*Official* Football Manager 2013 Constructive non-ME Feedback Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tks for your feedback OneUnited.

1. You said 'almost' identical .... the ones scored by Adebayor against me where 'exactly' identical, I can assure you. Like I said, I thought it was the replay of the 1st goal!

2. Do you work? Or you have nothing to do and stay all day at home playing FM13? Because if that's the case, then you have a lot of time to watch the games in Full. I work 10 hours a day and only have about 2 hours a day (sometimes nothing) to play FM13. And only at night, between 11pm - 2am. Sometimes my wife finds me asleep on the chair, you can imagine!! Therefore I don't have the freakin time to watch all the games in Full! If I did so, I wouldn't manage to finish 1 season before FM14 comes out! Come on, be real ... for people like us who work for long hours, it's impossible to watch each game in Full. Therefore, in my opinion, this should be taken into consideration when designing the game. The Extended Highlights should be designed to give you a lot of details in order for you to adjust tactics etc!

3 & 4. I don't expect that I play him in his preferred position and miracles happen, no! I'm not stupid! But at least I expect star players like Willian and Suarez to perform. Even when the team is playing badly - YES. That's when World Class players show their quality, when their team is not performing. Do you follow Football (aka Soccer) or American Football OneUnited?

5 & 6. I don't need to answer you. I don't agree with you anyway.

I sense you're a little on the defensive, so will try to treat this with a little more sensitivity. I wasn't on the attack, I was just trying to help.

1. Post the goal highlights in the bug forum with the PKM and SI can identify if there is a bug.

2. Yes I do work. I work a 60 hour a week job in the city, but I don't see what that has to do with anything. I don't watch matches in full either, but I know that when I watch highlights, that's what I am seeing. I too have switched from a full match to highlights, and the counter shot up to the next highlight and coincidence has it that it was a goal. I did it again and the next time it was a miss. Each time I changed the next highlight was of a piece of action. Be it a corner, a shot, some play that was meaningful.

Out of interest, were you switching to key highlights or comprehensive? Key highlights you're more likely to see a goal.

3 & 4 I live in the UK. I've watched football for nearly 30 years. Easy on the world class tag for those players, they're great, but not world class. I've seen Suarez have plenty of bad games. My point was that just playing them isn't always enough if their player instructions are counter intuitive to the team instructions and their position. Which is why I suggested popping over to the tactics forum. Post up your team formation, strategy and instructions, along with the player instructions. If people agree you should be getting the best out of the instructions you're using then something could be wrong. However, the people over there are quick to point out when there are conflicts, and often a couple of simple changes would make the world of difference.

5. You don't think the scout saying a long pitch is narrow could be a bug? Okay.

6. It's your prerogative not to agree with me. I was simply trying to offer an explanation. Again I reiterate that key highlights do not give a full reflection of your game. You're better using the stats provided in game and any advice offered to you by the assistant manager.

i´m already in the second season since the update was released, and the improvements are very good,

but there is some issues that someone should look at

1- as many says the injuries problems, every week i have at least a player injured in a game or in training. and one of my players broke is feet playeng for brazil and don´t appear the time for the recovery

2-please please please fix the corners, my wingers cross 70% of the times for the feet of the strikers, 25% to keepers and a few 5% to the head of my winger which has not angle to shot to goal. in reality we see many crosses to the head of strikers, but in fm2013 is very very rare, and my team does very crosses.

if someone can give me some feedback i apreciate

In my save Man Utd sold both starting full backs to Madrid for a combined fee of £17 million, now play Jones at RB and Santon(signed for £12 million) at LB and now seem to be collecting vintage keepers. Bogdan Lobont and Carlo Cudicini have both been signed, although both De Gea and Lindegaard are both fit and have been for the entire season to date(now in March). Normal or something off a touch?

This my first post on this forum but i am an active poster on other forums and i have been playing Football Manager and other football manager games for many years.

