FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

6 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Yep it seems to only fire when you aren't lacking squad depth, from my own experience and reading the very many examples of it here and on Reddit.

Had it twice at Barnsley even though the squad depth was just fine.

Second save at PSG I had literally one left fullback and one right back...not a peep from the squad about depth.

I've currently got 1 fit AMC (and 2 at the club) again nothing said.

But apparently 7 CBs all with league relevant CA and most with higher league PA wasn't enough at Oakwell!

It's bizarre.

Yeah, if it happens this seemingly random, then I hope as many as possible report it so SI can have a deep look into it. If it happens in my save at any point, I will to.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, XaW said:

Yeah, if it happens this seemingly random, then I hope as many as possible report it so SI can have a deep look into it. If it happens in my save at any point, I will to.

This has been and still is my biggest complaint about interactions in FM, the fact they are seemingly random and lacking any and all logic.

I shouldn't fear telling a player who just got a 10/10 in a match his performance was brilliant. But in FM there's at least a 20% chance he will react negatively and say you have different standards of what is good.

(The obvious inverse of this obviously being poor performance where some players think a 6.2 away at a French 4th division side is a perfectly good performance and get upset when you point out it very much isn't, looking at you Goncalo Ramos)

It's totally immersion breaking and means every FM I slowly just disengage from one of the games core mechanics.

The only players who should react to positive praise negatively should be ones who are grossly unprofessional and even then it should be rare not a multiple times a season event.

Same with players reactions to criticism it should be linked to personality and fairly rare for them to react negatively (but more common than react negatively to praise which should basically be so rare it never happens).

5 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

This has been and still is my biggest complaint about interactions in FM, the fact they are seemingly random and lacking any and all logic.

I shouldn't fear telling a player who just got a 10/10 in a match his performance was brilliant. But in FM there's at least a 20% chance he will react negatively and say you have different standards of what is good.

(The obvious inverse of this obviously being poor performance where some players think a 6.2 away at a French 4th division side is a perfectly good performance and get upset when you point out it very much isn't, looking at you Goncalo Ramos)

It's totally immersion breaking and means every FM I slowly just disengage from one of the games core mechanics.

The only players who should react to positive praise negatively should be ones who are grossly unprofessional and even then it should be rare not a multiple times a season event.

Same with players reactions to criticism it should be linked to personality and fairly rare for them to react negatively (but more common than react negatively to praise which should basically be so rare it never happens).

As I said above to @Dagenham_Dave- it is clear that all is not right with player interactions and since you have reported issues, please raise them in the Bugs forum with examples and save games, so that they can be looked at and hopefully improved.  This particularly refers to issues other than concerns about the squad depth which we know has been acknowledged

Hello, I post here cause no idea about what to do. 

All the leagues have same schedule, for example premier matches are at the same time same day, 3 pm or 8 pm all with TV , in individual and multilayer. 

I already check the settings to put, tv moves the matches etc, ans also try all the options, ans nothing to do, frustrating. 

I even installed in my second computer and still the same! there is no solution, , is this a bug or is just happening to me? 

Thanks in advance 

3 minutes ago, FrazT said:

As I said above to @Dagenham_Dave- it is clear that all is not right with player interactions and since you have reported issues, please raise them in the Bugs forum with examples and save games, so that they can be looked at and hopefully improved.  This particularly refers to issues other than concerns about the squad depth which we know has been acknowledged

I find it difficult to provide save files for these kinds of events as they need one before it happens. 

Which seeing as I say saved before the game and the praise or criticism is after the game I'd have to be saving it before every interaction (which my mind isn't what it once was so I usually forget) or hope that a whole bunch of RNG in between reoccurred for them to replicate it.

Including the RNG that makes a player either agree or disagree with the praise/criticism.

I'll try my best to capture it happening and report it though because it's driving me insane.

Feels like interaction logic might benefit from being made “transparent”  in the vein of - say - a Civ game or a D&D world.

