*Official* Football Manager 2013 Constructive non-ME Feedback Thread

what is going on with my reserves?

i rest a player for a match, and as a result he isn't a first team player or a first team sub, so plays for the next reserve game because he isn't in these 2 categories?

He can only play for the reserves if he's in that squad, or you specify he will be part of the next reserve game(s) to build up fitness.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im not sure if this is an issue or not but if I could get some clarification on why that would be greatly appreciated

my main issue is that in the first save I had with Anji (before the patch) the board set some "initial budgets" before they gave me the final budget of something around 20 million + around 85 percent of the player sales, which I had no problem with even though it seems a bit low for a side like anji who have clearly shown their ambition in these past transfer windows, their owner does have a estimated value of 7 billion....anyways so I finish my season up, waiting for my transfer funds, first thing I noticed is that the board didnt set the "initial budgets" like they did in my first save, didnt think nothing of it at the time, then comes the season expectations and I see that the board is only willing to offer me this transferbudget13.png

keep in mind this season I did the treble so I figured I get more if anything because of the prize money and TV revenue, I also had a difference around 200k in wage space, as I sold Zhirkov for 15 million to Arsenal in the start of the game, and its not as if the club was losing money either they made a profit last season

finances13.png

any idea what it might have been, I figured that the owner would pump money in later but I have gone as far as a month and a week and nothing, I finally had the option to ask for the wage and budget to be increased but he wont oblige at all despite gaining a bunch of confidence from the board this past season

The club will weigh up the needs of the team against profitability really... and Why would they give you a huge budget when you, I'm sure, are spending a massive amount already compared to the rest of the league and already won the league with that team? They are basically saying.. the team is good enough, if not, sell and reduce the wage budget to get transfer funds.

Also folks,

I have no idea why you are spending so much time arguing about injuries or in fact, anything that's already been explained to be the result of an existing flaw that's being looked at being solved for the upcoming patch... won't really achieve anything..

If you really want to be useful, upload any issues with a .pkm to the bugs forum or keep the thread clear for those will other issues that aren't already superfluous, as the constant bickering/discussion on injuries and the like is diluting the thread.

Okay I have an issue/question.

I had four players on loan with me last season, all unwanted by their teams, all in the final year of their contract. Within the final six weeks of their contracts I could offer two of them a contract and they signed, the other two didn't have that option, went back to their clubs, signed a new one year deal and then were back on the transfer list.

1) why couldn't I sign them when their contracts were coming to an end?

2) why would they sign a contract as surely their status would be not needed so would never sign anyway.

Now these players are worth a combined £16m so I cannot afford to buy them, instead I'm going to take them on loan again, but it's really daft isn't it?

Okay I have an issue/question.

I had four players on loan with me last season, all unwanted by their teams, all in the final year of their contract. Within the final six weeks of their contracts I could offer two of them a contract and they signed, the other two didn't have that option, went back to their clubs, signed a new one year deal and then were back on the transfer list.

1) why couldn't I sign them when their contracts were coming to an end?

2) why would they sign a contract as surely their status would be not needed so would never sign anyway.

Now these players are worth a combined £16m so I cannot afford to buy them, instead I'm going to take them on loan again, but it's really daft isn't it?

I completely agree with you on point two, those players shouldn't really have signed those contracts. It is possible to concoct some IRL scenarios in which it could be plausible, such as knowing they will stay on a high wage, and the club being rich enough to feel it is worth having back-up to rely on, but given their status was 'not needed' it is all a bit clutching at straws. If Wayne Bridge IRL, having been transfer listed and loaned out for years at Man City was offered a new contract, I am sure he would sign it in a heart-beat! The quesionable thing would be him being offered one. All in all is hard to defend them new contract.

