*Official* Football Manager 2013 Constructive non-ME Feedback Thread

Playing in classic mode, played 30 games, drawn 19. It's scandalous. Score draws too, and there's a distant lack of highlights too. Attack/Overload doesn't work and the game feels more like a game of 'eenie minie', can go into a game by far the strongest yet somehow lose/draw,

It's a rubbish game, enough said. SI have ruined what used to be an enjoyable title. It's a chor to play and I don't now get the feeling my hard work is paying off when i do get results. It feels like a lottery.

Im enjoying it a lot more. In previous FMs I literally couldn't fail, I could take any team and within 2 years have them winning every competition, consecutive promotions etc. With this latest iteration of the patch I am struggling to make any progress at all. Frustrating as feck, but rather enjoyable.

If a lack of a sense of control is the price I have to pay for that challenge then so be it. I'm pretty sure in IRL managers often only feel in control when they are winning too.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should have stuck to what I said a few years ago.. and thats wait till Patch 3 in march till they iron out the bugs.

They need to start testing it more instead of relying on the players to do it for them. Its become a 'well its fine, cos we can just let the players test it and patch the bugs out later' sort of situation.

Is it too much to ask that at least one guy tests it past more than half a season..

I should have stuck to what I said a few years ago.. and thats wait till Patch 3 in march till they iron out the bugs.

They need to start testing it more instead of relying on the players to do it for them. Its become a 'well its fine, cos we can just let the players test it and patch the bugs out later' sort of situation.

Is it too much to ask that at least one guy tests it past more than half a season..

It's not like that at all, all major software releases now work this way because the only real test is when hundreds of thousands of punters get their hands on it.

The difference between products is the willingness of the developer to continue fixing and improving it beyond release.

No in house testing team can hope to replicate all the possible scenarios a game this complex makes possible so until SI can afford to hire hundreds of thousands of testers it'll stay that way.

The tentative open Beta this year was a step in the right direction and it's good this is now possible, just needs explaining and managing a bit better.

But you're quite correct the best solution is for the iron willed to wait till March, they'll get it cheaper and in it's final condition, thing is we know that most of us aren't iron willed at all :)

In all fairness that is not what SI are doing,Si have to release the game and they have SEGA pressuring them to release it,I have no idea what the contract is but SEGA do demand a release by a certain date I would imagine.

Maybe SI have to expand there beta testers numbers,not that the testers do not do a good job but maybe as the game has progressed so much they need a much higher pool of players to test it.

I ma very sorry to write it but i am really disappointed.

This is th first time (and i play the game snce ever) that i have such big problems to win a game. Playing Monaco (players worth 12,10,8 milion E) cant beat teams which all players are worth 10mil E. This is very unrealistic and also the game engine. I get a lot of OG and my GK often scores OG because he cant handle a high flying ball. My players being 3 times more worth are weaker on the pitch than the opponents. I dont feel that I have influence on that what happens on the pitch. Also the games looks very schematic. Its alomst impossible to score from a CK or a FK. I do not know what happened to the best football manager game ever ...

It's not like that at all, all major software releases now work this way because the only real test is when hundreds of thousands of punters get their hands on it.

The difference between products is the willingness of the developer to continue fixing and improving it beyond release.

No in house testing team can hope to replicate all the possible scenarios a game this complex makes possible so until SI can afford to hire hundreds of thousands of testers it'll stay that way.

The tentative open Beta this year was a step in the right direction and it's good this is now possible, just needs explaining and managing a bit better.

But you're quite correct the best solution is for the iron willed to wait till March, they'll get it cheaper and in it's final condition, thing is we know that most of us aren't iron willed at all :)

Yeah, I can understand that, but when its basic stuff that 99% of the players pick up on in 1 hours playtime, its not quite good enough.. The game never seems tested enough especially for long term saves and its as if nobody ever bothered to go past 1 season as it becomes blatant.

I bought it, but Ive decided to leave it till march. I invest many hours into one save, and I dont want to get to 2016 and realise they forgot to add a 2017 to the calander or whatever I might find once I get a bit further in the game and it gets to the point of no return.

Plus, its far too slow. I'm need to wait for the performance enhancer fix. It seems like its only bothering to use 1 core on my system.

