*Official* Football Manager 2023 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

23 minutes ago, csw4228 said:

There is a significant error regarding the number of dribbles in the current game.

Right full-backs currently have the highest number of dribbles in all leagues in the game.

Nonsense. In fact, you can feel that the dribbling success rate of fullbacks is high in the in-game match engine.

I don't understand why wingers and strikers dribble less than fullbacks.

I think this problem is basically due to the lack of dribbling of the winger and striker.

4.PNG

3.PNG

2.PNG

1.PNG

Yep. Wingers are useless unless they on the 2nd post for easy tap ins...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think the beta is great and I’m looking forward to seeing it all polished up for release. I just really wanted to say I think they have done a decent job with the game this year.
I do have one or two issues such as set pieces and internationals being a bit of an afterthought, but those points have been made loud & clear already. The cup draws take far too long is my main negative right now.
I mostly judge the game on how the match engine is playing out in regards to tactics and stuff and enjoyment to watch and I’m finding that bit very good, on the whole, keep up the good work SI! 

Away from the youth development bug and onto the ME

Think its is an improvement from last year. Much more chaotic with interceptions and more interesting pressing

There are big movements in the ME YoY so i think we are 3 years out from a really advanced and In-depth

Issues so far are

• central play is a bit absent
  • Wingers arent great. Want them to take on their man more

22 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

It's definitely very different to FM22. I think there's still several areas that need bugs squashing/tightening up, but you'll need to approach things a little differently imo. The AI play with much better structure and role choice, particularly in midfield (FM22 they would be very aggressive with midfield choices which meant you could exploit the space between MC and DC). Feels like the have got the importance of pivots nailed in the game. Also mentality choice feels even more about risk management than anything else, which makes it easier to use , but also, needs relabelling. Feels extremely responsive to instruction, pressing traps and OIs, if you've got them right, they are brilliant for you, if not, or if the AI is moving you about, you'll feel it. AI feels more dynamic 

Yeah this is all stuff ive noticed/seen, I really like how the new pivots work and definitely have seen an improvement on the halfback role because of this.

Mentality I havent moved off of balanced yet, ive done 4 seasons getting the roles and duties to behave how I wanted and am now messing about with out of possession instructions. Inside forwards on attack I find extremely aggressive in possession and often run through my advanced forward to pass the ball to the gk 🤣, or my cd loops an insanely high pass over the head of his partner to the wingback is the kind of all over the place ive seen, a long with some games where gks dont exist and every shot is a goal.

I think the finished article is going to be great, I just think it needs tidied up. 

I'm enjoying the beta. My only gripe with the ME has probably been reported already but it seems sometimes the CB's dont sprint back toward goal when a striker is through with an over the top ball or central through ball.  They appear to jog allowing the striker a chance on goal.

Have also seen my wingback simply jog next to the winger while he is attacking and not engaging

Just now, callamity said:

Yeah this is all stuff ive noticed/seen, I really like how the new pivots work and definitely have seen an improvement on the halfback role because of this.

Mentality I havent moved off of balanced yet, ive done 4 seasons getting the roles and duties to behave how I wanted and am now messing about with out of possession instructions. Inside forwards on attack I find extremely aggressive in possession and often run through my advanced forward to pass the ball to the gk 🤣, or my cd loops an insanely high pass over the head of his partner to the wingback is the kind of all over the place ive seen, a long with some games where gks dont exist and every shot is a goal.

I think the finished article is going to be great, I just think it needs tidied up. 

Yeah, some of what you say would come under what I consider needing tidying up. 

So this thing with negotiating contracts now...you basically cannot renew many existing ones if you are over your budget? Just gives you the option of a £350/week contract and nothing else. This is at Arsenal with the 7th highest wage bill in the league, below Villa (as it stands in my game, season 1). Just wouldn't be the case would it? 

For what its worth Arsenal seem to immediately be in financial trouble on the game, which i hope isn't the case irl.

Also, why does every player on earth demand to win a domestic cup in the next 2 years as part of their deal? Is that also a thing irl?

Edited by Purple Bane

I haven’t managed to understand the new scouting system yet.

is it best to manually select scouts and areas in assignments?

is it best to just leave them be?

how can i decide where scouts are working compared to their knowledge? Do i have to make ongoing assignments to where i want them to be?

so many questions, and many more. Has anyone managed to get full understanding of it?

