Football Manager 2016 16.3.0 Feedback Thread

I really don't get everyone's issue with the crossing by full backs. No matter the system I use, my full backs are crap and very rarely get above a rating of 7. I've even tried replicating the systems people who are having the issue but still I don't get the same results as them. Full backs are rubbish on my saves and if I hadn't seen all the issues other people had been having I probably would've put in the feedback thread that I think goals from crosses aren't regular enough. I really don't see the issue on my games.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now we can't evaluate how many people are experiencing the same issues (out of 27 people who voted 66.66 have experienced the issues) that indicates that it's not a small spread of players experiencing it. Maybe a small spread of users feel it's game breaking, and game breaking is a matter of personal preference which isn't an accurate value for research purposes, (I'm a researcher for a living) research should always be based on facts and personal opinion should never be used as an overall method of gauging anything. However, the majority are experiencing the problem.

You sir, are a bloody shoddy researcher if you do it for a living if you're using a poll of 27 people to gauge a 'majority' of people who are playing the game.

I understand they are complex problems. But perhaps they should have been more focused on improving what they have rather than adding a pointless feature like manager appearance. I long miss the days where all we had was text commentary."

Right, so you CAN play in text commentary for this version. How do you know if the game was completely unbalanced when there was a text only version or not? Did you count how many goals you scored via crosses in that version?

Now we can't evaluate how many people are experiencing the same issues (out of 27 people who voted 66.66 have experienced the issues) that indicates that it's not a small spread of players experiencing it. Maybe a small spread of users feel it's game breaking, and game breaking is a matter of personal preference which isn't an accurate value for research purposes, (I'm a researcher for a living) research should always be based on facts and personal opinion should never be used as an overall method of gauging anything. However, the majority are experiencing the problem.

I don't really think any issue is truly game breaking, all of them together though make it unenjoyable. First FM ever where I've ever had so many issues left in the final game, and this is why I won't gamble on paying for a game that I worry won't please me next year again.

A lot of people who don't post on the forms are possibly casual gamers or just don't care about the net...I know a lot of my friends who still play it aren't as hardcore into the game as I still am. They play it but don't really pay attention to anything unless its a crash.

Unfortunately for me, the game is unplayable and it seems to be one of the best games in a long time which is even more frustrating for me.

The bolded part is very key. A game-breaking bug literally means that the game is broken and can't be used. As in it crashing, and not able to be opened by a large number of people. That's game-breaking. Unfortunately that phrase is now bandied around all over the place. Unenjoyable is actually a good substitute, and is a lot more apt. A number of subjective issues can build up to make a game you don't enjoy at all - I didn't enjoy early FM versions after loving later CM ones, so I didn't buy a version until FM13. I didn't particularly enjoy FM14 or 15 either, despite there being nothing really wrong with the game.

But then you spoil it by throwing out the game-breaking synonym "unplayable". I know you added the personal qualifier, but the game isn't and has never been unplayable. Unenjoyable is a much better one to use.

On the subject of crossing in the ME, I did notice more in the earlier versions up to 16.2, but can't say it really bothered me. I conceded some, I benefited from some, big who-cares-ies. It's a game, and I enjoyed it. Having played a few games in 16.3, there does seem to be slightly fewer, although given there have been only very minor changes in the ME, it's probably down to a different approach and team, rather than anything behind the scenes.

Interface seems a lot more responsive, and after loading up a save with every stock nation loaded to bottom level, I was actually quite impressed at how the game processed.

You're making the claim of bias because I don't agree with you, I've just said its not affecting the game for me. I tried to actually make use of it to my own ends during a tough spell of games but it didn't work. So it's not as easily achieved in my eyes.

Then you move on to trying to distort my words because you're again trying to embellish and emphasise your own point. You're no longer contributing anything useful to the discussion or feedback process. What exactly are you aiming to achieve now? That's my main question, you've been given an answer and reasoning from SI that explains their process. You're unhappy and that's fine, but SI have a track record of annual iteration and improvement. Perhaps you feel you're right and just making this stand now, but it happens annually people make these anger-fuelled claims about the game. It doesn't help to progress the resolution of issues, and if anything probably detracts from helping as an awful lot of what is then thrown at SI is irrelevant and they still have to sift through it.

How is this exactly, playable dear sir ?

