*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Nator said:

I don't really think that's a good enough response, personally. I think there's enough about this version that is so bad, I'm surprised SI had the chutzpah to release it.

People are entitled to expect they have bought a product that is good enough to play, and if there are things wrong with it, that they sort it out faster than saying "we'll sort that out in two months."

I can't find a single report from you about the issue you are not happy, but you are demand to be fixed. Hmmm strange.

Let's be serious. It's ok to complain for something which is easy to fix (eg. button not responding), but match engine is a different beast in terms of programming.

And nobody said will be released in two weeks, nobody said will be released in two days. 

6 minutes ago, Caletti said:

I have the right to be dissatisfied with the product I bought, especially since I don't even know the approximate date when the bugs will be fixed. 

It's a pretty far stretch from being dissatisfied and to claim that they shouldn't have released fm23 though. ;) 

If you bought and played FM22, you'll know when to expect the patches. :thup:

54 minutes ago, Caletti said:

I understand that the match engine is complicated to repair but I have the right to be dissatisfied with the product I bought, especially since I don't even know the approximate date when the bugs will be fixed. The SI had a whole year to improve the FM22 match engine but they released the game with even more bugs 🫣

Refund is an option. Otherwise you have to wait as me.

FM23 last and final update will be around March with Winter Update, so it's not a complete product, yet. Like many other games. As an example, Battlefield 2042 still gets update after 1 year of release and it's one of the biggest franchise in game industry.  

Edited by fc.cadoni

2 hours ago, anagain said:

Patches take time, pal.

Hope you read that they tried to improve things for release but the fix they had in mind caused bigger problems elsewhere.

As SI devs have said on here the ME is never an easy fix. 

They really need to transition to a better system. 2 or 3 patches/data changes per year is really low.

There’s a whole bunch of “league specific” issues in lower league management - and even England in general if you include the mistakes with the Carabao cup, this year that should be patched asap, even if they have to release a lot more than the 2/3 patches they seem to settle with. Some of these issues have been reported since the first day of the beta…almost a month has passed and no fix. It’s not good enough…

Edited by Just4Downloads

2 hours ago, Caletti said:

I understand that the match engine is complicated to repair but I have the right to be dissatisfied with the product I bought, especially since I don't even know the approximate date when the bugs will be fixed. The SI had a whole year to improve the FM22 match engine but they released the game with even more bugs 🫣

Because you fixate on that thing. I've said this before but I'll reiterate. I've seen it myself that when I read about an issue then I'll see it more. Concentrate on the good of the ME, of which there is much, and see the issue of defending long balls as a quirk of the beautiful game. Perhaps the new ball is hard to read in the air. 😁

I didn't find the issue excessive, personally. Granted I've not had time to play a huge amount. 

No one wants an ME under par, especially not the devs.

Hopefully the patch will be sooner rather than later. Just a time for patience. 

7 minutes ago, warlock said:

Yes, it's fantastic. Loving the variety of goals scored (and conceded!), improved dribbling in all areas of the pitch, and just not seeing the long-ball problem (I'm giving up a handful of goals per season that way, which doesn't seem unrealistic).

There are a couple of very minor issues that could do with improving...

1. It seems like far too many shots are fired over the bar. I'm not asking for more goals, but it would be good to see a greater variety of missed shots or saves in the games.

2. There isn't enough variety in the way the ball is deflected from blocked shots or crosses. Almost every time, the ball goes up in the air but continues on the original trajectory rather than being deflected to one side or the other, or rebounding towards the kicker.

Otherwise, the ME is great and just a couple of minor tweaks away from being the best we've ever had.

Agreed. I would like to see the odd goalkeeper yellow or red card, and in-match injury, but otherwise, it's a huge step up. None of the new 'features' have interested me, but the improvement in the ME is enough in itself to rate FM23 very highly.

1 minute ago, phnompenhandy said:

I would like to see the odd goalkeeper yellow or red card, and in-match injury, but otherwise, it's a huge step up

Not actually in a managed game, but one of my young GKs out on loan was red carded last week.

ben sürekli ekran kartı hatası alıyorum. oynadığım hiç bir oyunda böyle bir durumla karşılaşmadım. aldığım hataları ekte paylaştım. bu durumdan da çok sıkıldım. maç içerisinde stadyumda grafikler bozuluyor ve oyundan atıyor. driverları silip tekrar yükledim yine olmadı.

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-06 at 12.45.34.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-05 at 15.45.54.jpeg

15 hours ago, LucasBR said:

Defending on this game is nothing but ridiculous. 

Defenders giving possession away too easily, missing headers, players staying still watching the opposition attacker do whatever they want...

You're being generous here pal, it's actually disgraceful pretty annoying we have to wait until December for it to be hopefully sorted, very disappointed in this years FM

Are fitness levels during the fifa club world cup still broken? I just realized they are broken in FM22, as well as FM21. Players don't recover even when rested for a week. I guess Miles doesn't care since it doesn't affect his small club saves with Watford and Wimbledon. Maybe it's just a feature enticing people to manage smaller clubs who'll never reach this competition. I mean, SI have had years to fix this obvious bug but choose to rest on their laurels.