My big gripe and why im now playing fm12 is they have took fm12 and completely ripped it apart,when we was all wishing and asking for things we just wanted added to FM12 but they have really changed the whole game it almost feels like another company made this game i have never in all the previous releases felt like this but FM13 is madness im feeling really bitter at the moment ive spent a lot of money getting a new pc just to play this game and now that i have played it with a decent system im really disappointed. i have to disable all my anti virus stuff just to make the game process faster,

As for the match engine we have to be honest here it is complete madness its like all low level teams have Pele up front one shot one goal, today i installed my Fm12 and im full of the joys of life now just need a really good player update and im happy.

My big gripe and why im now playing fm12 is they have took fm12 and completely ripped it apart,when we was all wishing and asking for things we just wanted added to FM12 but they have really changed the whole game it almost feels like another company made this game i have never in all the previous releases felt like this but FM13 is madness im feeling really bitter at the moment ive spent a lot of money getting a new pc just to play this game and now that i have played it with a decent system im really disappointed. i have to disable all my anti virus stuff just to make the game process faster,

As for the match engine we have to be honest here it is complete madness its like all low level teams have Pele up front one shot one goal, today i installed my Fm12 and im full of the joys of life now just need a really good player update and im happy.

I feel your pain DMX.

I have given up with it and am just going to wait further down the line before I go back to it.

Reinstalling FM12.

I can see the direction the ME is going and i'm sure the finished product will be great, but this just feels very much a work in progress.

You'd therefore prefer an alternative where the stronger side ALWAYS wins? Where would the fun be in that?

Im not been funny MacZidane but you seem like your on a one man crusade to shoot everyone down who has a problem with the game. people feel how they feel what you feel maybe completely different but just allow people to express what they need to say without you getting all high and mighty and trying to belittle them.

Im not been funny MacZidane but you seem like your on a one man crusade to shoot everyone down who has a problem with the game. people feel how they feel what you feel maybe completely different but just allow people to express what they need to say without you getting all high and mighty and trying to belittle them.

Yes, because that's how a 'discussion' forum works, isn't it?

That's what i mean its your way with words. serious there is just no need to address people like that.

But it's true though, isn't it? It's a forum where people post, and others respond. That's how it works. It'd be a pretty dull place otherwise. Also, once you get into the realms of responding to the poster rather than the post, it becomes unnecessarily personal. Which it should never be.

Anyway, veering off topic again, so let's keep it feedback related, eh?

But it's true though, isn't it? It's a forum where people post, and others respond. That's how it works. It'd be a pretty dull place otherwise. Also, once you get into the realms of responding to the poster rather than the post, it becomes unnecessarily personal. Which it should never be.

Anyway, veering off topic again, so let's keep it feedback related, eh?

Yes for sure we shall agree to disagree:thup:

Why when you bring on more than one sub and do an individual team talk do you do the first.. then whatever effect happens, then do the second one and it changes the effect of the first one? Its like a combo team talk or something.

Wanted to do a quick post about a few ideas I had for future FM games.

1.psychologists : Put these guys in game and have them working in areas effecting moral and confidence.

2.Staff challenges : Challenge your staff with tasks to to add pressure to the coaching aspect of the game IE challenge your shooting coach to work with star striker to overcome his barren spell in front of goal.

3.New chat feature (Bin Agent) : Ask a player to bin an agent and have choices on what to highlight for a reason IE he always wants more signing fee then he gets for you, or he doesn't want the best for you just the money.

4.chairman mode : Where you can manage a team and also make chairman choices in infrastructure IE Ticket prices, stadium ect ect , but can only start in lowest league.

5.deeper set piece routines : setting up free-kicks to have 1 player run over ball then shoot or 2 players run over ball then shoot or fake shot with lay off pass ect.

6.More direct actions on striker orders : Tell them how to shoot at in what areas. Like ask them not to shoot still very close in and keep the shots low or maybe aim for top corners from far out or never to shoot from to wide.

7.player cheating : Do you ask players to look to dive with contact or tell them to be honest. Also do you fine players for diving often or leave it. Maybe leaving them will make their dirty play stat increase and like wise fining them makes them more honest.

8.ref interaction : Talking about refs before and after games to influence them, might not always be a good thing if the ref is mentally strong ! Also maybe get your scouts to scout Refs to give info on them and this would support this action, in football as SAF knows every little helps.

9.fan interaction : Get asked to fan interviews, more direct interaction with fans and get more in depth feed back on what fans want you to do. Maybe this could be fun if you do more of what they say you might do worse in league but you job be safer if you board is mentally weak and listens to fans to much as well.

