Football Manager 2016 16.3.0 Feedback Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One question for the devs: Isn't it possible to release a ME hotfix that eliminates the entire possibility that backpasses can be accounted as key passes? If there is in the code some sort of detection of the relative direction of a pass, I would suppose it's quite doable. This would pretty much solve the massive over-rating of FBs (every over-achieving FB makes at least 5 key passes a match that are horizontal and slightly backward passes, but also other offensive players, it seems like every horizontal-backward pass a couple of yards in front of the opposition area and near the sidelines is being accounted as a key pass) and all of it's knock-on effects like FBs winning player of the year, inflation of FB prices etc. On top of that, the knock-on effects and impacton the rest of the game would be marginal, because well, I think a backward pass is NEVER a key pass or at least so rarely that it doesn't have to be accounted for at all IMO.

So IF that change could be made without any massive intervention in the code, I would kindly ask you to at least think about it.

Aye, I often equate a few too many crossed goals with a fault that may see me crack my head off the steering wheel in a crash, right enough.

And to the last part - if you're so crestfallen that it's going to be "difficult getting through the summer months" without a game, then maybe a bit of time off from it isn't such a bad thing.

Please point out to me where I indicated that too many crossed goals worries me equally with cracking my head off a steering wheel? I don't believe I did. I used it as a relevant example in relation to another post unless I've missed something in my post?

"Do you own a car, a cooker? When safety improvements are made to the new designs you don't get them automatically - but why? You bought a year 20xx model so why are you not getting the benefits of the 200xx+1 model?"

Improvements in technology are different than acknowledged flaws. SI has acknowledged that there is problems which they are investigating, with the view to fixing in FM17.

My 2005 Nissan Almera recently got a callback because of a fault in the airbag. This was after 11 years, they realised there was a manufacturing fault and wanted the car returned to a dealership so they could investigate and correct any issues. Nissan don't call me if they have a breakthrough in new developments and give me the latest update nor would I expect them to.

I do agree with the "where do you stop?" But I would point out in my opinion, there seems to be more people complaining of more issues in this years final product than any other version passed. Usually by the last patch we have some users complaining of some little issues. This year we have people complaining about the issue with crosses, people complaining about AI rotation or my own biggest gripe the FB ratings being overpowered.

It is impossible for SI to please everyone and I've never had issues before, but I'm not playing FM16 and I don't plan on buying FM17. I'm obsessed with this game and it feels like a hole in my life knowing that this could be the last game I play, certainly going to be difficult getting through the summer months.

I'm fairly sure any other poster who has been actively on these forums at this time of year in previous years can confirm the crossing issue is barely of note (in terms of volume of comments/complaints). Too many shots (FM15), super keepers (annually), the game being rigged so the AI scores with its only shot (annually), the near post corners (FM12 or 13?), these issues and quite a few others to boot have generated far more outrage. The crossing issue is almost comparatively negligible its only those who get emotionally involved in arguing about it that truly feel its widespread.

I'm unable to make offers for intake players in this patch. What happens is that i make an offer to the club that gets accepted, and when i get to the contract negotiations the player won't accept any offer, not even when I give him exactly what he asks for, he just counters with an even higher request. This leads to a break in talks after 2-3 turns of negotiations. I'm currently stuck in my save because i refuse to not buy any prospect for an entire year.

One question for the devs: Isn't it possible to release a ME hotfix that eliminates the entire possibility that backpasses can be accounted as key passes? If there is in the code some sort of detection of the relative direction of a pass, I would suppose it's quite doable. This would pretty much solve the massive over-rating of FBs (every over-achieving FB makes at least 5 key passes a match that are horizontal and slightly backward passes, but also other offensive players, it seems like every horizontal-backward pass a couple of yards in front of the opposition area and near the sidelines is being accounted as a key pass) and all of it's knock-on effects like FBs winning player of the year, inflation of FB prices etc. On top of that, the knock-on effects and impacton the rest of the game would be marginal, because well, I think a backward pass is NEVER a key pass or at least so rarely that it doesn't have to be accounted for at all IMO.