I.e Chances of outcomes could be made explicit to you / as well as knock on effects resulting from that outcome. These %s would vary depending by on your manager style and the personality of the person you’re interacting with etc. e.g if I have gone for “man manager” style it would be close to 100% that if I tell Erling Haaland he’s had a great game after a hat trick he will respond positively.

introducing this machinery would do so much for all interactions or “spot events” within the game. It delivers both logic, as well as a clear connection to the wider game world. 

because - for me - there are three issues with the interaction elements:

1. there’s too many of them

2. they follow little discernible logic

3. they often seem arbitrary, disconnected from the wider game experience 

so make fewer.

give them explicit logic

give them clearer, more interesting implications

1 hour ago, FrazT said:

It is not like this hasn't been reported in previous years. SI knows that the whole interaction system does not work properly, which was supposed to be overhauled this year but it doesn't seem like it

Season 24/25 saudi bought Ito from me for 45m, 25/26 winter transfer they want to get rid of him listed at 9m.. When i tried to buy him he was interested joining me but felt i dont have finance muscel to him and then i saw this "beauty" under reports. Good luck to him. 

_____

Injurys in game - i like it more compared fm23, Gk-l injurys need larger data for that.. i know its much more common and some people been "lucky" to get both GK-s injured for long time. Maybe i been lucky but my main GK had only 1 season problem with injurys (3 injurys on row so he played 0 games first half of season) however i like that Gk-s do get injured... in fm23 i never needed decent 2nd gk.

_____

I mentioned it before also but AI and their future prospects... they dont play them and its huge problem. Main reason i bought fm24 was that AI was supposed to be better at it.  Make player to force their way out out make these clubs to trying to find loan for them instead of maximizing loan fee-s etc. Personally for me its huge dissapointment and i have high hopes it gets way better after beta.

Also i managed to win bundesliga with meh squad - not gonna say cant happen, as i had luck on my side sometimes and my front is deadly tho my squad overall was very weak compared others... I feel in fm23 it wouldent happen. 

_______

Lovely graphics on match and how players move etc (season or so ago i saw how opponent defender passed ball back to keeper near half pitch and scored own goal LOL)

Set pieces is nice (tho might be a bit op? might be another reason why i won titel).

Screenshot_2.png

32 minutes ago, el_manayer said:

It is not like this hasn't been reported in previous years. SI knows that the whole interaction system does not work properly, which was supposed to be overhauled this year but it doesn't seem like it

They almost certainly know that it needs to be rebalanced, but without specific instances when the code can be interrogated, it will be difficult to fix, hence the request for examples.  Many users note the problem, few actually report it and that can be a problem.

what's wrong with these player reactions? 

1 player on "Impact Sub" complains about harsh team talk following a poor rating in a match over a month ago (still unhappy about it which is weird given he played a few games since). His training rating was below 5.75 for 2 weeks in a row. first week i criticised, he didn't like it, second week i wanted to give him a target and he was furious. 

My main striker and second best player in the team has been unhappy for 6 months or so because i promised to renew his contract but failed to do so immediately. he still signed a contract eventually (about 3 months ago) and he's still unhappy with very low morale. 10 games into the season and still hasn't scored (after 30 goals last season). makes no sense.

Edited by StephenG

4 minutes ago, ianscousemac said:

The number of goals is far too excessive. I hope this is fixed for the full release.

Yeah its a bit too much right now. Im in UD Ibiza in Primera Federacion (Spanish 3rd div) and ive already broken the all time division record for goals in a single game twice in my first season. First in a 5-4 game, and just recently in a 6-4 game. Seems odd lol

29 minutes ago, Dadecane said:

Yeah its a bit too much right now. Im in UD Ibiza in Primera Federacion (Spanish 3rd div) and ive already broken the all time division record for goals in a single game twice in my first season. First in a 5-4 game, and just recently in a 6-4 game. Seems odd lol

Someone ran the maths previously and it was 0.14 goals per game more. Which is essentially nothing.

Can't say I've experienced these weird high scoring games often. I've had 2 in nearly two seasons.

I scored 92 goals with Everton who are known for the past few seasons for being notoriously low scorers. There were only two games I didn't score in. The game definitely favours teams attacking wise that bombard the opposition with CM (A) or Mezzala (A) options from the middle.

Played almost a season with Scunthorpe on the beta - wanted a challenge to start with.

Love the ME, so many different goals being scored - seen quite a few keeper mistakes and even had a lobbed finish from 40yds out from a misplaced keeper pass.  

The only issues i've encountered are there are far too many goals - i scored in 36 consecutive games, including an 8-0, 6-4, 5-3, 5-4 etc - i've only messed about with a default gegenpress tactic and won 12 in a row.  I do know I am using a team which is strong in terms of the division though.