At least give us the option to hand in a walk over if we can't have realistic fitness levels throughout the competition.

Edited by ottey_swe

10 minutes ago, XaW said:

@Sarı.Komutan - Please have look here: https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/sections/9807315748881-Technical-Issues

This is not the thread for bug reports.

It's a notorious, already well documented bug. What I'm doing here is asking fellow users if the problem is still there in FM23. I want to know if I should buy the game. The last thing I need is generic answers from SI who have had years to fix it and still haven't, which indicates they simply don't care.

Edited by ottey_swe

8 minutes ago, ottey_swe said:

It's a notorious, already well documented bug. What I'm doing here is asking fellow users if the problem is still there in FM23. I want to know if I should buy the game. The last thing I need is generic answers from SI who have had years to fix it and still haven't, which indicates they simply don't care.

What on earth are you babbling about? The user I TAGGED asked for technical help due to crashing. I have not directed anything towards you at all.

18 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

The defensive issues are just so painful to watch, you have to wonder how they weren't picked up. Just had Grealish pick the ball up against me on the halfway line, he is facing my whole back four, they don't even have any to mark. But they part like the red sea, one of my centre-backs is not even facing the right way for the initial part of his run, then both centre-backs slowly run backwards for a little bit, then do a full spin (both of them), then slowly jog parallel to him, so he basically picks the ball up on the half way line facing my entire defence and just gets a free run on goal.

That was the 89th minute equaliser at 3-3, their second goal is basically another long hoof ball over the top where again my centre-backs don't react to the ball or track the runner. 

So was leading 3-1 against Man City to get a rare win over them and basically they get a draw because of two match engine glitches. 

Also this issue with long balls was apparent in the match engine TWO versions of the game ago, it's been a problem for like 3 years, defenders don't react to long balls, they only react to the ball when it's a certain distance away from them but attackers react from the kick. Every version of the game over the last 3 years these goals have been scored with far too much frequency because of that, whereas IRL they are extremely rare at high levels because such balls are just easy for competent defenders, but because you can clearly see they don't react until the ball has travelled a certain distance, you get these goals all the time.  

It’s so bad right now.

Along with the one touch aerial ping pong that has 100% precision that seems to go on

19 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

The defensive issues are just so painful to watch, you have to wonder how they weren't picked up. Just had Grealish pick the ball up against me on the halfway line, he is facing my whole back four, they don't even have any to mark. But they part like the red sea, one of my centre-backs is not even facing the right way for the initial part of his run, then both centre-backs slowly run backwards for a little bit, then do a full spin (both of them), then slowly jog parallel to him, so he basically picks the ball up on the half way line facing my entire defence and just gets a free run on goal.

That was the 89th minute equaliser at 3-3, their second goal is basically another long hoof ball over the top where again my centre-backs don't react to the ball or track the runner. 

So was leading 3-1 against Man City to get a rare win over them and basically they get a draw because of two match engine glitches. 

Also this issue with long balls was apparent in the match engine TWO versions of the game ago, it's been a problem for like 3 years, defenders don't react to long balls, they only react to the ball when it's a certain distance away from them but attackers react from the kick. Every version of the game over the last 3 years these goals have been scored with far too much frequency because of that, whereas IRL they are extremely rare at high levels because such balls are just easy for competent defenders, but because you can clearly see they don't react until the ball has travelled a certain distance, you get these goals all the time.  

I played Germany in the Euros last night.

Defend great for 50 minutes then they launch a long ball over my defence for a striker, my CB responds by running 10 yards up the park and stopping while their attacker now has a free run at goal.

I always feel like its an animation issue, the code says the CB misjudged the flight of the ball and is then outpaced by the striker, but the game shows it in a truly awful way.

IMO (And i've said this for a few weeks now), Match Engine is Good, However The Animations are not great at displaying any sort of noticable football and poorly reflect the game in motion. Like the Animations at times really struggle to convey what the Engine is proposing.

Defender Left for dead for Pace? Show him Running to Catch up, Don't artifically mimic it by making him stand still for 2-3 Seconds then run. They are two different Things.

I've had as Similar Issue (Albeit not REALLY the same) With FIFA and other games for years. Up the Difficulty? Make the OTHER TEAM better, Dont make MY Team worse. It's not the same thing.

I dont Deem FM "Unplayable" or "Broken" in any way. It does, however, Need a polish IMHO.

Edited by KillYourIdols

30 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

IMO (And i've said this for a few weeks now), Match Engine is Good, However The Animations are not great at displaying any sort of noticable football and poorly reflect the game in motion. Like the Animations at times really struggle to convey what the Engine is proposing.

Defender Left for dead for Pace? Show him Running to Catch up, Don't artifically mimic it by making him stand still for 2-3 Seconds then run. They are two different Things.

