FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

28 minutes ago, Iakovenko said:

2 seasons in and looks like SI have done Brighton dirty, 17th and then 19th

Probably because all their players have been bought up and Brighton cannot do what they do in real-life and find a bargain!! Hopefully gets fixed once the day 1 patch is released

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Lempicka said:

Looking for a Director of Football and Marco Van Baston not only available, but is happy to join Bradford City in League 2 for £900 a week.

Anyone else think this is a tad unrealistic? 

Did he join Bradford as a Director of Football? Are any of his favourite person(s) at the club?

Just now, greenz81 said:

Did he join Bradford as a Director of Football? Are any of his favourite person(s) at the club?

He's accepted the contract offer, just waiting on him to accept - or if it's scuppered by any WP issues. Can't see any of his favorites at the club. I'm also signing a Dutch coach - but that was agreed after Van Basten accepted.

7 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

Do you have any skins or 'add-ons' with FM23? Have you tried a fresh install of FM23 and then transfer the save file? Seems a bit extra, but maybe the original FM23 is creating partly corrupted save games due to add-ons

add ons as in custom databases yes I do... i guess i could try and take away files and see what happens.

1 minute ago, Lempicka said:

He's accepted the contract offer, just waiting on him to accept - or if it's scuppered by any WP issues. Can't see any of his favorites at the club. I'm also signing a Dutch coach - but that was agreed after Van Basten accepted.

Ive noticed he hasnt worked in the game since 2016. Probably his rep is really low. To think Mark Hughes was manager of Bradford up until recently, was managing Southampton in 2018. Think thats alright to be honest

2 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

add ons as in custom databases yes I do... i guess i could try and take away files and see what happens.

Yes, i suspect so. Probably the custom database is not compataible with the new database. I put my money on that being the problem

Seeing a lot of notes on Reddit about game speed seemingly improved.

If that wish casting or is that possibly real? Game speed between matches improving even 10% would be the best possible thing I could ask for in a new game. With the real meat of the game being years into a save, this would be a huge boost.

1 minute ago, DMVian said:

Seeing a lot of notes on Reddit about game speed seemingly improved.

If that wish casting or is that possibly real? Game speed between matches improving even 10% would be the best possible thing I could ask for in a new game. With the real meat of the game being years into a save, this would be a huge boost.

I ran FM23 and FM24 together on holiday mode , using the same leagues etc . FM24 finished the year 2.5 months ahead . Considering I was also processing FM23 at the same time it showed a good improvement. I would confidently say its approx at the level FM17 was at . 

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

In what way? Be specific. 

"deep dive" yet fails to communicate what level of detail and focuses on 10-ish teams which have similar number of youngsters in 2023 and in 2033

also says 160-170 ca is not world starter material.

3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

In what way? Be specific. 

I don't think I can copy the link on here but it's the top post on the football manager sub Reddit. There is a data graph there too.

Here is a copy and paste though:

Ok so I ran the simulation (1 season vs 10 seasons) is here are my findings. I focused on comparing average ages of arbitrary clubs and national teams and U25 players. Why U25? Because in 2033 this is the age of the first wave of newgens. 

Here are the caveats:

U25 in 2024 and 2033 are very different thing. There will be many more players in the range between 18 and 24 in U25 in 2024, while in 2025 U25 will be comprised at least by 75% by 25 years old players.

AI does very bad job at developing players. Obviously it's speculative without the in-game editor but at a glance, even the starts of the future like the top Madrid striker would have stats that I would give 160-170 CA at most. Not terrible at all, but definitely not world start level. You can also see that in the media descriptions. Qualifiers like "elite" or "world class" are very rare and they usually tell the story about CA.

I expect the numbers to be somewhat better once this stupid issue of the AI completely ignoring the fitness of the players and therefore not making subs or rotations based on that. Even if it would yield 10-15% improvement between the game's results and the real world's, it would essentially fix the issue.

National teams seem to hand call ups out to pretty clearly underserving players. Like a third of Brazil in 2033 consists of players who barely play in their teams, which makes no sense and inflates the stats in favour of the game when it comes to the national teams.