Not had many interaction issues, apart from upsetting one of the senior members with a harsh teamtalk during half-time in pre-season.  Had half the squad supporting him for the first few weeks, which co-incided with a bad start 14pts from 10 games.  

Set Pieces - managed to employ a set piece coach, not great attributes but decent for VNN level and have scored some great set-piece goals - so have resisted tinkering about at the moment.

I dont see so many goals with PSG on my save, and i play the 433. More goals than 23 on my inside forwards and that is wonderful, my forward tho gets pretty low ratings and do not score supermany goals. All you that say you score a lot of goals, what tactic are you using?

36 minutes ago, MasterFolke said:

I dont see so many goals with PSG on my save, and i play the 433. More goals than 23 on my inside forwards and that is wonderful, my forward tho gets pretty low ratings and do not score supermany goals. All you that say you score a lot of goals, what tactic are you using?

I don't have many matches on my belt with FM24, but think it's the same song like always. Game (like goal amounts) is adjusted and calculated in big picture with AI Vs AI seasons (?) @Jack Joyce then human player takes control of a team and plays positive+ tactic with overloading tactic 90min. X full season and there you have it Goal difference 70 Vs AI 25.

Questions? 

1) Why human player average overattacking can't be punished more in game? Counters, mistakes,fatigue etc.

2) Why over attacking tactics work? By overattacking I also mean you can press and attack 90 minutes. Not just plug and play styled tactics.

3) Is it possible for SI to program AI team that mimics human aggressive tactic usage and then rebalance the game ME to give challenge for that aggressive AI in larger scale?

Edited by Pasonen
Edit. Question 2)

Has the transfer history finally been fixed? It's been a bug for 4+ years. I don't have FM24 yet so can someone check this for me?

The bug was that if a team signs a player in the first weeks of the transfer window, it will show up in the transfer history of the previous window. 

And also, have they fixed going back and forth transfer history pages taking you to the current year instead of the year you were viewing?

19 hours ago, jayedson said:

Just a one-off piece of feedback around a response to a harsh team talk (have seen similar issues around volatile reactions in general among team dynamics re squad depth etc). Apologies for the lengthy post!

We were at home in the cup against a side in the division below, I rotated a little bringing in 5 or so good quality squad players (2.5-3 star) to get some game time, thinking the side was still strong enough to get a result.

Concede in first 8 mins, then opposition player sent off after 12 minutes. Changed approach to a very patient possession based system given we were at home to a lower division side who were now a man down but a goal up (so likely to park the bus). Still 0-1 at half time so told the side they should be doing better and got a favourable response.

Replaced the squad players with the first choices with around 30 mins to go but even my now strongest team still couldn't produce much. Eventually got a 90th minute equaliser with a long range effort but went on to lose on penalties.

We had 40% possession (with 11 vs 10!), xG of 1.03 vs their 0.52, only 3 shots on target vs their 2 so it's not like we were FM'ed, it was a poor performance against an inferior side with 10 men.

Now, I can count on one hand the number of times I've 'thrown the water bottle' since this was introduced as an option in FM, but I thought this was as good a time as any for this to be an appropriate full time team talk.

Most players reacted positively but I now have a mini revolt on my hands with 4 players upset. I was called into a meeting as my captain and team leader thought my 'team talks have been confusing and concerning...' - yet with 6 competitive games into this season, this is the first time I've had an unfavourable response to a team talk, so as well as not being sure why my captain is confused, I'm also not sure why team talks (plural) are being referenced.

Could it be a loss on penalties is considered a 'draw' over 90 minutes in terms of the team talk so maybe that's why it was considered more harshly?

I understand it would be a huge coding mission but would be great if some of the promised improvements to interactions (such as "Increased context for reactions will also be provided where suitable, helping to provide additional reasoning and opportunities to convince them to change their opinion if you’re not quite on the same page about a conversation topic" which admittedly is relating to personal player interactions) could be applied to a situation like this. I should be able to justify my team talk by referencing the performance and/or situation in some way - we were at home, heavy favourites, against 10 men for 80 minutes, low possession, not enough shots, etc etc. Instead we have the generic 'back down' / 'dismiss' / 'convince' options which never seem to get the right response anyway.

My managerial support is green albeit 'average' at the moment, I have a strong influence over a number of players and my performance as manager is having a positive effect on the players so it's not like I'm a low reputation new manager who they don't trust and are disenchanted with. 