I've had as Similar Issue (Albeit not REALLY the same) With FIFA and other games for years. Up the Difficulty? Make the OTHER TEAM better, Dont make MY Team worse. It's not the same thing.

I dont Deem FM "Unplayable" or "Broken" in any way. It does, however, Need a polish.

ME is very good, however those bugs are not animation problems, are ME bugs. The fact that a defender just run opposite to the action is not a bug, and can't be justified because of lack of concentration because... well how bad is your concentration that you don't see that everybody else and the ball is just going to the other direction, and you only notice after ~5 seconds? Specially when it happens so often. I am still confident that this will be solved, and without this bug, better long balls interception and some more dribbling inside for IW I think the ME is going to be fantastic. ME is the only thing I am still optimistic about the game to be honest, specially with the silence from SI about everything else that people complained about here.

Edited by el_manayer

1 minute ago, el_manayer said:

ME is very good, however those bugs are not animation problems, are ME bugs. The fact that a defender just run opposite to the action is not a bug, and can't be justified because of lack of concentration because... well how bad is your concentration that you don't see that everybody else and the ball is just going to the other direction? Specially when it happens so often. I am still confident that this will be solved, and without this bugs and some more dribbling inside for IW I think the ME is going to be fantastic. ME is the only thing I am still optimistic about the game to be honest.

I Never Specifically Mentioned "The fact that a defender just run opposite to the action" as some are clearly Bugs. My point was, generally but with exceptions, the Animations seem janky and at times cover bigger issues, resulting in a bit of a mess to watch, Such as a Lack of Speed being portrayed as standing still for a few seconds or a player standing still with the ball while clearly being pressed, rather then them quickly moving under pressure and misplacing a pass they just stand there and get tackled. We KNOW there is an Animation for Shielding a ball, so why Isn't it used rather than standing still?

However, I Agree the ME has good Potential. I'm certainly enjoying the game for all its Issues.

5 hours ago, Christmas said:

Cannot believe that after its embarrassing inclusion last year teams continue to paint their away dressing rooms in your team's kit colours. Ridiculous.

I think that it's pretty much standard IRL along with pictures and logos of the home team along the corridors, all part of the psychology designed to intemidate.

25 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

I think that it's pretty much standard IRL along with pictures and logos of the home team along the corridors, all part of the psychology designed to intemidate.

Are you sure we are talking about the same thing? 

I very much doubt that when I take my pink away kit to another Conference South team's stadium they paint their own 'away team' dressing room pink to match the pink kit my team is turning up in. 

Yet in fm they do. 

Edited by Christmas

22 hours ago, albertluque said:

8nzWMPt.png

Is this meant to happen? Surely you can't get Mikel Merino for less than his release clause? £11.5m is ridiculous.

Just came back here to say that in on my save Mikel Merino just got transfer listed for only £4.3m. For that price, I'm definitely snapping him up haha 

36 minutes ago, el_manayer said:

One thing I am actually struggling to get from the ME is maintaining a slow possession based style of play, playing from defence short easy passes until the ball reach the offensive players. I am not sure if this is a ME issue or me, but I have tried many different things in the tactic and no matter what, my defenders very often just kick the ball far up the pitch even under no pressure instead of doing an easy pass that's indeed very possible.

This is also a HUGE Bug-Bear of mine. I have Tried all combinations of ball playing defenders, Short Passing, Low Tempo, Less Direct Etc and there is ALWAYS a 1990's Wimbledon Hoof-ball merchant :D

One thing I have noticed more and more (And Its just happened again) is clubs accepting my loan Offer THEY layed out, THEN countering it, usually by inserting a "Can be recalled" clause, a few days later. It happens pretty often. Why not just add it at the beginning, It seems an odd clause to add all of a sudden. I get trying to Milk a higher wage contribution or monthly fee, but a recall clause this often?

One thing I have noticed... red card tackles such as lunges, two feet etc look really realistic and nasty on the ME. Actually found myself stood up muttering ''you dirty b******d, get him off referee'' when someone went through my young lad. Good job!

Edited by Domoboy23

7 horas atrás, KamyKaze disse:

O recrutamento realmente está quebrado de todas as maneiras diferentes.

Recebendo recomendações para jogadores do campeonato brasileiro quando o foco de recrutamento é na Liga Europa... Como pode um recurso de como os únicos 3 que temos este ano ser este quebrado, e ainda não corrigido desde o lançamento ... Estou gostando do jogo deste ano, mas realmente desapontado com este lançamento e a falta de trabalho que é aparente, tanto no desenvolvimento quanto na aplicação de patches...

image.thumb.png.5ecd6bf30659a7ed9348cc1075eca815.png

This has been mentioned since the Beta and no one from SI has answered about it. In fact, they answered me, they said that there was no recognized bug and the problem was in the assignments to the scouts

Had enough of this game FM23, everything is worse than FM22, i dont see one positive feature FM23 has over FM22, and thats a first i can honestly say that. The match engine is worse not better, the transfer market is worse not better, every player is completely overpriced, i get theres inflation in the real world at the moment but this is just ridiculous.