Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking a save from FM23 to FM24 doesn't present any drawbacks in terms of how things like transfers work in FM24, right? Because that has also been completely changed in FM24. It's not that everything will still function the same as it was set up in FM23? Transfers in FM24 will likely be even more realistically configured, so I'd like to know if that remains the case when importing an FM23 save.

12 hours ago, pizzachips said:

is anyone finding player interactions/power a pain this yr- specifically how frequently upset the team gets. 

in Jan 1st season, meeting all targets (pt of top), no issues,  have Varane, Martinez, Lindelof, maguire, evans but not enough for 12 players.. my mate had the same in jan too, except complaining about gk depth; he had the existing 4 keepers from the start again meeting targets.

I dont like promises so selected "convince" "i dont think we need it all.." only for all initially expressionless bar rashford who goes from leading the chat to being the only happy one.

now the entire squad morale is shot

image.thumb.png.ae5c047e0ba579caed7d0ff607912f09.png

image.thumb.png.4bedaff330b3e2c91966b05d4d18bb5b.png

image.thumb.png.6f14d2f4fe4fc529ed741fe357e9a2a5.png

Per the expected fix notes this "issue" of squad depth, especially at DC, is expected to be resolved. Hang in there fella

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Has anyone figured out a "grind results out 1-0" tactic?

Joined a side in November as they sat bottom of the table and tried but it seems fairly pointless as you just cant keep clean sheets regularly. Switch to a gegenpress side, even though ive the worst side in the league with zero confidence, and suddenly sailing to victories.

It would cause some outrage but i really do think the attribute range needs either stretched or more of it used. Scottish Premiership players seem far too good in general and i feel the same for most UK leagues. 

If I'm trying to defend a narrow lead, then I've found the 4-3-3 DM with the retain possession instructions tend to help. Trap outside/regroup/hold shape/shorter passing 

3 hours ago, Oliver Roland said:

Wirtz assist on this, so am I missing something or is this a bug?

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I saw a similar offside goal in my save and reported it in the bugs forum. SI have acknowledged it as something they're already aware of and are investigating. 

16 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Thank you for all of your feedback in this thread so far. Please find an update from Studio Director Miles Jacobson here: 

This updates also works for current saves and saves who are converted from FM23 to FM24?

Edited by Quickzz

Hi don’t know if this has been stated but just started the game and noticed that scout report cards still don’t show attributes.

I think for the last 3 instalments the majority of people believe when scouting a player attributes are the most important thing and it shouldn’t be a hassle and a waste of time to having to check multiple “i”s to determine if a player is even worth considering further.

When we scout a player the first and second reasons are to check attributes & potential 

it’s only then once we think a player can fit in do we want hidden traits!

stats! I don’t think many of us find them useful since players without top attributes rarely transfer good stats when they transfer teams. Maybe this FM24 is different 

please bring back attributes to the report cards! ASAP!

Don't know if this is just because I'm finding this year's game bastard hard and so player morale is in the toilet and they're too depressed to run, but I've noticed my players really won't close down players at the edge of our area. Tried increasing their pressing, using step up more instruction, tighter marking etc. but nothing I do seems to be having much of an impact in the match engine. 

Edited by Blünderbossu

Also I have delegated all transfers and contracts to my Director of Football. I must say the AI has been brilliant. The DoF managed to fill out my whole squad according to my squad planner and signed some really good players. Genuinely impressive!

Who fancies a change from the usual issues everyone is seeing?

Here's something linked to a headline feature too - improved finances!

I'm having issues getting the board to agree to facility upgrades as they are concerned at the club's financial situation.

Over the past 3 and a half years balance has gone up from around 300k to around 2m, and that's even with sneaking an early training facilities upgrade in (cost 1m).

image.png.425166c07cb9aa93e8a71f12404468c1.png

However the financial projection looks dire so you can understand the board's concern.

image.png.9d6eac02b7d30ee9afbfbcec8fce4ac0.png

They're anticipating a drop to (6m) in just over 2 years.

Thing is, these financial losses have been projected each year, but I've gone on to make profit each year.

League prize money is pretty decent so not sure how these projections are being built out.

It could be linked to another bugbear of mine which generally doesn't affect my game but always annoys me. When you are an underdog in the league but you overachieve time and time again, the league season preview, the board and fans still consider you only good enough to avoid relegation or maybe finish in the lower half of the table (even if you finished in european spots 3 years in a row).

