*Official* Football Manager 2013 Constructive non-ME Feedback Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't even get how he's on all the time. I've seen many rabid fans defend flawed products, but never this aggressively.

If you had any semblance of intelligence, you would realise that I'm not a 'rabid fan defending a flawed product'. In fact, I only signed up to this forum a few weeks ago, primarily to gauge people's feedback on FM Classic. However, I've been flabbergasted by the obscenely over-the-top criticism of this piece of software.

Like I commented before, most of it is a snowball effect, with many people simply jumping on the bandwagon because their team isn't winning every week.

Big moment in press conference in history. For the first time ever I got asked 'Ahead of your biggest match of the season.....' and it actually was a big match. Astonishing

Quick look through his post history doesn't turn up much evidence of commenting on people in a personal nature like that, not sure what you are getting at

Not that it's got anything to do with you but you can't see the posts of his what have been deleted/edited.

Now lets move on and stop with the pettyness and stick to topic please.

Grow up for goodness sake, if you can't take it stop dishing it out.

Of course I can 'take it'. In fact, it's water off a duck's back. The day I'm annoyed about what someone says about me on an internet forum is the day I'll chuck it. This stuff is tame on here, believe me.

My point was that the mods are quick to hand me infractions for next to nothing, but seemingly ignore others for doing worse. All I ask for is consistency. Not too much to ask, I wouldn't have thought.

In FM12 and before it was an annoying problem that your staff would be flying off to other clubs all the time.

In FM 13 there is now the option to have a chat with them and convince them they would be better off rejecting the offer they received and staying with your club.

Has anyone ever failed with one of these chats? I never have, even from much bigger clubs, and wonder if the balance has gone too far the other way

In FM12 and before it was an annoying problem that your staff would be flying off to other clubs all the time.

In FM 13 there is now the option to have a chat with them and convince them they would be better off rejecting the offer they received and staying with your club.

Has anyone ever failed with one of these chats? I never have, even from much bigger clubs, and wonder if the balance has gone too far the other way

Nope never failed with em, but then again I'm Arsenal and it wasn't exactly Barca coming in for them.

Another gripe probably mentioned many times elsewhere, but I'm having trouble with my match screen widgets. They're sometimes swapped from my own team to the opposition and sometimes disappear from one half or match to the next. Also, if I click on a the match details for a match my club isn't involved in it totally buggers them up.

Hello

Huge fan of the series since 2006. Glad to see the franchise moving foreword every year and hope to be playing with fifa13 looking engine in the near future.

First off i have recently stopped playing as i feel the game has too many serious bugs. I almost feel like the game should still be in beta. Now for the feedback

The good

- match engine evolving graphically

- backroom staff. Directors are a great idea

- training camps were great! Want to see them again. Did they get taken out in the patch?

- possession play seems much better in game

- contract negotiations. Love all new options

- loans seem to work much better, loan options are great

- stats and info screens are great

- love the new coach certifications

These ar just some of the great new things. Unfortunately its easier to remember the bad as they frustrate me day in and day out

The BAD

- lack of transfer offers. Too many players get released as free agents

- lack of low crossing instruction. If i want to play like barcelona or shakhtar i want to instruct players to do low crosses

- i hate having to press tactics during match to give player instructions. Let me move the sliders in a quick way from match screen. Kinda like set playerarking.

- coaching staff attributes should be explained in game or simplified. I want to know how many stars ill get from a coach without a calculator

- set pieces. Need lots of work. Huge part of the game. The fact that i cant tell multiple players attack the same spot is just weird.... i think this should wprk kinda like fifa. Almost recording or point and click player positions or even better drag and drop and record movement.

- preset positions... why cant we place the players exactly where we want them? I hate being restricted to the preset positions on the pitch. Moreover i want to be able to tell players where to run on attack and defence, kinda like fifa. I k ow we have the cut inside and move into chanels but i want arrows. I want horizontal movement and diagonal in all directions.

- closing down instructiosns should have area otline showing on pitch. Perhaps a circle or square that gets larger or smaller as the slider moves.

- signng staff from a search can be a chore! Give me filters for u18 coach u21 coach etc not just coach.

- scouting report. I dont lk the layout of the new report. With the old on i found the strength and weaknesses were easier to read.

- competition rules should be changable from ingame. Like number of foreigners, youths etc. As they change in real life i should be able to change them in game.

- parent clubs. Never had much luck of loaning players for my first team from a parnt club, most have no interest playing for my club. If thats the case the board shouldnt offer the club as a choice.

- scroll up down arrows should be added for every list u need to go through. Its extremely taxing clicking in and back from every player in your short list.

- pre-season and winter break prep is a very important part of every season. There should be more indepth features for the two. For example the ass man or coaches should be able to tell the coach that "as a result of your 3 training camps. Your full back and winger developed a very strong understanding of each others game amd now complement each other superbly... or your strikes etc etc."