Italy:

Average ratings :

Serie_A_TIM_Stats_Player_Detailed.jpg

7/10 fullbacks in TOP 10.... (Florenzi was played as a RB for AS ROMA)

5/5 in TOP 5 !!!!!!!!!!!

Assists charts:

Serie_A_TIM_Stats_Player_Detailed_2.jpg

5/10 fullbacks in TOP 10.

Si could implement Hockey ME into FM and you could still call this game, technically, playable.

Now do you understand where my negativity comes from ?

• Administrators
How is this exactly, playable dear sir ?

Italy:

Average ratings :

Serie_A_TIM_Stats_Player_Detailed.jpg

7/10 fullbacks in TOP 10.... (Florenzi was played as a RB for AS ROMA)

5/5 in TOP 5 !!!!!!!!!!!

Assists charts:

Serie_A_TIM_Stats_Player_Detailed_2.jpg

5/10 fullbacks in TOP 10.

Because Italian teams generally play narrower formations the full backs have more opportunity to overlap. But it's the same playing field for both user and AI. I don't know how many times we need to keep referring users to post #350 as a response to this?

Because Italian teams generally play narrower formations the full backs have more opportunity to overlap. But it's the same playing field for both user and AI. I don't know how many times we need to keep referring users to post #350 as a response to this?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/454048-Full-backs-overpowered-flawed-stats

It's not only about Italy.

And check whoscored.com stats.

No fullbacks in top 10 assists charts in Serie A.Your argument is TOTALLY invalid.

Alexivan, I've removed your last post. I suggest you step away for a while and calm down before you find yourself on an enforced break. You're not being constructive now, you're just ranting.

I agree. I was just trying to edit the post in a more "constructive" manner as above. Sorry about that.

• Administrators
http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/454048-Full-backs-overpowered-flawed-stats

It's not only about Italy.

And check whoscored.com stats.

No fullbacks in top 10 assists charts in Serie A.Your argument is TOTALLY invalid.

I wasn't arguing that it happens in real life, I'm stating why it seems to happen more in-game in Italy.

• SI Staff

AI lack of Squad Rotation: So many players are playing the full 38 games a season in the league which is not common in this day and age even for smaller clubs (GKS aisde). One or two players at every club might make the full 38 games but most teams are having either half or over half play the full 38 games....This then leads to incredible stats for goals. Jamie Vardy played 38 times and scored 42 goals in the Premier League, Romelu Lukaku played 38 and scored 36, Vardy is having a wonderful season IRL, I looked into the game and he managed to score a few hat tricks /braces but he also went a lot of games without goals. If he didn't play every game his goal tally would have been more realistic and probably more closer to the 30 goal mark. Pretty much the same with Lukaku.

- Just a quick note on this: Vardy and Lukaku have both started every single Premier League game in real-life so far this season, usually playing the full 90 in each. If in FM they were dropped from the starting XI, without injury or suspension, that would arguably be an issue.

I wasn't arguing that it happens in real life, I'm stating why it seems to happen more in-game in Italy.

1). I don't complain because of User vs. AI argument (that in some way the ME gives AI the edge). I'm not that dumb.

2). You've stated that because they are playing narrower formations the full backs have more opportunity to overlap. This is not a valid argument from my point of view, for them to perform so good. If i wanna buy a right back, when searching through my shortlist, what am i supposed to do ? Ignore all Italy fullbacks ratings, because they are played in narrower formations? Then what ? Ignore Messi/Suarez/Neymar ratings because they are playing for Barcelona ?

3). Please, for the sake of my sanity, don't ignore IRL stats vs. in-game stats. After all, your team repeatedly stated they are trying to replicate IRL stats. And what happens in my save, has absolutely nothing to do with reality.

• Administrators
1). I don't complain because of User vs. AI argument (that in some way the ME gives AI the edge). I'm not that dumb.

2). You've stated that because they are playing narrower formations the full backs have more opportunity to overlap. This is not a valid argument from my point of view, for them to perform so good. If i wanna buy a right back, when searching through my shortlist, what am i supposed to do ? Ignore all Italy fullbacks ratings, because they are playing narrower formations?

3). Please, for the sake of my sanity, don't ignore IRL stats vs. in-game stats. After all, your team repeatedly stated they are trying to replicate IRL stats. And what happens in my save, has absolutely nothing to do with reality.

