*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Robioto said:

I've started a holiday game to test the AI around youth players and older players imbalance. I'll report back when it reaches 10 in game years.

I've done some top level analysis here for those interested, bed for now, I'm knackered!

"Further data updates will follow in the coming weeks, covering transfers and player rating changes from later closing windows, including MLS."

With this statement from the patch notes, we can expect another DB patch update in the next few weeks right? Just want to make sure before starting my long term save for FM23

6 minutes ago, omarsorto6 said:

I think this is a new issue came about because they introduced the new AFC format for 2026 into the game

Sounds like it . Good point because it says its the Asian Qualifiers ? Thing is how does one rectify it

Tried it, still bad. Away games still too bad to play. Instructions to press high don't mean anything depending on the oposition team, and even when the team is pressing low contrary to what I asked them too, still getting done on the through balls over the defense.

Unninstalled and probably won't be back until there's major changes. What a disapointment of a game...

How is the match engine, guys? 

Possibly in the minority here, but I thought the Beta was the best ever and the last update was abysmal. So I haven't played much since then. Central attacking play and passing were replaced with aimless lofted passes. The perennial problem of lack of cutting in returned. Inverted players - wingers, forwards, especially full backs - completely nerfed. 

Really hope they've fixed it. 

3 hours ago, KamyKaze said:

Tried it, still bad. Away games still too bad to play. Instructions to press high don't mean anything depending on the oposition team, and even when the team is pressing low contrary to what I asked them too, still getting done on the through balls over the defense.

Unninstalled and probably won't be back until there's major changes. What a disapointment of a game...

I do see an improvement in those areas, still with FM23 you need to be real careful with mentality, pressing. It seems a version where outnumbering opponents in numbers on certain areas of the pitch matters a lot and the mentality in defending. ME is an improvement for sure but also very needed coming from a situation where even world class defenders would back and let Sunday league strikers score for free. This seemed to be dictated more by mentality than player skills and this seems toned down now.

But yes counters still happen and so should they. I’m playing some beautiful counters based on a mid block and early crossing when ahead in the game.

Edited by molsen

24 minutes ago, ATV said:

team selection, pre-match... not sure where Buendia has gone? and who Watkins has a good partnership with?

image.thumb.png.7a4a0ad169a822fb75b3d110834dbac3.png

Maybe clear the cache?

13 hours ago, Cheez3y said:

The CONCACAF Gold Cup qualification is still ****ed.

Really sad update if fixing couple dates takes that much effort.

CONCACAF usually requires quite a bit of fixing in the editor to get it playable, at least we can get started now that they've done such a helpful update :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, flauta kicma said:

so you were getting offers to players?

Yes. More than in recent years. I think the market is overall easier.

- Clubs aren't asking an absurd amount of money (!)

- Easier to buy players

- Easier to sell players

The only issue is that sometimes there isn't a offer for a backup player with a high salary, but that seems realistic.

Also I would like to add on that this should be the standard, it's good as it is now. Previous years in FM you woud play 50 mil for a 18-year old youngster from a club outside the top 5-leagues. There are exceptions, like Antony, but previous years was a mess imo.

Edited by Sanel

1 hour ago, ATV said:

team selection, pre-match... not sure where Buendia has gone? and who Watkins has a good partnership with?

image.thumb.png.7a4a0ad169a822fb75b3d110834dbac3.png

Skin issue, surely. Whenever I have an issue like this I always clear cache and revert to an official skin to check if the issue is still present.

As i mentioned in the player development topic, some improvements but not enough at all

Why the hell SI don't want Musialas, Bellinghams, Gavis, Rodrygos or Vinicius to break into the best teams with 18-20 years??? Why the hell in the World Cup 2030 there is no players aged less than 21-22? What the hell do you test before launching an update?

I am completely disappointed with this years game, don't have words to describe how much it annoys me the youth development issue. 

WHAT EXCUSE DO YOU HAVE TO NOT FIX THIS IN 18 MONTHS, FOR GOD'S SAKE?

1 minute ago, albertocerdeira.4 said:

As i mentioned in the player development topic, some improvements but not enough at all

Why the hell SI don't want Musialas, Bellinghams, Gavis, Rodrygos or Vinicius to break into the best teams with 18-20 years??? Why the hell in the World Cup 2030 there is no players aged less than 21-22? What the hell do you test before launching an update?

I am completely disappointed with this years game, don't have words to describe how much it annoys me the youth development issue. 

Is this for a new fresh save, or through a continued save that's been updated by the Winter Patch?

12 minutes ago, JackInDerBox said:

Has this FM properly implemented inverted fullbacks on defend so they act like CBs or is it still not in game?

Inverted fullbacks by design are meant to defend as fullbacks. In possession depending on your setup, they will play as DMs in possession or as fullbacks. I don't understand what you mean by "properly implemented", its been implemented as originally designed. If you want IWBs to defend as a central defender then you need to raise that as a feature request.

26 minutes ago, albertocerdeira.4 said:

There is no need to shout on the forums, SI is a game design company and if certain features aren't meeting your expectations shouting won't make them respond any faster.

I have seen some players break through senior teams and do agree that more needs to be done in that respect. And while I too am frustrated at certain features not being up too many personal preferences I do submit bug reports and feature requests. Thats not to say that I don't disagree with you, I just feel there is a much better way of going about it.

38 minutes ago, albertocerdeira.4 said:

I just had a Saka at 21 in the WC, scrolling through your posts I also found an answer why this occurs in 2030:

I have the big 5 leagues as playable and 15 more as non playable loaded, but because my laptop wouldn't run more

AI teams prefer CA above PA for their squad choices, but by 2030, if you only load the top 5 leagues there's not much too choose from.

