*Official* Football Manager 2013 Constructive non-ME Feedback Thread

First thoughts so far, The beta got me worried as hell but im so far satisfied with the full game. The ME with the final build seems so far to have steadied up and actually be playable without idiotic huge mistakes in defense. I even manage to hold off Man C while playing Fc Twente for quite some time even though i get slaughtered on second half but gotta be realistic in the first seasons.

The gamespeed has been optimized fully and im quite amazed by it. I am running all the major countries (Argentina/Belgium/Brazil/Denmark/England/German/Italy/Netherlands/Russia/Spain) and its loading quite fast regarding to fm12. Good job :)

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In regards to the data editor - I've found it, but the issue I have is that the changes i've made to the database don't end up being in the actual game once i've loaded it up. Anybody know why this is? I've never had any problems with this before, what am I doing wrong?

• Administrators
In regards to the data editor - I've found it, but the issue I have is that the changes i've made to the database don't end up being in the actual game once i've loaded it up. Anybody know why this is? I've never had any problems with this before, what am I doing wrong?

Not an editor expert to be honest - are you sure you've selected the files correctly when starting a new game?

• Administrators
I have the full game update now but I'm only on 13.0. What am I supposed to do to get 13.1?

Go to FM -> Game status, it should be:

PC: 327735

Mac: 327726

If it's not, I'd suggest restarting Steam so it can update.

Go to FM -> Game status, it should be:

PC: 327735

Mac: 327726

If it's not, I'd suggest restarting Steam so it can update.

Yeah it is that, and noticed in the game status my version is 13.1.0, but when I start a new game I am on database 13.0.0??!!

Assume I am all up to date though

• Administrators
Yeah it is that, and noticed in the game status my version is 13.1.0, but when I start a new game I am on database 13.0.0??!!

Assume I am all up to date though

Yeah database hasn't changed and will be 13.0.0. Thanks.

They are in the Tools section of the Steam Library. To create a shortcut try this: http://www.sigames.com/faq/fm13.php?id=66
Have you installed them? They need do separately on the Tools Library page

Yeah I’ve installed both the editor and resource archiver and both programmes work fine. I’ve also created the shortcuts; however there are no icons/pictures on the shortcut it’s just blank/white. The FM13 shortcut has a black with gold font icon but the editor and archiver don’t have one.

Decided to buy "Unlimited Scouting" from the store as I have had 80p in my Steam Wallet for about 2 years now :D

I don't quite understand what it's meant to do.. it says "Up to 100 'scout individual player' assignments will be processed the next day, and you can scout the whole world."

I waited a day and nothing happened :(

• Administrators
Decided to buy "Unlimited Scouting" from the store as I have had 80p in my Steam Wallet for about 2 years now :D

I don't quite understand what it's meant to do.. it says "Up to 100 'scout individual player' assignments will be processed the next day, and you can scout the whole world."

I waited a day and nothing happened :(

You need to actually pick players to "Get Scout Report".

First complaint!

I won 7-1 against Goverla, just before updating. I saved the match because there were some awesome goals on it. I updated and tried to replay it in the 'View Match' area. Apparently I lost 2-1... Game is still down as a 7-1 on the full game and I got the three points, I just couldn't see the goals and they kept showing a mythical 2-1.

Also, I had a XML Parsing error as soon as I booted it up.

That happens with any patch i am certain of it, when we got the beta update, i watched through all of my Torquay United results and nearly every single game played out completely different from before the patch, despite these games already being played and the scores marked correctly.

One example is, i drew 2-2 with Plymouth Argyle, upon viewing highlights after the beta update i had apparently won 4-0. I guess it's like the Total war series, once they update something the replays show different results to what actually happened. Not a major problem though as the points remain on the board and every game played after the updates seems to replay the correct score until another ME update.

The widgets in the match for formations, match stats, player rating etc. Are still not staying in the place that they are moved to. Once they are minimized they jump back to their original places. So more often than not they are behind another widget.

That happens with any patch i am certain of it, when we got the beta update, i watched through all of my Torquay United results and nearly every single game played out completely different from before the patch, despite these games already being played and the scores marked correctly.

One example is, i drew 2-2 with Plymouth Argyle, upon viewing highlights after the beta update i had apparently won 4-0. I guess it's like the Total war series, once they update something the replays show different results to what actually happened. Not a major problem though as the points remain on the board and every game played after the updates seems to replay the correct score until another ME update.

Just gutted as Javad Nekounam scored a hat-trick of 35 yard strikes... from DM

• Administrators
hello to get all the benefits of the full version I have to start a new career or I can continue the rescue beta that are already in its second season!?? thanks :)
It is save game compatible :)

Have played 7 games on the new patch (FMC).

ME is a lot better. Maybe because my players do what they are asked and I'm having more success than before 13.1 :)

The off the ball movement and players tracking down for marking/tackling has been vastly improved.

Overall great work has been made the last 2 weeks. :applause: SI

Still the GK has problems when crosses are coming his direction and no other players are near him. The ball simply goes right through his hands and into goal. Have seen this twice in seven games.

If my DoF can't get the player I have assigned him to buy I keep getting the same news about it each and every day in the transfer window.

Edit: on the 30th Jan I got 16 messages that said my DoF couldn't get the player I want (the same player).

Guess I could right more but it's getting late...

:applause: to the team at SI. You've got me again. :lol:

This does seem like the biggest leap forward for the game in a little while and I'm delighted that there was so much feedback on Beta - I'm sure the final product will be far better for that process.

Now to find a DoF who doesn't waste all my transfer budget on new coaches. Or maybe I just strip them of that particular role.

• Administrators
Been playing for a few hours but now my game has just locked up and the processing wheel is spinning top left but it's not progressing...any ideas?

Is it close to the end of the transfer window per chance?

• Administrators
I'm having the same problem in regards to the editor, but it seems to only be with people. In the editor they exist, but in the game they're nowhere to be found.

Can you post this in the bugs forum please?

OK I decided to start a new game and now suddenly cannot select the league systems from various nations. Has this happened to anybody else?

http://i.imgur.com/79S8a.png -- Link to screenshot of what I see when it comes to selecting nations.

Been advised to post this here. As far as I know I haven't touched anything at all. The game appeared to update as normal at about 00:05. I've only just come to starting a new game when that happened.

• Administrators
Verified the game cache and had to redownload a file. I would imagine that the data folder was corrupted during the original installation because it was interrupted several times by lack of signal.

All appears to be good now, thank you very much for your help mate.

No worries thanks for raising it!

Eugster - glad you're enjoying it :D

Sorry to post this here as its not really feedback and I plan to start an online/network game with a mate later- Can anyone give a firm review versus what the beta version was like? I.e. improvements or lack of, any really stand out great things about the game? Also, has anyone here set up an network game? Heard there were issues and was wondering if there was any feedback for that :thup:

I'm having the same problem in regards to the editor, but it seems to only be with people. In the editor they exist, but in the game they're nowhere to be found.

for me it works just fine...except one thing,like u've said...when i created a player and put him in team...he does not exists...he is not in that team..and when i try to search for him,no player by that name exists

well i guess only solution is pick some unknown player and rename him and change him...

i try this just now...and this works

• Administrators
Sorry to post this here as its not really feedback and I plan to start an online/network game with a mate later- Can anyone give a firm review versus what the beta version was like? I.e. improvements or lack of, any really stand out great things about the game? Also, has anyone here set up an network game? Heard there were issues and was wondering if there was any feedback for that :thup:

See the first post of this thread, there is a link to the changelist.

As for setting up Network Game, give it a try, if you encounter issues have a look at this - Finding/Connecting to FM Network Games

Archived