I've learnt, like a lot of us, that in pre-season team meetings, you just need to aim for exactly what the board expects (which is normally ridiculously unambitious given recent league finishes but hey ho) otherwise you risk offending the squad by being too ambitious - even if you aim for lower than your recent league finish.

However the lack of ambition from the board really holds us back in terms of continuing to upgrade facilities and improve the club's rep.

If your previous league positions were taken into account (the game should recognise an overachieving manager and just run with it) and the financial projections made more sense, the board would probably support the advancements of the club appropriate to their current level in the game as opposed to being linked to expectations probably tied too much to club reputation, which can take a decade to catch up to your league finishes / achievements.

1 hour ago, Arnar said:

Has anyone had a player determination go down considerably over 1 month? Had a guy go from 16>11 in a month.

1 hour ago, The About Average Jake said:

Not in FM24. Not yet anyway, but I've had it happen a lot in previous FM's. I never really figured out why.

Sometimes players get a random outside of football event that drastically alters their personality. I'm assuming that's what happened in these cases. Sometimes a player gets a massive boost, sometimes they see a massive drop in some personality stat.

Alternatively since this is FM24 it could be that issue where player personality gets cloned and you cloned a much lower determination personality onto your player. From what I've seen in this thread that's something that can happen with imported saves from FM23?

So, you have to rotate heavily or your squad will basically be dead by January but also when you rotate, players who are playing 75-80% of your games are complaining en masse about not playing often enough?

Have Rice playing in every important game and 80%+ overall, complaining about his playing time while i am told he needs a rest from playing after every game...

29 minutes ago, jayedson said:

Who fancies a change from the usual issues everyone is seeing?

Here's something linked to a headline feature too - improved finances!

I'm having issues getting the board to agree to facility upgrades as they are concerned at the club's financial situation.

Over the past 3 and a half years balance has gone up from around 300k to around 2m, and that's even with sneaking an early training facilities upgrade in (cost 1m).

image.png.425166c07cb9aa93e8a71f12404468c1.png

However the financial projection looks dire so you can understand the board's concern.

image.png.9d6eac02b7d30ee9afbfbcec8fce4ac0.png

They're anticipating a drop to (6m) in just over 2 years.

Thing is, these financial losses have been projected each year, but I've gone on to make profit each year.

League prize money is pretty decent so not sure how these projections are being built out.

It could be linked to another bugbear of mine which generally doesn't affect my game but always annoys me. When you are an underdog in the league but you overachieve time and time again, the league season preview, the board and fans still consider you only good enough to avoid relegation or maybe finish in the lower half of the table (even if you finished in european spots 3 years in a row).

I've learnt, like a lot of us, that in pre-season team meetings, you just need to aim for exactly what the board expects (which is normally ridiculously unambitious given recent league finishes but hey ho) otherwise you risk offending the squad by being too ambitious - even if you aim for lower than your recent league finish.

However the lack of ambition from the board really holds us back in terms of continuing to upgrade facilities and improve the club's rep.

If your previous league positions were taken into account (the game should recognise an overachieving manager and just run with it) and the financial projections made more sense, the board would probably support the advancements of the club appropriate to their current level in the game as opposed to being linked to expectations probably tied too much to club reputation, which can take a decade to catch up to your league finishes / achievements.

Projections don't seem to take into account income from prize money, TV revenue or sponsorship. It is basically a pointless screen.

2 hours ago, The About Average Jake said:

If I'm trying to defend a narrow lead, then I've found the 4-3-3 DM with the retain possession instructions tend to help. Trap outside/regroup/hold shape/shorter passing 

Slow pace down, reduce passing to keep possession, time waste (obvious one).

reduce width, remove the counter attack and counter press options. 
GK to slow their distribution down.

lower defensive line.

I play a 4-3-3 (or 4-1-2-2-1 as split across the various stratas) but if it’s a crucial match and I’m leading by a single goal then I revert to a 4-1-4-1 - very solid.

I might switch to that in the last 10 minutes to grind out the result.

Edited by Fritz13

1 hour ago, Purple Bane said:

So, you have to rotate heavily or your squad will basically be dead by January but also when you rotate, players who are playing 75-80% of your games are complaining en masse about not playing often enough?

