants to leave Tottenham because he want to play in the English Premier League.

not the only one

dkTMHTL.jpg

As you can see my form has dramatically disappeared after the patch update. Has anyone else had the same issue?

(I installed the patch after the Fleetwood game)

Quite frustrating! Suppose it makes the season a little more interesting though as I was en route to a comfortable promotion place.

Just a quick question, before the patch when you transferred someone out or they requested a transfer and the player left the club you were able to have a chat and say something nice or not as the case may be. Has that disappeared or is it random or depending on length of service?

cheers

ps For what it is worth, I am having no real issues with this patch. One glitch which I have sorted out in bugs forum.

How come I can't delete the tactics I don't want to save?

I hate the new system regarding tactics and saving them.

Why can't we have the old system which if you tweaked your tactic and then saved the same file name, it just kept 1 file and updated that file?

I've now got several tactics after tweaking which I can't delete from the folder...?!

They do get beta-tested. The problem is when you have thousands of users doing all sorts of things on all sorts of machines, problems do crop up that no amount of beta testing will discover. The vast majority of registered users on here aren't complaining about so many niggly things; it is a very small section of the user base.

There are quite a few complaints about suggest squad issues, players complaining about first team football and such.

Now, I know it gets complicated so soon after an update. Even if they had as many as 100 people testing round the clock for the week leading up to release, that's still only 17,000 hours of testing. There's 49,545 players on football manager right now, it would take a mere 20 minutes to eclipse that figure. The thing is though, I doubt there's 100 testers, I doubt they had a week with the patch in it's current state, and I doubt that they'd be testing around the clock. Ultimately you just can't test to that level.

The secondary issue is that a lot of people suffer from confirmation bias after patches. Oh, they get a sudden bad run; it's the patch, oh they get a bad run with injuries; it's the patch, their star striker has a sudden downturn in form; it's the patch, etc. Whilst there will be some difference (a different match engine can be particularly harsh on exploitative tactics, whether they were like that on purpose or not), ultimately a lot of that dies down very quickly as people realise "oh, it was just a bad run coinciding with the new patch".

The question here is whether people having these problems with the squad are related to the patch, that is, something has been changed and this is a result, or if it's just a case of it happened after the patch being installed.

Oh well, the saving time issue has been fixed. At this point, as long as it's not broken a third time this release cycle (or for FM16), I'm happy.

Bit of a strange one.

But has anyone else's mouse back button stopped working in game?

My mouse's back button is working no problems out of the game and i can even define the use of the back button as the mouse in the preferences options....but in game...not happening!

One issue I have is with promises. I promised a younger player that I would send him out on loan as he was not getting the games he wanted last season for the first squad. But this season he has been a revelation and started in all senior games. However, as I did not keep my promise re loaning him out he wants to leave! Surely that is not right. He wanted full games and is now getting them at the top level!

Is that new or was it like that before this patch?

Archived