11 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Think its is an improvement from last year. Much more chaotic with interceptions and more interesting pressing

There are big movements in the ME YoY so i think we are 3 years out from a really advanced and In-depth

Issues so far are

I just saw on discord the youth development bug only effects AI players, but your own players will continue to develop in all areas which is what has been my experience.

3 minutes ago, Ferocious289 said:

I just saw on discord the youth development bug only effects AI players, but your own players will continue to develop in all areas which is what has been my experience.

So an even easier game then :D 

Not sure if this has been posted but the amount of mistakes top players are making in this beta is incredible.

The majority of highlights on extended seem to stem from a mistake, whether that's my team or theirs. 

1 hour ago, we88y said:

This was in reply to my point about the dynamic youth rating rather than newgens.

Yes, my apologies. I never really cared for that feature, so I haven't paid that much attention to it. I forgot about it and  got it confused with regen players. My bad.

52 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

I think I want more of that in all areas of the pitch, I reported it last year. It does happen but very very rarely and most runs you see are around or away from opposition players. I'm sure that's why wingbacks are wracking up the dribbles because they start deeper and wide so it's easier for them to make runs counted as dribbles 

3 hours ago, nb9 said:

Being brutally honest, I wish I could refund the game and get my money back. 

I have owned every FM since 2007 and rarely had a complaint but this edition is unacceptable. Not one of the new “features” have improved the game - and BASIC issues that have chipped away at the player base for years and years now have not been fixed.

The game menus / UI have become unplayable, and are the cause of building on top of the same skin for 15 years. It needs a NEW and fresh look from the bottom up. You can click on any of the tabs on the left of the screen, and when you go on the page you will be presented with another 5+ tabs on the page with information which you really don’t care about. It is SO cluttered, and the default skin doesn’t even work with half the stuff within the game. I find myself doing more admin work in FM then I do in my actual job.

SI need a refresh from the very top, or at the very least they should be listening to the player base that will continue to buy the game no matter what because like myself, we love the game. New creative direction needed that caters for the demands of the player base.

And I am already guessing based on previous versions next years main feature will be the woman’s database - which is just adding another league.

Pretty sure SI will have an FM road map but there is a thread somewhere to request future enhancements. Not saying it will work but if there are enough FM'rs wanting specific elements targeted for re-work where the request is clear and logical then perhaps this is a way forward that can be explored

7 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I think I want more of that in all areas of the pitch, I reported it last year. It does happen but very very rarely and most runs you see are around or away from from opposition players. I'm sure that's why wingbacks are wracking up the dribbles because they start deeper and wide so it's easier for them to make runs counted as dribbles 

Same issues as lack of central play I feel - it's risk aversion and phobia of congested areas.

Naturally football is mostly placed to the spaces, but the game changing moments are the take-ons or slipped through balls that have a low probability of success. I'd love for players to attempt these more even if it means being disposed more often.

Or at the very least, have the tactical option to instruct players on the level of risk they should take. High flair players should do this automatically regardless of the risk/benefit of attempting.  

Edited by dannyfc

1 hour ago, csw4228 said:

There is a significant error regarding the number of dribbles in the current game.

Right full-backs currently have the highest number of dribbles in all leagues in the game.

Nonsense. In fact, you can feel that the dribbling success rate of fullbacks is high in the in-game match engine.

I think this problem is basically due to the lack of dribbling of the winger and striker.

4.PNG

3.PNG

2.PNG

1.PNG

It’s not because wingers are useless and they don’t dribble, it’s simply the fact that your fullbacks get the ball from a deeper position so they have all the pitch in front of them to run into. Wingers on the other hand get the ball from a higher position so the space available for them to do something with it is limited. 
It’s not like irl where if a player receives the ball and knows he can’t dribble he won’t even try. I’m FM unless your fullback is on defend duty or they a particular trait that stops them from dribbling, they will always try to run with the ball and dribble 

1 minute ago, dannyfc said:

Same issues as lack of central play I feel - it's risk aversion and phobia of congested areas.