- it would also be nice to get some kind of quanitifiable feedback regarding chemistry of players.

- press conferences become TEDIOUS!!! Why the hell do i get asked how do i get along with X or Y every god damn day? I realise that this is a tough feature to implement and I appreciate what impact they have on the players... however there are still bugs (like some options greyed out even when suggested during backroom meeting)

Im not posting bugs here and there are lots of those. But the above are my suggestiosn on making the game more user friendly and enjoyable IMHO.

Overall im pleased with new features and ideas however the game got released too early. Not all the features and, match engine especially, work properly. However as always SI is moving in the right direction and is THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE FOOTBALL MANAGER SIM!

Thank you

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but when you play a match with "Sideline" camera, you can only see the far touchline, but you can't see the near touchline. That means any play that goes on there, you can't really see what's happening or how a ball went out of bounds. That should be fixed...

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but when you play a match with "Sideline" camera, you can only see the far touchline, but you can't see the near touchline. That means any play that goes on there, you can't really see what's happening or how a ball went out of bounds. That should be fixed...

You should be able to use your mouse scroll wheel to zoom out so the whole pitch is visible.

Whenever I search for youngsters the majority are always expensive French players?

I have always signed U16s in many different versions of FM over the years for my youth team. I search for Fullbacks, Midfielders, Strikers etc. I am West Ham but have noticed for the last four or five seasons of FM13 about 90% of the first 40 to 50 players I search for are always French. I have my database size as medium and can manage in many leagues inc 1st/2nd divisions etc around the World. I have 25 scouts scouting all over the world. Locally I scout Eng U18s, reserves, Prem, Champ, both cups, euro qualifiers and League1.

It just seems as though my game isn't generating many youngsters apart from French? When I first started FM13 it was all Brazilian youngsters now its switched to French. There is a huge gap in quality and price from France and the rest of the world. its so flooded its just not realistic.

Example:

Eng U19s squad only has five players valued over £1m.

France U19s squad only has two players valued under £1m

I just searched for English, Max age 16, no exclusions....644 players

I just searched for French, Max age 16, no exclusions....1029 players

52 English left backs up to 16 yrs old with all of them being below £40k.

82 French left backs up to 16 yrs old with 47 of them valued over £40k!

This has been happening for years now and my game barely has any Eng players above two and half stars. Whatever generates new players needs looking at!

Whatever generates new players needs looking at!
I agree. They said they were looking at it but it isn't so evident. There is also still the issue there was in FM12 of international u21 teams of spain, germany (newgens) and france basically all being released en masse by their clubs each summer, and then no-one but the human manager signing them

I agree. They said they were looking at it but it isn't so evident. There is also still the issue there was in FM12 of international u21 teams of spain, germany (newgens) and france basically all being released en masse by their clubs each summer, and then no-one but the human manager signing them

I am in season 2020. Only two conditions with my player search: position and maximum age 16. Sort by value (highest first):

Striker...first 10 players are French

AMC...first 10 players are French

AML...first 10 players are French

AMR...first 9 players are French

MC...first 10 players are French

GK...first 10 players are French

DL...first 10 players are French

DR...first 9 players are French

DC...first 10 players are French

That's 88 out of 90 most valuable players for 9 different positions are French in my game! It needs more than looking at!

viva la France!!!

Whenever I search for youngsters the majority are always expensive French players?
same here. By the way i don´t understand the price of some players, i´ve made a great season with porto and the value of varela went up to 9M, however i could´nt sell him for even 3M

same here. By the way i don´t understand the price of some players, i´ve made a great season with porto and the value of varela went up to 9M, however i could´nt sell him for even 3M
Balueis a representative figure that is affected by the players reputation, length of contract, club reputation, and perhaps even form. It has no relevance to what people are willing to pay for him.

im starting a new save again, lost count now of how many this is, ive got a serious issue with player attitudes on mine, in all the times since its been a feature ive always picked my past experience as sunday league but now due to players not giving me the time of day ive had to set it as international just to get players to even learn my name, I know this is a bit exaggerated but ive never seen as many players throwing hissy fits at my team talks

theres plenty of other issues I have aswell

ive got a very open door policy and ill always talk to players but what I don't need is my entire youth and fringe players pestering me on the run up to games and even on match day saying they want a loan away and either not agreeing with me or agreeing and coming back the next week saying the same thing

this stupid contract option where the board want you to play attacking football and sign youth players, for me this should be set out in the job interview or start of season expectations

same thing with the French Newgens, they are wanting 10m in some cases, i was getting 2 or 3 out of Germany for a couple of Million. only Newgens i spent the money on are a couple of French Defenders who cna play in any position along the back line and has a 17 Long throw (far safer for me if the fling the ball to an opponant far away instead :p) and a player at Barca who was a similar type of player to xavi

Ok, starting to become really impatient here. I ordered the game off http://www.footballmanager.com/ on Wednesday and I still haven't received a code. Would really like someone at Football Manager to look in to this as I want the problem fixed today or my money back.