For point 1, I am very confused, having played FM for over a decade I have never once seen the 'offer contract' option implemented wrongly, although of course this doesn't mean it couldn't happen. At risk of being insulting, are you 100% sure their contracts were going to expire? Also, whilst I understand the 6 week thing, personally I use the 1st day of July as the day I try to sign English-based players on expiring contracts. Are you 100% sure you were within the 6 weeks, or just on the exact day you calculated it began? Did you try to offer them a contract in July? Were all 4 based in England, or just the two you couldn't sign? (hard for SI to comment on point 1 without them seeing your save)

I completely agree with you on point two, those players shouldn't really have signed those contracts. It is possible to concoct some IRL scenarios in which it could be plausible, such as knowing they will stay on a high wage, and the club being rich enough to feel it is worth having back-up to rely on, but given their status was 'not needed' it is all a bit clutching at straws. It is hard to defend them signing.

For point 1, I am very confused, having played FM for over a decade I have never once seen the 'offer contract' option implemented wrongly, although of course this doesn't mean it couldn't happen. At risk of being insulting, are you 100% sure their contracts were going to expire? Also, whilst I understand the 6 week thing, personally I use the 1st day of July as the day I try to sign English-based players on expiring contracts. Are you 100% sure you were within the 6 weeks, or just on the exact day you calculated it began? Did you try to offer them a contract in July? Were all 4 based in England, or just the two you couldn't sign? (hard for SI to comment on point 1 without them seeing your save)

I'm in Italy, I had the following players on loan, all with expiring contracts:

Anderson from Man United

Cuenca from Barcelona

Umtiti from Olympique Lyonnais

Contento from Bayern

I could offer Cuenca and Anderson contracts on 20th May, I couldn't offer Umtiti and Contento contracts right up until the end of May when they both signed new one year contracts.

I think it might have something to do with automatic one year extensions in their contracts? I'm in 2015 (July) I've just checked Contento and it says his contract started 2012, although Umtiti is 2014 (he could have been one year contract with one year extension).

The club will weigh up the needs of the team against profitability really... and Why would they give you a huge budget when you, I'm sure, are spending a massive amount already compared to the rest of the league and already won the league with that team? They are basically saying.. the team is good enough, if not, sell and reduce the wage budget to get transfer funds.

But the chairman is a sugar daddy. If I won the treble, i would be hoping for a nice transfer budget to provide you with extra strength for the Champions League. Being given that amount of money is quite bizarre considering the team's financial balance is fine.

But the chairman is a sugar daddy. If I won the treble, i would be hoping for a nice transfer budget to provide you with extra strength for the Champions League. Being given that amount of money is quite bizarre considering the team's financial balance is fine.
I agree it is lower than one would expect, but not indefensible in the circumstances welshace points out, of your squad not really needing improvement. Remember you can increase the transfer bduget considerably by reducing some of the wage budget, you could add £2.5 million and still have 50kpw spare.

Also you can request more money in 'Talk to Board', and given your bank balance and secure stature would probably be successful, especially as january approaches.

Despite all these things, I do agree it is lower than one would expect

I have no problem with selling to raise funds its what I usually do alot of times, I can sell Samba, Jucilei, Boussoffa, among others for around 60 million so thats not the issue, but when im only given 50 percent of the value they arent giving much in terms to rebuild a better squad or to even the standard it was

I have no problem with selling to raise funds its what I usually do alot of times, I can sell Samba, Jucilei, Boussoffa, among others for around 60 million so thats not the issue, but when im only given 50 percent of the value they arent giving much in terms to rebuild a better squad or to even the standard it was
You can change this in a board request.

I don't really think an IRL manager would ever sanction (assuming he was even involved) the big sale of a player without first enquiring as to how much of it would be made available to him

Sugar daddy status can be revoked at any time... usually taken down to background sugar daddy rather than foreground...

I have no idea what anzhi's starts off as..

So, I added a bunch of kids to the development list. I had 11 teams interested in one of my better prospects, only 1 of the teams offered as 'cover for first team' the rest were valuable first team player, and can you guess where this kid went?

