fm20 news

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, saihtam said:

Have to agree a bit with him. They have not shown something that uhh makes u jump feature to game.

Agree with him too mate. They haven't fixed some issues that have been reported as bugs over the years so i think they will still be in the game. 

16 minutes ago, StevehFC said:

Agree with him too mate. They haven't fixed some issues that have been reported as bugs over the years so i think they will still be in the game. 

Llike what?

The biggest thing I think is that nothing has been covered about tactics. Yes there are some good quality of life features and updates, but every year i think there has been something that changes the flow of game and how we build up tactics. Currently the only thing I can see is inverted winger. Might be interesting new option but does not bring out this kind of dynamic you would expect from new release. And i dont want huge and overhauling things, I want to see some progress made on this.

22 hours ago, saihtam said:

Have to agree a bit with him. They have not shown something that uhh makes u jump feature to game.

I am with him too. And I stated somewhat similar views in another post. It mostly seems like ok to somewhat-good-to-have improvements but nothing game-changing at all.

Nothing that will make us enjoy the game on a whole new level, another level of immersion, as if we are football managers ourselves and seeing all our tactics come alive via players' movements, realistic defending, accurate player movement, positioning...  

Ok I better stop before I touch a raw nerve and get called out for 'not being constructive'.

LOL

Edited by theballstopshere

2 minutes ago, theballstopshere said:

I am with him too. And I stated somewhat similar views in another post. It mostly seems like ok to somewhat-good-to-have improvements but nothing game-changing at all.

Nothing that will make us enjoy the game on a whole new level, another level of immersion, as if we are football managers ourselves and seeing all our tactics come alive via players' movements, realistic defending, accurate player movement, positioning...  

Ok I better stop before I touch a raw nerve and get called out for 'not being constructive'.

LOL

All this positioning, movement etc might be done better by ME updates for this years FM. Just it is worrying they are not mentioning this or anything.

9 minutes ago, saihtam said:

All this positioning, movement etc might be done better by ME updates for this years FM. Just it is worrying they are not mentioning this or anything.

It shouldn't be worrying? ME news almost always comes later and Miles said we'll get to see videos later, when it's ready, too.

Would be good that in the future, ME, tactics, players AI, player collision system (if any)... should be in the headline feature. Yes, even though such improvements are supposedly made every year. 

After all this is a football simulation game, and touted to be the best by SI.

ME and how the players react to our tactics (and mirror) real world football and tactics are central to a football simulation game. 

20 minutes ago, theballstopshere said:

Would be good that in the future, ME, tactics, players AI, player collision system (if any)... should be in the headline feature. Yes, even though such improvements are supposedly made every year. 

After all this is a football simulation game, and touted to be the best by SI.

ME and how the players react to our tactics (and mirror) real world football and tactics are central to a football simulation game. 

But they're not headline features, they are base level improvements.

They are worked on constantly, and the ME has it's own dedicated team that only work on the ME year round. The reason nothing has been announced yet has been confirmed by MIles on twitter is that it's still being worked on. It will continued to be worked on up until it locks for production, and it's at this point we will get information and videos about what is changing.

9 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

They are worked on constantly, and the ME has it's own dedicated team that only work on the ME year round. The reason nothing has been announced yet has been confirmed by MIles on twitter is that it's still being worked on. It will continued to be worked on up until it locks for production, and it's at this point we will get information and videos about what is changing.

Fair enough. I will await eagerly the ME announcements. To me, they are the deal breaker and will really affect how I enjoy the game. More so when the headlines features so far are a major letdown, like what many have said. 

Hopefully the ME can salvage the situation. Frustrates me to no end when I see players doing really weird and unrealistic stuff, not playing to my tactics and moving about like school children on a kickabout. 

23 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Yep one of the last things you see for reasons you state, they'll be working on it right up to the very end, and then supporting it through to the last patch. As such the timing is always later on, though I've often made the point that SI should make an even bigger song and dance over the ME, they undersell how much work they do

Big fan of MLS saves here so this is a very interesting feature for me. Hopefully this means USL (where most B teams play)  finally becomes a playable league. Would be a massive addition for MLS saves.

Edited by kandersson

I do wonder why these are not on the official football manager twitter, but on Miles his personal one. Its just not the right place it seems, Also lets just say that PR wise that is a better idea given Miles his comments sometimes. 

Also spreads the features to much more people. 

Edited by Double0Seven

14 minutes ago, Double0Seven said:

I do wonder why these are not on the official football manager twitter, but on Miles his personal one. Its just not the right place it seems, Also lets just say that PR wise that is a better idea given Miles his comments sometimes. 

But, while that's true, it's absolutely brilliant seeing the fankle some people get into with the way Miles deals with them.  Basically, if you play nice, he'll be nice.  If you're not...well, you likely won't win.

I'm guess the separation is deliberate.  Maybe they want Miles to be the dam that holds everything back from the official accounts.  Maybe Miles just likes communicating with people in that way.  Maybe they just don't want to hire someone whose sole job is to read messages from and reply to mouth breathers for most of their day.  Who knows.