So what can be done to improve this still leaving a lot to be desired situation:

As mentioned before, fix the damn rotations and subs. This was literally presented as a feature of the new game and it's worse than ever before. What are you doing SI?..

Make AI managers play high PA players from time to time just for the sake of their development, literally starting from them being fresh out of the youth intake.

Make players force their way out of the club if they are blatantly underutilised. Everyone's favourite example is Mukouko for a good reason - he never gets any play time in Dortmund except when he needs to come out as a substitution for an injured player. Even in a well functioning game engine (that it's not right now), this sort of situation would happen occasionally as they are a part of football. Great - just make it so that the players like that would leave, simple as. Transfer request etc. If you truly implemented the new "smarter" managers who buy people that they actually need, this would play very nicely into that improvement as well.

Finally, if everything else fails, just make players' attributes to grow faster from training and playing in lower divisions on loans. Like literally take the current rate and multiply it by 1.5 (at least). Everyone would like that, no one playing FM likes the current rate of player development and this is surely one of the issues at play here.

6 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

"deep dive" yet fails to communicate what level of detail and focuses on 10-ish teams which have similar number of youngsters in 2023 and in 2033

also says 160-170 ca is not world starter material.

Just to pick up on the bold as you rightly point to it, whoever posted it as a fundamental misunderstanding of CA and points attributions. Its not a deep dive by any means tbh. And the post itself isnt particularly useful to SI as a complete representation 

EDIT: @Jack Joyce you beat me to it

2 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Just to pick up on the bold as you rightly point to it, whoever posted it as a fundamental misunderstanding of CA and points attributions. Its not a deep dive by any means tbh. And the post itself isnt particular useful to SI. 

As soon as I saw that most of the post went out of the window.

140-ish should be a starter or top 13-14 player for top top team (think Milner, Nacho Fernandez)

Just now, Jack Joyce said:

I assume we're talking about this 

In which case I agree, there's not enough information here to really draw a conclusion that AI teams are catastrophically bad at giving young players a chance.

Even in their data here:

• Average age in 2023: 27.0 - in 2033: 27.3
  • Median age: 2023: 27.1 - in 2033: 27.4.
  • Median U25 players in squad: 9 to 9
  • Median U25 players in first team: 5 to 4

Doesn't seem wildly off? Unless I'm missing something.

However they do make one or two interesting points, and I'm not saying that we can't improve things further by any means. However we do have extensive data on how many games young players are getting and it is better than 23, even if not perfect.

As always please do make bug reports with ideas and thoughts!

Yeah, that's the same post. Results seem 'good' considering low amount of data in the post. Accurate is a better wording. Development will probably always need improvement.

I am more interested in how do the fullbacks develop. Also, some teams might have new chairperson that hates youth and that skews the results in a small N.

18 minutes ago, trevjim said:

I don't think I can copy the link on here but it's the top post on the football manager sub Reddit. There is a data graph there too.

Here is a copy and paste though:

Ok so I ran the simulation (1 season vs 10 seasons) is here are my findings. I focused on comparing average ages of arbitrary clubs and national teams and U25 players. Why U25? Because in 2033 this is the age of the first wave of newgens. 

Here are the caveats:

U25 in 2024 and 2033 are very different thing. There will be many more players in the range between 18 and 24 in U25 in 2024, while in 2025 U25 will be comprised at least by 75% by 25 years old players.

AI does very bad job at developing players. Obviously it's speculative without the in-game editor but at a glance, even the starts of the future like the top Madrid striker would have stats that I would give 160-170 CA at most. Not terrible at all, but definitely not world start level. You can also see that in the media descriptions. Qualifiers like "elite" or "world class" are very rare and they usually tell the story about CA.

I expect the numbers to be somewhat better once this stupid issue of the AI completely ignoring the fitness of the players and therefore not making subs or rotations based on that. Even if it would yield 10-15% improvement between the game's results and the real world's, it would essentially fix the issue.

National teams seem to hand call ups out to pretty clearly underserving players. Like a third of Brazil in 2033 consists of players who barely play in their teams, which makes no sense and inflates the stats in favour of the game when it comes to the national teams.

So what can be done to improve this still leaving a lot to be desired situation:

As mentioned before, fix the damn rotations and subs. This was literally presented as a feature of the new game and it's worse than ever before. What are you doing SI?..