What is the point of assigning these duties to the DoF if he cannot even send our kids out to the places they're likely to get the most football?

Sorry for lateness of reply, but there is also 20% VAT (tax) on income (ticket sales, sponsorship, prize money etc.) that you need to factor into this. The corporation tax (tax on profits) you describe is only one element of tax.

Thanks Stephen - no problems. Appreciate any responses to queries regardless of the lag!

Hi there,

Firstly let me start off by saying that I've been a loyal fan of Football Manager for over 10 years. I thoroughly enjoy playing the game and I know I will continue to be for countless more years.

I always want the game to continue improving so these are just a few things I believe need to be improved from the game:

- In a players History/Career Stats section I don't like it when a player moves clubs and it adds an extra line for his previous club during the same season he left. For example on Dimitar Berbatov's career history when he left Spurs for Man Utd in 2008 it added an extra line for Tottenham in 2008-09 when he never played 1 league game for them during that season just putting a 0 in apps and the remaining categories a - is placed. The same happened when he left Man Utd for Fulham for this season it added a line for Man Utd again for 2012-13 with a 0 and -. I just feel it makes the player career history look untidy and this has been happening for many years now. I hope it can be improved to not do that.

- In a teams Fixtures/Schedule section in the right hand column when it says 'Fixture Details - Home against......' again it looks untidy as the information gets cut off and you have to hover over it with your cursor to see the full name of the team you're playing and in how many days it will take place.

- After a match has been played and you press the score to see the match information (after the match report has been generated) in the overview box where it has the score, competition, attendance, stadium, weather etc it would be nice to see the actual score there not just the bookings and players scored. For example if the score finished 2-1 it would be nice to have it written there and not just the scorers for both teams.

- In 'Match Feed Settings' where you tick/untick to receive certain notifications for match info and staff feedback I untick all of them except for 'important scores' and 'league position changes' and press ok but each time after I press ok it re-ticks to show disallowed goals as a notification even though I continue to untick it.

These are the things that spring to my mind now and should any others pop up I'll be sure to let you know. I know they are very 'picky' points but I really want the game to be as close to perfection as possible! :)

Thanks for all your great work and keep it up! :)

Marios

International Management:

1) Media will be irregular and criticise you for silly things. Example; "You picked XXX ahead of in-form ZZZ" - XXX average of 7.10 over 9 games, ZZZ 1 game at 8 - There needs to be a 'minimum games in a month' thing to block this out.

2) Expectations is STILL far too reputation based - Montenegro are considered 'walkover' nations despite being a pain in the butt IRL and in the top 50s anyway.

3) There's a press bug that asks you about pre-match questions when that match has already been completed, for example, asking about giving a youngster his first cap (he's already got it) at the World cup draw conference... (lol?)

4) Players seek assurances on their future even when they're injured, or haven't been selected for a while. I know the point of these but like, Cole gets an 8 month injury and I tell him he'll be fine when he gets back. There's no point in him saying 'why aren't I playing' at the 2 month mark. He's got one leg... That's why he's not playing, we can't say that though.

5) There doesn't seem to be a method to STOP making national reports on a prospect.

6) There also doesn't seem to be a yearly 'these are the players to add to the pool' suggestion.

7) Way too many graphical glitches and errors. You can't sort a team by position in the tactics screen without putting in a new bar and it usually glitches everything. International management was clearly tacked on at the end I suppose. O_o

8) I'd like to see a 'give objectives' command if you're in charge of the national side. We should be able to tell the youth teams what we expect them to do in the U19 World cup or whatever so we can ensure that our youth policy is working surely?