Have Rice playing in every important game and 80%+ overall, complaining about his playing time while i am told he needs a rest from playing after every game...

I mentioned this on the bugs forum during early access, someone from S.I got back to me and basically said its down to match tactics (Gegenpress) and training but I refuse to accept that as the sole reason as these men are pro athletes plus I wasn't at the time using gegenpress. I understand that as the season goes on rotation is important, but half my first team were "jaded" by October! I had to send KDB, B.Silva, Haaland, Dias, Stones and Rodri on holiday 3 times during the season (at separate times to avoid losing all my players at once). The amount of football they missed during that time was ridiculous and had a massive impact on the season, I think I'd have been better off just playing them.  

11 minutes ago, The About Average Jake said:

I mentioned this on the bugs forum during early access, someone from S.I got back to me and basically said its down to match tactics (Gegenpress) and training but I refuse to accept that as the sole reason as these men are pro athletes plus I wasn't at the time using gegenpress. I understand that as the season goes on rotation is important, but half my first team were "jaded" by October! I had to send KDB, B.Silva, Haaland, Dias, Stones and Rodri on holiday 3 times during the season (at separate times to avoid losing all my players at once). The amount of football they missed during that time was ridiculous and had a massive impact on the season, I think I'd have been better off just playing them.  

I've also raised the very same issue. Ive not tried it yet but someone suggested adding in a rest day or reduced training for one day post match. Might be worth an experiment. My view is as yours. Ive had DC's getting tired which is ridiculous, I could imagine it to a small degree if its your box to box midfielder

44 minutes ago, The About Average Jake said:

Does anyone rest all players who have less than a full hear of fitness after each match?
not sure if this means they don’t benefit from the recovery and match review slots the next day though.

4 minutes ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

Started a new save unemployed and took control of Cardfiff March 2024. They're close to Administration. I've seen posts in the Early Access forum on how often this is happening to clubs and a possible bug. Is this still a thing? 

1.thumb.jpg.368004f73f1a1c5ebce047a4abf583e1.jpg

Youth.jpg.788a7d5343017a4e8665c2c65103c1d8.jpg

Not a bug for me? I used to see this in FM23 when a club was very near to admin and points deductions.

4 hours ago, Arnar said:

Has anyone had a player determination go down considerably over 1 month? Had a guy go from 16>11 in a month.

Is it a new signing?

The club welcome feature is bugged and is causing players to match the welcome players personality, rather than the usual effect.

15 minutes ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

Started a new save unemployed and took control of Cardfiff March 2024. They're close to Administration. I've seen posts in the Early Access forum on how often this is happening to clubs and a possible bug. Is this still a thing? 

A quick Google search shows that their financial situation is pretty dire with a ~110m debt, they're making losses every year now that the PL parachute payments stopped, haven't been able to make any major sales recently and barely spent a dime in the past 3 transfer periods. So, looks to me like their finances are just that horrendous.

I was hoping this might have been fixed...

image.png.cf747e19b2c9eb68862e6fb0696ea3c5.png

It's less than the previous 'catching the ball' injuries suffered by my keepers. I'm just not sure i've heard of this irl. Maybe it happens but I don't know that I can recall eharing it happen, especially not as much as it does in FM24.

The game has gone from keepers incredibly rarely getting injured to being the most common injury.

I'm coming to the end of October in my first save and I have 4 keepers because of injuries. I've bought two keepers in on loan to cover and both have been injured catching the ball.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, I have just seen Miles' update and where he spoke of delays to updates because of other platforms. I don't like delays to PC updates because of consoles, and it's annoyed me that this goalkeeper update he spoke of was not in the full release update, especially as it's only a few days since full release went live.

I was thinking I'd start a new save today, but I can't play with the goalkeeper situation.

Most frustrated I have been with anything in FM for a while.

I wonder how many people play cross platform and whether it's worth holding up PC gamers for that. Maybe that's selfish of me, but that's how I feel.

Edited by anagain

2 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

A quick Google search shows that their financial situation is pretty dire with a ~110m debt, they're making losses every year now that the PL parachute payments stopped, haven't been able to make any major sales recently and barely spent a dime in the past 3 transfer periods. So, looks to me like their finances are just that horrendous.

OK thanks I wasn’t aware of their finances. I’m already looking for other jobs. Pretty bad if they sold the youth facilities.

