QF4: England vs France, 7PM GMT, Al Bayt Stadium

Darius1998

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

Then they're not using the rulebook right.

For as long as I can remember, it was always given outside, for any situation when player starts going down outside and falls into the box.

You’ve either remembered wrong or it’s always been applied wrong then, as it’s been the rule ever since I did my referees course 20 years ago 

Just now, Gary_Parker said:

Lee Dixon is so ridiculously biased and talking nothing but nonsense, it's painful to listen to. Media like that are why other home nations want England to lose. It's not the players, it's those straw clutching, blinkered, nonsense talking mouth breathers :lol:

To be fair, you've had some dislikeable teams to go with it in the past too. This lot are very different to that. But on the comms side, us Welsh and the Scots have been telling you this for years. 😉

1 minute ago, Mr Adam said:

You’ve either remembered wrong or it’s always been applied wrong then, as it’s been the rule ever since I did my referees course 20 years ago 

I've honestly never seen it applied in that way, so apparently refs have been getting this wrong all the time.

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Then they're not using the rulebook right.

For as long as I can remember, it was always given outside, for any situation when player starts going down outside and falls into the box.

No idea about the chance you're talking about, but the rule isn't where he goes down, it's about where the foul ends. If the foul is outside the box and the guy stumbles into the box then it's given outside, if the foul happens outside the box and continues into the box then it's a penalty. The classical example is shirt pulling, if it starts outside the box but continues into it then it's a penalty. 

Just now, ginnybob said:

Aah yeah, because I'm sure Scottish people would be well behind us if it wasn't for Lee Dixon...

And the rest of them. Nothing against England as a side, they're alright for a team with Maguire and Shaw in it. If the media stopped their uneducated, unsubstantiated claims that they're the best in the world and "X years of hurt" or "heroic failure" then I'd be quite happy to root for them until they come up against Scotland. 

2 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

But that's the thing.

South American refs give way less fouls because they're used to massive amounts of sh*thousing in their leagues, so easy falls won't work, even if it's a foul.

But if it's a foul, a fall shouldn't need to 'work'.

Just now, Baptista_8 said:

But if it's a foul, a fall shouldn't need to 'work'.

Well, football is a game where refs across the world have different criteria and due to players falling for the slightest contact, it's really hard for them to judge what's a foul and what isn't.

Players themselves ruined the game.