The additional context I referenced above is obviously a tricky one but perhaps the initial reaction to harsh team talks should have some sharper logic taking into account the situation and performance more closely, either resulting in no issue being raised by the player or at least them being more open to 'dismiss' or 'convince' responses to quash the problem.

Hoping interactions and dynamics will continue to be worked on before full release.

Just a quick one on this, I know your feedback focuses mainly on the team talk stuff, but tactically, if a team goes down to 10 men isn't it better to be less patient and move the ball quicker to exploit the space of the extra man? My natural tactic is higher tempo so I never have to change it anyway, but from my experience, much slower possession based football enables the defence the time to set themselves up in a good shape on the edge of their own box to defend. Not saying your tactical decision is wrong and mine is right, I am just more intrigued as I have always played a more higher tempo, direct passing game. 

55 minutes ago, Mitza said:

Has the transfer history finally been fixed? It's been a bug for 4+ years. I don't have FM24 yet so can someone check this for me?

The bug was that if a team signs a player in the first weeks of the transfer window, it will show up in the transfer history of the previous window. 

And also, have they fixed going back and forth transfer history pages taking you to the current year instead of the year you were viewing?

Still like that I'm afraid. On both counts. 

Still haven't played enough to form firm opinions about FM24 (only halfway through first season; seems pretty good so far), but just wanted to say I really like the inbox item when a team in your league appoints a new manager - it helps make the world outside your club feel more alive. Nice addition.

Edited by rp1966

1 hour ago, Mitza said:

12 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Still like that I'm afraid. On both counts. 

This seems fixed to me.

VDdYrJo.gif

22 minutes ago, Jonthedon26 said:

Just a quick one on this, I know your feedback focuses mainly on the team talk stuff, but tactically, if a team goes down to 10 men isn't it better to be less patient and move the ball quicker to exploit the space of the extra man? My natural tactic is higher tempo so I never have to change it anyway, but from my experience, much slower possession based football enables the defence the time to set themselves up in a good shape on the edge of their own box to defend. Not saying your tactical decision is wrong and mine is right, I am just more intrigued as I have always played a more higher tempo, direct passing game. 

Hey, yeah it's definitely something that could be approached in different ways. My thinking was that with them especially already being a goal up at the point they went a man down (plus being away from home and the underdog anyway), they would be parking the bus by default (in a 4-4-1), not risking too many players forward so not leaving many gaps behind to exploit. So I slowed the tempo and went more patient to 'work the ball into the box' with the extra man to pass through the lines and around them.

It didn't work of course so was perhaps the wrong approach (I ended up scoring a late equaliser from the edge of the box but hey ho).

In different circumstances I definitely would have gone more direct and high tempo, if they needed to score for example, or even if it was 0-0, I probably would have tried to play patient out from the back, bait the press then try to attack quickly once it gets to my midfield to exploit any gaps.

Might be old skool thinking but I always seem to see a more patient approach irl against ten men as it seems to be the only option if they have all nine outfield players behind the ball.

1 hour ago, Mitza said:

Yep this doesn't look great and bothers me a lot. It's the smaller things that bother me. 

22 minutes ago, jayedson said:

Hey, yeah it's definitely something that could be approached in different ways. My thinking was that with them especially already being a goal up at the point they went a man down (plus being away from home and the underdog anyway), they would be parking the bus by default (in a 4-4-1), not risking too many players forward so not leaving many gaps behind to exploit. So I slowed the tempo and went more patient to 'work the ball into the box' with the extra man to pass through the lines and around them.

It didn't work of course so was perhaps the wrong approach (I ended up scoring a late equaliser from the edge of the box but hey ho).

In different circumstances I definitely would have gone more direct and high tempo, if they needed to score for example, or even if it was 0-0, I probably would have tried to play patient out from the back, bait the press then try to attack quickly once it gets to my midfield to exploit any gaps.

Might be old skool thinking but I always seem to see a more patient approach irl against ten men as it seems to be the only option if they have all nine outfield players behind the ball.

I might have to try it that way next time I play against 10 men, see how I get on. Thanks man

2 minutes ago, Jonthedon26 said:

I might have to try it that way next time I play against 10 men, see how I get on. Thanks man

Probably dependent on the game situation and how desperate they are to score (if at all).