It’s the same issues every year without fail. 

Player Conditions need sorting

Issues scoring penalties

Too many injuries 

These are the same mistakes year after year.

They’ve thrown injuries to goalies in this year along side set pieces being ridiculously overpowered. 

21 minutes ago, anagain said:

I was hoping this might have been fixed...

image.png.cf747e19b2c9eb68862e6fb0696ea3c5.png

It's less than the previous 'catching the ball' injuries suffered by my keepers. I'm just not sure i've heard of this irl. Maybe it happens but I don't know that I can recall eharing it happen, especially not as much as it does in FM24.

The game has gone from keepers incredibly rarely getting injured to being the most common injury.

I'm coming to the end of October in my first save and I have 4 keepers because of injuries. I've bought two keepers in on loan to cover and both have been injured catching the ball.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, I have just seen Miles' update and where he spoke of delays to updates because of other platforms. I don't like delays to PC updates because of consoles, and it's annoyed me that this goalkeeper update he spoke of was not in the full release update, especially as it's only a few days since full release went live.

I was thinking I'd start a new save today, but I can't play with the goalkeeper situation.

Most frustrated I have been with anything in FM for a while.

I wonder how many people play cross platform and whether it's worth holding up PC gamers for that. Maybe that's selfish of me, but that's how I feel.

😂😂😂😂 aye my keeper fractured his arm catching the ball. Brittle bones 🦴 

If you appreciate an above average Jake, I just posted this in my Careers thread:

...two games into the season our best striker Bejar stormed into my office demanding to know why, as a star player, he wasn’t starting every game. In the opening fixture against St. Patrick’s he’d bagged a record five goals including a hat-trick of penalties (boy were those Paddies awful tacklers), and in the second game, being three days later I simply rested him and gave a team member who needed match fitness a game. It turned heated, he marched off to the Sisters [chairman/directors], and next I’d heard he’d been released! Have you ever heard anything so ridiculous? The most stupid part of it is he knows that not a single player who’s left us has improved their prospects, and there’s no way he’ll get a fraction of the generous fees the Robbo’s were gifting him. We’ll move on – we don’t need his hubristic ‘star quality’. We need a team.

Now, it might be connected to another uncomfortable meeting I had with a deputation led by David Martinez two days before. Winding back a bit, late last season I’d decided to give the captaincy to my goalkeeper as he’d not be rotated. Martinez took it badly. Suddenly a mob of the best players, led by him, were insisting we needed more depth in defence. Well, we got more depth in defence. Now a new group, headed by him and including Bejar demanded more depth in goalkeeping. We have three goalkeepers; our original one, Traore can’t get a game anymore. Why on earth would we need more?

I can cope with the rotation, fine with that being an aspect of the training and tactics (although you'd think my assman running training could handle this), my issue is half the squad complaining about their playing time when they are playing most games/all important games and actually need resting ocassionally. Especially not when the team and they are in excellent form.

2 hours ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

At start of game they are already in debt £89 million and have a transfer debt of £600k, In real life at the end of May 2022 they were £123 million in debt

Just parked my beta. The final straw was seeing loan deals collapse because the likes of Go Ahead Eagles and AA Genk couldn't afford to complete the deals. Both we're for a relatively low weekly wage, with no fee. Reported. 

28 minutes ago, Bahoi said:

Post all the pkms in the Bug Tracker. I recommend any and all the matches that ends with at least 4 goals Scores (2x 1-4, 2-8 for example) either in a new thread or in one already open - see link.

To get a .pkm, click the score, and in the top right corner You can Save Match. By default they are stored in documents-sports interactive-football manager 2024-matches.

It is still considered Under Review, a baffling position to say the least. At some point they will have to admit it is more of a hockey simulator.

I do wonder if its somehow related to human managers, but im not sure how.

I joined a Scottish Premiership side in November. Until that point the scorelines seemed normal, with the odd thumping. Now im in the league its gone crazy.

1 hour ago, KeegBCFC said:

Maybe with the improved communication from SI we could get an answer to the following question: What is the point or Early Access / Beta / Whatever It's Called if the game still releases with the issues flagged up in this period? Some of them are game breaking. 

I guess the alternative would be to delay release, which would bring it's own plethora of complaints, and I'm not sure they could do that anyway with their contractual obligations to Sega