Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

Think we have worked out what the "Licencing fires" were.

Seems having done all the promotional work, only for the J League to (possibly) play hard ball means it was released with the intention to patch it in rather than delay. Not unheard of, but a bit more clarity probably would have quelled these fires from turning into a full blown towering inferno on here, but there you go, you live and learn.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutos atrás, ElJuanvito disse:

About the J-League: if it was just missing badges/kits/faces I wouldn't mind, those can be added to a save later. But launching with missing or misnamed personnel is not a good look.

It's the lack of transparency. I would even forgive them if they had the "fully licensed" but then had made a post explaining that things were not going to be completed at launch and saying why. All this almost radio silence is really infuriating. Speaking for myself, I was considering skipping this one and waiting for 25 but when I heard this had the J-League I bought it. It was the sole reason I did. For them to do this is quite a slap on the face of a fan of this game going back decades. I am very disappointed at this.

My Assistant Manager is not making a single sub during friendlies when i leave him in control, cant remember this ever happening in previous FM's, i know its been raised countless times and will get fixed eventually, but this is really damaging to player fitness and injuries during pre season, something that has always worked just fine in the past but now in apparently the most complete version to date this isn't working.

25 minutes ago, Mitza said:

Is it just me or have rival nations been removed from the nations screen? Why the change? I used that a lot to navigate between similar nations

Yeah, kinda weird change. Like wise was a good way to navigate between them. Don't think rival nations are mentioned anywhere now.  

9 hours ago, alian62 said:

The ME graphics are better with filters etc , the ME is better , set pieces are a big improvement,  game processes a lot quicker , Pre-Editor has more features , League fixtures seem better . Much more if you look 

Not better just different, set pieces are just as bad and dominate the highlights with a more complicated UI, processes better sure. AI logic lied about, J-League false fraudulent advertising, bugs still in the game after the 2 weeks of paid testing, better to leave a negative steam review since that's all Miles seems to care about

12 minutes ago, Tfunk said:

Not better just different,

Real. Picking between which recent FM to play is a question of which bugs would I rather play with, which quality of life features are worth the functionality they made worse? Especially if you don't play with the 3D cameras. 

1 minute ago, trviggo said:

Real. Picking between which recent FM to play is a question of which bugs would I rather play with, which quality of life features are worth the functionality they made worse? Especially if you don't play with the 3D cameras. 

Going from 23 to 24 is alone worth it for the only change which is that in 2D the upper side of the net around the goal is no longer being moving around if the shot goes over the bar. I swear some of the stuff that's changed for the sake of being changed. But in 24 now some shots are parried by the GK and they go out of play with such force and speed that you would think it was being shot from a cannon.

3 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

Could you DM me some more info about your issue here? Maybe with a save game or screenshots to show what you mean. I'll have a look

@Jack Joyce Hi Jack, thanks alot I have sent you a couple of DM's with screenshots.  Hopefully that will explain it better.  Many thanks

9 minutes ago, LolloViola said:

The fact that over 90% of the reviews of a football game in which the AI is not making any logic substitution are positive is basically self-explicative about how much Steam reviews are useful.

Begs the question how many rant here and then continue playing. Not even trying to show their feelings in place where it might matter more. Like pages back i called up people to leave negative review as that is a way to show things are wrong, those can be changed back into positive if needed. Next step would be refund and go enjoy and watch CL footy.

It is the money and negativity in public places where the things count on a wider scale.

Edited by saihtam

10 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

If you're wondering why lots of players are missing from the Japan leagues such as Gaku Shibasaki, Marcos Junior and Juan Mata it's because Japan is missing around 150 players in FM24 due to licensing reasons.

Would it mean to get these 150- players into the game later on once the licencing has been sorted, you would need to re-start as it would be a database issue, or do SI know if it can be resolved by a DBC, INC or other such file that doesnt require a re-start and so you can continue the save.it

8 minutes ago, wazza said:

Would it mean to get these 150- players into the game later on once the licencing has been sorted, you would need to re-start as it would be a database issue, or do SI know if it can be resolved by a DBC, INC or other such file that doesnt require a re-start and so you can continue the save.it

It's a file that goes in the editor data folder, so I presume you have to start a new game. But something better will likely be available in a day or two is my guess.