Sorry to hear that husdisbah, could you email help@sega.co.uk with your details please and they'll get you up and running. I can't do anything to resolve this directly I'm afraid.

Positive Comment!

I've noticed that, compared to FM12, clubs are more conservative about sacking managers leading to less absurd manager merry-go-round and more time for AI managers to build a coherent squad. This is great! Don't change this!

I've also noticed that, compared to FM12, there isn't a mass retirement of all managers older than 60 after the first season. Also great! Don't change!

Sorry to hear that husdisbah, could you email help@sega.co.uk with your details please and they'll get you up and running. I can't do anything to resolve this directly I'm afraid.

Yeah I have done that but they keep trying to say that it isn't their problem. I've never had a problem before and really enjoy the game, I just want to try and get this sorted quickly.

Finding the game difficult but enjoyable....most of the time. Currently in my second season with Everton, finished 13th in my 1st season and currently 8th with four games remaining. Went on a five game win streak followed by a four game losing streak and still dont know why or how. The whole season has been stop, start with some good wins (Man City, Spurs) and the seemingly regular defeats to bottom 3 sides. Starting to get to grips with the tactics used by other teams and getting better at countering those.

Just beat Arsenal 6-2 so perhaps this is the start of my good run.....then again im playing bottom club Leicester next.....

Just listing some things I'd like to see added/improved.

Graphical:

- Players coming out from a tunnel, shaking hands, national anthems being sung for internationals.

- When winning/losing a league or trophy, I'd LOVE to see a ceremony, either something happening on the pitch with fireworks, lifting the trophy, collecting the medals or walking up the stadium and lifting the trophy in the stand like they do for the FA Cup. Guess this would just add something for those like myself who play in 3D and would kind of give you more of a thrill when winning things.

- Not enough realistic GK animations, for example I'v never seen a GK bring a player down when he's trying to go round him which is one of the most common things within football, neither do they dive at players feet enough.

Training:

- Being able to select more than one player when doing anything with individual training. At the moment for example if you wish to select the training workload for players's individual training from Average to Heavy you have to do it one by one and tbh that's a ball-ache. It's the same with all the features within Individual training.

- When selecting what a player should try to learn, for example 'Avoid using weaker foot', it would be great if before you chose, your assistant gave you options of what he thinks would be best for him. I know he does that if he doesn't agree on what you chose the player to learn but a few opinions beforehand would be great. Again with being able to select more than one player at a time this would be handy as you could select all your LM/LW players to 'Run down left flank as much as possible'.

-

Gameplay Issues:

- Sort the bugs where it looks like a goal but isn't.

- Sometimes the animations are so messed up for example when a through ball is played it sometimes looks like my GK has run past the ball then the ST comes and taps it into an open net.

- I'm playing with as much width as possible, players set to wide, stick to flanks ect but it still seems quite narrow, maybe when you set players to wide they should be wider? maybe that's just me but it seems like they play narrow'ish.

- Gameplay is a little predictable, would like some more variation.

- At the moment it seems that if any little clever through ball is played behind my defenders they just stand still for the ST to run onto, surely they should be doing all they can to get a block in or run behind the GK to stop it on the line JT style?

- Seen it happen a few times were a long through ball is played behind a fullback, he has a good 20 yards on a winger but he doesn't run back and the winger runs to it and beats him, (Note: these are with decent players).

In-Game:

- When praising a players recent form the only options are that he's improved? what about just being able to say, you've been class recently well done?

- Interactions with referee's for when something happens during/after a game?

- Would love more interactions in general with everyone.

- IMO the 'board' does my head-in on here, for example I needed a pitch relay, I'm top of the second division with 5 games left already crowned Champions and they say there's not enough money? surely they know the finances they'll receive from me going up can pay for a pitch relay? I mean after I go up for example it says I made a profit of like 800k so there is funds there. Would just like the board to be a little smarter with it's decision

- Board not offering more than a years contract to me when I'v taken them up 2 leagues in 4 years, really?

Can't think of anything else at the moment, thought of these whilst trying to sleep last night HA.

Just listing some things I'd like to see added/improved.

Graphical:

- Players coming out from a tunnel, shaking hands, national anthems being sung for internationals.

- When winning/losing a league or trophy, I'd LOVE to see a ceremony, either something happening on the pitch with fireworks, lifting the trophy, collecting the medals or walking up the stadium and lifting the trophy in the stand like they do for the FA Cup. Guess this would just add something for those like myself who play in 3D and would kind of give you more of a thrill when winning things.

