*Official* Football Manager 2013 Constructive non-ME Feedback Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
I really don't think that's true. If it's simply implication of tactics then there must be a super tactic setting that i'm not aware of - I've followed a similar route to previous years that have led to enjoyable game play and i'm getting nothing out of it so unless the ME has changed radically and fundamentally i can't see how that assertion is correct.

It is true.

And yes in certain areas the ME has changed radically and fundamentally :-)

Doesnt matter what you think, its the truth, and yes the ME has made major changes to it this year. What worked in FM12 and before may not work in FM13.

Let's not get in to the semantics of it, if the game play feels crooked then there's something wrong. I've spent time looking at the tactics, reading guides, experimenting etc nothing changes the issues i'm having with the game. At present it's flawed and as a consumer i'm not enjoying it. that's the bottom line.

Let's not get in to the semantics of it, if the game play feels crooked then there's something wrong. I've spent time looking at the tactics, reading guides, experimenting etc nothing changes the issues i'm having with the game. At present it's flawed and as a consumer i'm not enjoying it. that's the bottom line.

Have you checked out the posts by wwfan in the Beta feedback thread? I'm not sure if is more pronounced that in previous versions, but found that implementing wwfan's advice re "moving between the lines" and general strategy made instant, visible differences. I don't believe the ME is flawed to such a degree that it is impossible to work with.

Semantics have nothing to do with it, simple fact is the ME has changed big time, what worked before may not work now. Take a look at where your going wrong and build a new tactic, plenty on here will give you good advice on what you can do to help your team perform better.

My feedback:

It is a real shame that you have not given a "Classic view" option for matches. This is a total deal breaker for me and after half an hour on the beta I uninstalled it and cancelled my pre-order.

Not to be melodramatic, I know nobody else will care and SI certainly don't care about losing one customer, but I am feeling such a sense of loss at something which has been part of my life for so very long. I just never thought I'd stop playing FM.

• Administrators
Really weird, I purchased one thing from the Store (Scouting) and now it seems to have removed the transfer windows.. the window didn't end at the end of august.. currently at the 3rd of September.. will report it if the window doesn't end soon!

That shouldn't be happening - can you post this in the FMC Gameplay Bugs Forum please?

Really weird, I purchased one thing from the Store (Scouting) and now it seems to have removed the transfer windows.. the window didn't end at the end of august.. currently at the 3rd of September.. will report it if the window doesn't end soon!

What club are you?

• Administrators
What club are you?

Could be a factor, won't affect those in the lowest league, and the free transfer/loan windows are open a bit longer than that too. GeshEmpty, let me know if you can what the issue is either way.

What club are you?

QPR, 2nd season now.

That shouldn't be happening - can you post this in the FMC Gameplay Bugs Forum please?

Ok, will do.

Clubs are still buying and selling etc.. I didn't get the usual message saying the transfer window is now closed either..

0cdbc3400adfcb64f8fb089fb51bffb8.png

Ok, the window just closed on the 3rd of September, is this normal now? did I miss something? why the 3rd?

I wonder if I'm the only one who notices this problem or not.

How many times do players dribble past/run past their oppenents?(yes they do when they are running at left or right side of the pitch but I mean other than those)

From my experience,it is very rarely,maybe even rarer than rarely that players dribble past/run past their oppenents.

But maybe the full version of the game doesn't have this problem?I have the demo of the game.

Is this considered a bug,can I post this to bugs section?

Tried this. Didn't work.

Restarted Steam several times. Didn't work.

On my game list I see: Football Manager 2013 - Update required.

I double click it and I get a window open that says: Updating Football Manager 2013. But the progress doesn't move. After a while I get an error saying: An error occured updating Football Manager (connection timeout).

I don't want to be forgotten. At the moment I have a game I have paid for that I cannot play because of this issue.

Is there any way to get the editor shortcut to display it's proper icon? That and the resource editor are 'blank' white pages while the FM icon is it's black 13 logo. Not really a big problem, but a cosmetic blemish on my desktop none the less. Thanks in advance

Is there any way to get the editor shortcut to display it's proper icon? That and the resource editor are 'blank' white pages while the FM icon is it's black 13 logo. Not really a big problem, but a cosmetic blemish on my desktop none the less. Thanks in advance

I agree, though not overly important.

What is important is that creating new players/staff won't show up in the game. Needs to be fixed asap really..

Just played a couple of pre-season games and the ME is better just needs some tweaking to FBs IMHO.