1 hour ago, Double0Seven said:

It's probably because they're quite minor things mainly 'in depth' players will be interested in.

2 ore fa, louissiscool ha scritto:

Is there a release date yet? seems strange not to have one this late on if not.

Now i understand why there isn’t the release date at This point.

also Stadia is going to be released in november without a date. I think that things are connected because SI want to launch the PC and the Stadia version the same date. Or maybe, If stadia will be launched at end november, maybe PC version could be released before. 

I just came in to ask the exact same question about the release date, is it always this late? Probably is just can't remember

If Matteo above is correct then that means the BETA is around 3 weeks or so away. Would have thought a release date would have been announced by now if that's the case

38 minuti fa, Chris21 ha scritto:

I just came in to ask the exact same question about the release date, is it always this late? Probably is just can't remember

If Matteo above is correct then that means the BETA is around 3 weeks or so away. Would have thought a release date would have been announced by now if that's the case

The game is in development phase like last versions, this year features have been revealed before the last 2 editions (mid september instead of end september). The problem is the Stadia release. 

1 hour ago, Chris21 said:

Always has been second friday of November.

1 hour ago, coolestrock said:

any new features announced yet or is that it :D , i just hope they are saving the best ones till last otherwise i'll be disappointed tbh 

There's been one announcement. We're waiting on more info.

3 hours ago, Spedding said:

not always release dates of past fms has been from mid October to mid November. from what I googled

Well last four versions released 1st or 2nd friday of November.So probably 2(too good to be true) or 9 of November.

Edited by Sheriff7

20 hours ago, Cadoni said:

I am betting: 8 November will be the release date of FM20

I pre-ordered last week, and pretty sure I saw 8 November on Steam, but not sure if that's subject to change...

4 hours ago, Matteo3champions said:

GOAL KICKS ADDED TO SET - PIECES CREATOR. (FM account on twitter)

They seem to have retracted the tweet though...

If so this would be the first feature revealed that really gets me excited if implemented well. 

22 horas atrás, zakbrown96 disse:

I hope they add the minor feature of, as manager telling an sub or two to go out and warm up, as in real life that’s exactly what happens 

I thought about that, but maybe it's just another thing people will delegate to the assistant. Like the tactical briefings. No real influence anywhere.

Edited by 99

Comments under the latest video release on YouTube make for sobering reading. I genuinely can’t remember a more widely panned upcoming FM release. Can anybody else? Genuine question.  

Will S.I listen? Doubt it. They will sell truckloads of copies regardless and carry on half-arsing it until they get some genuine competition. Sad that it’s got to this. I’m always hyped for the new release by now, but I genuinely don’t see any reason to buy FM20 at the moment. I’ve pre-ordered the new FM for as long as I can remember, but unless my current FM19 save corrupts or something, I’m pretty sure I’ll be sticking with FM19 for another year. Pull your fingers out, lads. 

Edited by QWERTYOP

47 minutes ago, forameuss said:

So let's get this straight.  Before release, knowing relatively little about the game, it has been "panned" and the team are "half-arsed".  And this is based on - and I want to confirm this - youtube comments?  Comments.  On Youtube?

And a throwing in of the tired competition argument.  You love to see it.

This.  I mean at least give the demo a decent go...

Just now, duesouth said:

This.  I mean at least give the demo a decent go...

Absolutely.  If you end up getting the game, and it ends up being a turd, then fire in, pan it all you like.  But before?  Maybe go outside for a wee while, do something useful with your lives.

And, needs to be said again, youtube comments.  The online equivalent of jamming a pen in your ear and wiggling it around a bit.

1 hour ago, QWERTYOP said:

Comments under the latest video release on YouTube make for sobering reading. I genuinely can’t remember a more widely panned upcoming FM release. Can anybody else? Genuine question.  

Will S.I listen? Doubt it. They will sell truckloads of copies regardless and carry on half-arsing it until they get some genuine competition. Sad that it’s got to this. I’m always hyped for the new release by now, but I genuinely don’t see any reason to buy FM20 at the moment. I’ve pre-ordered the new FM for as long as I can remember, but unless my current FM19 save corrupts or something, I’m pretty sure I’ll be sticking with FM19 for another year. Pull your fingers out, lads. 

That's YouTube comments for you. Much like how every music video has several comment types that always crop up ("Like if you're listening in 2019", "I loved Foals before they were cool", "I wish it was still 90s", "GREATEST SONG EVER", etc), all recent videos on the Football Manager channel seem to get the same types of comments. These are mostly angry or sarcastic comments from people who have nothing better to do with their spare time than get worked up about something they don't like.

"The graphics are soooooooooooo great on my Windows 3.1 PC."

"The players all look like they come from FIFA 97 - says someone who never actually played FIFA 97."

"SI are just like EA amirite"

"Everyone should boycott SI because I've already decided that a game which isn't even out until next month is worse than Big Rigs."

"It's the same game as last year."