I struggled a lot in the beginning with 13 but i managed to adapt i find a "winning" formula.

I am approaching the game as i expect it is meant to be played, by actively "managing" the team during the match, watching mostly Full Match and making use of shouts and other tactical changes and it is working well for me.

My question is related to Opposition Instructions. As my knowledge of the game is still average and of football poor i make use of automatic opposition instructions but this is still not enough for me to be able to hold on to a lead during the match:

- i figured out that when Opposition Instructions are set the team defends very well during the match

- i discovered the hard way that when the opposition makes a substitution and the Opposition Instructions are not changed the player in question will almost certainly be involved in a play that leads to a goal very shortly.

- I use the button "Ask Advice" to re-set opposition instructions during the match but this does not work always smoothly, for some reason i have to go to tactics several times after the substitution and try to change them several times what may take up to 10 match minutes

- There is no clear and visible immediate warning from the Assistant advise or otherwise that the opposition made a substitution or altered their tactics and i rely mostly on keeping an eye on the opposition formation pop-up window but if my concentration drops, which happens mostly when i play in the evening after a hard days work to unwind.

The game AI, in my opinion, rely on this unfair advantage, some could call it cheating, to win the match or make it exciting; probably sounded like a good idea in concept but in the practice just makes myself and a lot of other feel frustrated.

I hope i have phrased my concern in a constructive way and this is not considered related to ME, because in my opinion this related to the concept of the game/match.

Feedback would be highly appreciated. :)

Apologies if already commented on but way too big a thread to check ,,, has anyone noticed that there is a definite issue this year with memory leak??? I know now for sure it happens. When you are on another page and click on the message inbox icon it will switch to a blank screen for a sec before your messages appear. To begin with it will load up in about 1 to 2 sec approx,,,, however if like me you just minimize the game rather than completely close the game all the time,, you will notice this load time reduce considerably.

After a day or so the load time for me on this page drops to around 4 sec.

Just wondered is this is a known issue and if they are looking at it or not ???

Apologies if already commented on but way too big a thread to check ,,, has anyone noticed that there is a definite issue this year with memory leak??? I know now for sure it happens. When you are on another page and click on the message inbox icon it will switch to a blank screen for a sec before your messages appear. To begin with it will load up in about 1 to 2 sec approx,,,, however if like me you just minimize the game rather than completely close the game all the time,, you will notice this load time reduce considerably.

After a day or so the load time for me on this page drops to around 4 sec.

Just wondered is this is a known issue and if they are looking at it or not ???

I've been getting the blank screen before messages load as well but I am in 2021 with a lot of leagues and nations, removing a few leagues if your running a lot of them might be a workaround till SI can get the leak sorted.

Anyone noticed the amount of world-class players that end up transfer listed?

Specially from Real Madrid, I have a save where by the were 8 Real Madrid players transfer listed for extortionate asking fees at the same time.

Anyone noticed the amount of world-class players that end up transfer listed?

Specially from Real Madrid, I have a save where by the were 8 Real Madrid players transfer listed for extortionate asking fees at the same time.

Yes!

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/332975-FM13-A-high-number-of-players-transfer-listed-by-request!

The game is very slow to spend the day in 2012 was much faster, I selected the same number of leagues and database, it is

Yes mate I think it is a memory leak issue. It even caused me to get a load of duplicate scouting assignments from one of my scouts only,, was weird ,, couldnt even cancel his. Put it in the bugs forum and was just about to upload my save for them to review and I had to do a restart for something,,, when it came back on ,, ,all cleared up, and processing noticeably faster again ,, esp loading the likes of the email inbox page.

I'm really enjoying this game now. 2 points though...

I would love to be able to click on a match and go straight to the math overview and not generate a report. Please change this.

There seems to be alot I players retiring quite young. I've played 2 seasons and douchez, abbiati, Pirlo Lugano have all retired. Some are 33, some 34 which is very young for a Gk to retire.