Okay, as you’re aware the staff here at SI read the forums so clearly we’re aware that some users are experiencing some issues with the way that crosses are defended. From the numbers we’ve had feeding back to us this only seems to affect a relatively small number players and largely depends on those player's tactics. Saying that, we did take a long, hard look at it and ultimately decided that given potential knock-ons and the major impact it would have had on user’s tactics that it wasn’t something we could tweak without unbalancing the match engine and worsening the user’s playing experience.

As anyone who’s played FM for a while knows, we’re constantly striving to make the match engine a 100 per cent perfect simulation of real football. While we’re still some way away from achieving this goal, we do feel that we’re getting closer and closer and this progress is helped enormously by the constructive feedback that we get here on the forums. We’re happy with the match engine which is included in version 16.3.0 and we’ve only been able to get up to this point thanks to everyone who has been involved in the game’s development, be it SI staff members, beta testers or those of you posting here on the forums.

Having spoken at length about this with the match team, there is some good news to report in that the work the team have done in trying to address this issue long-term has led to some other major improvements which, once they’re fully implemented, will make any future versions of the match engine better for everyone.

All I would add to that is that you should give the new update a thorough play-through and let us know what you think when you’ve had a chance to put it through its paces. That's what this thread is here for.

Many thanks.

All I would add to that is that you should give the new update a thorough play-through and let us know what you think when you’ve had a chance to put it through its paces. That's what this thread is here for.

Many thanks.

Dear SI Staff/team.

I just did.

Here are the results:

As you can see here, there are lots of average fullbacks outperforming most world-class players.

As i write this, i will continue to enjoy my save, while taking over the world with a FULL FULLBACKS team.

Many thanks.

Now do you understand where my negativity comes from ?

Not in the slightest. For a number of years its been made pretty clear that the match engine processes stats in different ways to real life. I expect this is mostly due to technical limitations/obstructions that at this time they haven't yet managed to overcome. Possession being a prime example. Clear cut chances, tackling and a couple other stats the game keeps track of all work different from what we come to know in real life.

If you get this wound up about player ratings and how they work, wait until you find out that in all likeliness not all the attributes players have mean what you think they mean.

The games perfectly playable, you're choosing ultimately to let this issue affect you and only getting more and more wound up by it which is the cycle you're now trapped in. You have my sympathies but the situation has been explained, you can either accept it and move on with your life or you can waste more time getting angered but ultimately the issues are resolved when its right and they're not rushed potentially creating worse issues.

mods, where am i able to voice my opinion on the current state of this game and the direction i feel it's heading? i appreciate this may not be the correct thread so if you would be so kind as to let me where is appropriate, that would be appreciated. ta.

mods, where am i able to voice my opinion on the current state of this game and the direction i feel it's heading? i appreciate this may not be the correct thread so if you would be so kind as to let me where is appropriate, that would be appreciated. ta.

As long as it's feedback about 16.3 and doesn't go against the forum rules, here is fine.

As a reminder: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/370304-Failure-to-Read-or-Follow-House-Rules?goto=newpost

you can either accept it and move on with your life or you can waste more time getting angered but ultimately the issues are resolved when its right and they're not rushed potentially creating worse issues.

This.

I'm not talking about an issue that existed since FM started and can't be easily implemented (like high pressing/AI in general/etc.).

I'm talking about an issue we never had until FM 15 at least: Player ratings. So since FM15 they did something that created a worse issues for some of us...

Defending crossing wasn't an issue last year with FM15.

What happened between FM15 and FM16 that made this problem rear it's ugly head?

And why wasn't the same policy adopted as has been for this update to leave things alone because it would make things worse?

Also I thought 1 of the advantages of the game being distributed through Steam would be that Si would be able to update as and when required, this has seemed to have fallen by the wayside in recent times.

We are only in March yet we are told that the book has been closed on improving the ME on this edition, Why?

Os, we always get 3 updates. Every year and every year at around the same time. At some point SI need to focus mainly on the next version and if you read the posts, this is a significant fix that is required.

Os, we always get 3 updates. Every year and every year at around the same time. At some point SI need to focus mainly on the next version and if you read the posts, this is a significant fix that is required.

But 1 of the reasons Steam was going to be great for us the consumer was that it would be easier and would lead to more regular updates, if you read back this was clearly thrown out as a good reason to have the imposing steam platform on our systems.