- Not enough realistic GK animations, for example I'v never seen a GK bring a player down when he's trying to go round him which is one of the most common things within football, neither do they dive at players feet enough.

Training:

- Being able to select more than one player when doing anything with individual training. At the moment for example if you wish to select the training workload for players's individual training from Average to Heavy you have to do it one by one and tbh that's a ball-ache. It's the same with all the features within Individual training.

- When selecting what a player should try to learn, for example 'Avoid using weaker foot', it would be great if before you chose, your assistant gave you options of what he thinks would be best for him. I know he does that if he doesn't agree on what you chose the player to learn but a few opinions beforehand would be great. Again with being able to select more than one player at a time this would be handy as you could select all your LM/LW players to 'Run down left flank as much as possible'.

-

Gameplay Issues:

- Sort the bugs where it looks like a goal but isn't.

- Sometimes the animations are so messed up for example when a through ball is played it sometimes looks like my GK has run past the ball then the ST comes and taps it into an open net.

- I'm playing with as much width as possible, players set to wide, stick to flanks ect but it still seems quite narrow, maybe when you set players to wide they should be wider? maybe that's just me but it seems like they play narrow'ish.

- Gameplay is a little predictable, would like some more variation.

- At the moment it seems that if any little clever through ball is played behind my defenders they just stand still for the ST to run onto, surely they should be doing all they can to get a block in or run behind the GK to stop it on the line JT style?

- Seen it happen a few times were a long through ball is played behind a fullback, he has a good 20 yards on a winger but he doesn't run back and the winger runs to it and beats him, (Note: these are with decent players).

In-Game:

- When praising a players recent form the only options are that he's improved? what about just being able to say, you've been class recently well done?

- Interactions with referee's for when something happens during/after a game?

- Would love more interactions in general with everyone.

- IMO the 'board' does my head-in on here, for example I needed a pitch relay, I'm top of the second division with 5 games left already crowned Champions and they say there's not enough money? surely they know the finances they'll receive from me going up can pay for a pitch relay? I mean after I go up for example it says I made a profit of like 800k so there is funds there. Would just like the board to be a little smarter with it's decision

- Board not offering more than a years contract to me when I'v taken them up 2 leagues in 4 years, really?

- Team talks at half time are rubbish and not detailed enough. Should be able to do more detailed shouts during the game.

- Transfers are awful on FM, teams buy players they don't need and half of them are shocking buys. Just seen United by a LB who should be playing in the championship or a lower prem team, would United really buy a 25 year old very AVERAGE player? realistically? no, please sort this.

Can't think of anything else at the moment, thought of these whilst

For me its important to fix the lack of AI clubs trying to get Human Club players. Once again I've guided a team from the lower ranks to the top of the Premier and still can only sell players by putting them on the list with the DoF! There hasn't been 1 single hostile attempt to get my better players.

Ludicrous how some £3-4m players go for nothing.

Also the overpricing of youths is ludicrous. If I offer £10m say for a 16 year old and Man Utd turn it down don't you think his agent would be knocking on the door for a much better contract worthy of a £10m player?

My 2 cents:

I am severley dissapointed that when I subscribe to a league that I am unable to get messages informing me of board takeovers and new stadia info unless I subsribe to EVERY club within said division.

This should automatically come under the 'administrative updates' section of subscriptions in the league itself and is something I hope that will be amended in a future patch.

I don't think the projected finances part works properly in the game. It keeps changing significantly despite me doing nothing that could influence the projection. I mean if it says £500k in January and I've signed no new players or changed contracts etc (and even made a cup run) it shouldn't be down to £200k in May. It suggests that there is some part of expenditure that the calculation isn't taking into account.

The biggest problem with the game IMO is the transfer market. With my QPR team in the 6th season, we are now a regular champions league club haveing finished top 3 for the past 3 seasons. I can attract big named players to the club due to my Champions League exploits but the prices that teams want for these players is a joke!

Iker Munian £102 million!!

Wellington Nem £50 million bid rejected (value is 22mill)

Regen Left back 21 years old valued at 2.5mil.......£33million!!!!!!

I could go on, but im finding I cannot sign anyone that I want. I have £70 million to spend on transfers and 300k in the wage budget, so finance is there, but I want the game to be at least a tad realistic.

Even when I sign good youngsters they have silly wage demands. 50k per week for a 19yr old that has played a handful of first team games in the championship?!

I've set my Assistant to handle all Match Preparation... Yet, in game, he is repeatedly suggesting I set Match Preparation to something specific, such as Defend Setpieces, when, really, he is supposed to be handling it... so why does he keep mentioning it?

Is he actually handling it? Or is it a bug?

Archived