Yes mate I think it is a memory leak issue. It even caused me to get a load of duplicate scouting assignments from one of my scouts only,, was weird ,, couldnt even cancel his. Put it in the bugs forum and was just about to upload my save for them to review and I had to do a restart for something,,, when it came back on ,, ,all cleared up, and processing noticeably faster again ,, esp loading the likes of the email inbox page.

The neil brock asked me to make a topic gathering everything I had already spoken look here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/333383-Slow-processing-of-fm-2013

Friends I wanted to know one thing ... to create a save playing in Brazil with the idea of ​​going to Europe as I form?

Being that I wanted him as much difficulty liberators of america, then I would select the country that I see you play, the more all of South America and see only in the major leagues around the world with first division enabled: italy, england spain, germany?

Huge Disappointment!!

I have been playing FM13 for a few weeks now (I bought it on the release date, no pre-release Steam versions or anything), and I have to say what a massive disappointment I am finding the game. I have bought every version for 20 years now and not since CM4 (yes I mentioned it) have I found playing the game such a miserable experience. Over the years I have enjoyed how the complexity of the game has increased and got more realistic along the way. An achievement for me on FM12 was getting Swansea to finish in the Top 8 in the Premier League 4 years in a row, and I liked that the game wasn't so easy you could just stroll to the top of the league with any team (at least not without editing it anyway). However, having started the new game (on the full version, not Classic) I am finding the game frustrating beyond all known boundaries. Admittedly I chose my favourite team, West Ham, so I wasn't expecting to win every match, but 4 own goals and 5 goalkeeping errors in the first 5 league games, together with countless injuries at the start of the first season, followed by a losing run against WBA, Fulham, Reading (4-1 at home) and Norwich without hardly getting in a shot, has left me yearning for FM12 already.

I know there will be some comments about tactics, training, even trying FM Classic (as no doubt some people will feel I am just incompetent at Football Manager), but I have noticed in the forum a lot of people seem to be having similar thoughts to me, and we can't all be wrong or just suddenly rubbish at Football Manager can we?

Throw in the bizarre league positions of some top 4/6 teams as well as the annoying way the screen cascades at the sides each time the game is processing and I am on the verge of giving up completely, which even at my old age (40) is the last thing I want to do after so many years of enjoyment.

I have loaded all patches and still the same, is it worth waiting for a new patch or does anyone know where I can get a data update for FM12?????

P.S. I first put this up in the main discussion forum, but the thread was closed, is this the right thread for feedback??

Huge Disappointment!!

I have been playing FM13 for a few weeks now (I bought it on the release date, no pre-release Steam versions or anything), and I have to say what a massive disappointment I am finding the game. I have bought every version for 20 years now and not since CM4 (yes I mentioned it) have I found playing the game such a miserable experience. Over the years I have enjoyed how the complexity of the game has increased and got more realistic along the way. An achievement for me on FM12 was getting Swansea to finish in the Top 8 in the Premier League 4 years in a row, and I liked that the game wasn't so easy you could just stroll to the top of the league with any team (at least not without editing it anyway). However, having started the new game (on the full version, not Classic) I am finding the game frustrating beyond all known boundaries. Admittedly I chose my favourite team, West Ham, so I wasn't expecting to win every match, but 4 own goals and 5 goalkeeping errors in the first 5 league games, together with countless injuries at the start of the first season, followed by a losing run against WBA, Fulham, Reading (4-1 at home) and Norwich without hardly getting in a shot, has left me yearning for FM12 already.

I know there will be some comments about tactics, training, even trying FM Classic (as no doubt some people will feel I am just incompetent at Football Manager), but I have noticed in the forum a lot of people seem to be having similar thoughts to me, and we can't all be wrong or just suddenly rubbish at Football Manager can we?

Throw in the bizarre league positions of some top 4/6 teams as well as the annoying way the screen cascades at the sides each time the game is processing and I am on the verge of giving up completely, which even at my old age (40) is the last thing I want to do after so many years of enjoyment.