Only real none ME feedback I have at the moment is a problem you're probably aware off. Basically, despite winning the league the past 3 seasons, 2 CL's, and a smattering of other cups, I've had my application for the England job laughed off after Brendan Rodgers resigned. And then Alan Shearer got the job. I just about can tolerate being beaten to the job despite being the best applicant by a mile, but being laughed off is not right. And it's kinda ruined my game, I always like getting club success then running the national team alongside it, and now it seems it's bugged and the only way I'll be national boss is by making a new manager.

Did you win all that with Man utd or similar?
Regardless of his answer there is very much a problem with being laughed off the England job. Someone posted in the bugs forum with English nationality and total domination with Newcastle both at home and in Europe, and was still 'laughed off'. In all FMs I have found the England job ridiculously hard to get, but now it seems hard to even be considered. As Chalky1989 concedes, they are indeed aware of it, but I have learned that that by no means guarantees actions.

Only real none ME feedback I have at the moment is a problem you're probably aware off. Basically, despite winning the league the past 3 seasons, 2 CL's, and a smattering of other cups, I've had my application for the England job laughed off after Brendan Rodgers resigned. And then Alan Shearer got the job. I just about can tolerate being beaten to the job despite being the best applicant by a mile, but being laughed off is not right. And it's kinda ruined my game, I always like getting club success then running the national team alongside it, and now it seems it's bugged and the only way I'll be national boss is by making a new manager.

Sounds like this could be linked to the job status resetting every pre-season. Perhaps reputation etc. also resets.

Sounds like this could be linked to the job status resetting every pre-season. Perhaps reputation etc. also resets.

Yeah, this has been a dreadful bug for ages. However good / bad you do, the next season your profile resets. Very unrealistic sadly

Too many reserve and youth team players want to go out on loan IMO. 75% of my Reserve Squad are on loan at their own suggestion which is good on one hand as youngsters gain experience but not so good if you want to blood those youngsters on the bench.

And please SI just dump Press conferences. One minute "manager a" likes me and the next week he hates me when I haven't said a dickie bird!!! It also amuses me that footballs more likeable personalities seem to detest you but maybe some of the more aggressive ones seem to think you are ok!!! I mean I can't think of too many people a nice guy like Roberto Di Matteo doesn't get on with but I always get on well with Wenger!!!!!

You get you assistant saying to "put pressure on the opposition" at the conference but there is never any option or it is greyed out when you go there, they really are an absolute waste of time, up there with team talks actually!!!

I guess what i'm alluding to is the fact that winning when you are expected to win doesn't impress the AI much in terms of wanting to hire you for jobs..

He won 3 league titles and 2 CLs. Don't care who it was with, if he wanted the England job the FA would crawl over broken glass to give it to him. Defending the indefensible is exactly what winds people up mate.

I guess what i'm alluding to is the fact that winning when you are expected to win doesn't impress the AI much in terms of wanting to hire you for jobs..

Sir Alex Ferguson is expected to win. Mourinho is expected to win. Would these coaches be overlooked in favour of 'Arry, I don't think so. Winning is winning, whether you're expected to or not, in my opinion. Perhaps the AI should be adjusted to look at this better?

Who's defending it edgar? Merely told him how the game judges it ... never said it was right or wrong. Suggest you adjust your attitude/bias against mods somewhat, we're just users too.

Attitude/bias? Where's that come from. Shocking. Whatever.

Sir Alex Ferguson is expected to win. Mourinho is expected to win. Would these coaches be overlooked in favour of 'Arry, I don't think so. Winning is winning, whether you're expected to or not, in my opinion. Perhaps the AI should be adjusted to look at this better?

I agree, certainly wouldn't be laughed off.

Attitude/bias? Where's that come from. Shocking. Whatever.

Comes from the fact you instantly jumped to the conclusion that I was defending the game... simple really...

Comes from the fact you instantly jumped to the conclusion that I was defending the game... simple really...

Yeah I wonder how I came to that conclusion. Mod or no mod, your question and comment was nonsense and needed to be called out. I'm sure in the new infraction-happy culture it's illegal to challenge a mod though so I'll await my inbox pinging. You were a good poster who I always got on with, it's amazing how quickly people forget.....