I remember getting at least 3 if not more patches pre Steam.

But 1 of the reasons Steam was going to be great for us the consumer was that it would be easier and would lead to more regular updates, if you read back this was clearly thrown out as a good reason to have the imposing steam platform on our systems.

I remember getting at least 3 if not more patches pre Steam.

Yes, but they're smaller, quick fixes for something urgent like technical issues preventing users from playing the game. There are always xx.1, xx.2 and xx.3 updates and you're talking about xx.1.x etc. type small updates.

This doesn't apply to the situation.

I was very happy with my new fullback regen who get nearly 9 rating each year and who replaced Messi in the "Ballon d'or" trophy accumulation until I read this thread.

I know team at SI make their best to offer the best possible game. But I understand the frustration of many users. And some of them are right when they say that most users don't post their complains here. This is the majority of us.

Many of us will complains but will still play the game, as we do since 1998. Because we can't stop playing Football Manager.

Anyway. My goal was to post on another issue that I can't find in Bug Forum : the way that wingers/inside forward shot from byline when there is no possibility to shot. I've tried every PI to stop this but I see this behavior each matches. And this is the biggest frustration for me. I never see in in real life matches and in FM, even Messi will try to shot when he is on the line and with 3 players blocking the goal.

Has anyone noticed this issue also?

guys please help me out! i keep getting crash dumps since today. do i have to upload the crash dump file somewhere or else how should i proceed???

There are general tech related things to do: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437015-Football-Manager-2016-Frequently-Asked-Questions?p=10524479&viewfull=1#post10524479

If you're still having issues and assuming you're on PC, post here also listing what you have done and tried: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/520-Crashes-Launch-and-Technical-Issues-on-PC

Anyway. My goal was to post on another issue that I can't find in Bug Forum : the way that wingers/inside forward shot from byline when there is no possibility to shot. I've tried every PI to stop this but I see this behavior each matches. And this is the biggest frustration for me. I never see in in real life matches and in FM, even Messi will try to shot when he is on the line and with 3 players blocking the goal.

Has anyone noticed this issue also?

Indeed. Very annoying.

Also, seems like there is some sort of throw in bug if you get an attacking throw in close to the byline more often than not your player will throw it straight at the opposition.

As SI have moved on and are working on FM17 now, if and when they solve the issues with crossing and FB ratings for the upcoming release, is it not possible to release a small patch on steam for FM16? Wouldn't the code for the Match Engine still be roughly the same where it could be adjusted for FM16 to include the fix? I think releasing something like this would be a great gesture even if it takes as long as Sep/Oct 2016 for people who want to continue to play an older version and want to get their money's worth.

What bothers me most, is that quite 'easy' problems (like this one) weren't solved, although the bug status was marked as 'resolved' a long time ago. Still, most close games just get 1 or 2 minutes of stoppage time. It can't be that difficult to adjust, can it?

And, just like I said earlier, it's already 2,5 years that literally each AI team uses the same defensive corner routine. Set pieces are an important aspect of football, and exactly knowing how each opponent will line up, is just... stupid. Off course, it's not game breaking, but, if I'm being cynical, what would be, except for random crashes of the game. It's the first time in the many, many years that I've been playing and buying FM (since CM 03/04, to be precise) that I feel like SI let the customers down and didn't put enough effort to make this game (FM16) really better, more realistic. (Which is the goal of a simulation game.) You can't keep on promising that most things will be much better in the next FM. It's the same story every year. And it isn't always true, most especially this year. I'm disappointed.

Defending crossing wasn't an issue last year with FM15.

What happened between FM15 and FM16 that made this problem rear it's ugly head?

And why wasn't the same policy adopted as has been for this update to leave things alone because it would make things worse?

Also I thought 1 of the advantages of the game being distributed through Steam would be that Si would be able to update as and when required, this has seemed to have fallen by the wayside in recent times.

We are only in March yet we are told that the book has been closed on improving the ME on this edition, Why?

Defending crossing might be a new issue for FM16, but issues with crossing in general were very much present in FM15 as well until it was patched out.

In a way FM16 and FM15 suffered from the same problems. Only this time it seemingly didn't get patched out properly with the 16.3.0 update.

Just checked my own crossing stats for the first time and the assists from crossing are quite high. No idea if they're abnormally high but they are dominant.