I have loaded all patches and still the same, is it worth waiting for a new patch or does anyone know where I can get a data update for FM12?????

P.S. I first put this up in the main discussion forum, but the thread was closed, is this the right thread for feedback??

Unfortunately I have to agree with you :(

I've played the game since the very beginning 20 years ago an this version is one of the worst versions to date. Not that I have huge problems winning, though. But the sheer stupidity of players makes me kind of angry when playing the game - and why play a game that makes you angry?

As you point out there's just too many unbelievable own goals and extremely incompetent defence.

Also, and I know that this may sound contradictory to my former statement, it's too easy to park the bus that results in less than 10 shots in total - both teams counted.

Hoping SI soon will release a new patch...

Okay, this isn't very constructive, but that is because I really have no idea what is going on. I've given up playing my matches vs relegation candidates, because somehow they are totally dominating me no matter what I try. I use instant result for those fixtures and the results are not satisfactory, but at least I'm not going through 10 minutes of massive frustration. I'd like to think that title challengers vs relegation candidates should result in something like 75% wins.

I'm not trying to complain but I honestly feel like I lost my money.:(

What I mean is that I bought the game a couple of weeks ago and still haven't found a team, league, or save to get me really hyped and past the first half of the first season. I'll try to explain a little further. At times it feels like there is just too much information thrown at you and the new look just throws me off. The few matches I have played the ME hasn't really bothered me as much, I do like it when the players save the ball from going out-of-bounds instead of clumsily knocking it out that and the dribbling in the box is especially nice, but the defending is atrocious(enough about the ME now), also what kills it for me is the state of the Italian league in FM, it seems the Italian clubs all go broke except Juve that is, so building a team is even harder than other leagues in FM, the new tax feature is not needed in my opinion but hey who cares about taxes. I really liked the previous training system and creating schedules for groups of players or individuals this year's system is just really dreadful. Nothing spectacular about FM13 just unnecessary bloated new features(again just my opinion).

Don't get me wrong I love FM and wasted many a day locked in my room lost in a fantasy of trying to make my favourite club untouchable or taking a low team to the top, that's why I'm going to keep playing FM, just not 13, I'm going back to FM12 and hopefully I can try and get motivation to play FM13 again.

By the way when will fixtures get fixed?

Playing 3-6 concecutive games with a 2-3 day difference, then a few with a normal 6-7 days difference (not in england), then another 4 with 2 days diiference and then 30 days without a match? Seriously? I'm having my squad decimated from injuries while there are THIRTY days that the association can relocate matches to? And I'm pretty sure in reality they would.

I honestly think that if I could sell players easier (and I mean for more than an insulting pittance + paying half their wages for several years after they move), I would be happy.

I could even live with the ME as it stands right now, seeing as the game genuinely doesn't seem to bias the defensive howlers in it's own favour, if that makes sense. I've won matches 4-0 where all 4 goals simply wouldn't happen in real life but I wasn't complaining :D

There are a few things that annoy me throughout the game but it would all be made better if I could sell players.

*cries*

Just posting another comment to see what's going on here.

Says there is another page (with more posts) but when I click on it, my own post is reloaded :confused:

Noticed the same a lot lately. New pages that don't exist and stuff like that.

I'm with Zulte Waregem in the Belgium 2nd tier in 2026.

I just finished my first full season there and managed to get to the playoffs.

I didn't know how i got there so i had to check.

I realised there are 3 periods in the Belgium 2nd tier. Which is really my own fault for not knowing for so long there.

What i immediately thought of then was, why weren't there any news about which team won which period?

It was my 2nd season with Zulte and not once have i seen any news about it.

Wouldn't it have been an idea to get some news about it, as it happens?

I'd like to think that title challengers vs relegation candidates should result in something like 75% wins.

They should if the better team is managed properly. Just picking a team and sending them out there isn't really enough, you've got to put the work in, moreseo in this version than previous ones.