10.Crowd trouble : On match days, sometimes might be problems with crowd on match day could have streakers running on pitch (don't have to show them naked haha) or maybe fights brake out and match has to be called off or something would make match day far more realistic.

11. Extreme weather : Like match day crowd trouble, match could start off and say in 70th min snow storm could blow in and you could watch the pitch get more and more white until ref blows and calls match off !

12. interactive training : Maybe training sessions you could do interactive training like be on the training pitch with them and asking them to do each thing you want and seeing the instant feedback on the effects its having. Also you could see with your eyes when doing fitness training who is most unfit , or see who is in form shooting so you pick right player for next match ! Or you could skip it and let you staff do it !

dunno if mentioned already but you see when you get your ass. man to take the team talk, if players act adversely surely they should be **** off that you're giving the responsibility to somebody else or something rather than being unhappy at a team talk i didn't even give :/

The thing that is rattling my cage atm is that the board chairman still won't build me a stadium in my eighth season in holland after winning the title six years in a row with 4 cups and a chapions league to boot. Ok i know we have a 25k seater and we are only selling 16k season tickets due to reputation that wasn't working properly before the update but is now moving much better. But all the same he has thrown in an extra 20-30 million quid a year into the coffers to keep the club running. We could have built a stadium for that lol

The january transfer system still needs adapting. I have some over-paid players who are approaching the end of their contracts. I offered them out for free transfers, which led to a host of teams offering them contracts to sign them at the end of the season. Most of them are quite old so will be even weaker players anyway.

Whilst it is plausible that one or two clubs might want to wait till the summer for budgetary reasons, simple logic decrees that most clubs, if offered an aging player on a free, would want him sooner rather than later.

I suppose in real life the player might want to see out his higher contract at my club, before agreeing to a lower contract elsewhere to after, but this doesn't fit the game mechanics as I understand them. I don't think the game mechanics allow a player to have that kind of future-vision with regard to his salary demands, and in any case the clubs didn't make 'bids' and then find out they couldnt match his wages, they just went directly to 'approach to sign'.

Please fix

One area where FM13 is inferior to 12: the player stats page for the league. Previously you could click on a stat and get a full breakdown for pass completion or tackling success for the entire league. Now you're limited to the five shown on the page and many of the stats are frankly useless. GK with fewest goal conceded means 2nd choice goalies who've played a couple of matches, most team goals conceded/losses all come from one team, etc.

I'd prefer FM14 to revert virtually wholesale to the FM12 model for that page.

And two conversation options missing: (A) "He won't be playing in your position" for players concerned about a new signing creating too much competition and (B) the ability to praise a player for consistent solid form not just an improvement.

One area where FM13 is inferior to 12: the player stats page for the league. Previously you could click on a stat and get a full breakdown for pass completion or tackling success for the entire league. Now you're limited to the five shown on the page and many of the stats are frankly useless. GK with fewest goal conceded means 2nd choice goalies who've played a couple of matches, most team goals conceded/losses all come from one team, etc.

I might have misunderstood, but on the left of your page, above the lists, it should say 'Player Stats | Overview (o)' with the o in brackets being a picture of an eye. If you click on the eye you can change away from overview and onto full lists, which go beyond 5 players. no?

I might have misunderstood, but on the left of your page, above the lists, it should say 'Player Stats | Overview (o)' with the o in brackets being a picture of an eye. If you click on the eye you can change away from overview and onto full lists, which go beyond 5 players. no?

Thanks, you're quite right - don't know how I missed it there.

The control touchline shouts (Play safer, Take more risks) never seem to be available for me to choose. They are listed but I cannot choose them. Is this deliberate and if so, why bother to list them?

Those are only available if your playing strategy is either Overload (Take more risks) or Contain (Play Even Safer)

Those are only available if your playing strategy is either Overload (Take more risks) or Contain (Play Even Safer)

Aaah, Ok. That makes sense, although if strategy set to Contain then presumably you are being more cautious anyway. And if Overload, taking more risks.

Why not have ability to play even safer if Balanced, say?

How do you release someone?

I finding everything so much harder to find than normal.. simple is more effective.