Having said that though, i watch every game on comprehensive and i haven't seen anything that stands out for me.

What i have noticed is that full-back backpasses to the goalie don't result in corner-kicks so often.

Another issue that was present in FM15 until it was fixed with a patch.

Also crosses that end up as goals has also been fixed. Good stuff.

That issue was also present in FM15 before it was fixed.

Having finished a season now i have to say i'm happy with the update.

UI smoother. What i mentioned above has been fixed.

I do wonder though if the stat pack issue, in the Chilean league system, i reported before 16.2.0 was fixed. It wasn't fixed with 16.2.0.

I'm not managing there anymore so i have no idea if it got the attention it needed.

It was flat out broken. Nor did i get any response to the question in the 16.2.0 feedback thread either (that i could see and i've tried to read it all).

So, was it fixed?

Overall, i'm very happy with the update.

we did take a long, hard look at it and ultimately decided that given potential knock-ons and the major impact it would have had on user’s tactics that it wasn’t something we could tweak without unbalancing the match engine and worsening the user’s playing experience. [/color]

Thanks very much for the (repeated) clarification, Neil. I have experienced some of the discussed potential issues, however I am satisfied with the explanation.

I usually avoid the feedback thread, as I find it never gives me more enjoyment playing the game, only less. This year I have made an exception because I have less time to study the game on my own, and appreciate the comments of others. However I am deadly serious when I say that this thread should really come with a disclaimer in the OP stating that Reading this thread will diminish your enjoyment of the game!

Case in point being that the first two goals I conceded on this version (bought the game at release) were crosses. Having already read in here that there was a suspected issue, I felt awkward. Kind of deflated, but in a much more sweary way. It's only because I knew I shouldn't have read the thread that it didn't diminish my enjoyment or stop me from playing.

Since that point I have done absolutely rubbish, but definitely not in a way that makes me have an issue with any kind of "crossing exploit." And I am also really enjoying the game I have going. I would make a sincere personal recommendation to everyone here that they resolve to avoid this thread as much as possible, and as a result enjoy the game more.

My personal experience is in line with many people who have posted in here, and I voted for "but it doesn't really bother me" in the now deceased poll.

The only thing that really, really bothers me is that the average ratings of full backs are leading them to go into the favoured personnel for me every season so far (7,) which is really annoying as the favoured personnel feature is one of my favourite bits of the game. I have noticed this trend at AI clubs also, which is equally annoying, and also that awards such as player of the month etc are being unrealistically dominated by full backs. I really hate this, and even full backs who aren't registering many assists are consistently outrating players who in my opinion are much higher quality and also performing better. This is my only serious issue with the game, specifically because it is messing up my favoured personnel :(

In terms of the whole crossing discussion, I am not sure what to add. My own experiences are very conflicting in all honesty, and one reason why I am happy with your explanation above is that I don't believe there is a problem with crossing in general. For me, the output in terms of numbers (crosses made, completed, assists, etc) seems a little erratic and extreme at times, but seems to fit within the context of everything else that is going on. That is to say I don't think there is a hugely unusual bias towards goals from crosses overall, and on the whole there is a decent spread of goals from different areas.

However, when looking at crosses in isolation, rather than in the context of the overall end result, there is one major problem in my opinion.

That would be the lack of variety of crosses, or at least the lack of variety in crosses that directly lead to goals. The long, curling cross deep to the backpost dominates in terms of type of cross goals for me. I have two problems with this - firstly it's really annoying and easy to notice. I feel that the numbers of goals from crosses is fine, but it FEELS like it is way too many just through the fact that the back post floating cross goals are pretty much the same on every occasion they happen. It FEELS like I'm always conceding (or scoring) from crosses more than I actually am. Secondly, this is an incredibly hard ball to pull off, yet FBs with the crappiest tekkers can still seem to perform it effectively. I just really don't like this specific type of goal. I don't feel like I am conceding to (or scoring from) wide play as much as I am conceding to (or scoring from) this specific goal. If other types of crosses would end in goals more frequently, IN PLACE of the floaty-deep back post ball, then I would be happy.