So IF that change could be made without any massive intervention in the code, I would kindly ask you to at least think about it.

So a full-back makes it to the line and cuts it back to his winger, who crosses for a goal. I'd say that's a pretty key pass, so it's clearly not as simple as you're making out.

Please point out to me where I indicated that too many crossed goals worries me equally with cracking my head off a steering wheel? I don't believe I did. I used it as a relevant example in relation to another post unless I've missed something in my post?

You talked about a product recall in relation to your car's airbag, which is generally - although not exclusively - there to stop that happening. Unless you just had a bit of a moment and were just letting us know, then I assume you were using that to support your argument that SI should do some kind of "recall" in updating FM16 in line with FM17. It has absolutely no relevance to software, same as any product. Software runs by a completely different set of rules.

So a full-back makes it to the line and cuts it back to his winger, who crosses for a goal. I'd say that's a pretty key pass, so it's clearly not as simple as you're making out.

No it's not in my opinion. It has never been in FM, either. A key pass is an exceptionally well creative or an really difficult pass made. A backward pass to a striker is not, or else you would have to call every made cross (which is even harder to accomplish than a rather simple backward pass) a key pass. On top of that, the FB will get a massive rating boost anyway because he made an assist.

Even if you could argue about the definition of a key pass, this has never been a problem in previous FMs and I don't see the advantage of having it in the game for those rare situations where a backward pass is really key, for the cost of having a quite unbalanced gameworld. My backup's backup MR just made 14 key passes in his last match... 13 were horizontal backward passes in front of the area. He is on his way to become the player of the year (he has the highest avr rating in the league), and I don't even know why, because he is actually awful, but how can I not let him play with a 7.82 avr rating?

Right now the statistic of key passes is completely flawed, and this is not only a problem for FBs, but for a lot of offensive players. Accordingly the avr rating and all of it's knock-on effects are flawed too for those players. This does impact the gameworld quite a lot (even though it's certainly not unplayable).

So IF (and only IF) this could be changed with an quick low-impact change (like adding one line in the code), I think it should be done. I suppose such a change is not possible in the code (like "if passdirection=backwards, then keypass=false", so much for my programming experience^^), but I thought I could give it a try at least. I am really losing fun and consequently interest in this game, and this has never ever happened after the last update, and I play this franchise since CM01/02.

No it's not in my opinion. It has never been in FM, either. A key pass is an exceptionally well creative or an really difficult pass made. A backward pass to a striker is not, or else you would have to call every made cross (which is even harder to accomplish than a rather simple backward pass) a key pass. On top of that, the FB will get a massive rating boost anyway because he made an assist.

Did you read what I said? If not, I'll elaborate - a full-back, making a great run to the by-line, beating several, and then playing an inch-perfect reverse pass to an unmarked winger behind him (that's the key part), who then crosses for the striker. The full-back hasn't assisted, but instead of firing it across the face of goal (he was under pressure) he played a reverse pass into space. He didn't assist it, but that's a key pass.

But that's semantics. I'm not arguing that key passes are wrongly determined. As far as I'm aware, they have done for a couple of versions. But there is absolutely no way they would ever make a change that meant key passes were purely governed by their direction. That's over-simplifying massively, to say the very least.

• SI Staff
I'm unable to make offers for intake players in this patch. What happens is that i make an offer to the club that gets accepted, and when i get to the contract negotiations the player won't accept any offer, not even when I give him exactly what he asks for, he just counters with an even higher request. This leads to a break in talks after 2-3 turns of negotiations. I'm currently stuck in my save because i refuse to not buy any prospect for an entire year.

Thanks for the feedback Radical,

Do you happen to have a saved game that shows this issue?

If so, could you please post a thread in the http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/523-Transfers-Contracts-and-Scouting-Issues bugs forum and attach a saved game to our FTP to show this further.