Edgar... nothing has changed... and where is my comment nonsense?

"I guess what i'm alluding to is the fact that winning when you are expected to win doesn't impress the AI much in terms of wanting to hire you for jobs.."

All that says is that the game doesn't tend to take into account accomplishments like winning the league if it's what is expected.. And for some reason you took that to mean that I was defending it as correct? Where in that comment does it suggest I was defending the game? Nowhere, if anything has changed.. as I said, it's your ability to judge a comment on its merits rather than who it comes from. Now please, realise, you've managed to derail the thread with this nonsense, and this is EXACTLY why infractions are being handed out.

Think this may be a bug? I recalled Ravel Morrisson from loan. Placed loan settings at "can be recalled" for future reference and placed Morrison's settings as "not available for loan". My DOF in his wisdom then loans the player out and I cannot now recall him????!!!!

DOF is a good addition but we do need a "finalise deal" setting for loans as well as signings so this kind of thing can't happen as if there was I obviously would have cancelled it.

Think this may be a bug? I recalled Ravel Morrisson from loan. Placed loan settings at "can be recalled" for future reference and placed Morrison's settings as "not available for loan". My DOF in his wisdom then loans the player out and I cannot now recall him????!!!!

DOF is a good addition but we do need a "finalise deal" setting for loans as well as signings so this kind of thing can't happen as if there was I obviously would have cancelled it.

I would like this option too, or the ability to say I only want to loan players out to club that they'll be valuable for.

One thing i've noticed is that there is absolutely no advice given in between seasons in the fortnightly backroom advice meetings.

I've managed in Ireland, England, Turkey, Portugal, Italy, Belgium and currently in Norway.

Is it meant to be that way?

That also happens very often in the pre-season meetings. Nobody has anything to say. It just comes up empty.

Not every time but very often.

Is that supposed to happen?

It'll be because you've set them to have a meeting, but there isn't any advice to give so basically:

you: "welcome to the fortnightly meeting.. anyone got anything to say?"

everyone "....."

You can have it on default and just call one when you want one though if you don't want it.

I see what you're saying, but at the same time, Newcastle are not expected to win titles. Even so, as pointed out, if Fergie/Guardiola/Mourinho wanted the England job, they'd be taken very seriously despite the fact that their teams are expected to be in the hunt. Not laughed off. And they wouldn't then give the job to someone like Shearer, who has only led a Blackburn team to 5th in the championship, and Everton to 15th in the premiership.

It'll be because you've set them to have a meeting, but there isn't any advice to give so basically:

you: "welcome to the fortnightly meeting.. anyone got anything to say?"

everyone "....."

You can have it on default and just call one when you want one though if you don't want it.

That explains the backroom advice meeting.

How about the pre-seaon meetings? Surely there would always be someone with something there?

Just started a new season now and another thing that i just realised is that i was never asked to pick the captain and vice captain.

Talking about pre-season meeting and choosing captain.

One thing i've always disliked is that i get that news item about choosing captain in the middle of, or after my friendlies.

That is something i would've had in the pre-season meeting before everything kicks off.

I could probably set everything manually before the news item pops up (when they do pop up) but isn't it an important part

of the build-up to the new season? Shouldn't that news item come earlier?

Hi guys!

You usually play with as many stars in the indicated speed of the game?

How many players selected and those selected countries?

I usually go down to 1 star game speed. That was 60 000 players in FM12 and 50 000 players in FM13. All the big nations, mostly top leagues only.

Hi guys!

You usually play with as many stars in the indicated speed of the game?

How many players selected and those selected countries?

I don't take any notice when setting up the game. Currently playing with half a star, about 120,000 players loaded. I'd rather have a fuller database of players and wait a few seconds for page changes than have a quick game with a small database. To be honest it really doesn't differ that much, for me.

Archived