I did notice one thing though Spurs appointed Rafael Benítez as their new manager about 2 days into the sim, but there was no news of AVB getting sacked and when I checked AVB's profile he was still listed as Spurs manager but on the Spurs screen, Rafael Benítez is listed as manager.

Quick feedback re First Impressions:

Love the Preview Screen telling me that Chelsea are hot on my heels and a win could mean I get overttaken if I lose to Tottenham and that if Tottenham win puts them in 2nd place and a chance for qualifying in the Champions Cup ..nice green scrolling print.

Imported faces and badges etc still working no issues - they work fine.

Ok, so far played three games, same team, differing tactics and games set to highlights>extended. Very early first impressions no issues with ME as yet. My tactics are modified tactics from FM12 to take account of the ME changes. I am not as "fluid" as I would like so need to tweak some things. In fact lost the first two games because of tactics rather than any ME errors. Third game played around with tactics and shouts and seen a marked improvement in performance, even nicked a 1-0 win.

ME looks to be improved and game appears to be playing a lot smoother. Not as many sliding and dancing players.

Early days but thumbs up from me to date.

Another bit of feedback - unfortunately I cannot record this because it always says "Clip must be between 10 and 60 seconds long" - even though it was 15 seconds.

Anyway, I just had a goal disallowed for a push on the keeper. The keeper then placed the ball for a free kick and just stood there for ages, after a couple of seconds my striker just literally walked up to the ball and knocked it in the net and the goal stood!

So an exact re-creation of Man Utd V Spurs last year then?

Happy to reply to this even though it's a data issue and this isn't the data forum.

Daly absolutely does look like a machine, I grant you that, but the key are his stats for pace and acceleration, which are the most heavily weighted stats in the game when rating players.

Jon Daly is - in my opinion - a very good SPL striker who is also a good centre back when required. Could he make it at a higher level like the Premiership? Doubtful, because of the reason noted above. His key attributes - his lack of pace and acceleration - would show him up.

I'm happy with 16 for finishing, as it's the same as the finishing stat for the likes of Hooper (who only managed to pull away from Daly in the scoring charts in last season's SPL in the final two games), Sandaza and Higdon, who were also among the top SPL finishers last season.

His aggression was lowered because it was too high previously. He's not actually that aggressive. Nothing to do with agendas.

If I want Jon Daly to be a CA 121 player, those stats given to him make him a CA 121 player, 2 points ahead of Michael Higdon. Georgios Samaras is a CA 125 player, while Gary Hooper is a CA 134 player. I find that fair, and so did my research team.

I'm sorry if you disagree, but a quick test run of the game there saw Jon Daly scoring 8 goals in 21 and staying at Dundee United. If he was like Messi as you suggest, he'd have scored about 50 and signed for a top Premiership side.

If you have any followup issues regarding the Scottish data, please go to the relevant forum and topic http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/318111-Scotland-%28Official%29-Data-Issues

Hey Stuart, United season ticket holder here :D

While i disagree with *a few* of the attributes Jon Daly has overall he's pretty well researched, so props for that. But what you said about him not moving to premier league clubs is wrong, loking at my save anyway.

In my PSG save pre-beta update he moved to Aston Villa in season 2, then went on to play in about half on their matches. In my Dortmund save i have at the moment he stayed at United until season 3 when QPR bought him as a back-up, he went on to play 12 times including a match against Chelsea where he scored 2 in a 3-2 win for QPR :D

Big Jon's loving life in the premier league!

I wonder if I'm the only one who notices this problem or not.

How many times do players dribble past/run past their oppenents?(yes they do when they are running at left or right side of the pitch but I mean other than those)

From my experience,it is very rarely,maybe even rarer than rarely that players dribble past/run past their oppenents.

But maybe the full version of the game doesn't have this problem?I have the demo of the game.

Is this considered a bug,can I post this to bugs section?

Hi,

yeah i've noticed the same thing, i'm playing the full game. I'm afraid defending and closing down are pretty much the same in the final game, a bit disapointing

Neil, this worked. Thank you.

For any other users on a mac having issues with the download not starting you need to rename your registry file. The way to do this on a mac is:

Show library folder as this will be hidden. You need to open up the terminal. You can do this by going to utilities and terminal. You then need to enter:

chflags nohidden ~/Library/

hit enter and you should then follow the next steps:

Completely exit from Steam.

Go to /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam

Locate ClientRegistry.blob and rename this file to ClientRegistryOld.blob.

Restart Steam to allow the file to be recreated.