Right-click on name, choose contracts, and one of the options is 'release on a free'. That's what it is on Classic which is what I have on just now, might be different in the main game, I honestly can't remember, but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

I dont understand why the season stats section on the player profile had to be changed, before you could see games played in all the different competitions, goals, assists, bookings, passing percentage, average rating, all in one and its always been like that, I just can't understand that one at all. Theres a few things I like thats changed in this game, but theres alot of things I don't like, where I can't understand why you've even changed it. Just seem to have to go through more menus to find things now :/

Hey can you make the players more intelligent when it comes to choosing what is best for their future development. All I get like every 3 weeks from fringe players who are 18 years old is I want to go out on loan over and over again I have to go through a tedious process of saying no to 10 players every 3 weeks. Fact of the matter is they get better coaching at my club and improve faster then they would getting first team games at most clubs even if they are playing in reserves and before any one says that ain't true I have tested the theory and most players who go out on loan hardly improve at all to the level they do at my club. All I am asking for is a little self awareness from the players and understanding they are going to do much better if the training is better at the club they are contracted at. Is that so much to ask !

In all fairness that is not what SI are doing,Si have to release the game and they have SEGA pressuring them to release it,I have no idea what the contract is but SEGA do demand a release by a certain date I would imagine.

Maybe SI have to expand there beta testers numbers,not that the testers do not do a good job but maybe as the game has progressed so much they need a much higher pool of players to test it.

I doubt that expanding the pool of beta testers would solve their issues. They just need to not release something until it's truly ready. Then people won't complain about things that aren't working properly upon release. They could have released the ME 12 engine with updates while working on the current engine for another year...

Anyway, I'm done complaining. I just want to know how I can turn off that stupid timer on the continue button so I can go back to playing FM 13 without having to request timeouts all the time. I thought they were just fixing old features, not adding new ones that are annoying again...:mad: Guess I'm not done complaining.

I dont understand why the season stats section on the player profile had to be changed, before you could see games played in all the different competitions, goals, assists, bookings, passing percentage, average rating, all in one/

You still can, it's all on their front page, although I think you need to have full screen enabled to see it.

It's one thing releasing something that needs to be balanced. It's another releasing something that is fundamentally flawed. Getting a discount on the game for pre-ordering was great. But what's the point when I have to wait a long time to actually play without being annoyed? If I knew then what I know now...

Anyway, I'm just annoyed because of this timer issue. I've disabled it in the Preferences, but it doesn't disable the actual timer.

Why the hell won't any of the lower league staff ever agree to extend their contracts? It's tedious enough having to do negotiations one by one each season, but having to overhaul the backroom staff every year is taking the biscuit.

Word. exactly what im talking about. too much work to get into the center of the final dot.

Hi,

This game it's 20 years old, I've been playing it since I was 12 - so for 16 years now - and I live in a country where 50 euros it's an high price to play a game.

This has been the worst update since I can remember in all CM/FM collection and as customer makes me rethink a future buy. I'm not discussing if I understand more or less about football - because CM was one of the reasons for me to try to know the game further, along with the quality-football and my curiosity for history - however, it seems odd to me the difficulty in maintaining a team like Porto for practicing short passes (in midfield with the quality of Fernando, Moutinho, Lucho, Defour and James Rodriguez) in the portuguese league; and the difficulty is not making the goal, but maintaining the ball. The pressing has greatly improved in this last update, but shouldn't be released because it puts in stake one playing style - even less for a paying public that feels permanently as a beta tester.

Not to mention the systematic (glitch) injuries that return from update after update.

P.S.: Concerning "Steam" nothing against it, however it would be usefull to have the option to uninstall patches

Hi,

This game it's 20 years old, I've been playing it since I was 12 - so for 16 years now - and I live in a country where 50 euros it's an high price to play a game.

This has been the worst update since I can remember in all CM/FM collection and as customer makes me rethink a future buy. I'm not discussing if I understand more or less about football - because CM was one of the reasons for me to try to know the game further, along with the quality-football and my curiosity for history - however, it seems odd to me the difficulty in maintaining a team like Porto for practicing short passes (in midfield with the quality of Fernando, Moutinho, Lucho, Defour and James Rodriguez) in the portuguese league; and the difficulty is not making the goal, but maintaining the ball. The pressing has greatly improved in this last update, but shouldn't be released because it puts in stake one playing style - even less for a paying public that feels permanently as a beta tester.

Not to mention the systematic (glitch) injuries that return from update after update.

P.S.: Concerning "Steam" nothing against it, however it would be usefull to have the option to uninstall patches

Thats true, injuries glitch makes this game unplayable at this point. About Steam, you can just check for not receiving updates, however you will need to reinstall game.

Archived