I guess I could have tried watching on comprehensive highlights, baiting the press and bringing the line of engagement down to see if they were prepared to advance to win the ball at all. I kinda just made the assumption that they wouldn't really show any ambition to take any risks at all.

4 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Someone ran the maths previously and it was 0.14 goals per game more. Which is essentially nothing.

Can't say I've experienced these weird high scoring games often. I've had 2 in nearly two seasons.

The sim test was designed for sim games, not to mimic the user's experience. The high-scoring game post in this thread referred to the user's experience rather than sim games. Although attacking tactics are still overpowered, they also give up goals, which is why players are seeing high-scoring games. In reality, this playstyle, particularly with inferior players, should not only be vulnerable to defensive exploits but also result in the loss of possessions and inaccurate passes. However, this is not happening outside of defensive holes.

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

A bit of theory-crafting...

a) The ball moves much faster, particularly from shots.

b) GKs seem to be fumbling saves a lot more often, and are less inclined to attempt to catch the ball. Even fairly easy high shots get tipped over the bar a lot, or pushed around the post.

c) It is widely reported that some players are seeing unusually high numbers of goals.

d) Many players are reporting unusually high numbers of corners.

Could (b) be the result of (a)? And could (c) and (d) be the result of (b)?

Since this thought occurred I can't stop seeing it. I've now lost count of the number of goals where the shot goes straight at the 'keeper and then ricochets or is fumbled straight into the net.

On 24/10/2023 at 11:38, Dagenham_Dave said:

So, almost 70 hours done since last Thursday, here's my appraisal of where the game is at right now

Pros

Match engine - Simply glorious. No ME is ever perfect as it's an ever evolving beast, but this is the closest it's been in any iteration of the game I've played, and I've played them all. I recently started a quick Stirling save to take me to full launch, and the way I can set the team up now and the way it plays out is scarily close to how we play IRL. The IFB role in particular means I'm no longer sweating as much while my LWB goes haring up the wing, as now the RB tucks in to make a back 3, this is exactly what Stirling are doing IRL at the moment, and it's great to see that play out. Overall, this is just a great engine. As I said, it's not perfect, there's perhaps a few too many long shots, and the velocity of the ball when shooting, particularly when it hits off a defender or keeper sometimes looks a bit off, but that's minor things that should be adjusted fairly easily I would think. The new animations on the graphics engine are also great. It's maybe a minor thing, but players looking up and around to see if there's space before hitting a pass is a nice wee addition. 

Squad Planner - I know this is a divisive feature, but I loved the concept of the Squad Planner last year. Much more interactive and dynamic than the old squad depth screen, it was just a shame it wasn't implemented as good as it could have been. This year has changed all that. The three biggest improvements are 1. Keeping the players in the positions and not adding everyone back on when you progress the game so you have to start again. 2. The position ratings on the view on the left, a great addition to show what positions you're lacking in, and 3. Being able to add any external player to your planner,  not just those on a shortlist. Great work getting a good feature even better. I respect that this is not for everyone though. 

Game Speed - Excellent. I first loaded up my FM23 save to test that new feature and I have loads of leagues loaded, with the save being 10 years in the future. Much quicker than FM23 - And it's now lightning fast with the new save I recently started

Set Pieces - I've never been someone who bothered about set pieces, so to be able to have a set piece coach devise proper routines based on your preferences is great. I do feel that in time, this may be a feature that gets heavily exploited by those who take the team to really get into it, but for me, the coaches doing a good job in getting sensible routines set up is perfect. Great addition. 

Player Targets - I like this addition. Once the interactions (see below) get tweaked, this will become an excellent extra dimension in the game. I especially like setting player targets for increased squad statuses. 

QOL changes - Too many to mention here, but a good few little tweaks just make playing the game that little bit more bearable. 

Cons

Interactions - I don't know if this is glitched on FM23 crossover saves or across the board, but it's been brutal so far. So many more players whining about utterly inconsequential stuff really ruins the immersion at times. I've started a new save to see if it is a crossover issue but right now, it's an area that needs looked at. Especially given this was a headline feature that there would be more context, a better 'severity string' and thousands more responses. Not seen any evidence of any of those things. I've always been good at handling players in past FM's but I cannot get to grips with some of it this year. It might just be coded this way now, but it does feel off. The Squad Depth issue the players have seems particularly wonky right now. 