This is where a lot of the polarity over the game stems from IMO.

also what kills it for me is the state of the Italian league in FM, it seems the Italian clubs all go broke except Juve that is, so building a team is even harder than other leagues in FM
SI handily provided you with an editor to fix their database problem

AI teams buying players to then never use them, as well as ignoring players on free contracts who have drastically reduced their wage demads more kill the game for me

This is realistic, and is implemented just like in real life. If you can't accept that then SI handily provided you with an editor. If you hate realism so much, then why not go into the editor and add billions to all the italian teams. You are free to do so, to play the game they way you like. SI introduced the editor to allow you to do so. I absolutely do not think it is fair to complain about realistic aspects of FM. (there are plenty of non-realistic ones to complain about!)

AI teams buying players to then never use them, as well as ignoring players on free contracts who have drastically reduced their wage demads more kill the game for me

There apparently is a bug with Italian taxes that hasn't been fixed in the latest patch.

There apparently is a bug with Italian taxes that hasn't been fixed in the latest patch.
If that really is the case then I will retract my previous statement then. But if it is just people saying there is because they have no money, then that is realistic.

EDIT - OK it is a database error, and therefore not affected by patches, so my point that it can be fixed via the handily provided editor remains, but my unnessecary vitriol with regard to realism is removed with apologies

I never use Attacking/Overload option because these options means "no more highlights" at all. Especially, the overload option.

I'm still waiting for an apologize for my 80 Turkish Liras. It was the last time, i won't rush for the next time. I wish there would be a rival of SI so we could choose the best.

I never use Attacking/Overload option because these options means "no more highlights" at all. Especially, the overload option.

I'm still waiting for an apologize for my 80 Turkish Liras. It was the last time, i won't rush for the next time. I wish there would be a rival of SI so we could choose the best.

There was, Championship Manager, people chose the best, Football Manager and it died.

They should if the better team is managed properly. Just picking a team and sending them out there isn't really enough, you've got to put the work in, moreseo in this version than previous ones.

This is where a lot of the polarity over the game stems from IMO.

Sure and vs the stronger teams you don't have to do any managing at all, that's why I have no problem getting to a title-challenger spot, but struggle vs the bottom 3. It's not like I picked up the game yesterday. Maybe I have an extremely complacent squad, but it doesn't make sense since we ourselves are newcomers with low reputation.

I think bottom teams are still overperforming and that's partly the reason for my own great success, ripping through the leagues with back-to-back promotions.

I regularly scored after going overload, I also regularly concede, I think it works pretty well in game. If your tactics are rubbish then simply going higher up the pitch through 'overload' won't make any difference. You need to make sure the tactical changes that accompany them are effective

You do know that that version of cm is the parent current fm yeh? As in it was nothing to do with the cm that died. There was a split where the name was bought by Eidos, but I think saying any more is a bit taboo, or at least it used to be

I definitely know. Without 3d or 2d, with full of the manager's imagines... it was clearly amazing. i hope next FM series would catch up that standart.

Now i know that i can play with only commentator mode but, time by time i got used the 2d, for example now i couldn't even play with 3d.

2d was good and nice without small deficiencies in previous games.

Ok probably not the right place for this, but I don;t want to starta new thread.

Just used the editor, as I noticed that Spurs, Sheff Wednesday and Tranmere have no managers. I edit the DB with the changes, save it. But when I start a new game and have that file ticked, those teams still have no manager.

I am having a bit of a head scratcher here.

I tried to sign this player who I am just dying to have,I tried in the summer to sign him for free but talks broke down,I have now been trying to sign him for almost 3 months but he keeps refusing to talk to me as the last time the talks broke down,Okay I can 'maybe' think that is okay but then as I really want him I asked my DoF to step in,he got him to come to the club for a trial,I was well chuffed,now he is here on trial I offer him a contract but he still refuses to talk terms.

Why would he agree to a trial if he had no intention of talking terms?

Archived