Secondly, and this is more of a cause, is the huge space that full backs (or wide players in general) can get out wide. For me there needs to be more lateral movement of defenses as a unit. There is that "move" in football that you see hundreds of times per game, where a full back marking a winger stops marking that player and moves backwards to track an overlapping run, with his wide teammate now tracking the full back who positions himself to cross from deep. I am seeing way too much of full backs ignoring the overlapping run to close down the ball carrier when his priority should be the deepest man. This is full back 101. In tandem with this I'm not seeing enough wide support from more advanced wide players in helping avoid this 2 on 1 situation. These observations are both for and against me.

So with those as my two issues I'm slightly disappointed that there is no fix but also understanding of why that is the case. Especially as changing the definition of a key pass (if that is indeed what needs to be done) would certainly have ridiculous knock on effects on ratings. The variety of crosses issue also seems a tough one, as how could this be changed without totally affecting the balance of crosses on the whole?

My major gripe in term of my game being affected is that for me favoured personnel will not work until the next version of the game. It's a really unfortunate side effect of what I don't think is a huge issue on its own.

and again, YKW wins the "non existing +1 button award".

really my feelings as well. seems that crossing thing is some deeper issue within ME that none of us on this forums can fully understand. hopefully SI can. but what really kills immersion (for me) is the match rating issue for FB's. it has ton of knock on effects and if FM was real world most expensive players in the world would be full backs as they are, according to ratings, match winners. another knock on is that it shows how wrongly AI interprets the player prices. even if they aren't most valuable players on the pitch (according to the game) they still cost most money. no logic there.

match ratings are real killers for me and it is going on for few years if not a decade. apart fullbacks, DM's are also affected.

Since the update, my FM lags big time. I mean from the start of loading the game up, warming up, and actually playing a match. Takes ages!! Use to fly through. Any reason why? I'm using a MacBook and also an IMac.

Haven't had these issues before.

I'm in season 2021-22, and I've just got the news item about the 35 man shortlist for the Ballon D'or.

David Alaba is the only fullback among them. I'm delighted I always seem to have a different game than everyone else. :p

Strange you should say that Dave, I've just got that message myself in 2018 & there are six defenders on the list, all DCs. Only two can even play fullback and they are Toby Alderweireld & Emre Can.

EDIT

I did think it might be linked to reputation so I've had a flick through some of the top teams and TBH the only fullback that I thought was unlucky not to make the list was Marcelo.

3 RB's in the top 8 for POTM's in the Prem. 4 FB's in the top ten for average match rating. 3 in the top ten for most assists. 4 in the top ten for most key passes.

Bellerin top in all of these and he's managed by the AI.

Interestingly the Spanish league (which is run on full detail) doesn't seem to have the same bias towards full backs. Koke is top with 11 assists and 22 key passes. The amount of key passes seems awful low considering Bellerin is top with 147 and 7 other players have over 100.

Can I just say that I really hope for 2017 player happiness issues are sorted out. After 10 games I am top of the Premier League (it won't last!!) and so far I haven't lost a game but already I have three players moaning that they aren't starting games. Now surely a bit of common sense is required on this issue. If we were mid table and had lost a few I could understand this to an extent but top and unbeaten, surely professional footballers would be sensible about this (or I hope they would) and see the logic that as a Manager you can't necessarily change a winning team,. I understand rotation of sorts but as I say a little common sense needs to be added depending on a teams circumstances and position in table, run of form, players performance etc. It's made all the more irritating because of the answers you have as an option when a player moans. So far I haven't seen the option of "I can't change a winning team" or something similar that spells it out to the player that it's NOT him or his ability that is the problem, it's just the circumstances that the team finds itself in at the present time.

Can I just say that I really hope for 2017 player happiness issues are sorted out. After 10 games I am top of the Premier League (it won't last!!) and so far I haven't lost a game but already I have three players moaning that they aren't starting games. Now surely a bit of common sense is required on this issue. If we were mid table and had lost a few I could understand this to an extent but top and unbeaten, surely professional footballers would be sensible about this (or I hope they would) and see the logic that as a Manager you can't necessarily change a winning team,. I understand rotation of sorts but as I say a little common sense needs to be added depending on a teams circumstances and position in table, run of form, players performance etc. It's made all the more irritating because of the answers you have as an option when a player moans. So far I haven't seen the option of "I can't change a winning team" or something similar that spells it out to the player that it's NOT him or his ability that is the problem, it's just the circumstances that the team finds itself in at the present time.