International Management - Good to see the addition of things like the squad planner for this, but it remains a hugely under utilised part of the game. Much more needs done with it. Sorting out the fitness levels between matches at a tournament looks not to have been addressed, and although there's improvements to the National Pool, I would still like to see this area of the game massively improved for FM25

2D engine - As above, the lack of love shown to 2D is really annoying. Whilst the pitch itself looks fine, the surrounding area is just jet black this year, like you are playing in a void. What makes it more frustrating is you already have the external graphics for this in the game - If you're shown a replay of an offside, it switches to a glorious top down view showing the stadiums etc. Why can't this be an option to choose if it's already in the game? 

Matchday widgets - I know this isn't just an FM24 thing, and they will probably never return, but I still miss the options to include widgets on screen, particularly when playing in 2D - This was highlighted again to me earlier when I was watching my first couple of games on full match to test the tactic - On that mode, you never see the matchday tablet, as there's no breaks in play, so other than clicking on the score and bringing up the match facts, you can't see anything about the opposition, or any other stats when playing full match. I'd like to see the widgets back for that scenario. 

Overall, this an excellent addition to the series so far, and it's better than I thought it would be given the announcement about FM25 - The match engine is glorious and it's more polished all round. Giving it an 8/10 at the moment, only pulled down by somewhat awful interactions at the moment. Fix that, and it's an absolute belter of a game. Top effort. 

Agreed on the 2D engine part, had one of those over the top replays just yesterday and thought the exact same thing regarding the 2D engine, it's all there, why isn't it being used

I skipped the last year's edition, as the one before (FM 22) didn't give me all that much fun as it used to, so I thought to give FM24 a shot, and after three hours, it's the same game as FM22 - Infinite clicks to do infinite chores in convoluted menus that look like Windows 95. Being a football manager is boring, if it is to be judged by this game, although I can also accept that, in my middle-age part of life, I am no longer the target audience. It's just so boring and repetitive to "play" this chore of a game, and it's not simple enough to pick it up for 20 minutes and then do something else, you really have to invest yourself and your time into infinite menus to get to the match, that you skip most of in the end, anyway. I guess this isn't for me any more, which is something I never thought I would say, since my first one was CM3.

Bonus points for manager having face paint, I am sure that was the bit that was separating FM from greatness :D

2 часа назад, XaW сказал:

This seems fixed to me.

VDdYrJo.gif

Not sure what exactly you showed here. It's still broken:

image.png.3b7aebaccc2802410c90dc7d396a778c.png

image.png.852776108dd291f4e90fca1d8547fc50.png

Considering that this bug is already 4 years old, it's just a shame

54 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

The sim test was designed for sim games, not to mimic the user's experience. The high-scoring game post in this thread referred to the user's experience rather than sim games. Although attacking tactics are still overpowered, they also give up goals, which is why players are seeing high-scoring games. In reality, this playstyle, particularly with inferior players, should not only be vulnerable to defensive exploits but also result in the loss of possessions and inaccurate passes. However, this is not happening outside of defensive holes.

And what will happen is they NERF finishing and everyone has to play super aggressive tactics just to score having multiple easy chances missed per game.

Happens literally every beta cycle.

I hope they ignore it personally as the ME is great this year.

1 hour ago, warlock said:

A bit of theory-crafting...

a) The ball moves much faster, particularly from shots.

b) GKs seem to be fumbling saves a lot more often, and are less inclined to attempt to catch the ball. Even fairly easy high shots get tipped over the bar a lot, or pushed around the post.

c) It is widely reported that some players are seeing unusually high numbers of goals.

d) Many players are reporting unusually high numbers of corners.

Could (b) be the result of (a)? And could (c) and (d) be the result of (b)?

Since this thought occurred I can't stop seeing it. I've now lost count of the number of goals where the shot goes straight at the 'keeper and then ricochets or is fumbled straight into the net.

I brought this up in my feedback. Keepers constantly look like they'd catch the ball IRL but instead the ball flies off them at a weird angle for a corner.

I suspect it's an animation problem though.

Thanks for improving the squad planner but it is beyond me why we have to click on so many buttons and lists when the whole screen could work with a simple drag&drop?