Details on how to upload can be found via this link: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/441296

Cheers,

Nic

Did you read what I said? If not, I'll elaborate - a full-back, making a great run to the by-line, beating several, and then playing an inch-perfect reverse pass to an unmarked winger behind him (that's the key part), who then crosses for the striker. The full-back hasn't assisted, but instead of firing it across the face of goal (he was under pressure) he played a reverse pass into space. He didn't assist it, but that's a key pass.

But that's semantics. I'm not arguing that key passes are wrongly determined. As far as I'm aware, they have done for a couple of versions. But there is absolutely no way they would ever make a change that meant key passes were purely governed by their direction. That's over-simplifying massively, to say the very least.

I did read what you said, but I still wouldn't consider your example a key pass situation, even if I understand where you're coming from. Funnily, it wouldn't even be accounted for as a key pass in the game. But that's alright, we can have different opinions on the definition of key passes. It's just that seemingly the very large majority of non-forward key passes are wrongly determined (I haven't detected a single correct one, to be honest, not even by your definition), so this band-aid change would logically do a lot more good than bad, which makes it a valid option in theory.

Anyway, I was just stating my feedback on the state of the game and trying to be constructive, by the literal meaning of the word.

If so, could you please post a thread in the http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/523-Transfers-Contracts-and-Scouting-Issues bugs forum and attach a saved game to our FTP to show this further.

Details on how to upload can be found via this link: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/441296

Cheers,

Nic

Yep will create a thread and upload my save in a minute, but I suppose you wanted to direct me to the match engine sub-forum, not the transfer/scouting sub-forum, correct?

Overall I'm happy with the game and it's improvements year on year.

The closer the ME gets to reality the more and probably unfair scrutiny it will come under.

I am a little disappointed that nothing could be done on this update only in the respect that I have got used to the last update in every edition elavating the engines to an unprecedented level.

However I'm not going to state as others that I will not buy the next edition, because frankly this will never happen as I love the game.

I would like to stress though that the relationship between the community and Si must and should remain strong and that the moderators seem a little over zealous at times.

I'm becoming to think that keepers are useless in this game. I'm playing in lower levels, but even poor quality keepers explains what I've seen.

In my game experience, is far more easy for a goal to be scored where it would be expected much more difficulty. I see lots of keepers being beaten when they just need to jump down or move his arm a little to the side. And I'm not even commenting on the goals when the ball goes through the keeper initial positioning and the ball just met the back of the net. Rushing out seems to be very hard for keepers, if a player shots in his direction when he's rushing out, sometimes the ball goes through keepers closed legs.

Maybe it's nothing, but it's starting to annoy me now that I'm over the crossing thing.

I wouldn't mind paying a couple of quids extra per FM release if SI made future iterations of the Match Engine compatible with any previous version of FM going forward from FM17. For example, when a new ME is available, there would be an in game option to update to the current version, which will then download it from a server. One can also roll back to previous versions if desired.

Had a day or so playing the new release.

Very disappointed to see basic UI bugs like numbers appearing in the Instructions screen instead of text haven't been fixed and that the text commentary still says good keeping from defenders ("Blocked the shot well with his body")

To be fair, isn't Ballon D'or massively reputation weighted, rather than actual performance? Other league-based rewards are probably more on the side of average rating.

Aye, but that was a response to a previous poster who claimed he saw a lot of fullbacks nominated for it. It's something I never look at normally in game, as I don't care, and I'm rarely if ever at a club big enough where one of my players would ever be in the running.

I know someone said there is no significant changes to the ME really, I am struggling in my new save (which I was very much looking forward to). I started with my favourite club Celtic, who have a squad far superior to anyone in the league, 2nd place contenders Aberdeen should not even be close to touching me.

I have had 3 tactics which I developed in the last 2 patches which were very successful, Tested with Celtic, Norwich and Barcelona (all winning honours, the first and the latter in the first season, the second in the third).