Naturally football is mostly placed to the spaces, but the game changing moments are the take-ons or slipped through balls that have a low probability of success. I'd love for players to attempt these more even if it means being disposed more often. Or at the very least, have the tactical option to instruct players on the level of risk they should take. High flair players should do this automatically regardless of the risk/benefit of attempting.  

100% agree

I titled my report "Players looks scared of the opponent" when talking about direct dribbles, they genuinely looked terrified of running directly at an opponent

It's the same with passing. "Oh look, that guy in the middle of the field has an opponent near him, I'll pick the safe option and ping a pass 40 yards to the right back because he's in a tonne of space

Take a risk, I don't mind if it doesn't come off, I just want too see more of it 

7 minutes ago, DarJ said:

It’s not because wingers are useless and they don’t dribble, it’s simply the fact that your fullbacks get the ball from a deeper position so they have all the pitch in front of them to run into. Wingers on the other hand get the ball from a higher position so the space available for them to do something with it is limited. 

100% and for it to count as dribble, they have to run past an opposition player, it's a lot easier to do deeper down the field 

Is the scheduling of new CL format supposed to be all over the place?

Because right now, some teams have 4 games played and some are at just two.

Then there are league matches being played on the same day as CL matchdays. As in 6 fixtures played and 4 teams in CL not playing.

34 minutes ago, RPM_01 said:

Not sure if this has been posted but the amount of mistakes top players are making in this beta is incredible.

The majority of highlights on extended seem to stem from a mistake, whether that's my team or theirs. 

Yeah its like watching Lager FC in the Sunday League regardless of what level you're at.

54 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Issues so far are

I was having issue with wingers but then had a look at my tactic and removed both work ball into box and low crosses that were a must for FM22, minus them and my wide players are much better in terms of dribbling and the balls they provide.

Sure there is work to do with all the changes, but get the idea that we'll be learning new subtleties with this new ME for quite some time. Rashidi on Bust the Net said the AI tactics were very sound and its worth players trying the default plug and play tactics to see how the new ME and structure works as he felt they were a very solid base to work from.

Had a lot of fun playing FM22 and imo the ME was the best it has ever been. Had success playing a number of different systems and it felt like you could play whatever way you want and you'd be ok. In older versions of the game I felt like this was not the case and you were kind of forced to play whichever way worked the best in the current ME. 

I am excited for the new changes for this ME in regards to making the experience feel more realistic. I just think at the moment the amount of defensive mistakes that were put it to make the game more realistic have ended up having the opposite effect.

I am managing Chelsea and Thiago Silva who lets face it is a rolls royce of a CB irl, has made more defensive errors leading to goals in my last 10 games than he has in his entire career irl. I feel like however i set my team up the majority of games are just decided on how many mistakes at the back leading to goals are made by either team.

I think this could be a really good addition to the game but imo it needs to be toned down a touch for the full release of the game. At the moment it doesn't feel realistic at all. Going back to FM22 until full release now, hope you guys can fix this and the other obvious bugs like player development etc for 8th Nov. Thanks

21 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Is the scheduling of new CL format supposed to be all over the place?

Because right now, some teams have 4 games played and some are at just two.

Then there are league matches being played on the same day as CL matchdays. As in 6 fixtures played and 4 teams in CL not playing.

Is it affecting teams from any specific countries? I'm only running England at the moment and haven't noticed that issue. So it could be they never updated some leagues to account for the schedule change.

Although in mine every single game is at 8pm on Wednesday. That seems like a mistake too. Surely they wouldn't just completely abandon Tuesday for matches? Plus they just recently started earlier kickoffs for a games each round, I doubt they'd get rid of those either.

Just now, rusty217 said:

Is it affecting teams from any specific countries? I'm only running England at the moment and haven't noticed that issue. So it could be they never updated some leagues to account for the schedule change.

Although in mine every single game is at 8pm on Wednesday. That seems like a mistake too. Surely they wouldn't just completely abandon Tuesday for matches? Plus they just recently started earlier kickoffs for a games each round, I doubt they'd get rid of those either.

I'm playing in Serie A and it's been happening.

33 teams have 3 matches played, but for some reason Milan has 5, with Feyenoord and Arsenal that played against them at 4.
I also missed one week, with only 2 matches not being played and played one week earlier than everyone. And because of it I missed a league game, not sure what's going on.