Edited by Sanel

How do we feel after the update? I just went on a 7 match winless streak (admittedly that’s what to be expected of my team as we’re relegation candidates). Though not sure if I’ll have to adapt my tactic to the new match engine. 

I do have to say overall I do like it. The players logic seems far improved from what I’ve seen. My defenders have been passing back and actually playing it short with my GK which is genuinely something I can’t say I’ve ever seen. GK usually hoof it long. 

Edited by angelo994

hace 15 minutos, Sanel dijo:

I just had a Saka at 21 in the WC, scrolling through your posts I also found an answer why this occurs in 2030:

AI teams prefer CA above PA for their squad choices, but by 2030, if you only load the top 5 leagues there's not much too choose from.

It was my previous data choice, now I have more than 15 playable leagues.  

In your saves there are a "Musiala" in the world cup in 2030?

28 minutes ago, albertocerdeira.4 said:

It was my previous data choice, now I have more than 15 playable leagues.  

In your saves there are a "Musiala" in the world cup in 2030?

Screenshot? Also upload it in the bug tracker as previously been said.

Checking your post history this seems a db choice issue, nothing else. And yes, I do. I got 17 playable leagues loaded and 100k+ players.

Edited by Sanel

8 minutes ago, Mitza said:

Some of the players CA/PA are still questionable, to say the least. English players and other PL players are still overrated as hell compared to other leagues. Just look at Chelsea's squad for example (Fofana, Mount, Havertz).

Gavi, Balde and Nico Williams with lower PA than Caicedo, Alfie Devine, Harvey Elliott, Bella-Kotchap.

U19 players of 150+ PA: 11 in France, 42 in England. 

Spoiler

Gavi has -95 and Caicedo -9, so might be just unlucky with the save as Gavi tends to be higher in most cases. I don't know if this is changed in the 23.3 update.

I do agree the players in the Premier League are a bit overtuned, but that's not new though.

Edited by Sanel

Nice Job SI! ME looks like a step forward :applause:action on the pitch feels more "human" like.... risk taking got improved a lot... the tempo / movement looks faster.... the chaos is back, in my view.... watching the game is fun again!

playing Gegenpress at Home vs. Keeping the Ball in Away games looks different, you can tell and see the difference in your aproach :thup:

Edited by balldoktor81

11 dakika önce, gggfunk said:

Nkunku's deal to Chelsea is not officially signed yet? As after update he is still contracted to Leipzig without a future transfer signed.

Fabrizio Romano tweeted that the transfer is finalized for the end of the season, but I think it was not added to the game because there was no official statement (unlike Endrick to Real Madrid) from both clubs.

Edited by akinozcan

10 hours ago, Marko1989 said:

Wait, they were gone or I am missing something? :)

I am still playing FM 21 and this is what I recently scored https://imgur.com/a/NR1Jxn1

antiste.thumb.gif.f5d51235da0b40a325c098c22fdb2fda.gif

I struggled to see any in FM23 up until now. And the patch notes do say:

Increased the number of overhead kicks being attempted

So there clearly were too few. So I was happy see one in one the first matches. :D 

4 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Anyone else getting the "disk write error"

Are you on a Mac? If so:

- Go to System Settings
- Select Privacy & Security
- Select Full Disk Access, click the + and authenticate
- Go to Applications, Steam, then click "Open".
- Ensure the button is over to the right next to Steam in the apps list to indicate it allows full disk access

If that doesn't work please create a support ticket - https://fmofficial.support/Ticket

16 hours ago, chucklehead said:

35 minutes into my 1st game after the patch and my Dulwich are 3 nil up against Wycombe and absolutely tearing them apart! My striker, Jay Stansfield, who is a young player at Fulham IRL, has suddenly been infused by the spirit of prime Henry and has bagged a hat trick! 

Good work SI, I expect this level of performance in every match! 

I am also managing Dulwich :D GL!

Do the ME changes apply to save games? Is it just the new data that changes with the new DB? I feel like I should know this, but normally I just start a new save, really want to avoid that this year.

1 minute ago, AllyJoseph said:

Do the ME changes apply to save games? Is it just the new data that changes with the new DB? I feel like I should know this, but normally I just start a new save, really want to avoid that this year.

Match Engine changes apply to save games, yes. It's usually only data changes and some competition changes that require a new saved game.

11 hours ago, Marko1989 said:

Wait, they were gone or I am missing something? :)

I am still playing FM 21 and this is what I recently scored https://imgur.com/a/NR1Jxn1

I dug out a video on my phone of an overhead kick from FM2017... the last time (there or thereabouts) that I remember having scored one - they're a thing of beauty!! Can't wait to see one myself...

Based on patch notes they have attempted to fix some of the symptoms of squads getting older - international selection and teams loaning out players, but they haven't fixed he underlying issue of young players' reputation, which is the primary cause of the mayhem. 

Would've been nice to get some communication from SI regarding why they did what they did (perhaps reputation fix would take too long?).

Does anyone know if they attempted to fix reputation issue?

Few observations I've noticed so far.

A lot more injuries, also now if someone takes a knock their highly likely to get the injury and required to be subbed aswell.

Keeper errors I've noticed (I play in 2d so harder to judge) but seems keeper moving out the way of shots and misjudging crosses aswell. 

I'm struggling to score despite having a lot of chances, but that could be a tactic thing since I have an incline to go 4-3-3 but different variations, so I'd like to work on that before more judgement, but Rashford was brutal. 

I've got that age old dilemma. It's taken me ages to get into FM23 and now the new patch comes along. I'm only three seasons in - so it's not the end of the world if I restart.

"To continue, or start again, that is the question:
Whether it's nobler in the mind to suffer
Binning off a save in favour of another..."