So in 20 matches played with Celtic this save round, I have won 10, drawn 7 and lost 3 (this would not be a bad record, if I was not hugely more stronger in quality and depth than my league clubs).

I guess what I am asking is, have I just had terrible luck this time round or are there other factors that have came in with this update that could be affecting my fortunes?

Feedback would be appreciated.

I did note early on my goalkeeper was making incredibly poor decisions, and shots directly at him, would bounce off him and go in, however this seems to have died down now, so I am guessing it was to do with my tactic not being fluid at the start.

You talked about a product recall in relation to your car's airbag, which is generally - although not exclusively - there to stop that happening. Unless you just had a bit of a moment and were just letting us know, then I assume you were using that to support your argument that SI should do some kind of "recall" in updating FM16 in line with FM17. It has absolutely no relevance to software, same as any product. Software runs by a completely different set of rules.

I only brought that up as an example based on the previous poster asking if I ever owned a car or cooker, and if I expected a free update everytime there was an advance in technology. I've since recieved an infraction for that statement despite the fact I didn't compare FM to a Car. I just used an example that was very much valid to a post indicated at me.

I'm done talking about this. I used to have good convos on these forums, now I seem to be a trouble maker.

I only brought that up as an example based on the previous poster asking if I ever owned a car or cooker, and if I expected a free update everytime there was an advance in technology. I've since recieved an infraction for that statement despite the fact I didn't compare FM to a Car. I just used an example that was very much valid to a post indicated at me.

I'm done talking about this. I used to have good convos on these forums, now I seem to be a trouble maker.

I've removed that infraction as I believe Neil inadvertantly believed you began that part of the conversation.

I do believe this is now just a tennis match though and maybe all parties should draw back and reflect a bit on what we have rather than what we haven't :)

Cheers,

Nic

I saved after he signed with his club (Bayern) so unfortunately, no. I tried to reproduce it with some other intakes (various nation's most valued intakes) but it seemed to be an isolated case... He was a fairly costly player but not even that good. Weird.

Guys guys guys , i'm back with some feedback...

I've just made notice of the fact that... ALMOST ALL HIGH RATED FULLBACKS ARE RIGHT SIDED !!!

I think they are aware that it's more prevalent in right backs. To me this is the worst fault of the game. I tested with 2 players playing a game at right back. One a natural and one who was rated as uncomfortable. The natural got a 7.8 rating in one half, the uncomfortable got a 8.2 in the second half (and got man of the match) despite the fact I got beat. LB can be a problem also...but RB is consistent. In my 1st holiday save. Richards, Bellerin, Zabaletta and Clyne were in the top 8 for highest average ratings.

Not enjoying it! Myself and quite a few other who had to re-install FM due to having to factorize or have even just bought the game have insane levels of 'lag' as people call it. The games unplayable and needs to be fixed! :/

Not enjoying it! Myself and quite a few other who had to re-install FM due to having to factorize or have even just bought the game have insane levels of 'lag' as people call it. The games unplayable and needs to be fixed! :/

I suggest you create a post in the tech forum if you have any issues.

I can't believe people complaining about the amount of crosses in a game, that's what football is all about, if you play with either wingbacks/wingers/wide midfielders/ a 4-3-3 with 3 strikers, players will pull out wide to find space on the pitch and crosses will provide a lot of goals. They don't all come from wingers or wingbacks, I've seen crosses from my central midfielders and the deep lying forward, even the advanced forward, some people take this game far too seriously, pick a couple of tactics, sit back and have fun, if you want total control of your players, go play FIFA.

Ever since I have updated to 16.3 my team have become a shambles. In terms of ME I have had CM's passing the ball back to keeper from halfway line only to give away a corner, only about 5% of my shots are on target or the Opp. GK has a worldy, my defenders dont tackle very often and none of my players seem to know how to pass. I have been using the same tactic as in the 16.2 version, and it even started well in this save. My pre season was excellent and the tactics worked brilliantly up until the 2nd game of the season and then it seemed all problems happened at once. I don't understand. Should I try re-installing?