And yeah, all the matches are on Wednesdays, same kickoff time.

5 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

I'm playing in Serie A and it's been happening.

33 teams have 3 matches played, but for some reason Milan has 5, with Feyenoord and Arsenal that played against them at 4.
I also missed one week, with only 2 matches not being played and played one week earlier than everyone. And because of it I missed a league game, not sure what's going on.

And yeah, all the matches are on Wednesdays, same kickoff time.

IIRC somebody posted in here awhile back about some Italian Serie A skipping match weekends for the league despite having no clashes. Maybe there's some kind of issue in Italian scheduling?

2 minuti fa, rusty217 ha scritto:

IIRC somebody posted in here awhile back about some Italian Serie A skipping match weekends for the league despite having no clashes. Maybe there's some kind of issue in Italian scheduling?

The skipping was in fm22 too, must have slipped again and not been fixed

Although my game time was more than 2 hours, I got a refund from steam.  In my explanation for refund, I wrote that the player attributes bug makes the game unplayable, even though it is early access, such a bug cannot be accepted as a minor one for customer . the developers have accepted this situation at the link below and declared more than once that they will not fix this problem at least until the full version is released.

(also attached links to two separate statements made by moderators about the hotfix)

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2023-early-access-beta-bugs-tracker/757_medical-and-development-centre-training-and-finances/early-access-beta-known-issues-please-read-r7958/

4 minutes ago, Raymond85 said:

The skipping was in fm22 too, must have slipped again and not been fixed

And the schedule itself is definitely messed up.

I'll have streaks of 3 away games, then 3 home etc. Never happens irl. You play two in a row at home twice in the season, same for away.

40 minutes ago, dunk105 said:

I was having issue with wingers but then had a look at my tactic and removed both work ball into box and low crosses that were a must for FM22, minus them and my wide players are much better in terms of dribbling and the balls they provide.

Sure there is work to do with all the changes, but get the idea that we'll be learning new subtleties with this new ME for quite some time. Rashidi on Bust the Net said the AI tactics were very sound and its worth players trying the default plug and play tactics to see how the new ME and structure works as he felt they were a very solid base to work from.

Thanks! will give it a go 

Do you know how to do more cut backs like city do? 

2 hours ago, csw4228 said:

4.PNG

3.PNG

2.PNG

1.PNG

the problem with the dribble stat is that what kind of play gets counted as a dribble, watch some highlights of dribbles from matches most of them are the player just running with the balll, no feints/skills at all, just running with the ball from deep with a opposition player glued to them, but they rarely do any feints or skills that leave the defender behind, its all just a really nice walk over the park with two players of each team.

Edited by kertiek

Questions for those who have the game:

* Are interactions with players still the same? I recently read the devs admitting that the whole module needed a rework. Did they rework it?

* Does the new supporters feature have some effect on your game? Can you be sacked or pressured if they are unhappy with you?

Edited by el_manayer

17 minutes ago, el_manayer said:

Questions for those who have the game:

* Are interactions with players still the same? I recently read the devs admitting that the whole module needed a rework. Did they rework it?

* Does the new supporters feature have some effect on your game? Can you be sacked or pressured if they are unhappy with you?

I've not had any player trouble yet but it feels about the same

The supporters can have an influence on the board to varying degrees, I guess the more influence they have, the more the board will take notice of them  

26 minutes ago, krymert said:

Although my game time was more than 2 hours, I got a refund from steam.  In my explanation for refund, I wrote that the player attributes bug makes the game unplayable, even though it is early access, such a bug cannot be accepted as a minor one for customer . the developers have accepted this situation at the link below and declared more than once that they will not fix this problem at least until the full version is released.

(also attached links to two separate statements made by moderators about the hotfix)

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2023-early-access-beta-bugs-tracker/757_medical-and-development-centre-training-and-finances/early-access-beta-known-issues-please-read-r7958/

you may want to open a separate topic about that so more people can see it in case they want to do the same

2 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, the new update has made Steven Gerrard and his staff of Aston Villa removed from the club.

Thanks for the update.

not sure if you're able to disclose or not, or even if you know at this point. will there be a hot fix coming soon to fix the technical attribute bug?