fm20 news

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope they don't bring in another feature that's going to be labouring and more time consuming . Hoping more for realism in the match day game like a variety of Stadiums and Pitch , a more user friendly 3D and 2D kit design system , Ball movements and physics etc …. 

32 minutes ago, 超级足球狂热迷 said:

You're wrong. Everton's Premier League game in January was full of snow and the football was blue.

We have been down this road before- please read my last post and get back on topic

no-one knows for sure but in general its released mid Nov with these days 2 weeks early release version

In terms of the news Miles apparently quoted FM20 news will be available end of the month and we arent there yet

Pretty much the same every year as is the hype in the forums :)

• Administrators
1 hour ago, endtime said:

Will the game itself be delayed as well, or just the news?

Game can’t be delayed if there isn’t a date announced and it’s not been missed. :brock:

They’ll announce a date when ready, which won’t be any indication of whether there’s been a “delay” or not. 

They would have to announce a delay for there to be one. 

2 hours ago, MrPompey said:

Anyways we are nearly at the end of the month so the FM20 news must be nearly ready to get confirmed, end of the week maybe

Another question that comes to mind is that what is going to be revealed? Features or cover & release date? :) 

• Administrators

My money is on an announcement announcing the announcement, first. 

Then we get the news :) 

5 hours ago, FrazT said:

Since few posters have taken any notice of the thread warning that I posted above to keep on topic, anything that is not relevant to FM 20 news has been hidden.  No more warnings will be issued.

vor 46 Minuten schrieb Deisler26:

I wonder if they have the Bundesliga again, now FIFA is parading it?

Yes. In the "kicker" article it was said that the Bundesliga will be included in Football Manager 2020.

So we're starting the tedious bun-fights about the new product before it's even been announced now?  Terrific.  I'll knock up a bingo card so that anyone who isn't a hysterical Helen Lovejoy-type on either side of the divide can play along.

16 hours ago, endtime said:

will they have the German NT tho? It was in the original FM 19 release, only to be patched out again later :D

They likely don't have any idea themselves.  Didn't one of the German licenses last year essentially go down to the last minutes in terms of the release date before they knew whether it could be included or not?

23 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Any news about Denuvo in FM20?

All talks about Denuvo has technical issues and negative influence for perfomance...

P.S. Which version of FM was a first with Denuvo?

I would love for SI to ditch Denuvo for FM20, but I am not holding my breath, Denuvo was one reason I didn't buy FM17 which was the first version with Denuvo.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Novem9 said:

Any news about Denuvo in FM20?

All talks about Denuvo has technical issues and negative influence for perfomance...

P.S. Which version of FM was a first with Denuvo?

There isn't. 

All types of DRM will have some impact, because it's another thing the game is doing, but its negligible on performance. Performance will get less year on year with the same machine you have anyway, but you should expect that because the game is getting more complex, needing more features = more computational time needed.

I don't want to derail the thread into a discussion on DRM but will say: 

It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense, not to buy a game because of some random copy protection method some armchair activists are complaining about. If it wasn't Denuvo it would be something else.

If you really want to ensure you have top tier performance every year then buy a new computer every year would be the obvious answer. 

6 минут назад, Lucas сказал:

There isn't. 

All types of DRM will have some impact, because it's another thing the game is doing, but its negligible on performance. Performance will get less year on year with the same machine you have anyway, but you should expect that because the game is getting more complex, needing more features = more computational time needed.

It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense, not to buy a game because of some random copy protection method some armchair activists are complaining about. If it wasn't Denuvo it would be something else.

If you really want to ensure you have top tier performance every year then buy a new computer every year would be the obvious answer. 

Well I read about issues concerning Denuvo only. So massive discussion doesn't just happened. 

Just one proven by the public fact I read - DMC5 denuvofreeversion has right up +20fps.

Possibly every developer use this tool with difference effect (like CO use Unity engine for Cities Skylines and this is terrible decision), but Denuvo has tarnished reputation.

Developers refused to use Denuvo already and list increased. And technically it's not a DRM as I know.

but it doesn't affect for me to buy FM20 or not. I just asked and explained my motivation :)

Saw the announcement of the announcement on Steam, I'll probably hate the game, buy it anyway and get 700 hours from it for a few bucks. :) 

Since there's no news I want crappy stadiums for lower division teams, specially wooden stadiums, the new format of the club world cup, the return of the 2d classic (guys, you all talk about fancy graphics but they will always fail against real life, 2d classic allows you to imagine what's going on and it will be way more realistic), I also want more optimization, I should be able to run more leagues and the game should process way faster IMHO, I've seen videos from high end PC's and the game still kinda takes some time processing matches.