In full mode(you play Touch, right?), it is often an option, I've had the option often to say, "X player is in the form of his life, I can't drop him so you need to wait for your shot".

In full mode(you play Touch, right?), it is often an option, I've had the option often to say, "X player is in the form of his life, I can't drop him so you need to wait for your shot".

That's not the option he wants though.

That's not the option he wants though.

Bit in bold.

s but as I say a little common sense needs to be added depending on a teams circumstances and position in table, run of form, players performance etc.

Feedback on FM16:

Really enjoyed this year's version. Best ME yet, by far; I was fairly disappointed by 15, and feel that 16 managed to fix most of the major problems, especially the severe number of tackles and the lack of strategy in wide play. Loved especially having to balance getting fullbacks forward and defending; I think this was the first version I've used Limited Fullbacks on since roles were introduced.

Would love to see some of the gamier elements removed in future versions. The 'January shuffle' in particular, where your team suddenly loses its form and couldn't beat a League 2 side... kinda sick of it after all these years playing FM :(

Played 10 seasons on one save this year, the most I've done in a long time. Still don't enjoy playing with fake players and have trouble getting into the whole regen thing, but I have to admit they seem much better balanced than the last time I did a long term save. One thing that sticks out is the game still likes producing low bravery defensive-minded players, which seems like it's been a problem for a long time. Shoulder shrugging stuff mostly.

Wow I spent a lot of time on the game this year, so... well done SI. See you next year.

Bit in bold.

I get that, but he wants the option to say the team is performing well. There are plenty of player positions where the rating doesn't reflect their importance to the team (such as DM) and selecting the "player x is playing too well" option probably won't work there, even if the team is doing well.

The "the team is playing too well, I don't want to change things up" is a glaring miss in terms of appropriate responses to a player wanting to play more.

I get that, but he wants the option to say the team is performing well. There are plenty of player positions where the rating doesn't reflect their importance to the team (such as DM) and selecting the "player x is playing too well" option probably won't work there, even if the team is doing well.

The "the team is playing too well, I don't want to change things up" is a glaring miss in terms of appropriate responses to a player wanting to play more.

It is undoubtedly true that trying to keep all the squad happy with playing time is difficult and at times almost impossible and sometimes this is purely because of the responses available ( or not available). There are times when you feel that you are selecting a team, not just to win a match but because of the need to give players x and y game time. I find it hard to believe that managers have to do this to the same extent in real life. I am fairly sure that the module is working as intended by the coders, but consider that the balance needs some adjustment.

and again, YKW wins the "non existing +1 button award".

really my feelings as well. seems that crossing thing is some deeper issue within ME that none of us on this forums can fully understand. hopefully SI can. but what really kills immersion (for me) is the match rating issue for FB's. it has ton of knock on effects and if FM was real world most expensive players in the world would be full backs as they are, according to ratings, match winners. another knock on is that it shows how wrongly AI interprets the player prices. even if they aren't most valuable players on the pitch (according to the game) they still cost most money. no logic there.

match ratings are real killers for me and it is going on for few years if not a decade. apart fullbacks, DM's are also affected.

I would say every position is affected. I pretty much pay 0 attention to average ratings to decide on substitutions or changes for future matches. It's all down to what I see on the field or I will occasionally look at individual stats for win/loss record, tackles made, shot accuracy etc. This is the first year the rating system has been this noticeably broken.

Wasn't there something along the lines of "I can't risk upsetting our good form"? I remember an option like that, but can't remember seeing it recently.

I have seen this response but the problem is that it rarely appears when that is what you want to say. The best responses are all available but the game is making the choice of what is available and not the responder, so the choices are limited. I know that I wouldnt mind scrolling down a list of all the available responses to find the best one.

Was changing skins about on the game to make use of the fix mentioned previously to get the auto-continue timer back in place and went back onto the FM Touch skin. I find the cursor is incredibly easy to lose on the white background of boxes if you're not following the cursor or you look away and look back. The grey outline doesn't add enough contrast for my eyes the main culprit is the home screen with the different white box segments for player stats, board confidence, the table and the competitions screen. A lot of the other screens either have the functionality that on mouseover the object you're on has a light grey background, or like on the news segment the main content region has a grey segment within it making it easy to find the mouse still. Could probably do with the cursor border pixel just being a bit darker.

Archived