I think I've had more goalkeeper injuries on FM16 than I have the last five or six combined. Which is both good and bad. It was next to impossible to have a goalkeeping injury in some previous versions which was pretty unrealistic, but on the flip side of that, I've been so used to that mechanic that I'm still shocked when my keeper falls foul of a knock for the third time in a season.

Reinstall because you're not winning? No. I personally see no change in team performance post update. Just persevere.

Thanks for the advicebut it isn't just not winning, it's that when watching ME i can see that the Opp team seem to find it easy to play against my team when I'm using a tactic that has always worked well for me in the past. They have more shots, more goals, more possession and my players don't seem to be able to get anything right. Surely there should not be such a vast constrast from updates?

Could be many things Matt, but from what l gather and from my own experience the ME changes haven't been overly drastic. Teams are probably adapting to you, your lads are getting complacent, the usual drawing board stuff, I'd wager.

Thanks mate, just doesn't seem to make sense to me. How can something work so well 1 minute and so badly the next. It seems to be irrepairable during the season aswell. Any tweaks to get them playing better (changing to shorter passing to help with the inaccuracy of passing for example) don't have any effect. I've been playing for yrs and never experienced a problem like this.

P.s I've gone from having a 70-80 win % down to 0 win %. The best I can manage now is a draw. And in the few games that I do score, alot of the time the opp will equalise in the next minute or so.

I can't believe people complaining about the amount of crosses in a game, that's what football is all about, if you play with either wingbacks/wingers/wide midfielders/ a 4-3-3 with 3 strikers, players will pull out wide to find space on the pitch and crosses will provide a lot of goals. They don't all come from wingers or wingbacks, I've seen crosses from my central midfielders and the deep lying forward, even the advanced forward, some people take this game far too seriously, pick a couple of tactics, sit back and have fun, if you want total control of your players, go play FIFA.

Its not really the crossing, its the defending of them thats the problem. Defenfers just standing in the box ball watching, no matter what instructions they have been given

Thanks mate, just doesn't seem to make sense to me. How can something work so well 1 minute and so badly the next. It seems to be irrepairable during the season aswell. Any tweaks to get them playing better (changing to shorter passing to help with the inaccuracy of passing for example) don't have any effect. I've been playing for yrs and never experienced a problem like this.

P.s I've gone from having a 70-80 win % down to 0 win %. The best I can manage now is a draw. And in the few games that I do score, alot of the time the opp will equalise in the next minute or so.

Perhaps head over and post in the tactics forum?

Its not really the crossing, its the defending of them thats the problem. Defenfers just standing in the box ball watching, no matter what instructions they have been given

Yeah I don't think the number of crosses or accuracy of the crosses is the major issue- it's the fact that the few crosses that do find their target reach them when they are wide open thus the ME sees it as a great chance so they are scored from very often. Strangely shots from the center of the goal from through balls, or normal passes seem to be deemed tougher chances than volleys from wider angles. Oh and goalkeepers being very inconsistent in their ability to intercept crosses that are very close to them is an issue re. crosses too.

Yeah I don't think the number of crosses or accuracy of the crosses is the major issue- it's the fact that the few crosses that do find their target reach them when they are wide open thus the ME sees it as a great chance so they are scored from very often. Strangely shots from the center of the goal from through balls, or normal passes seem to be deemed tougher chances than volleys from wider angles. Oh and goalkeepers being very inconsistent in their ability to intercept crosses that are very close to them is an issue re. crosses too.

Very true I was including goalkeepers in the defending very reluctant to come off their line to claim balls

I have had 3 tactics which I developed in the last 2 patches which were very successful, Tested with Celtic, Norwich and Barcelona (all winning honours, the first and the latter in the first season, the second in the third).

So in 20 matches played with Celtic this save round, I have won 10, drawn 7 and lost 3 (this would not be a bad record, if I was not hugely more stronger in quality and depth than my league clubs).