Edited by Martini

On 27/08/2019 at 23:09, Lucas said:

There isn't. 

They can remove Denuvo after it gets cracked. Its useless then. 

13 часов назад, Double0Seven сказал:

They can remove Denuvo after it gets cracked. Its useless then. 

Denuvo DRM cracks seem to be happening faster and faster
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/denuvo-cracks-2019/

Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Denuvo Cracked Before Release
https://www.techpowerup.com/242083/final-fantasy-xv-windows-edition-denuvo-cracked-before-release

Hitman 2’s Denuvo DRM cracked days before the game’s release
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/11/hitman-2s-denuvo-drm-cracked-days-before-the-games-release/

What Is Denuvo, and Why Do Gamers Hate It?
https://www.howtogeek.com/400126/what-is-denuvo-and-why-do-gamers-hate-it/

@Lucas
But there’s a lot of evidence to the contrary. The director of TEKKEN 7 blamed Denuvo’s DRM for performance problems in the PC version of the game, for example—a rare case where a game developer, rather than merely a player, knocked Denuvo

19 hours ago, Martini said:

the return of the 2d classic (guys, you all talk about fancy graphics but they will always fail against real life, 2d classic allows you to imagine what's going on and it will be way more realistic)

Just this please!

I like how some people wants FIFA/PES graphics and some wants still old fashion 2D from too many moons ago.

I'm afraid classic 2D is defunct and if I were you, I would bury all the hopes with it. It's "evolution" guys.

1 minute ago, Federico said:

I like how some people wants FIFA/PES graphics and some wants still old fashion 2D from too many moons ago.

I think classic 2D is defunct and if I were you, I would bury all the hopes with it. It's "evolution" guys.

You're making an old man sad Frederico :kriss:

:lol: Sorry! I think so, I hope for you I'll be proved wrong but I don't think it will ever get back.

And I'm happy it won't honestly. The game machines evolves and so do games, included FM. I would not ask Codemaster to make an 8-bit version of F1 2019 just because seeing the F1 cars with same shape and 4 colors it makes me imagining they are better (and how this makes it more "realistic" is beyond my understanding).

2 minutes ago, rafaelbenitez said:

What's wrong with the current 2d version? It took a little getting used to when the "classic version" was removed last year but I think it's a perfectly fine alternative to the 3d depictions.

the new 2d uses the whole match engine, putting strain on older computers

8 hours ago, Novem9 said:

Denuvo DRM cracks seem to be happening faster and faster
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/denuvo-cracks-2019/

Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Denuvo Cracked Before Release
https://www.techpowerup.com/242083/final-fantasy-xv-windows-edition-denuvo-cracked-before-release

Hitman 2’s Denuvo DRM cracked days before the game’s release
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/11/hitman-2s-denuvo-drm-cracked-days-before-the-games-release/

What Is Denuvo, and Why Do Gamers Hate It?
https://www.howtogeek.com/400126/what-is-denuvo-and-why-do-gamers-hate-it/

@Lucas
But there’s a lot of evidence to the contrary. The director of TEKKEN 7 blamed Denuvo’s DRM for performance problems in the PC version of the game, for example—a rare case where a game developer, rather than merely a player, knocked Denuvo

Exactly. Denuvo is pure garbage. SI really need to reconsider using it. If its cracked, at least remove it. I know SI care less and less about the players it seems, but this is the very least they can do.

The fact is DRM will IMPACT the performance of the game. Also a fact that Denuvo is useless when its cracked. So why arent SI removing Denuvo after its cracked? Its only win-win. 

Edited by Double0Seven

FM Community is like big family gala-dinner :D

Consolidate by general idea, but regular fights in lack of understanding, further forget and forgive all just for repeat this in next time :brock:

And goddamn where are this turkey FM20? :D Are you waiting for it to cool down??????

Edited by Novem9

3 hours ago, Double0Seven said:

Exactly. Denuvo is pure garbage. SI really need to reconsider using it. If its cracked, at least remove it. I know SI care less and less about the players it seems, but this is the very least they can do.

The fact is DRM will IMPACT the performance of the game. Also a fact that Denuvo is useless when its cracked. So why arent SI removing Denuvo after its cracked? Its only win-win. 

Whilst I agree with most of this post, to say that SI don't care about players is a bit wide of the mark, although as with most organisations with healthy sales figures complacency can creep in.

With Denuvo pretty much defunct as an anti piracy tool SI could explain if they are still using it for other reasons and if that's the reason it is not removed once the game is cracked.  A little more transparency would not go amiss.

On 17/08/2019 at 18:54, RBKalle said:

It's been shown time and again how FM lingo doesn't really mean what the equivalent word means in real life. Many users have been making silly mistakes because the ME has its own peculiar interpretation of roles, positions, duties, instructions...