Make AI managers play high PA players from time to time just for the sake of their development, literally starting from them being fresh out of the youth intake.

Make players force their way out of the club if they are blatantly underutilised. Everyone's favourite example is Mukouko for a good reason - he never gets any play time in Dortmund except when he needs to come out as a substitution for an injured player. Even in a well functioning game engine (that it's not right now), this sort of situation would happen occasionally as they are a part of football. Great - just make it so that the players like that would leave, simple as. Transfer request etc. If you truly implemented the new "smarter" managers who buy people that they actually need, this would play very nicely into that improvement as well.

Finally, if everything else fails, just make players' attributes to grow faster from training and playing in lower divisions on loans. Like literally take the current rate and multiply it by 1.5 (at least). Everyone would like that, no one playing FM likes the current rate of player development and this is surely one of the issues at play here.

Less a deep dive much more a long winded rant with nothing but hearsay to back it up.

Given the lack of similar complaints about this, I have to assume this is just my save and not a serious issue in-game, but I am getting absolutely murdered with players moaning since I booted this beta save up. 

I've had all the squad depth moans, players who have been here years moaning they can't settle, players going nuts at team talks, but this is a new one. 

image.png.f907b893cf8174f370b5dd951383a950.png

Now, for context, the player I have just sold is a 36-year old Qatari player who wanted to leave, and has a 1.5 star current ability rating from the coaches. He's not even been in the first team since I took over Marseille. 

Is this just me the game's picking on this year? In all the years I've played FM, I've NEVER had this many issues with player interactions. I'm convinced its partly down to this being an imported FM23 save, as I was expecting glitches, so will be interesting to see what happens in a new save on 6th November. 

59 minutes ago, endtime said:

The same post is on the forums: 

Saw that earlier. After reading it carefully, my takeaway was that 10 years in the in-game future, AI managers are deploying squads that have virtually identical age profiles to their human counterparts in real-life right now.

:larry:

23 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Given the lack of similar complaints about this, I have to assume this is just my save and not a serious issue in-game, but I am getting absolutely murdered with players moaning since I booted this beta save up. 

I've had all the squad depth moans, players who have been here years moaning they can't settle, players going nuts at team talks, but this is a new one. 

Now, for context, the player I have just sold is a 36-year old Qatari player who wanted to leave, and has a 1.5 star current ability rating from the coaches. He's not even been in the first team since I took over Marseille. 

Is this just me the game's picking on this year? In all the years I've played FM, I've NEVER had this many issues with player interactions. I'm convinced its partly down to this being an imported FM23 save, as I was expecting glitches, so will be interesting to see what happens in a new save on 6th November. 

Nope players this year seem to be pistols at dawn over the slightest grievance for me too. Gave up on my first save (not imported from FM23) because I just had endless problems with players moaning about everything.

While I'm here, let me say that I'm very impressed with FM24. But then I thought FM23 was almost perfect. 

I've had no squad issues, no personal interaction issues and transfers have been pretty realistic with Man Utd - Maguire went to Spurs on a loan/permanent deal but can't shift Martial. Not seeing unusually high scoring in the league; and in around 80 league games to date, only 7 teams have been awarded penalties (Chelsea and us have had two apiece).

I'm loving the match engine and the 3d graphics engine.

In fact, the only problem I have seen is the in-match lighting issue that @Dagenham_Dave and a few others have mentioned. It's as if the in-match lighting hasn't been switched on for beta.

I still think the AI managers should be more flexible with how they pick their squad and formation.
Can anyone from SI explain to me why the AI managers profile have 2 formations and they only use one of them even if the lose game by game ?

For example this team... Managed by this guy who has 4-4-2 his first and 4-2-3-1 his second. Will he ever try to use 4-2-3-1 if his 4-4-2 fails every time? NO , he plays every single game a 4-4-2 although his squad def has players for a 4-2-3-1.

Would love to know the logic behind AI squad selection , because SI says it was improved on this game.

LOOK at his squad... He has so many AMR/AML/AMC and he uses a 4-4-2 although it's clearly stated he has 4-2-3-1 as another pref formation...