I guess what I am asking is, have I just had terrible luck this time round or are there other factors that have came in with this update that could be affecting my fortunes?

- different players with different traits, typically most notably player preferred moves influencing positioning (gets forward at every opportunity/stays back at all times/arrives late..../drops deep...). Positioning, in particular forward runs, are without doubt the absolutely most sensitive thing in the game. Player runs forward from his default defensive position as outlined on the tactics screen, leaves space behind obviously and may stretch others if there's lack of cover for that. Player doesn't run forward, suddenly the forward may be without support etc. or no options out wide. Also if you tactically rely on an advanced forward type always getting ahead of play and spearheading the lines how effective is that if he's the type of player who rather tends to "drop deep"? And so on.

Research should be far more sensibly assigning those, Arsenal at the start has almost every single wide player available, most prominently the backs, engaging in forward movement even if you insist on otherwise (Wenger would be amused). There's a place for those as with any PPMs, they add depth to the game starting with transfers already, and Marcelo may have made a case for getting one of those back in the summer of 2014. But Arsenal as a squad as per FM is tactically as ill-disciplined as they come. Which means a DB update can change things

- AI managers employing different tactics, outright formations (on an FM 2015 save I suddenly had an influx of opponents who prefered the narrow 4-3-3 and similar with 3 centre forwards as their attacking formation, which can hugely influence dynamics when they switch to this mid-game as central forwards don't track back -- overcommitt and any weak opponent will find it easy to score).

- Random chance in the form of injuries, different fixture lists, but also each match is different, even if you reload against the same opposition as they react to the run of goals (if there are to be any)

I'm becoming to think that keepers are useless in this game. I'm playing in lower levels, but even poor quality keepers explains what I've seen.

In my game experience, is far more easy for a goal to be scored where it would be expected much more difficulty. I see lots of keepers being beaten when they just need to jump down or move his arm a little to the side. And I'm not even commenting on the goals when the ball goes through the keeper initial positioning and the ball just met the back of the net. Rushing out seems to be very hard for keepers, if a player shots in his direction when he's rushing out, sometimes the ball goes through keepers closed legs.

Maybe it's nothing, but it's starting to annoy me now that I'm over the crossing thing.

Further games confirmed my impression. Keepers are useless, I believe the result would be the same if I fielded 10 man without a keeper.

A game ended a draw 1-1 just now. My goal was a cross that was direct to the goal, hit the woodwork, then the goalie drops to the ground to make a save, but the ball is in the edge of 6-yard box. No trouble to my winger to tap it in.

The opposition goal was a right side free kick around mid (maybe 35 yards or a little more) of my defense field, that met the opposition head. The header was directed to keeper, he was in the right spot seconds before the ball arrived, it looked pretty easy to defend, but it goes in. In the 3D the replay, the header was a middle to low height, easy catch, but still managed to get in, even with the right positioning and timing to defend the ball.

The goal was pretty normal in a 2D view, free-kick, opposition beats defence in the air, upper corner, but then, I see the replay and 3D and was just a huge mess. The other one too. Maybe it's a case of not replaying more goals.

Further games confirmed my impression. Keepers are useless, I believe the result would be the same if I fielded 10 man without a keeper.

A game ended a draw 1-1 just now. My goal was a cross that was direct to the goal, hit the woodwork, then the goalie drops to the ground to make a save, but the ball is in the edge of 6-yard box. No trouble to my winger to tap it in.

The opposition goal was a right side free kick around mid (maybe 35 yards or a little more) of my defense field, that met the opposition head. The header was directed to keeper, he was in the right spot seconds before the ball arrived, it looked pretty easy to defend, but it goes in. In the 3D the replay, the header was a middle to low height, easy catch, but still managed to get in, even with the right positioning and timing to defend the ball.