"FM19.5"

"FIX THE MATCH ENGINE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"

"these arent new features my idea of new features is vr integration or the ability to unleash a lion onto the pitch whenever I feel like it those are what new features are not norwegian b teams work better nobody cares about norway"

"I want FM20 to be more like The Sims lol"

"This is the worst miscarriage of justice since Marathon bars were renamed Snickers!"

Those aren't actual comments, obviously, but you get the idea.

Edited by CFuller

5 minutes ago, CFuller said:

That's YouTube comments for you.

I’d agree with you if it was JUST being panned on YouTube, but it’s not. By any stretch of the imagination. It’s basically everywhere except on this MB where the hardcore reside. 

Just now, QWERTYOP said:

I’d agree with you if it was JUST being panned on YouTube, but it’s not. By any stretch of the imagination. It’s basically everywhere except on this MB where the hardcore reside. 

If you mean Twitter or [shudder] Reddit, they're hardly any better when it comes to sensible, informed comments that aren't aren't more than 100 miles wide of the mark.

8 minutes ago, CFuller said:

If you mean Twitter or [shudder] Reddit, they're hardly any better when it comes to sensible, informed comments that aren't aren't more than 100 miles wide of the mark.

Last time I checked the FM subreddit, it was just really, REALLY bad memes for the unoriginal trying to be funny.  Awful stuff.

22 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Those aren't actual comments, obviously, but you get the idea.

Never fear, I'll take a look so you don't have to.

...yup...you're pretty much right.  

"The graphics are soooooooooooo great on my Windows 3.1 PC."

"The players all look like they come from FIFA 97 - says someone who never actually played FIFA 97."

"SI are just like EA amirite"

"Everyone should boycott SI because I've already decided that a game which isn't even out until next month is worse than Big Rigs."

"It's the same game as last year."

"FM19.5"

"FIX THE MATCH ENGINE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"

"these arent new features my idea of new features is vr integration or the ability to unleash a lion onto the pitch whenever I feel like it those are what new features are not norwegian b teams work better nobody cares about norway"

"I want FM20 to be more like The Sims lol"

"This is the worst miscarriage of justice since Marathon bars were renamed Snickers!"

Unfortunately, as I put my Jim Bowen hat on, you've not managed House with your suggestions.  Close though.  Although the fact that you managed to get a lot of them almost word for word says a lot about the standard of comments.

2 hours ago, CFuller said:

I mean literally anywhere you care to mention. It's not hard to find. If anyone can remember a more widely panned upcoming FM release, I'd like to know, genuinely. Please don't misunderstand where I'm coming from - I WANT to be hyped for the new release! I WANT reason to buy it! But they've failed. I don't mind years when the new release isn't revolutionary. At all. In fact, I've previously said I don't like them changing things for the sake of it. But previously, even on years when the new game isn't a revamp, there's always been SOMETHING to grab my attention. Perhaps last years best selling point for me for example was the Germany license. But this year is just full of nothing. They've moved stuff around a bit and called that "headline features". I think the most telling thing about this years release is the understated nature of the "headline features" reveal. It's normally an all singing, all dancing affair when they're (understandably) shouting from the rooftops. This year, we had a quick post on social media and that was that. I think even they know this years features are really weak. I'm hoping against hope that S.I still have something up their sleeve to give me a reason to part with my 40 quid, but I will not just buy the new game like a zombie without a reason to. That will just further encourage them that they can get away with years like this. 

3 minutes ago, QWERTYOP said:

I mean literally anywhere you care to mention. It's not hard to find. If anyone can remember a more widely panned upcoming FM release, I'd like to know, genuinely. Please don't misunderstand where I'm coming from - I WANT to be hyped for the new release! I WANT reason to buy it! But they've failed. I don't mind years when the new release isn't revolutionary. At all. In fact, I've previously said I don't like them changing things for the sake of it. But previously, even on years when the new game isn't a revamp, there's always been SOMETHING to grab my attention. Perhaps last years best selling point for me for example was the Germany license. But this year is just full of nothing. They've moved stuff around a bit and called that "headline features". I think the most telling thing about this years release is the understated nature of the "headline features" reveal. It's normally an all singing, all dancing affair when they're (understandably) shouting from the rooftops. This year, we had a quick post on social media and that was that. I think even they know this years features are really weak. I'm hoping against hope that S.I still have something up their sleeve to give me a reason to part with my 40 quid, but I will not just buy the new game like a zombie without a reason to. That will just further encourage them that they can get away with years like this. 

I've said this quite a few times over the last few weeks, but I'll say it again. What might be a groundbreaking new feature to one user might mean absolutely nothing to another. That's fine; it's impossible to please all of the fanbase all of the time.

Something else I've been saying quite often recently is this. When somebody complains about the headline features not being headline features, I might ask, "What would have been a 'headline feature' for you?"

So, @QWERTYOP, just out of interest, "What would have been a 'headline feature' for you?"

10 minutes ago, QWERTYOP said:

‘Panned’ ??

Pure hyperbole originating from personal frustration.

Underwhelmed at the information so far? Absolutely.

Could we maybe see / play the game first before writing its obituary?

Edited by rdbayly