Right now i dont know if i should raise a bug report or if its intended behavior

image.thumb.png.061e1d5df39ec566d01b2b56050698df.pngimage.thumb.png.39c5b1437cbb931eb1ea8a861f5088f5.pngimage.thumb.png.ba53c77e077a12f767fea1652bbc7551.png

It feels too easy to hold onto my best players.  I got promoted with Norwich, then finished 5th in my first season in the PL (Maybe something to reflect on how easy it is to succeed with a Gegenpress tactic there as well...) and I have players putting in these kinds of performances and I'm not getting bids from top clubs at all - only the odd Saudi...

In real life, I'd have no hope of holding onto all of these guys

Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 13.23.13.png

Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 13.23.38.png

Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 13.23.56.png

22 hours ago, KeegBCFC said:

Have to say I am in agreement with the too many goals concerns. In my Luton save, 16 games in and in the Premier League there has been a 7-1 result four times, an 8-1 result, plenty of 6's and 5's too. Not sure on the real life stats but the results seem very excessive, maybe could be an issue with player morale leading to many conceded after going behind? Haaland has 27 in 16, the absolute freak of nature. I am yet to play City, but if there was a way of playing 10-0-0 I would be.

Definitely going to report this as a bug as I have had yet another 7-1 result

image.thumb.png.ff446c070343a47905c2de736c4df40c.png

13 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Nope players this year seem to be pistols at dawn over the slightest grievance for me too. Gave up on my first save (not imported from FM23) because I just had endless problems with players moaning about everything.

Squad depth whinging has been a big one for me - I've got too many players and they're telling me I need to buy more 2x a season

45 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

What rep is your manager?

2 minutes ago, BJG123 said:

Squad depth whinging has been a big one for me - I've got too many players and they're telling me I need to buy more 2x a season

Are you the same nationality as the club you’re managing? What is your reputation? Your background? Your attributes? My guess is all or some of these will have an impact on players “moaning”. Give it a few seasons, start to create your own team, not one you’ve inherited, get the players to “appreciate your position as manager” etc and my guess is this will settle down.

9 minutes ago, BJG123 said:

It feels too easy to hold onto my best players.  I got promoted with Norwich, then finished 5th in my first season in the PL (Maybe something to reflect on how easy it is to succeed with a Gegenpress tactic there as well...) and I have players putting in these kinds of performances and I'm not getting bids from top clubs at all - only the odd Saudi...

In real life, I'd have no hope of holding onto all of these guys

Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 13.23.13.png

Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 13.23.38.png

Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 13.23.56.png

You just finished in European places, there's not a lot of reason why they'd want to leave.

That being said finances are just way easier in game than they are in real life. You could easily offer £100k+ wages during the first season in the Premier League, real club just wouldn't do that.

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

4 star with a continental pro licence. As I said, it's an FM23 save in 2033 now, so I've built up a good rep. 

Am going to do an Arsenal save with a low rep when I get some free time, so if there’s an issue, it should definitely show up then …. will report back

Hi all, I couldn't find info on which version contains Japanese language option.

On a game site, it showed both global and EU/Europe version of game not explicitly supporting Japanese language option.

Could someone (hopefully staff member) member confirm which versions has Japanese language support please?

Thanks!

In my second season with Elgin City. Promotion in first and cruising the second season in League 1 with a fairly standard 4-5-1 variation which I just tweaked from the plug in tactics.

Not to brag but I feel like the game might be broken after this result in the semi final of the League Cup... finished the game with 9 men against Celtic (who aren't a total shambles or anything in game and have been competent enough in Europe)

image.thumb.png.5ffa87935846c9b9ab699ba5745e522b.png

5 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

What is a 'good amount of time'? 12 matches like someone else said? The AI won't drop real life players for inferior newgens at the start of the game. You won't see any real difference until you are around 8-10 seasons into the game, where the current crop of top players hit their 30s. That's where the improvements to squad building have supposedly been improved, not how AI teams pick their first XI in the first season. 

You're so aggressive dude, always responding to everyone's posts with and contrarian and antagonising comments. Don't reply to me again because I won't be responding to you again. 