The goal was pretty normal in a 2D view, free-kick, opposition beats defence in the air, upper corner, but then, I see the replay and 3D and was just a huge mess. The other one too. Maybe it's a case of not replaying more goals.

Yes before 3D we never noticed the mistakes as much

In the 14/15 Premier League season the highest assister was Fabregas with 18 assists (I believe a few of these were from set pieces too and that 11 were from open play). In 13/14 the highest assister was Suarez & Gerrard with 13 a piece. Kolorov was the highest assisting full back with 7. In 12/13 the highest assister was Mata with 13. Evra topped the assisting full back chart with 6. This season Ozil is setting Premier League records and already has 18 assists. The highest full back assist rate is Charlie Daniels with 5.

I'm up to 30 games in the Premier League. Kieron Trippier, my right back, is leading the assist charts with 32! My left back Danny Rose has a healthy 17. Rose isn't even in the top 5 assisters. 4 of the top 5 are full backs. They've all chipped in with 20+ assists.

Yes before 3D we never noticed the mistakes as much

And the written commentary to go with the animations. Players make mistakes in real life, on a frequent basis. Goalkeeper animations look especially bad but if the corresponding commentary highlighted the error "The keeper has let the ball squirm under his body, he'll be disappointed with that!" etc. then it wouldn't be so bad. The other problem is that the 3D match visualisation has no bearing to the stats. I've seen games where the stats show I have had one CCC and yet watching the game we've broken through 1 v 1 against their keeper 3 or 4 times. I've seen players make simple mistakes, e.g. give the ball away cheaply in a dangerous place, that lead to an opposition goal and yet that player is rated highly at the end of the game even though I've also witnessed that player make two or three basic errors.

In the 14/15 Premier League season the highest assister was Fabregas with 18 assists (I believe a few of these were from set pieces too and that 11 were from open play). In 13/14 the highest assister was Suarez & Gerrard with 13 a piece. Kolorov was the highest assisting full back with 7. In 12/13 the highest assister was Mata with 13. Evra topped the assisting full back chart with 6. This season Ozil is setting Premier League records and already has 18 assists. The highest full back assist rate is Charlie Daniels with 5.

I'm up to 30 games in the Premier League. Kieron Trippier, my right back, is leading the assist charts with 32! My left back Danny Rose has a healthy 17. Rose isn't even in the top 5 assisters. 4 of the top 5 are full backs. They've all chipped in with 20+ assists.

You need to start by looking at the basics though and make sure you are comparing like for like.

What counts as an assist?

I haven't checked so am presuming here that the number of goals scored is at a similar level to real life as I don't see anyone raising it as an issue. So if we have a similar number of goals in FM compared to RL but many more assists it suggests that FM is recording assists differently & more liberally than RL stats.

You need to start by looking at the basics though and make sure you are comparing like for like.

What counts as an assist?

I haven't checked so am presuming here that the number of goals scored is at a similar level to real life as I don't see anyone raising it as an issue. So if we have a similar number of goals in FM compared to RL but many more assists it suggests that FM is recording assists differently & more liberally than RL stats.

So what you're saying is : If we implement a hockey engine into FM ME, but the same numbers of goals is scored as IRL, nothing is wrong, right ?

And the written commentary to go with the animations. Players make mistakes in real life, on a frequent basis. Goalkeeper animations look especially bad but if the corresponding commentary highlighted the error "The keeper has let the ball squirm under his body, he'll be disappointed with that!" etc. then it wouldn't be so bad. The other problem is that the 3D match visualisation has no bearing to the stats. I've seen games where the stats show I have had one CCC and yet watching the game we've broken through 1 v 1 against their keeper 3 or 4 times. I've seen players make simple mistakes, e.g. give the ball away cheaply in a dangerous place, that lead to an opposition goal and yet that player is rated highly at the end of the game even though I've also witnessed that player make two or three basic errors.

CCC's haven't been right for ages. Or, probably more accurately, what FM considers a CCC doesn't always match up with what most people would consider a CCC.

Archived