This is really crucial in my opinion and, unfortunately, often neglected. Even when you read tactical guides from local gurus, you see things like "if you pick instruction X, it will do what it says on the tin ONLY if condition A,B,Y and/or Z are satisfied". That's mighty confusing and there's no way to get that information unless you're ready to power through countless pages and videos. Even then, not everything will be covered because there are so many knock-on effects it's impossible to list them.

When you set your player to "shoot less often" and 5 mins later he takes a ridiculous long shot with loads of passing options around him, the game collapses for an average player. There are so many reasons within the ME as to why that could happen, but you're told none of them and you're only left with the fact that your tactical input didn't get the expected output.

On 30/08/2019 at 14:27, rafaelbenitez said:

What's wrong with the current 2d version? It took a little getting used to when the "classic version" was removed last year but I think it's a perfectly fine alternative to the 3d depictions.

On balls kicked high in the air, the ball size is way too large than would be the case if it was being accurately represented during those moments. I have gotten used to it, but it's still somewhat annoying, and I think it only exists in the current 2D but didn't in the classic 2D. Also, I don't like those "feet" that the players have on the current 2D which I don't believe they do on classic 2D.

Other than those two things, I'm content with current 2D.

All I’m hoping for is a more stable network game. Not being able to watch each other’s matches for the last two versions without total bug outs and freezes has taken the shine off a little. I’ve been playing this wonderful game since 01/02 and I only play network games now. Saving after every game is a must (Steam is the problem here) but more work on stability and fluidity from SI would be hugely appreciated for FM20.

On 04/09/2019 at 13:55, shirajzl said:

This is really crucial in my opinion and, unfortunately, often neglected. Even when you read tactical guides from local gurus, you see things like "if you pick instruction X, it will do what it says on the tin ONLY if condition A,B,Y and/or Z are satisfied". That's mighty confusing and there's no way to get that information unless you're ready to power through countless pages and videos. Even then, not everything will be covered because there are so many knock-on effects it's impossible to list them.

When you set your player to "shoot less often" and 5 mins later he takes a ridiculous long shot with loads of passing options around him, the game collapses for an average player. There are so many reasons within the ME as to why that could happen, but you're told none of them and you're only left with the fact that your tactical input didn't get the expected output.

Same for knowing what attributes specifically do.

2 hours ago, swansongs said:

Same for knowing what attributes specifically do.

Which is a Pretty alarming Statement coming off someone involved in Research. (In particular if you consider some Prior statement's in the bug's thread). You can likely carry this over to the Manager Attributes you enter as well. You may be able to roughly anticipate to how it all may link later in the AI's decision making. However, it still Comes down to the tactical Picking proccess being comparably complicated -- in particular if you consider that the AI doesn't deal in a tactic -- but makes changes based on the Opponent it Plays (are we favs or Underdogs?), the result it Targets (win, draw, not getting trashed), what the scoreline is (a Goal in front vs two nill behind), and how much time is still left ticking (e.g. OH NO 1-2 down but only 5 minutes to go!) If Things were as "simple" that you could actually pick a prefered "style" for an AI Manager, and perhaps a couple prefered match stratagies, that were likely tons easier. 

Edited by Svenc

10 hours ago, sidslayer said:

All I’m hoping for is a more stable network game. Not being able to watch each other’s matches for the last two versions without total bug outs and freezes has taken the shine off a little. I’ve been playing this wonderful game since 01/02 and I only play network games now. Saving after every game is a must (Steam is the problem here) but more work on stability and fluidity from SI would be hugely appreciated for FM20.

Totally this. I also play primarily network games and as I said in (I think) the feature request thread, network games have gone downhill. The biggest loss for me has been not seeing 'rivals' news being fed to your inbox, instead having to trawl through the news and social media tabs (which everyone gives up on quickly) leaving the whole experience feeling like a laggy single player game. The errors on watching others matches has destroyed the communal cheering on in cup finals and so on. Unless there's news of improvements here, I'll be giving it a miss, such things as Stadia hold no interest for me.

On 30/08/2019 at 21:19, Tony Wright 747 said:

Whilst I agree with most of this post, to say that SI don't care about players is a bit wide of the mark, although as with most organisations with healthy sales figures complacency can creep in.

With Denuvo pretty much defunct as an anti piracy tool SI could explain if they are still using it for other reasons and if that's the reason it is not removed once the game is cracked.  A little more transparency would not go amiss.

Unfortunately, use of Denuvo appears to be a SEGA decision, rather than SI's choice. All SEGA PC games come with Denuvo, as covered on SEGA's Q&A page for Denuvo: https://www.sega.com/denuvo

Edited by JordanMillward_1