Edited by Coalescence2121

3 hours ago, Lempicka said:

Looking for a Director of Football and Marco Van Baston not only available, but is happy to join Bradford City in League 2 for £900 a week.

Anyone else think this is a tad unrealistic? 

Not really everyone has bills to pay even Marco Van Basten. Is he even working at the moment?

16 minutes ago, 2feet said:

What do people think of the new squad planner?

How are the improvements?

Never used in FM23, because I don't needed; but in FM24 notice some changes. For example:

4.png.052bc9735ebe6331b90686091ab5fdf6.png

I don't know if it was there in FM23 that information as well:

5.thumb.png.edf47ee5c85429dfa5fc5ad793a6d194.png

1 hour ago, Tyburn said:

Are you the same nationality as the club you’re managing? What is your reputation? Your background? Your attributes? My guess is all or some of these will have an impact on players “moaning”. Give it a few seasons, start to create your own team, not one you’ve inherited, get the players to “appreciate your position as manager” etc and my guess is this will settle down.

Same nationality, starting with the highest level of experience selectable.  I actually don't mind that there's increased pushback from the squad, but the 'squad depth' one seems to happen every single transfer window regardless of depth, I have too many players and I'm getting it.

With one of my posts earlier I was concerned about the detail of the set piece options available, and user friendliness. That still stands fully.

However having spent a good amount of time now with the actual Match Engine, then as with criticism does come deserved praise, and all I can say is BRAVO to SI in this regard.

The promising direction the game started to head towards last year, really has seen a significant enhancement / step forward on this year's game. I think the level of difficulty is now pretty good but even more so is how you're able to now produce some really nice football on the pitch where a wider variety of roles can be nicely utilised.

There are of course some things that do need some work upon, but hopefully with any luck everything can be ironed out nicely be the final patch released for this game.

My one gripe off the top of my head is always conceding penalties from set piece balls lumped into the box - only problem is that I never receive any when I lump balls into the box, it's always the AI!

1 hour ago, andu1 said:

Can anyone from SI explain to me why the AI managers profile have 2 formations and they only use one of them even if the lose game by game

I've seen people talk about this a lot but managers irl don't usually change how they okay unless they are forced to for one reason or the other. Klopp has been playing the same formation since he got to Liverpool. The style of play has changed a bit but the core principle is the same so I don't get why people are expecting the AI to use different systems every time. Not even the human managers do that 

59 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

You just finished in European places, there's not a lot of reason why they'd want to leave.

That being said finances are just way easier in game than they are in real life. You could easily offer £100k+ wages during the first season in the Premier League, real club just wouldn't do that.

There's a lot of reasons for top clubs to be interested, though. I'd expect to be batting off offers from Europe's top clubs for all 3 of these and hopefully keep 2 of them.  I also got no interest when we were promoted. IRL, if Rowe had seasons like this Norwich would be getting massive bids from all of England's top clubs.

7 minutes ago, Ronnieekelund said:

Not really everyone has bills to pay even Marco Van Basten. Is he even working at the moment?

He has a net worth of over 15 million Euros. Is he really going to going to settle for £900 a month before tax in League 2?  

4 minutes ago, DarJ said:

I've seen people talk about this a lot but managers irl don't usually change how they okay unless they are forced to for one reason or the other. Klopp has been playing the same formation since he got to Liverpool. The style of play has changed a bit but the core principle is the same so I don't get why people are expecting the AI to use different systems every time. Not even the human managers do that 

Yes , the winning teams don't change, but as i was saying... i am referring to teams that are in bad form like in the example above.

Take Sheff Utd IRL... they lined up with a 5-3-2 at the beginning of the season, now they used a 4-4-2 against United.

No reason why AI couldn't be more flexible if they are in a bad run of form since they do have more than 1 formation at their disposal

32 minutes ago, DarJ said:

I disagree, managers often change formation and player roles a lot during real Prem matches. And then season to season formations and play roles are always changing.

You explained it correctly, the core principle should often stay the same, but the specific formations should change.

29 minutes ago, Lempicka said:

He has a net worth of over 15 million Euros. Is he really going to going to settle for £900 a month before tax in League 2?  

It's rarely pointed out that Van Basten owns a pancake shop in the West Yorkshire region.