Here is what I mean:
At the top I have a list of players that I plan with. I would like a divider (red line) and put players I want to sell or loan in the lower list (out). And then, why don't the boxes at the bottom where the red * is simply show all the players that are not in the top list sorted by ability just like it used to be prior to FM22? Now I have to click a button to get that list.
Or alternatively do it like that to add players (honestly, does anybody use that???):
1. Click on New
2. Move mouse to squad
3. Move mouse to position
4. Move mouse on player
5. Click on player

image.thumb.png.d75f3bc620965fa7565b26f7006a6f3b.png

Other areas:
- I really like the ME
- Some player targets are way too risky in my opinion, I fulfil my promise regardless of the outcome so that the players doesn't get angry at me. Average rating of 7 is too low for me as a manager and 7.5 is too high for most players in most leagues. We should be able to increment by .25
- Although it goes against my way of playing the game, I really like that you can't just hoard players and then offload them for good prices if you don't need them. Makes me feel like dealing with real persons.
- It is also now relatively realistic that you may know the best players aged 16 but they don't want to move abroad or want first team playing time and wages if they make a switch this early. That gives you a feeling of achievement on the few occasions it does work and you get them cheap and tied down to 8 year contracts :D
- As Ajax I had these Champions League fixtures in year 2. Is this normal? Liverpool, Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, Paris, Napoli, Bilbao, Rangers

Edited by bezarkane

42 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

And what will happen is they NERF finishing and everyone has to play super aggressive tactics just to score having multiple easy chances missed per game.

Happens literally every beta cycle.

I hope they ignore it personally as the ME is great this year.

They should prioritize the accuracy of the match engine over appearance and fix it properly. Finishing doesn't have anything to do with what I pointed out.

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

I mentioned this either last year or the year before, but it's a gripe I still have with the Data Hub that hasn't been changed:

image.png.80eea996411df11ead6a262f6ee22c22.pngimage.png.9a8867e6f65c658d4e73d8025f9b582d.pngimage.png.7836e84862b574845b2ef97714d9ee87.png

"might be worth checking", "are worth a look" or the several other phrases that are used, aren't useful at all. Why are they worth checking? What makes them interesting? 

Either remove the sentence entirely (for example, for some reason some stats like Defensive Efficiency, below, already don't have that sentence) or change them all to be actually informative - the summary for Defensive Actions for example does provide some useful information:

image.png.b6f721f3458c885e59aef9de819b5b25.pngimage.png.353aa32b9c256e0a89f37cc18b80e7bf.png

For example, for the Goal Output statistic, the summary could say "We score at a much higher rate than the league average" or "We concede slightly less than the league average", or Crossing could be "We attempt crosses about as often as the league average" or "Our cross completion rate is concerning as it is the worst in the league"

9 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

They should prioritize the accuracy of the match engine over appearance and fix it properly. Finishing doesn't have anything to do with what I pointed out.

Yeah.. touching Finishing is a shortcut. No shortcuts please.

1 hour ago, Zoolok42 said:

I skipped the last year's edition, as the one before (FM 22) didn't give me all that much fun as it used to, so I thought to give FM24 a shot, and after three hours, it's the same game as FM22 - Infinite clicks to do infinite chores in convoluted menus that look like Windows 95. Being a football manager is boring, if it is to be judged by this game, although I can also accept that, in my middle-age part of life, I am no longer the target audience. It's just so boring and repetitive to "play" this chore of a game, and it's not simple enough to pick it up for 20 minutes and then do something else, you really have to invest yourself and your time into infinite menus to get to the match, that you skip most of in the end, anyway. I guess this isn't for me any more, which is something I never thought I would say, since my first one was CM3.

Bonus points for manager having face paint, I am sure that was the bit that was separating FM from greatness :D

I was thinking of hiring a personal secretary to deal with the mountains of emails in my inbox 

14 minutes ago, itszamora said:

The other thing that irritates me with the Data Hub is the incredibly simplistic analysis and plain faulty conclusions drawn. As an example, I’m often told my team are “shaky in defence,” despite having below-average figures for both actual and expected goals conceded. This appears to be because we are in the dreaded ‘red segment’ for low number of clearances and blocks. That’s not an indicator of a poor defence - it’s an indicator of one that doesn’t have much to do because the team generally dominates games.

Yes, possession-normalised stats would be very welcome!

6 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Also, the AI using a flat 4-4-2 formation is consistently struggling on defense; the default should be a 4-4-2 with 2 defensive midfielders.

Yeah... im linking most of the high scoring games to the AI flat 442.

They should change it to 442 with 2 DM like its really used IRL.