You should then be able to commence the download. For information before doing this I also validated as per other instructions.

Hey Stuart, United season ticket holder here :D

While i disagree with *a few* of the attributes Jon Daly has overall he's pretty well researched, so props for that. But what you said about him not moving to premier league clubs is wrong, loking at my save anyway.

In my PSG save pre-beta update he moved to Aston Villa in season 2, then went on to play in about half on their matches. In my Dortmund save i have at the moment he stayed at United until season 3 when QPR bought him as a back-up, he went on to play 12 times including a match against Chelsea where he scored 2 in a 3-2 win for QPR :D

Big Jon's loving life in the premier league!

He didn't move in Season 1, that was my point ;-)

And if he's a reserve, then I've not got much of an issue with that, even if I don't personally think he'd make it there in real life. Would have said the same about Noel Hunt.

Ok. here is my situation. (sorry for my bad english, but you will understand what i mean), i'm realy mad. and have few questions. I got FM2013 by trade in steam, i trade with dude by gifts, i give him 2 games + 15$, and he shows me he's gift, there was "Football manager 2013 - Preorder" Nothing about "Football manager 2013 BETA Only" and no information about "you need another key to full game" so i trade it. now the questions

1. What reason to put different keys in same box? if anybody bough box, why you cant put 1 key for game? which activate beta and game after release? Why second key needed?

2. Ok, you make 2 keys, why when somone activate "only beta" key, there is no any information about "only beta"? good field for swindlers, right?

3. Whos fault i dont get my game? But first key is legal? right? It means somone pay money for that, and sold it to me? it means SIgames got theyr money? wright? I waste my money to game, wright to? but i dont get game which i pay for.

4. i dont understand this stupid system with 2 key's, and no information about "you will need second key", this is absolutelly stupid, im from Ukraine, i bough it cuz i need multilanguage game, i waste my money, but get nothing. Sompthing wrong with this world.

He didn't move in Season 1, that was my point ;-)

And if he's a reserve, then I've not got much of an issue with that, even if I don't personally think he'd make it there in real life. Would have said the same about Noel Hunt.

Oh i wasn't having a go, was just sharing what i thought was an interesting story!

You poor SI guys must be conditioned to think everythings a rage post when the games just been released :lol:

Semantics have nothing to do with it, simple fact is the ME has changed big time, what worked before may not work now. Take a look at where your going wrong and build a new tactic, plenty on here will give you good advice on what you can do to help your team perform better.

i'll experiment further for sure, my main point however wasn;t so much " i feel the game is cheating" it was that tactical requests/decisions seemed to impact little. I'm totally content managing a team that loses its fair share (hence being HSV) but the implication of tactics seems less effective. I'll take on advice and research further. best wishes

• Administrators
Neil, this worked. Thank you.

For any other users on a mac having issues with the download not starting you need to rename your registry file. The way to do this on a mac is:

Show library folder as this will be hidden. You need to open up the terminal. You can do this by going to utilities and terminal. You then need to enter:

chflags nohidden ~/Library/

hit enter and you should then follow the next steps:

Completely exit from Steam.

Go to /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam

Locate ClientRegistry.blob and rename this file to ClientRegistryOld.blob.

Restart Steam to allow the file to be recreated.

You should then be able to commence the download. For information before doing this I also validated as per other instructions.

This is now also in our FAQ. Thanks.

• Administrators
Ok. here is my situation. (sorry for my bad english, but you will understand what i mean), i'm realy mad. and have few questions. I got FM2013 by trade in steam, i trade with dude by gifts, i give him 2 games + 15$, and he shows me he's gift, there was "Football manager 2013 - Preorder" Nothing about "Football manager 2013 BETA Only" and no information about "you need another key to full game" so i trade it. now the questions

1. What reason to put different keys in same box? if anybody bough box, why you cant put 1 key for game? which activate beta and game after release? Why second key needed?

2. Ok, you make 2 keys, why when somone activate "only beta" key, there is no any information about "only beta"? good field for swindlers, right?

3. Whos fault i dont get my game? But first key is legal? right? It means somone pay money for that, and sold it to me? it means SIgames got theyr money? wright? I waste my money to game, wright to? but i dont get game which i pay for.

4. i dont understand this stupid system with 2 key's, and no information about "you will need second key", this is absolutelly stupid, im from Ukraine, i bough it cuz i need multilanguage game, i waste my money, but get nothing. Sompthing wrong with this world.

Sounds like you need to contact Steam as you may have been conned.

Archived