1 hour ago, saihtam said:

For god sake why cant they still not make UI adaptable.  Why do i need to scroll so much if have all the space. Playing 1440p on 27' there is room to show. Are there skins that fix this?

I know this is always been but at some places it is just ridiculous.

It's stunningly bad.  "We've put one box with very tiny text in the middle.  At the bottom there's another tiny box with a very small scroll bar."

"Is this designed for a phone?"

"No, for a 27" high-resolution monitor."

3 minutes ago, S1LVER PSYCHO said:

Not sure if it’s been addressed but I’m playing as wolves in the prem and I cannot see the ball. I am colourblind but have never had this issue on previous games. A white ball is a lot easier to see maybe if we could pick our own colours

You can. Go to Preferences, type Skin into the search bar, click Skin Colours.

You can change Standard Ball and Winter Ball colours there.

Enjoying the game more than last year, but I feel its partly because FM23 was so underwhelming. The tweaks done do make FM24 more enjoyable and the ME is lightyears better but there is still enormous room for improvement to say the least.

A few examples from my current Dinamo Zagreb save that somewhat ruin the immersion:

- My scouts are far too often recommending me unrealistic signings/too expensive players (30-60M € and 2-3x my max wage budget)

- Signing quality players from my own league is ridiculously expensive (10-15M€) compared to reality, at the same time I have the feeling that quality players from top leagues are too easy to get as soon as they fall out of favor at their current club. This last part for me is a substantial part of the feeling that the game is too easy.

- Second season I manage to beat Bayern in the Champions league. The ONLY question I get in the press conference after the game is about a fringe player sometimes playing in a "new role":confused:

- Still a problem signing bosman players that go to AI-cIubs despite me making the best offer. For example, I offer a generous contract to Alexander Aravena only to see RB Salzburg sign him for 1/5 of the salary.  

- My star players are way too sensitive about not getting enough game time when I rotate the team during some easier league fixtures. On the flip side, it seems like players also "react" faster to positive changes made. 

Newgens and player development seems better this year, with the occasional oddities. One suggestion for newgens: We could do with some minimum required attributes for certain positions. This is the worlds best natural CB in the game with 190CA, and 2 Jumping Reach

image.thumb.png.f80a388b8e875c3e6f948df49c646048.png

Edited by Dotsworthy

2 minutes ago, Dotsworthy said:

One suggestion for newgens. We could do with some minimum required attributes for certain positions. This is the worlds best natural CB in the game with 190CA, and 2 Jumping Reach

Dude... he's 5'6/7. He was never going to be a CB. I'm sure there's lots of technically and mentally great CBs who were just too short to make that position.

Play him in DM. He'd be great. Or do all players have to be born a certain height now?

4 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Dude... he's 5'6/7. He was never going to be a CB. I'm sure there's lots of technically and mentally great CBs who were just too short to make that position.

Play him in DM. He'd be great. Or do all players have to be born a certain height now?

Surely he would not come through the youth ranks as a natural CB, but as a DM/WB. That is my point.

Edited by Dotsworthy

12 minutes ago, Dotsworthy said:

Newgens and player development seems better this year, with the occasional oddities. One suggestion for newgens: We could do with some minimum required attributes for certain positions. This is the worlds best natural CB in the game with 190CA, and 2 Jumping Reach

To be honest probably not that unfair for such a short player to have such a weakness. Now if its more wide spread and taller players have that issue its defo a problem. 

Only a small sample size but from a quick check of my 2042 save the top 10 best CB's all have above or around 15 jump reaching. 

Edited by Zapoleon

16 hours ago, The Amazing Dale Watkins said:

Because it's a different game with different achievements. How would you propose to carry over achievements? That would only work if there'd be 1:1 parity in achievements, and that has never been the case. 

I didn't say to carry over achievements from FM23.

When you carry over your save you are barred from gaining achievements in FM24.